Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 20 votes

A different concept for a golf swing/Martin Ayers (merged)

2758 replies to this topic

#2641 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88797
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Have not been on here in alongtime..

Diz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-vbfax

#2642 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Pretty amazing swing transformation that took place since 09... This guy can really teach....amazing how I only saw him twice live and it was in 09...

Diz

Edited by Diz, 12 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#2643 mattwood

mattwood

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39219
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Diz, that is great work!  Your swing is very dynamic.  Can you elaborate on specific things you worked on to move from where you were in 09 to where you are now?  Thanks.

#2644 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postmattwood, on 25 November 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Diz, that is great work!  Your swing is very dynamic.  Can you elaborate on specific things you worked on to move from where you were in 09 to where you are now?  Thanks.

Thxs Matt..

The reason my swing looks the way it did in 09 is I did not load againt the swing within a crossed up structure ...

Diz

Edited by Diz, 25 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#2645 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

If you want change ur move u have to load against the swing within a crossed up structure and know the ball is to the right of you .. Anyone can do this and better u can load against the swing while staying within the structure the shorter and more dynamic the move gets.. That 7 iron in 09 was a struggle to hit 170 now its a breeze to hit 190 from smaller move...

Diz

Edited by Diz, 25 November 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#2646 mattwood

mattwood

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Diz, after reading Martin's posts and looking at some of his videos, I have an idea what you are referencing.   Can you elaborate on the "crossed up structure" idea?  It sounds as though you are not "turning" back, but more that you are loading against a brace right side.  Is the ball being to your right meaning your body is always moving to the left?  Thanks.

#2647 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Matt,  I like to internally rotate the entire right leg inbehind the left leg ,also like to use the medial bones of my right foot and wind them CCW in the ground... I never give this feel up the whole way.. The left leg is internally wound too but not as much pressure is applied as the right...  My armset is crossed up in feel and my scapula is released...As u can tell Im standing pretty close to my natural height then my 09 swing...Martin likes to say the distal parts are crossed up in feel....  The only way I can move within this structure is by the energy of the club ... I like to get dragged back,return to where I started ahead of it in rotation  and then get pulled out of the ground...

Diz

#2648 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

The feel I start at address with on the handle I never give it up too...

Diz

#2649 mattwood

mattwood

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Diz, thanks for the replies.  One more question.  What do you mean by your scapula is released?  At address, in the backswing, going through the ball?  Thanks.

#2650 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postmattwood, on 02 December 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Diz, thanks for the replies.  One more question.  What do you mean by your scapula is released?  At address, in the backswing, going through the ball?  Thanks.

I like releasing my scapula because it provides me with a little bit more room for my armset ..

diz

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2651 Vince.Cole

Vince.Cole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108848
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

really love all of martins videos.

I signed up for the newsletter trying to get the 80min video but I never got the video and its been 1day, anybody know whats going on? really eager to watch it. Thanks

#2652 Vince.Cole

Vince.Cole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108848
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postrianco, on 03 December 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

really love all of martins videos.

I signed up for the newsletter trying to get the 80min video but I never got the video and its been 1day, anybody know whats going on? really eager to watch it. Thanks

nevermind, got the video right now!

#2653 JackieTreehorn

JackieTreehorn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66254
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I definitely feel more effortless power with MPMIG. However, my trajectory is very high. Probably too high. Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas for me?

I'm really focussing on keeping my R palm facing my body the whole time, even in downswing....as if my R wrist does not bend back (to a slam the door position) until very late in downswing...not sure if this is what he intends.

#2654 Chuck328is

Chuck328is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218757

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have a real issue with slicing. I have messed Round with my position compared to the ball and have found that one of my issues is when I release my wrists or get them back straight when I hit the ball. I do it to late so I end up hitting the ball with an open face and slice. I also have an issue with distance since I am way over thinking my whole stance and when to release and I ended getting nowhere when I do get a good contact.
I have been practicing this technique in my living room since last night and it is feeling more and more natural and frankly after reading posts many times over and over and re watching videos it all makes sense and I can not air to get to the driving range to work on this. I woke up early after getting almost no sleep due to reading this thread to only find out the range is closed today. I have been so excited to get going on this and start shaving shots and gaining straight yardage.
I have been looking all through the net looking for any training tools I think might help with my grip and my slice but it sounds like rom reading how well it has worked for so many that this is exactly what I need to work on. Huge thanks for starting this thread Martin.

#2655 EmptyWallet

EmptyWallet

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101662
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Chuck I have the same issues you do. Let me know how your range session goes.

#2656 Chuck328is

Chuck328is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Best day at the range ever. It didnt start out great but the end result was amazing. I made sure I started out with the arrow pulling concept and made sure I lined up with the ball right and when I hit my back swing on target the follow through or the down swing just fell into place. I didn't have a single slice or fade all day. I didn't worry about when my wrists were straight at the ball like I said they were there on there own when I did the right backswing. It all fell into place. So excited that I didn't have a single slice or fade.
All I did was take out my 7 iron and practice wit that. Every time I left my full attention to my backswing it just all fell into place. So sorry for repeating myself but you have no idea how excited I am. This is the best forum and thread I ever fell upon. Now I can't wait to do this tomorrow with my driver. That is hands down my worst slicer not i should be able to get it strait after a few balls. It will take more time to be consistent but already feel the difference after one session. I am going to go again tomorrow and hit the course this weekend with this new swing.
It isn't much further off than how I was trying to do it but after Martin broke it down from beginning to end I was able to piece hat together and have it all fall into place.
Thanks a ton to Martin for this. I read also there was a DVD I could buy. After today I am more than a believer. I practiced for three days at home with a club that had no head and just kept on doing the backswing with the shoulder position and coiling up. I was able to coil up much farther and get the ball farther than I could last week and it wasn't a lot of effort either. Here comes the driver.

#2657 Chuck328is

Chuck328is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostEmptyWallet, on 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Chuck I have the same issues you do. Let me know how your range session goes.
It was so awesome Mr. Empty Wallet. Give it a try it is amazing how my slice disappeared with doing this.

#2658 Chuck328is

Chuck328is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

A few more days this last week at the range working with this concept has been huge for me. I was able to get rid of my slice with this and bought myself a Callaway 4 hybrid which I am hitting amazing. Today is the day to take it all out on the course. I am feeling better than ever about going out. Cannot wait. Even though I seem to be the only one on this thread anymore I will still report my days golf with my bow and arrow backswing. I have been non stop running the backswing and all my positions in my head and now it is just flowing all together with much less effort. Report to come.

#2659 Chuck328is

Chuck328is

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I am hoping Martin pops in here so he can see my progress and to hear my Thanks to him for sharing this with myself and others.
THANK YOU MARTIN

#2660 parmark

parmark

Parmark

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12285
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Keep it up, sharing your enthusiasm.  Winter here in Midwest, I'm using this swing, at least in my garage/net time.  Love to hear how your game improves. I posted last summer when I began using this, had your same excitement. Keep it up.  It is a bit too bad Martin doesn't jump in too much anymore, you might want to check out a site he hangs out in - SecretInTheDirt.com.  Good luck, keep us posted.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#2661 Diz

Diz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

well heres an upgrade for 2013

#2662 Redpro

Redpro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostDiz, on 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

well heres an upgrade for 2013

Nice.

That's a compact, twirled-up, counterbalanced, free-swinging, sit down at impact swing you got there Diz !

Chris A. [sedona1014 over at Martin's site].

#2663 Jayman101

Jayman101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44574

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have been looking through all the videos and many posts on this thread and there's a lot of info. here, much of which I took to the range yesterday and applied with surprising success.  But, I have to be honest, Martin's way of explaining stuff is so abstract and conceptual that it's a bit hard to absorb.  This is OK for golf nerds, of whom I am one, but for the masses, this stuff goes right over their heads.  If Martin could every break this down into bite-size, non abstract instruction, I believe his web presence and following would go through the roof.  But, there's nothing I can do about that - it's just an observation from someone who has had to market their own business (nothing to do with golf) and if there's one thing I've learned, if you don't make it crystal clear and easy for the customer, they won't take the time to get it... or buy it.  I believe it would be different 15 years ago, but in this internet age, everybody wants everything spelled out for them in easy to understand terms.  

Sorry for the OT digression....  In any case, I love what I've learned so far after hours of watching/rewatching, reading/rereading to try and grasp this, and I'm going to keep studying his methods.  I haven't yet purchased either the "most powerful move" video or become a member on Martin's site.  From the feed on the right of his website, it looks like activity hasn't been kept up there but I could be wrong.  So, my main question is:  Is it best to just purchase the "Most powerful move" video?  Or, should I become a member on his site?  Of those who have gone deep into these methods, what's the best way to fully wrap my head around this swing?  

Does Martin ever do lessons/clinics in the US?  I'd kill for a one on one with him.  

And one last thing, I'm not bashing on Martin at all.  He's obviously a genius and a VERY deep thinker.  I'm blown away by the measure of thought he's put into all this stuff.  And perhaps there's no better way to communicate it than what he's done here just because it's difficult to convey physical feelings with any kind of video explanation.  I'm just saying if he ever was able to make this more palatable for the average joe golfer, conveying these concepts more concisely, I think he'd be one of the most revered swing experts out there.  And.... I wouldn't have to spend so much time deciphering his methods!

#2664 jeffb161

jeffb161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59897

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

<p>Jayman, I have been working with Martin on his site for around 6 months. Maybe I&#39;m slow, but it takes time to absorb what Martin is teaching. Its a process that I am enjoying and the results prove it. I too was taken aback by the terminology at first. Now most of it seems second nature.

Martin does do clinics in the US a few times a year and they are posted on his member site. He also does video lessons.

<object width=&quot;640&quot; height=&quot;480&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/hxBSniUNGS4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/hxBSniUNGS4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;640&quot; height=&quot;480&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;></embed></object></p>

Edited by jeffb161, 31 January 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#2665 Jayman101

Jayman101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanks much for the reply Jeff.  I also received a very helpful PM from someone suggesting that the member site is the way to go.  I am going to sign up for at least a month and see if I'm smart enough to get this stuff.  Looking forward to figuring all this out!

#2666 whatsecret

whatsecret

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125536
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostJayman101, on 29 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I have been looking through all the videos and many posts on this thread and there's a lot of info. here, much of which I took to the range yesterday and applied with surprising success.  But, I have to be honest, Martin's way of explaining stuff is so abstract and conceptual that it's a bit hard to absorb.  This is OK for golf nerds, of whom I am one, but for the masses, this stuff goes right over their heads.  If Martin could every break this down into bite-size, non abstract instruction, I believe his web presence and following would go through the roof.  But, there's nothing I can do about that - it's just an observation from someone who has had to market their own business (nothing to do with golf) and if there's one thing I've learned, if you don't make it crystal clear and easy for the customer, they won't take the time to get it... or buy it.  I believe it would be different 15 years ago, but in this internet age, everybody wants everything spelled out for them in easy to understand terms.  

Sorry for the OT digression....  In any case, I love what I've learned so far after hours of watching/rewatching, reading/rereading to try and grasp this, and I'm going to keep studying his methods.  I haven't yet purchased either the "most powerful move" video or become a member on Martin's site.  From the feed on the right of his website, it looks like activity hasn't been kept up there but I could be wrong.  So, my main question is:  Is it best to just purchase the "Most powerful move" video?  Or, should I become a member on his site?  Of those who have gone deep into these methods, what's the best way to fully wrap my head around this swing?  

Does Martin ever do lessons/clinics in the US?  I'd kill for a one on one with him.  

And one last thing, I'm not bashing on Martin at all.  He's obviously a genius and a VERY deep thinker.  I'm blown away by the measure of thought he's put into all this stuff.  And perhaps there's no better way to communicate it than what he's done here just because it's difficult to convey physical feelings with any kind of video explanation.  I'm just saying if he ever was able to make this more palatable for the average joe golfer, conveying these concepts more concisely, I think he'd be one of the most revered swing experts out there.  And.... I wouldn't have to spend so much time deciphering his methods!

That really annoys me too because his swing is so awesome; compact and powerful. I wish he would try and explain things more simply for his own sake, because he comes across as a really genuine nice guy. I remember my mate showing me the 'most powerful move' and I couldn't take it seriously.The worst thing about it is that it's clear to SEE he doesn't do the move he's trying to sell, but you can't SEE it because it's a FEEL thing. It's like trying to believe in God.You gotta have faith lol He originally came across as a scam artist to me rather than the deep thinking, renowned teacher that he actually is. I mean that twirly thing he does to get to the top.... it makes me feel that the club is pointed in completely the wrong direction and that the face is 180 degrees open to the path....

I am not a believer. Saying that I'd pay a lot of money for  watered down lesson from him.

#2667 Jayman101

Jayman101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postwhatsecret, on 31 January 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostJayman101, on 29 January 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

That really annoys me too because his swing is so awesome; compact and powerful. I wish he would try and explain things more simply for his own sake, because he comes across as a really genuine nice guy. I remember my mate showing me the 'most powerful move' and I couldn't take it seriously.The worst thing about it is that it's clear to SEE he doesn't do the move he's trying to sell, but you can't SEE it because it's a FEEL thing. It's like trying to believe in God.You gotta have faith lol He originally came across as a scam artist to me rather than the deep thinking, renowned teacher that he actually is. I mean that twirly thing he does to get to the top.... it makes me feel that the club is pointed in completely the wrong direction and that the face is 180 degrees open to the path....

I am not a believer. Saying that I'd pay a lot of money for  watered down lesson from him.

I like the believing in God analogy :)  I'd still pay a good bit of money for a lesson with him though.  I think he could fairly easily help someone get the body "feeling it" correctly were he there in person to help them along.

#2668 Hit-em

Hit-em

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43021
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I like to give Martin's technique a try ... I've looked at a number of videos which are somewhat helpful if I could remember it all when I tried to put them into practice.

I noted a number of people saying that they bought the video ...Can you someone tell me where I can buy Martin's video ??

Thx

#2669 clamp

clamp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118148
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Martinez,

First off...thanks a million times over. I checked in on this forum last week and the bow and arrow analogy instantly made sense. I went out to the range and immediately started hitting bullets with a tight draw...with every club. I always knew I was a one plane swinger and pursued Hardy but his lawn mower analogy just wasn't clicking. Now everything is synced up. I don't even think about the downswing, I just turn everything back into the ball.

Folks, his ideas are the real deal. Like he's said before he's not reinventing the wheel but sometimes fresh visual descriptions make all the difference as they have with me.

Craig

#2670 Hogan1975

Hogan1975

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199106
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Sorry guys,  I just don't believe in this method..too difficult for me..but others get it to work..  More for the scratch golfer...

Edited by BTRA, 22 February 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Ping Eye 2 irons brown dot
E3 weight + sand weighted
Diablo Octane 6 degrees flat E wght
Anser Long putter : e weighted
Taylor Made Burner 3 wood (1991)
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors