Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Alhambra or Pasadena Instructors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wkndhacker

wkndhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63702
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Can anyone recommend an instructor over at Alhambra or at one of the Pasadena courses (Eaton, Altadena, preferably not at Brookside)?

I've heard some not so good stories about a couple instructors in the area, but no positive recommendations. Give a shout out if you know of one. I've heard some good things about an instructor at Angeles National, but trying to find someone closer.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 mygolfbuddy

mygolfbuddy

MyGolfBuddy.com... still around!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8115
  • Ebay ID:mygolfbuddy1

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

What is your current playing ability? There is an instructor at Altadena named Kevin Erdman, that is pretty good, I once took a lesson from him. He coaches his wife, a Futures Tour player who was once on the Big Break.

#3 wkndhacker

wkndhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63702

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I will give him a call. What type of playing ability is his instruction best suited for? I used to keep a 12.3 index, but have not played for more than 3 years.

#4 emperor91108

emperor91108

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100630

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I would not rule out everyone at Brookside.  They have several instructors that are all very different.  They also have a great practice facility.

#5 mygolfbuddy

mygolfbuddy

MyGolfBuddy.com... still around!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8115
  • Ebay ID:mygolfbuddy1

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Ironically, and rather unusual is the fact that both Kevin Erdman and his wife - both mentioned above appeared in the Golf Channel show - The Big Break , since this thread started. http://www.southland..._Break1209.aspx

#6 dc211

dc211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176086

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Jeff Sanday at Arroyo Seco is probably the best in town.  Not only a good instructor but also a great player who won Long Beach open and was on Nationwide tour for a few years (buy.com back then).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors