Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dominant Eye Offset

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eleventeen

Eleventeen

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41906
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

I was having this conversation with a playing partner of mine and I would like to ask you guys your opinion.  

If you are left eye dominant, and need a neutral putter with no offset, yet use a putter with a full shaft of offset, are you going to pull or push your putts?

I say pull, he said push...

opinions?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 KMeloney

KMeloney

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

I THINK that I've read that the tendency is for putter in your scenario to be aimed left, resulting in a pull.  That's what I think I've read.

#3 is76550

is76550

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67313
  • Ebay ID:isaac76550
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

Yes if you are putting right handed and you are left eye dominate then you need a putter with no offset. There is a test on Goode putters website that will confirm what you need.
Tour issue Supertri 9.5* w/PX Black
Black R11 Ti 15* w/ PX Black
Rescue TP 19* w/ PX Black
AP2 712 4-GW w/ Project X 6.0
Vokey Spin Milled 56,60 w/ Project X 6.0
Custom Machine Damascus Center Shaft
WITB Link

#4 djl0657

djl0657

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70969
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

I started a similar post on this topic a little over a week ago and it started a very good and relevant discussion.  Check further down for that post and subsequent discussion.  As a result, I broke out my MALTBY RM-704 flanged blade putter with NO offset (centershafted).  I have always putted well with this putter and so far no regrets.  I wish I hadn't made this change right when all of the courses are aerifying the greens.  Oh well.

#5 BELA

BELA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22628
  • Ebay ID:BELABARU

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Ok,

Just to mess around a little bit...

What if you are left eye dominant, lefty guy who PLAYS right handed???

Does it matter? (cause I am that type of player)

#6 Eleventeen

Eleventeen

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

View Postdjl0657, on Mar 31 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

I started a similar post on this topic a little over a week ago and it started a very good and relevant discussion.  Check further down for that post and subsequent discussion.  As a result, I broke out my MALTBY RM-704 flanged blade putter with NO offset (centershafted).  I have always putted well with this putter and so far no regrets.  I wish I hadn't made this change right when all of the courses are aerifying the greens.  Oh well.

funny how that works.

I noticed the other thread shortly after I made this one.  I searched for dominant eye but didn't see it.  that thread is interesting.

#7 Raven Logics

Raven Logics

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61941
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

I saw the other post on this as well. IMHO I don't think you have given enough information to know what offset is needed for the correct aim. If everything is aligned correctly and you return the club to the starting point with a good stroke then surely the ball will go straight? I am left eye dominant but I tend to push the ball when I have no offset. I think this has a lot to do with how you set up and what you suits you personally.

#8 pu_golf88

pu_golf88

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48963
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

+1

and mostly because i'm RH but left eye dominant and don't want to have to buy another putter after playing with a NP2 style putter for the past 8 years lol. Although my putting has always been the weak point of my game...

#9 Eleventeen

Eleventeen

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

for myself I am left eye dominant, use a full shaft offset putter.  works fine for me.  I have my SeeMore in the car right now and see if I putt better than my NP2, but I don't think it will improve.  I have noticed that I tend to set my ball about 1/2 to a full ball up in my stance, from center.

I shoot with my right eye (tested it and definitely am a better shot shooting right handed)
I'm right handed
my vision is better in my left eye
I am left eye dominant

#10 hbear

hbear

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

There are no hard and fast rules...those that say there is in regards to offset are not going deep enough and are over simplifying.  
The bottom line is that eye dominance is just one componant on the what your eyes "see" to what your brain interprets you eyes to see linkage.

For myself I am Right eye dominant, and play left handed.
When fit, my aim, alignment and putting ability is significantly improved with an offset putter vs non-offset putter.  If I were to go on the hard and fast rule, I would be better with a non-offset and that simply is not true.....
That being said, I can adjust an putt well with a non-offset putter, but my performance is improved with an offset putter.

Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Eleventeen

Eleventeen

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

View PostKlew, on Apr 1 2009, 10:09 AM, said:

for myself I am left eye dominant, use a full shaft offset putter.  works fine for me.  I have my SeeMore in the car right now and see if I putt better than my NP2, but I don't think it will improve.

ok, played today with the SeeMore and my putting was atrocious.  

my misses were all pushes...big ones.

the offset rule, in my case, does not apply.  I definitely putt better with the NP2 than the SeeMore.  my playing partner even asked why I was using the SeeMore again.  I told him I was conducting a little experiment.

#12 NinerTX

NinerTX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61586
  • Ebay ID:NinerTX
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Really don't think there are any hard and fast rules.  I am LED but right handed.  I LOVE my old Anser and roll the rock pretty good.  Utley style for sure.  Little open stance.  I see the line well and can get it rolling on that line most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors