Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Which GPS has no annual fee/download course fee!?!?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 enjoi_bailey

enjoi_bailey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73844
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Which GPS has no annual fee/download course fee and has canadian courses!?
plz help!?

Edited by enjoi_bailey, 16 April 2009 - 05:15 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 enjoi_bailey

enjoi_bailey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

obv. no one knows...

#3 SteveDave

SteveDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78826
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

The Callaway uPro appears to have courses in Canada.  They do not have a annual membership but the "pro" course downloads cost $$ they do have basic yardages that are free, ie what you get on all the GPSs which is distance to hazards, front, middle, back of green etc.

check out this link   http://coursefinder....p;course__name=

Lastly, if you have a windows mobile phone you can use Freecaddie which is great and you can map your own courses.

Edited by SteveDave, 16 April 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#4 Andy L

Andy L

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:13 AM

Having Canadian coverage was also part of my GPS selection criteria.  Check out Golf Guru, you can browse their course list by state/province.  They have no annual fee and they currently have 189 courses mapped in Ontario CA, as well as much more in other Provinces.  Having Canadian coverage was also important to me since I live in Western NY and will occasionally play the Legends (two of the nicest courses you could ever play anywhere!) amongst some others in the Niagara Falls region.  Golf Guru is lacking a few I'd be playing and I plan on requesting those maps. If they have adequate imagery they will map in 7 days or less.

Good luck

#5 enjoi_bailey

enjoi_bailey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

Thanks guys. The Callaway uPro looks pretty good and it does have some courses in my area. So how exactly does the "pro" course download differ from basic. what other options do u get with the pro...I've also looked at the garmin golflogix8 which has more of my courses! and the unlimited course download is only $30 a year. which isn't bad at all really

#6 highhandicapper

highhandicapper

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76245

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Here's a link that compares the pricing of courses for the different golf gps units - http://criticalgolf....s-reviews/cost/

Don't know if you have an iPhone or BlackBerry, but there are a number of programs that provide GPS for golf courses and are generally pretty cheap.  Not as polished as the stand-alone devices, but if $ are a big issue, you might want to take a look.

#7 CRHgolfer

CRHgolfer

Advanced

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121183

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

I have the golf buddy and it has coverage for the entire world... I really like it, works well, free downloads and updates, and holds 20K courses, customer service isnt the best... one of my local muni courses is mapped wrong and it took forever for them to get back to me, but otherwise a great product!

#8 SteveDave

SteveDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78826

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

The pro features on the uPro are quite unique.  Check out this page, http://www.uprogps.com/how-to-use/.   To sum it up gives you aerial views of each hole, starting off the hole it gives you a flyover of the hole superimposing where the 200, 150 and 100 yard markers are.  then when on a hole it shows where you are and gives you distances to every point you can move the cursor to.  the site really explains it all theres more to it then i mentioned.

Edited by SteveDave, 18 April 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#9 Turbs

Turbs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50814
  • Ebay ID:Turbo7337
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi there I also have the Golf Buddy it comes with courses pre-loaded to the region that you reside in. I just recently went to the sky caddie 2.5 as I like the accuracy of the sky golf system better. Golf buddy just uses sat-overlays that aren't always true. The yearly subscription amounts to a box of balls...

Hope this helps.

Cheers from Winnipeg

Turbs

#10 gilbert_t

gilbert_t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80516

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

I have the Sonocaddie XV2. THis has 20,000 plus courses over 50 countires...including Canada. The good thing about it is that there is no subscription fee. You can also edit a course if there are new bunkers or hazards or if distance isn't accurate.

Courses are easy to download via internet...

This is the only model from Sonocaddie without subscription fees. http://www.sonocaddie.com

Let us know if it works out.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 whsbuss

whsbuss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33385
  • Handicap:9.6

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

The Golf Buddy has 1,302 courses listed for Canada. Not too shabby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors