Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

uPro Technical Support

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rkruff

rkruff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3163
  • Ebay ID:rkruff
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

I purchased a uPro from Discount Dans last week and it arrived on Monday.  I went to set it up and had an issue with it being able to sync.  I called their Customer Service number, pressed 2 for Tech Support, waited about 30 seconds and someone answered.  This guy worked with me for 2 hours trying to resolve my issue...never a whimper.  At about 6:00 PM I said I was through for the night and asked that we resume it in the morning.  He said no problem, asked me when I would like a call, I said 8:00 AM and we said good-bye.  At 7:58 this morning  another tech called and asked me if I was ready.  He had already reviewed the log files and suspected that my USB port was the culprit.  He suggested I move the cable to one of the ports on the back of the computer as he had seen issues with my particular PC when trying to use one of the front ports.   He also said that if they could not fix it quickly, they would load up my courses on a new unit, ship it to me, and let me return the unit to them in that box.  

Long story short, that was not necessary, the port was the problem and after 20 minutes, we were done.  

Haven't used the unit yet, but I will say that it is unbelievably cool to use in Preview Mode....Amazing.  That however isn't the point.  The service that I received could not have been better.  I was blown away by their willingness to do whatever it took to solve my problem.

I am one happy customer...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Q-Ball

Q-Ball

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21245
  • Ebay ID:DMAX_Daddy
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

Callaway, who now owns UPro, has always been the best customer service folks.

#3 Ronzo

Ronzo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47638
  • Location:Deep down in Florida... where the sun shines d*mn near ever day...
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

Always good to hear excellent customer service experiences.  That's the way it should be.  I wish those stories were heard more often.  Good on you for sharing it.

#4 jsmith1

jsmith1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 980

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

At 7:58 this morning another tech called

that sentence alone is priceless

#5 Bombn

Bombn

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5004
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

I have had a couple of issues with mine as well, and every time they have gone WAY Beyond what I expected as well.  Good stuff and people for sure.

#6 Lefty4par2

Lefty4par2

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38113
  • Ebay ID:huntnman

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

Glad to hear tech support was good... I hear so many (as our demo units) the flyover is worthless outside... can't hardly see it!  also noticed that the flyovers here in Colorado are years old shots from like Google maps or something...

Lovin my skycaddie

#7 1t2golf

1t2golf

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 1,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6243

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostQ-Ball, on Apr 8 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

uPro customer service was always this good, even before Callaway purchased them.
Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

#8 birdiegirl11

birdiegirl11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23809
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

View Post1t2golf, on Apr 11 2009, 08:29 AM, said:

View PostQ-Ball, on Apr 8 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

uPro customer service was always this good, even before Callaway purchased them.

+1 on that. Their techs were very helpful when I had a problem with my uPro in November. They were able to help with both Mac & PC, and they really wanted to help. That's kinda rare these days!

Edited by birdiegirl11, 11 April 2009 - 10:45 AM.

#9 WestBay

WestBay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87653

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

What problem did you have with your Mac because I'm getting "not readable" after connecting to my Mac. It's happening on both my Mac's.

#10 gmangolf

gmangolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, they still can't fix the Mac issue.  I was on the phone with them earlier this week and despite another member here getting it working, they claim there is no fix.  It makes me mad they still claim on their website that it works with Mac.  Before upgrading to 10.5.7, you had to wait sometimes for hours for the unit to mount as a device and become usable... now it just triggers an error message.

They tell me that they are working on rebuilding something so it will work on mac... but no delivery timetable.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 sandiegonative

sandiegonative

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68753
  • Ebay ID:minhsdsu
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

View Postgmangolf, on Jul 7 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Yeah, they still can't fix the Mac issue.  I was on the phone with them earlier this week and despite another member here getting it working, they claim there is no fix.  It makes me mad they still claim on their website that it works with Mac.  Before upgrading to 10.5.7, you had to wait sometimes for hours for the unit to mount as a device and become usable... now it just triggers an error message.

They tell me that they are working on rebuilding something so it will work on mac... but no delivery timetable.

Your statement tells all, it's a "Mac issue" and not a UPro problem.

I'm a PC and my UPro works fine.

;)  Just kidding.

#12 WestBay

WestBay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87653

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

My choices were uPro and the Garmin Approach since the SG5 isn't compatible with a Mac. The Approach is so new they don't have a lot of courses yet. So now the uPro and the SG5 aren't compatible with a Mac. They have 90 days to figure it out because I have until then to return  it. After all that research I'm backing to looking for sprinkler heads and pacing!!!

I'm surprised someone answered the phone because no one answered for me. The day I bought it I called and hung up after 30 minutes. The next day I was on hold for over 30 minutes before I dropped and sent an email. They called me a couple of hours later.

#13 birdiegirl11

birdiegirl11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23809
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Actually, we couldn't get it to work on either of my Windows machines. I did get it to work on the Mac. My tech quy said that with the Mac it may take a few minutes to get the spotlight to index the disc. I removed the battery and memory card, and plugged it back in. I ran Disk Utility and it found the drive. I just let let it sit for a few minutes, and it worked. It is still a little touchy, but I can usually get it to recognize the uPro by removing the battery and mini SD card.

I think my core issue is a touchy SD card. I get errors after copying courses.

#14 gmangolf

gmangolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

View Postsandiegonative, on Jul 7 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

View Postgmangolf, on Jul 7 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Your statement tells all, it's a "Mac issue" and not a UPro problem.

I'm a PC and my UPro works fine.

;)  Just kidding.

Well I have no interest in the Mac vs. PC debate as I own both and like both for various reasons.  The problem however IS a uPro problem.  According to them something was written incorrectly and has to be re-coded from scratch.  They found the error after an update in mac software.  I have no clue what it is and I'm a non-technical person, but this is what the tech support guy said.

#15 chrt396

chrt396

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102852

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I had a similar problem with my Upro on a Mac.  I read a post on this forum telling me what to do and I reformatted my sd card.  WRONG thing to do.  When I checked on the link to restore the Upro, the link was dead!!  OH NO!!!  I called Callaway the next morning and was on hold for 18 minutes.  The recorder tells you that there may be a wait time of 15 minutes or more.  Frank picked up and resolved the issue quickly.  I emailed him a couple times and received an immediate response.  Service is very good with Callaway.  The main thing I need to say is that you must hook the Upro directly up to the computer and NOT a hub.  The hub's power is not sufficient to trigger the Mac into recognizing the Upro.  Once I hooked it up directly..it worked seamlessly.

#16 IUbball23

IUbball23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44185
  • Handicap:0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

View Postchrt396, on 22 March 2010 - 05:56 PM, said:

I had a similar problem with my Upro on a Mac.  I read a post on this forum telling me what to do and I reformatted my sd card.  WRONG thing to do.  When I checked on the link to restore the Upro, the link was dead!!  OH NO!!!  I called Callaway the next morning and was on hold for 18 minutes.  The recorder tells you that there may be a wait time of 15 minutes or more.  Frank picked up and resolved the issue quickly.  I emailed him a couple times and received an immediate response.  Service is very good with Callaway.  The main thing I need to say is that you must hook the Upro directly up to the computer and NOT a hub.  The hub's power is not sufficient to trigger the Mac into recognizing the Upro.  Once I hooked it up directly..it worked seamlessly.

OK... I am in the SAME exact boat you were in. I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac and cannot for the life of me get my uPro to sync with EITHER of them anymore (it used to just fine...). I then did the "reformatting" of the SD card as well, and completely agree with you... BAD CHOICE. Now all I have is a uPro with absolutely 0 courses on it that will not sync with my computers! I want to throw it out of my office window now everytime I look at it, if I had the box for it somewhere I would no doubt return it as defective. I LOVED it when it worked but haven't been able to sync it for months now. If you could walk me through a step by step of how to get this thing up and running again I would really appreciate it! If not... you have the empty box your uPro came in and want to sell it to me???...
Titleist 913 D3 8.5* (Diamana Ahina 60x)
TM Mini SLDR 12* (Rombax Proto 80Bx)
TM SLDR 19* hybrid (Graph Design DI95x)
Titleist 714MB 3-PW (PX Satin 6.5)
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 (DG S400)

#17 ncsalejr

ncsalejr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97642
  • Ebay ID:nicky2sticks

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

i had an issue with mine not recognizing the SD card and they are shipping me a new one. They said to send back what you have so maybe they will accept it without a box.

#18 NGstaff

NGstaff

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38101
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

I had an issue with mine and I had to leave a message.  I was never gotten back to for 4 days.  Then I got a phone call twice.  Already had the problem resolved after tinkering a bit more.  I just wish that they would get us the update they have been promising for about a year now.

#19 DevilGolfer

DevilGolfer

Sweeney>>>>>Wozniacki

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101846
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

Yup, I had an issue when I opened mine, the seal was broken and somebody reset it. So they sent me a link to the software to update it. We updated it and it was good to go. Customer service was A++++++++.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors