Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 10 votes

For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

872 replies to this topic

#871 cma8516

cma8516

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406976
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month? 3-4
How often you practice in a month? probably 4-5 range visits in a month on lunch during the season
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. --- probably around a 7
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 6.4 GHIN
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? --- Mid/Low Irons and Putter

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Loft 8.25 -- X Flex Speeder 661 Evolution - 45 inch -- dont know swing weight
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I tend to be on the quicker side
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7ish on consistency - i think i hit towards center/center toe fairly regularly. Dont miss on heel too much
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? trying to really decide between 2 shafts i have currently or if i should try something different. I am trying to work on my AOA because i know its steep but i have a lot of trouble flattening out so i'm not sure if any other shaft out there might help me.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST!  DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

averages from recent session with same shaft in different flexes. i removed a few bad misses to try to narrow them down to more normal shots - i dont think im swinging that well right now

PXG 0811X driver

10 shots -- 8.25 LOFT X - weights in draw position (at this point i had hit probably 40-50 balls)
BS 162.2 / SS 108.1 / SPIN 3091 / Smash 1.5 / Carry 262 / Total 286 / Launch 8.9 / Side 1.1 R / AOA -3

8 shots - 8.25 LOFT X -- weight forward for lower spin
BS 161.4 / SS 108.7 / SPIN 2896 / Smash 1.49 / Cary 265 / Total 289 / Launch 9.9 / Side 38.9 R / AOA -2.9

8 shots - 8.25 LOFT STIFF - weight forward for lower spin
BS 159 / SS 107.6 / SPIN 2974 / Smash 1.48 / Cary 261 / Total 283.6 / Launch 11.5 / Side 43.5 R / AOA -2.8

6 shots - 9 LOFT X -- weight forward
BS 158.9 / SS 107 / SPIN 3993 / Smash 1.49 / Cary 251 / Total 264 / Launch 11.3 / Side 10.3 R / AOA -2.5

5 shots - 9 LOFT Stiff - weight forward (first shots of session)
BS 156.3 / SS 105.6 / SPIN 3666 / Smash 1.48 / Cary 249.6 / Total 265.8 / Launch 11.3 / Side 9.5 R / AOA -2.6

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? If i get quick i snap hook it but my normal miss is out to the right.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? baby draw
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High - Draw
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? mid-atlantic - courses tend to not have a lot of roll so a lot of times my drivers will hit and stop without much roll
11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'9" about 190lbs - average build i would say - neutral posture
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Med-Lg glove - dont have any kind of measure around me so -- on a sleeve of pro v's wrist to bottom of longest finger just up to #1 ball in golf on the front lol .... longest finger from bottom of box to right tip of O in golf on side of box
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? honestly no clue.
14. etc. The more the better it become.

Edited by cma8516, 12 February 2018 - 02:39 PM.

Titleist 917 D2 9.5 Rogue Max 65
TM M2 15*
TM M2 19* Rescue
Titleist 718 TMB 4-PW
Titleist SM6 50/56/60* Wedges
SC Buttonback Newport 2
SC H17 Jetsetter Ltd Edition
SC Newport 3
SC Custom Ship Refinished Pro Platinum Mil Spec

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#872 twjames

twjames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433246
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

BB or GP?

#873 ib0o0

ib0o0

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426622
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted Yesterday, 02:51 AM

How often you play in a month?
3-4 times / month
How often you practice in a month?
10-12 times / month
How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.
What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?
9 EGA
What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?
Putter

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc )
Ping G SF Tec, 10º set to 9. Shaft Ping Tour 65X. Grip Lamkin crossline oversize.
2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Fast tempo, heavy loader.  
3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Around 8.5.
4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up Ultra low spin.
5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM?Trackman:
Current driver: https://imageshack.us/i/pnXC5erXp
6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up Higher launch, higher spin
7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? High slice when I get quick but the driver has nothing to do with it. Those are bad swings.
8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Fade or pretty straight shot, mid launch
9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade I like to play a fade because it's more controllable. Can work the ball and play a draw if necessary.
10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from
Madrid, Spain. Fluffy fairways during winter, very hot, firm fairways on summer.
11. Body build and postures? height? etc.: 5’10”. Athletic. Regular driver posture.
12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Large glove , 3.5" finger , 8" hand , right handed
13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I look a little like JB Holmes, would like to look like Rory. xD
WITB:
Driver: Ping G SF - Tour 65X
3 Wood: Ping G SF - Tour 65S
Irons:  3-PW: Mizuno MP-32 - DG S300
Wedges: 52º, 56º, 60º: Cleveland RTX 2.0 - DG S300
Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence TR 388
Ball:   Titleist ProV1X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors