Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

WITB with MoaningM Betti Tour bag putters and Hickory time.!

Bettinardi Byron Morgan Tad Moore Ping Gnead Titleist Workshop T.P. Mills golf digest witb

252 replies to this topic

#1 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46532
  • Handicap:Scr
GolfWRX Likes : 501

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

Had a few issues with the coating on my 60 degree wedge from Bettinardi, spoke with the guys and girls there and they were fantastic, sorted it out even with me living on the other side of the Atlantic and this arrived the other day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also a nice little early Christmas present
Bettinardi Innovai 3.0 counterbalance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Glued in the weight into the top of my scotty, sanded down the plastic plug and regripped, ready for tomorrows outing. Ready to rock and roll. Once again thanks to Howard Jones on his putter weighting article he wrote!

Posted Image

Had a few problems with the bronze finish peeling on the face of my Bettinardi 60 degree wedge, so having to send that back off. So have been on the lookout for a new 60 degree, popped down the club today and our pro had all the rotex 2.0 and 3 wedges, so took them for a quick test drive down the practice ground and came away this little baby.

Sits very similar to my old scratch 58 degree, which was what I was after, I have tried numerous vokeys and for some reason or other they just don't sit well on the eye with me. It has even Inspired me to get out of the cupboard my old cleveland 52 degree wedge, and am almost tempted with the 50 degree original rotex that i bought a while ago and have never used in anger.

Posted Image

Putter weight tinkering see page 7

Posted Image

Whats in the bag for 2016 Golf Digest style :)
More pics of Bettinardi's and rack, workshop on page 7

Posted Image

New Bettinardi bag with extras see page 7 for more...... :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics from my trip to Royal Liverpool Hoylake on page 7 :)

March 2016

Had this little lot recently courtesy of the county golf team I play in. Have a few other changes but will sort them out for a later date.

Posted Image

Posted Image

September 2015

All sorts to report, got lots of little titbits, lots of new hickory and Persimmon, but my main playing hasnt changed a great deal as of yet. Bought Some new Bettinardi wedges, but still find myself using the 53 degree scratch wedge. Also have put a Scotty Cameron Futura X5 putter in the bag, so far so good! So here we go:-

TP Mills David handmade
Posted Image

Posted Image

Wilson buttonback re-issue, loved the 1972 version so had to purchase these!
Posted Image

Old and new versions!
Posted Image

Also a set ive long admired Tour Edition Bird on a ball

Posted Image

Seve irons SB-02

Posted Image

Set of Bettinardi wedges, 52, 56 and 60
Posted Image

Posted Image

Always wanted a set of these when i was young, 28 odd years later i did!

Posted Image

Christmas 2014,

few new additions even if it is the time of hickory and persimmon. Will be doing a golf digest version in due course.

Ok not new but this baby is going to be getting some use this year, been putting really well with when its been in use so far. Machine copper 370grams, with an odyssey grip and a little christmas cheer!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taylormade sldr s and 3 wood.
Posted Image

Titleist 913 d3
Posted Image

Will be putting this in the sldr as i am finding it has too much spin.opefully. This shaft should be perfect.

Posted Image[/URL

Finally a much needed gap wedge to fill the 45-53 gap i currently have.
Posted Image

Posted Image

End of season october 2014 and what time is it?

YES its HICKORY time but first off the other bits.....

Quite a few changes in numerous directions and approximately 100+ years, picked up a yardage book made by carveon.com who made a certain mr mcilroys amongst others, fabulous service with my clubs logo embedded into the leather. V light but solid, cant recommend them highly enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also bought a few headcovers from seamus golf, fantastic quality

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hickory

Here is my newest latest bag o' tricks, yes am trying out the world of hickory, driver, spoon Percy Aliss, them long iron, mashie, mashie niblick, 8 iron (wedge to you or I) by Forgan, the mid irons by maxwell. Putters are a schnectady and James Braid. Put together in a new in the old style canvas bag. Ball is the wilson dx2 soft :)

Hickory lofts

10 - Percy Alliss driver
19 - Percy Alliss spoon
25 - Forgan maxwell iron
27 - Maxwell mid iron
32 - Maxwell iron H
35 - Forgan mashie
46 - Forgan mashie niblick
51 - Forgan 8 iron
54 - cleek mark niblick

Yes there a few gaps, but thats what hickory is all about, and all the fun!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

May 2014

New updated WITB May 2014

Posted Image

Golf season well and truely under way here in WALES! few new additions to the fold without further ado, here we go...

Titleist Vokey Wedge 52 Deg F Grind

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flag from the 2013 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth

Posted Image

Scorecard from a certain MR Severiano Ballesteros from the French Open.

Posted Image

New DHY 4 iron with KBS Stiff shaft!

Posted Image

New Loft and Lie machine! Happy days!

Posted Image

New Vokey Titleist Scorecard/Planner Wallet

January 2014

New Year and so far not a great deal to report, However, have just received from Ping's custom department the new PING rapure 2 Iron, Red dot, and standard half inch longer Ping Stiff TFC shaft. I had asked for a project PXi shaft but they replied they would'nt put the head into that shaft, as they had tested pretty much every shaft on the market and the TFC was the one that came out on top in most tests.

Interesting. So anyway went with it and picked up it up with interest.

From what I have seen of it so far, it is a great low spinning low iron and have tried up against my Titliest 712U 2 iron and feel pretty confident its a good 8 to 10 yards longer! Quite surprising. Shaft length maybe ?who knows, who cares I am a happy chappie!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some comparisons with the Callaway X utitliy (admitedly 3 iron)

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for now Folks......!

October 2013

Few new additions for the winter months first a new little bit of stitch love in the betti form in a driver headcover, then added to the Titleist 4 iron by adding the 2 iron and then a callaway 21 degree 3 iron utility. Also picked up the callaway X hot 13.5 degree 3 wood in a project x 6.0 PX V shaft. Not particuarly a fan of this shaft so might look about for something different here, but love the PX I shafts in the irons, big fan :fan_1: .

Finally picked up a Cleveland Beni  8802 style, had one before but moved it on had the chance to pick thi up again and couldnt resist! lovely putter

Oops one more was a couple of ballmarkers, a bettinardi enamled, a Spurs, aka Tottenham hotspur and finally a matrix marker!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A new old bit of Beni to try out

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.golfwrx.c...30#entry7936951

September 2013

Mizuno's are in play and working a treat, few new additions in the Titleist 712U 4 Iron, Ping TR Senita putter Adams Prototype 16 degreee hybrid with ADDI 85 gm shaft which will come in and replace the 2 irons now that the summer has gone :(

Finally picked up a few new putters, Machine Copper with stainless neck and TP Mills 355G both with plumbers necks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

July 2013

More changes, a fitting with Mizuno told me that I was using the wrong shafts, although good for y elbows not so good for my ball flight. Mizuno told me standard MP69's fitted with KBS Stiff shafts was the mutts nuts for me! So purchased the 2 seperately and set to work.

Posted Image

Ferrules which to choose! as it happens it was neither, I choose the double silver banded version

Posted Image

Bit of KBS love ready to Rock n Roll

Posted Image

Heads and Ferrules installed! Taking shape grips next!

Posted Image

Golf Pride's finest next!

Posted Image

Looking good!

Posted Image

Into 2013 and the purchase of much differing equipment, starting with the limited edition Ping Anser carry bag, what a great bag, also put together a combo set of irons of TaylorMade CB irons 2,4,5,6 with Scratch SB1 7-Lob wedge. Also managed to pick up amongst other things a GC2 Launch monitor which is fantastic fun. Other bits and pieces are some stitch golf headcovers to go with the bag and a real leather card holder. Enjoy.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Before I purchased the GC2 I dabbled with a few others including the Vector and the swingbyte, both good in their own right but nothing in comparison to the convienience of the GC2!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the proof that sadly (or realistically) I am not one of these 200mph ball speed merchants, but a county player since I was 15 and a reasonably decent player.....! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have been for some time setting up bags for differing era's (1950's through to the very current day) and experimenting as to how much equipment has advanced during that time by playing the differing equipment. At the current time have pretty much got together the various decades apart from the 1950's which is only partially complete. So without the hullabaloo here they are in their glory!

1960s Setup

Posted Image

1970s Setup

Posted Image

My 1980's WITB setup

Posted Image

My 1990's WITB Setup, this is the exact setup I used back in the mid 1990's (except for the wedges which had lost their lustre)

Posted Image

2000's Setup

Posted Image

WITB CURRENT Spring/Summer 2012

WITB_DM_Autumn2012-2013.jpg

WITB End of 2011/2012 Season

2012WITB2.jpg

WITB 2009 Season

WITB_DM.jpg

PUTTERS

Bettinardi BB8 RJB2376

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RJB2376

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Paul Lawrie Bettinardi BB8 Magnum
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bettinardi RJB1599

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RJB1522

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RJB2135

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://bettinardi.co...try/detail/2376Posted Image

http://bettinardi.co...try/detail/2135

Posted Image

Bettinardi BB3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Byron Morgan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

C&L

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tad Moore

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

October 2012 - Time for a little update - There have been quite a few more additions to the fold pretty much right the way through the bag, so without further delay, first up Bettinardi BB8 RJB2375 Flamed DASS with modified Fit face.

