Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Problems with Bushnell Pinseeker 1500?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ghromas

ghromas

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72523
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

I have been using a Pinseeker 1500 for the past 2+ years and it has been great!  Lately though, it has struggled to pick up and give a reading on any pins that don't have some reflective piece on them.  I tried replacing the battery, and it still struggles by not returning any ranges- not even inaccurate ones!

Though I've kept it in the case whenever I travel with it, I'm afraid too much jostling by the TSA in my travel bag may have broken it?

No idea, just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems with old Pinseekers before I pony up for a new one.

Thanks!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 SpinMill75

SpinMill75

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66455
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

I would contact Bushnell and see whats up?  The models I've seen look pretty stout and should be able to withstand some overzealous TSA agent.
Keep us posted.

#3 Bluefan75

Bluefan75

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56847
GolfWRX Likes : 281

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

A couple of things....unless there has been a lot more than we don't know, the unit should still be find.  How long ago did you purchase it?

Over-zealous TSA?  You aren't checking it are you?  Mine was in my carry bag and they didn't even touch it. I hope you aren't checking it.  Forget about damage, you may not see the unit again.

#4 ghromas

ghromas

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

i think i got it in Aug2006.  i do check the rangefinder.  it's in my golf bag, inside a burst proof travel bag.  the TSA always opens my bag and leaves me a little note to let me know that they've fondled my clubs- didn't think they open the pockets??!!  might have to carry my ball markers with my wallet!

#5 rapriebe

rapriebe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47199
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

View Postghromas, on Jan 26 2009, 03:09 PM, said:

i think i got it in Aug2006.  i do check the rangefinder.  it's in my golf bag, inside a burst proof travel bag.  the TSA always opens my bag and leaves me a little note to let me know that they've fondled my clubs- didn't think they open the pockets??!!  might have to carry my ball markers with my wallet!

I wouldn't check my rangefinder any more than I'd check my camera.  It doesn't take that much of a knock to throw the optics out alignment.  It isn't the TSA that I'd be worried about, its the ordinary baggage handlers whose mission is to destroy. :diablo:

#6 theothertwo

theothertwo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

That happened to mine, I just sent it back to Bushnell and they'll fix it (out of alignment).  Go to their website.

#7 Boba

Boba

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15566
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

I had 3 1500's fail within a year, I exchanged it for a callaway nikon & it's still going strong after 2 years.

#8 wetdogg

wetdogg

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18766
  • Ebay ID:j17wet
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

mate, i had exactly the same problem(same rangefinder too). when i first purchased it, it was awesome. you could pick out a pin from anywhere. after a year or so it could barely pick up pins from 100 yrds. So i just sold it on ebay and go a pinseeker medalist which is now doing me proud.

#9 swgolfer

swgolfer

GoLow2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45136

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

Your laser alignment is off, it happens to any brand of laser if they take enough pounding. There is a reason 95% of Tour players and caddies use the 1500, it is the standard. Send it to Bushnell repairs 8500 marshall dr. lenaxa ks. 66214 and they will repair it correctly and only charge you for $10.00 shipping. Try doing that with Callaway, oops i mean Nikon who is not in the Golf business....

#10 307golf

307golf

Powder River, Let'er Buck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20944
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

swgolfer is exactly right.  Your situation sounded like my post on here several months ago.  Exact same problem.  Cost me $10.00 for shipping and they clean, align, test the whole thing.  It works GREAT now.

Look @ their website for contact info and addresses.  Less than a month turn around.

Good luck.

307golf

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 burner68

burner68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84148

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

Thanks to this forum, I discovered the laser alignment issues with the Pinseeker.  It was still under warranty so I followed the instructions on their website to have my rangefinder evaluated.  While I'm happy to report they sent me the newest model as a replacement, Bushnell had the device for 30 days before beginning their evaluation.  So they made it right, which is great.  But it took too long, in my opinion.

#12 Smooth spin scott

Smooth spin scott

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8822
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

That's great customer service...same thing happened to mine, but unfortunately they only replaced mine with a new 1500 not the 1600.. Oh well, considering I bought 3 years ago I was cool with that.

#13 dablph

dablph

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76390
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

The only problem I've had with mine so far is parts of the numbers fading.  Is this an issue they will fix?

Oh, and that clasp that holds the battery in...I've lost 2 of them.

#14 ghromas

ghromas

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

View PostSmooth spin scott, on Jun 10 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

That's great customer service...same thing happened to mine, but unfortunately they only replaced mine with a new 1500 not the 1600.. Oh well, considering I bought 3 years ago I was cool with that.
Wait, they still did it even though it was after the warranty period expired?  I just bought another one.

#15 ShortButCrooked

ShortButCrooked

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82395
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

View Postghromas, on Jun 10 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

View PostSmooth spin scott, on Jun 10 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

Wait, they still did it even though it was after the warranty period expired?  I just bought another one.

That would be awesome. When I called them with the same problem, they asked me to send it to them along with the original receipt. If it was under warranty, they would fix it or replace it free of charge. If it was past the warranty period, they would look at it and let me know what it would cost. Of course, I can't find the warranty, but my recollection is I bought this more than 2 years ago. I'm going to send it in without the receipt and take my chances. With all these reports of great customer service, I can see them re-aligning the laser for me free of charge.

#16 Smooth spin scott

Smooth spin scott

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8822
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

Yes walked it in to Bushnell here in Toronto, the guy took it to the back, tested it and came back with a new one.  I did tell a fib stating that I had only had it for 2 years...he didn't question me or even ask for a receipt.

Edited by Smooth spin scott, 11 June 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#17 dablph

dablph

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76390

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

View Postdablph, on Jun 10 2009, 06:45 PM, said:

The only problem I've had with mine so far is parts of the numbers fading. Is this an issue they will fix?

Oh, and that clasp that holds the battery in...I've lost 2 of them.

bump

#18 hoganapex

hoganapex

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9465
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

Just wanted to update my experience.

My 1500 had failed to pick up targets outside of 100 yards 6 months ago.
I had it repaired, 4 months later it is doing the same thing.

It sucks.  I prefer the exact yardage over a gps, but it sucks to have this thing  fail every 6 months.

Not sure what I will do next.      I feel certain it will fail again after they "fix" it, but what do you do?   I surely don't want to sell it to someone evern after repair knowing it is a lemon.....

very disappointed with my 1500 purchase.

#19 winnddyy

winnddyy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82386

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

For those that consider sending your broken Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 to Bushnell to repair...
I sent my 1500 Pinseeker unit to Bushnell 6 weeks ago for repair as mine only gave me any distances up to 60 yards. Received update from Bushnell yesterday (online) that it will cost me $285.00 to repair. I called them this morning trying to get an explanation and was told that it will cost that much to repair the old 1500 Pinseeker unit OR they will send me an upgrade NEW 1600 Pinseeker unit for the same amount of $285.00 (they will keep my old 1500 unit, however.)
Needless to say, I was not happy with Bushnell's "repair approach". I will not buy another Bushnell product ever.
Does anyone else have this problem with Bushnell or just me???  I bought it over a yr ago and offcourse, I did not keep the receipt.

#20 muxi87

muxi87

muxi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

View Postwinnddyy, on Jun 23 2009, 10:26 AM, said:

For those that consider sending your broken Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 to Bushnell to repair...
I sent my 1500 Pinseeker unit to Bushnell 6 weeks ago for repair as mine only gave me any distances up to 60 yards. Received update from Bushnell yesterday (online) that it will cost me $285.00 to repair. I called them this morning trying to get an explanation and was told that it will cost that much to repair the old 1500 Pinseeker unit OR they will send me an upgrade NEW 1600 Pinseeker unit for the same amount of $285.00 (they will keep my old 1500 unit, however.)
Needless to say, I was not happy with Bushnell's "repair approach". I will not buy another Bushnell product ever.
Does anyone else have this problem with Bushnell or just me???  I bought it over a yr ago and offcourse, I did not keep the receipt.
Bushnell's customer service has tried "bending me over" also...they said mine was beyond repair but they would replace for $325.  I told them I had only had it a year and a half, but they could care less.  Finally, I talked to someone in charge, and he offered to replace my 1500TE, but only if I could provide the receipt from the original purchase.  I bought the thing in October of 2007 (I only know this exactly because it was during the Tour Championship when I had some buddies in town for the tourney), so of course, I can't find the receipt.

Absolutely the $hittiest customer service I've ever encountered in the golf industry.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 penguined

penguined

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98890
  • Ebay ID:penguinedward

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

I purchased my pinseeker 1500 4 years ago, I sent it back for warranty work 2 years ago (would not pick up anything past 60 yds). Sent it with $10.00, they fixed it and all was O.K. for the next year and a half. Then it started to act up again, I sent it back for warranty repair again only this time, after holding it for nearly two months, they tell me that because it is a discontinued, out of warranty unit, that they will fix it for $110 and give me a 90 day warranty or replace it with a new "pro 1600" unit for $215.00. Looks like the Pro 1600 sells for about $400.00, so they are selling me a new one for 1/2 price. I am very disapointed that a company with world wide recognition won't stand behind their equipment any better than this. I'm not sure I'm going to go for the deal, too much aggrivation to deal with this every 2 years, plus they hold the damn things for 2 months before they do anything. I've become addicted to the thing, I love the range finder but the new GPS's have gotten so good that I might just scrap it and be done with Bushnell, their falt not mine..penguined..

#22 The General

The General

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

4 year bump

just sent my 1500 back. Said it would be $155 to repair (out of alignment). Or they could give me a discount on some of newer models.

buy new or repair old?

#23 avgjoe

avgjoe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87610
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostThe General, on 09 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

4 year bump

just sent my 1500 back. Said it would be $155 to repair (out of alignment). Or they could give me a discount on some of newer models.

buy new or repair old?

depends on how much the discount is...

#24 The General

The General

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

was told 30-40%, depending on what model. The Z6 would be $302, ProM1 $358, V3 $235

#25 Body_Visions

Body_Visions

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25501
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I got a much better

View PostThe General, on 09 May 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

was told 30-40%, depending on what model. The Z6 would be $302, ProM1 $358, V3 $235

I got a much better deal from them and I got the Pro M1 Slope.

#26 lin1alc

lin1alc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36263

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

Did you read the thread about opening up a Bushnell.  You may be able yo do the repair yourself.  Or there are ppl willing to buy broken ones to try to fix (including me - though I've never done it before )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors