Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How to Flatten Your Swing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scottyboy1220

Scottyboy1220

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56840
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

I really would like to flatten out my swing? Can anyone provide any good drills or something that would help me. I prefer a draw and after getting my new driver I am hitting a slight fade. I have become a lot more upright with it as well. Any drills that would help me get my swing on a flatter plane would be appreciated. Thanks

Austin

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 juststeve

juststeve

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154
GolfWRX Likes : 307

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hit some balls from a side hill lie with the ball above your feet.

Steve

#3 tm22721

tm22721

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65200
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Scottyboy1220, on Apr 9 2009, 02:50 PM, said:

I really would like to flatten out my swing? Can anyone provide any good drills or something that would help me. I prefer a draw and after getting my new driver I am hitting a slight fade. I have become a lot more upright with it as well. Any drills that would help me get my swing on a flatter plane would be appreciated. Thanks

Austin
Pronate (rotate clockwise) your left forearm in the backswing. Also hinges your right wrist.

#4 zberk

zberk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35043

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

tm22721, on Apr 9 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

Pronate (rotate clockwise) your left forearm in the backswing. Also hinges your right wrist.

+1.  It also helps fold right elbow properly.  Experiment with how much rotation you need.  Also, you might try putting gloves way up under armpits to have better connected/synced swing.

#5 DukeNasty

DukeNasty

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36414
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Perform this drill that Nick is doing in the attached article (hinging the club straight up).  Feel like your arms are doing absolutely nothing in the backswing and like your right shoulder is moving directly back away from the ball...it will feel like you are pulling an arrow back in a bow.  From there, just unwind your left side through the ball.  This drill causes our left arm to rotate properly on the backswing and it shows you the proper way to use your right arm in the swing.  Great drill.

http://www.golftoday..._exercises.html

E.

#6 McSmitherson

McSmitherson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77457

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Swing from your knees.  Similar to the side hill advice, but you dont need a hill.

swing with a broom

practice swinging the club 3 feet off the ground, then just tilt your spine forward and do the same motion.

#7 Scottyboy1220

Scottyboy1220

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56840

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for all the replies. All are great ideas. My main problem is when I start off with a new driver I cant seem to take it back inside which in my swing helps me get flatter. So i have been recently hitting a slight fade. Very bothersome. But thanks for all the help. I played yesterday and worked a little on it and its definitely starting to come around. Swinging off the ground a few feet definitely helps. Too bad I can't figure out how O'hair works his swing out. From the analysis it looks as if he takes it upright almost and then drops it inside. Its explosive from there. He is a deep driver and hits it fairly straight. Oh well. Im content with my swing as is

#8 zberk

zberk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35043

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

Nothing wrong with a slight fade, esp a consistent one!

#9 rblmp32

rblmp32

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21316
  • Ebay ID:bdawg40
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

Get a bungie cord (about 32" or so works well) and put it around your arms.  Hit balls and work on staying inside the ball.  The cord will keep you connected and force you to stay flat.  It's similar to using a glove under your arm when hitting balls, but forces you to swing the way you want to.  Works wonders for me.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors