Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Headcover knitting pattern

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Veritas

Veritas

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24525
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I have had a number of people ask my wife to make headcovers for them or for the knitting pattern she used.  Unfortunately my wife doesn't have time to knit more headcovers for people but here is the informal pattern she gave me on how she made the headcovers.   If you would like to see what they came out like then you can check my witb post linked in my signature.  Enjoy and save some money!

Here's an informal pattern:

Size 4 double pointed needles with worsted weight yarn.  For headcovers with a little bit more elasticity, use wool.  If wool is used, they cannot be washed or else they will shrink.  I used acrylic because it is machine washable.  It does not hold it's shape quite as well.

For an oversized driver:

1. Cast on on 48 stitches
   2. Do k2 p2 ribbing for the length of the shaft that you want to be covered.  This will probably be around 10 inches.  I checked the length against the club and the bag that my husband uses.
   3. When you have reached the desired length for the shaft cover, switch to all knitting, continue with the same number of stitches.
   4. Continue until you are past the fattest part of the head
   5. Decrese quickly until you are down to about 8 stitches or less.
   6. Fasten off leaving yarn end to draw through all stitches and fasten securely.

Add stripes and/or tassle as desired.

For a smaller club, consider casting on 40 or 44 stitches.

Note: I noticed the first time I put it on that it developed a bump in it where the 5000 is the longest but as you take this on and off over a couple of rounds this will even out and you will not notice it anymore.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tdub526

tdub526

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44490
  • Ebay ID:tdub526
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Thank you for the info.