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

Next Nike Vr PRO with TOUR AD-DI6s shaft, no am not a big Tiger fan but do like this combo.

020 (3).JPG

022.JPG

Finally an Auditor Ball and Clubhead speed checker, not in the same league as a Trackman but still a bit of fun in the garden or even down the range and gives you a reasonable idea of your numbers, if not totally accurate.

019.JPG

Pictures from trip to St Andrews, Carnoustie and Royal Lytham.

PUTTER PICTURES ,

-> Bettinardi - RJB2376, RJB2366 , RJB1599, RJB1522, RJB2135, RJB2375, PAUL LAWRIE MAG44

-> Byron Morgan
   -> T.P. Mills
   -> Scotty Cameron
   -> PING
   -> Lajosi
   -> Tad Moore
   -> C and L
   -> Gene Nead
   -> Wilson DBAP and Other Blades
   -> Piretti
   -> Seemore Payne Stewart Limited

-> The Belly
   -> Serge Deschamps

Various IRON SETS

-> PING
   -> Mizuno
   -> Wilson
   -> Hogan
   -> Scratch
   -> Titleist

or see below for 2012, 2011 and 2010 bag updates :rolleyes: including
pictures of my workshop (albeit a little untidy so those with any form of OCD avoid)!

2012 sees a new set of irons take pride of place, have been lusting after these for some time now, Scratch SB1's 3-PW(3 gets dropped) with a 53 and 58 degree wedges to boot.
The Copper Eye 2 still keeps her place althought does now and then get replaced for a hybrid depending on weather etc.
Driver is a TM R9 Stiff shaft at 10.5 degree which gives me a differing flight, again this get's dropped if it is windy.
Finally a New
putter Bettinardi BB8 Proto with honeycomb milling pattern RJB2366
Also added a couple more putters whch have been added since, Serge Deschamps Centre shaft handmade and Uk putter maker Neil Webb.

as ever more updates to follow...

2012WITB2.jpg
015.JPG
062.JPG

May - July 2012
Few of the latest equipment/gadgets that I have picked up of late!

Ballz to it, had to join the 17 revolution, has added some distance, admittedly not the 17 it promotes but anything is better than nothing I guess!

Changed to another 2 ball, this time with a more offset/ heel based model, SBST style was'nt for me so that has gone to pastures new.

Next the Garmin S1, what a great little piece of kit this is, have never been a watch wearer when playing but it's so light it is vertually unnoticeable! Plain and simple to read and tells me all I really need, yeah I know it does'nt give exact distances to clear trouble etc, but when I play other courses I will always pick up a yardage booklet regardless.

Last up picked up some old FALDO Rextar balls with his name and numbers!!

Ok time for my real passion (and in my opinion the best till last), the older Ping Models which were created by Karsten Solheim either in his garage in Redwood City Calif (1959-1961), or in the Scottsdale plant which he moved to later in the early to mid 1960's! First up the Redwood city models. These models are where the very first HEEL and TOE weighting concept was first invented, and brought about the putters we see today.

Few pics to get the jist, more pictures and far more of the differing models
here...

March 2012 - Hybrid Heaven here! Even ventured down the Ghosted route, which I am almost ashamed about!
Taylor Made R11 18 degree 85gm Stiff :smilie_tm: Also picked up one of the new Ping Anser Milled putter Model 1 with a sightline, first looks very impressed, the sightline for me was a winner.

:smilie_ping:  

Feb 2012
-

Found this little treasure, a driver I have been looking for quite some time, admittedly not your latest gretest White ghosted whatyamacallit but a driver which in my opinion was created by the greatst clubmaker of them all Harry Busson from Walton Heath, who created percy woods for a lot of the greatest players to take up this game.

Also a rather tasty Penna driver to go with it, both very nice pieces of furniture! Will sit nicely in amongst my 1960's setup below :)

Also a couple of slightly newer models -
Titleist 909h 21 degree Voodoo Stiff shaft
Ian Woosnam Personaly made Maruman Attack wedge

Woosie_Wedge.JPG

Jan 2012 -

Latest up is a Set of the much talked about and fancied TITLEIST 681's 2 - PW had to try them, am hoping to get out tommorrow and give them a spin S300 shafts
Shafted a couple of Scratch Ar1 heads that I have had for some time hanging around, 3 and 4 iron with DGS300, popped on a couple of mellow yellow ferrules and bobs your uncle, fanny's your caddie! Voila!

Feb 2012 -

New additions Sonartec 3 wood :sonartec: and a 17 degree Titleist 909H   hybrid, after hitting this hybrid, am realising it might be time to accept age is catching up and for the Eye 2 to come out of the bag :cry: , looking at a 21 degree version of the 909h maybe the 910, is there much difference in the 2??

Few Other Putters:-
First a pretty special one, a Bettinardi Mag44 with a Hogan face. This was once owned by Paul Lawrie who after speaking with him was given it at the US open in the early to Mid 2000's. The neck had been bent quite drastically (looked in anger) but he told me that he had it bent purposely "so the stem sat better as I like the leading edge slightly offset"!

Anyway since then it has returned to the Studio and been straightened.
:betty:

Ping Karsten Co Slazenger Anser
There is a story attached to the selling of this putter and the purchasing of the Paul Lawrie Bettinardi above, will explain later (will take some believing)!
:smilie_ping:

180.JPG
187.JPG

2010-2011

FULL
07/11/2011Update

"Been a little while since I last did an update so thought be easier (lazier) to carry on with my original WITB than start afresh!

This is pretty much it - After a trip to the Ping factory in Gainsborogh which gave me a good insight into shaft requirementsI now have a
Ping G10 (did'nt like the I15/G15 as much) with Proforce V2 Stiff 65gm driver in 9 degree while the 3 wood is the Yonex nanospeed.

Irons - after threatening to reshaft the MP14's I bought I eventually got round to it (S300) and now they are pride of place in the bag with a couple of Scratch wedges 53 and 58.

Putter is a
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/216470-witb-with-moaningm/page__st__60__p__3381444#entry3381444"]C+L cut down to 33".

Would'nt say I have pulled up any trees with set up but it get's me around.
First off a quick WITB, have gone back to the TM 425 for now as the Ping was playing up just a little:-

WITB_DM.jpg

2011_1.JPG

2011_2_5.JPG
2011_7.JPG

Bag from 2009/2010

Greetings all,

Here is my set up at the moment, I do have a bit of an obsession with putters which I have about 130 or so at the moment in various bags about the house, so that is the one club that get's the least time in the bag.

This partuclar anser4 has been in for a few months now but I sense is just starting to get itchy feet!

Anser 4 was ousted with Byron 007x in, the betti and Pal2 didnt last too long either!

Hope you enjoy.....

batman.jpg
woods.jpg
irons2.jpg

Time for a bit of an update, adding a few of my other putters/equipment that I have gathered over the yrs ashamedly, more indepth pictures on pages 2-4!

Mills One's r-l Truett Mills handmade one, David Mills handmade one, Old School One, then the 2 Spalding One's
mills_one.jpg

Few Headcovers!
covers.jpg

Edited by MoaningM, 24 December 2016 - 04:45 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 fish

fish

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 957
  • Ebay ID:erice97699
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

NICE SET UP!!!!  love the headcover!!!

Fish

#3 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

Cheers Fish,

He's there as a protector....!

keeps an eye on my game, or at least he is supposed to, I think he's decided to go on strike of recent!

#4 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day

• Marshals
  • 6,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

SWEETNESS!!! :clapping:  I'm glad you've started posting here, moreso that you took the time to post bag pics.  I thoroughly enjoy looking at your putter pics over at PT and hope you include some of them here.  Just an outstanding collection.  I'm a big fan of a lot of older PING putters myself, though not nearly the connoisseur that you are.  Great headcovers too.  Had only seen a couple copper/gold putter covers on ebay and that was years ago, long before I saw the wisdom in having more putters than fingers and toes. :lol:  

Seriously, thanks for sharing. :good:
:hi:

#5 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

Cheers Beruo,

Good to be over here, I signed up a year ago but am only just now just spreading out  ;)

I just wish my misses had the same wisdom as yourself!

#6 wentorf11

wentorf11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66051
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Nice sticks, great color on the bag, a little limey...LoL. can't wait to see pics of the putters.  Do you have them posted somewhere else, so I don't have to wait?

#7 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

wentorf11, on Jan 8 2009, 04:07 PM, said:

Nice sticks, great color on the bag, a little limey...LoL. can't wait to see pics of the putters. Do you have them posted somewhere else, so I don't have to wait?

LOL!

Lime it certainly is, and believe it or not the picture doesnt do it justice, its much brighter in person!

I'll get some photo's together and post them here in the next day or so.

Cheers again

#8 MizunoHack

MizunoHack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20106
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

Thats a pretty sweet 1 iron, I woulden't mind having one myself. Its pretty windy here in Newfoundland, could be useful.

#9 t_crane78

t_crane78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6653

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Are the lofts on your irons standard or have they have changed to fill the gap between the 9 iron and 52 degree wedge.

#10 84425

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68610
  • Ebay ID:jurren
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

nice bag. everytime i see a eye2 becu 1 iron i want one myself ;-)

would love to have a look at those putters as well, can't wait to see some pictures.
i take it there are a couple of ping putters amongst the collection judging from the
ping staf bag filled with ping putter headcovers?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

MizunoHack, on Jan 8 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

Thats a pretty sweet 1 iron, I woulden't mind having one myself. Its pretty windy here in Newfoundland, could be useful.

Spot on m8, I play a links course over here and when it blows it blows, you want to keep the ball downand a one Iron would take some removing from my bag, if anything gets taken out its the 2 iron hybrid which I hit much higher for another wedge!

I'm quite surprised why more people dont use them, I appreciate they arent the easiest club in the bag but they are certainly not as difficult as people make out. Defaintely give it a go.

Cheers

#12 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

t_crane78, on Jan 8 2009, 08:45 PM, said:

Are the lofts on your irons standard or have they have changed to fill the gap between the 9 iron and 52 degree wedge.

t_crane lofts are standard, I've got 6 other wedges of varrying degrees 48, and 50 54 and 58 which sometimes do come in and replace the 2 iron hybrid or the 60 degree wedge dependant on the weather.

Playing a links course can be pretty wild down here so if that's the case I will defaintely add the 48 wedge in place again to keep it low but on mild days I find it is'nt really needed at all.

Really could do with 15 clubs tho!

;)

#13 robb01

robb01

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67754

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Great headcover, and set of clubs :)

#14 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

84425, on Jan 8 2009, 09:56 PM, said:

nice bag. everytime i see a eye2 becu 1 iron i want one myself ;-)

would love to have a look at those putters as well, can't wait to see some pictures.
i take it there are a couple of ping putters amongst the collection judging from the
ping staf bag filled with ping putter headcovers?

Defaintely go and get a eye2 1 Iron great clubs best 1 Iron I have ever used and have been through quite a few ! (I should get shares in Ping I'm not a salesman honest ;))

Yes the Ping bag is full of Pings of one variety or another , but thats only halve of them the others are on the wall (in my avatar above my lad), which are mainly the Scottsdale models from back in the 1960's. I've also got another 2 staff bags about the house that hold all my other makes so I dont just only go for Pings......honest guv!

#15 MizunoHack

MizunoHack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20106

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

MoaningM, on Jan 8 2009, 06:46 PM, said:

MizunoHack, on Jan 8 2009, 08:33 PM, said:

Spot on m8, I play a links course over here and when it blows it blows, you want to keep the ball downand a one Iron would take some removing from my bag, if anything gets taken out its the 2 iron hybrid which I hit much higher for another wedge!

I'm quite surprised why more people dont use them, I appreciate they arent the easiest club in the bag but they are certainly not as difficult as people make out. Defaintely give it a go.

Cheers

I definitly agree. I use a 2 iron that has some how become the most trusted club in my bag. When its really blowing at my home course its essential for some tee shots. Check out my WITB for some pics

Edited by MizunoHack, 08 January 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#16 TM golf guy

TM golf guy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2827
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

Nice set up. Those Ping covers are sweet! I would love to see what is under some of them.

#17 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

robb01, on Jan 8 2009, 10:26 PM, said:

Great headcover, and set of clubs :)

Cheers Robbo!

#18 funkyfedora

funkyfedora

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59076
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Absolutely amazing. It's nice to see your bag after reading your stuff on PT. Thanks for sharing. Love the 1 iron and putter bag!

#19 Brando5105

Brando5105

Putter Hoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45657
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

I love the sticks. I want one of those gold Ping covers so bad....Cannot wait to see your putter collection
Cobra Bio Cell + 661 speeder
Big Bertha 3w Fuji 8.3TS X
Apex Pro 2-PW C-Tapper X
Satori wedges
Machine M20
WITB Link

#20 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

funkyfedora, on Jan 9 2009, 04:58 AM, said:

Absolutely amazing. It's nice to see your bag after reading your stuff on PT. Thanks for sharing. Love the 1 iron and putter bag!

Cheers Funky,

There's a lot of 1 Iron love out there, not so much from me at the moment just got back from playing 9 holes, and did nothing but hit a low hook with it this morning, the putter is definately on it's way out, hit the first 3 greens and ended up 3 over thro 3, actually hold a good 4 footer in that an all!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 funkyfedora

funkyfedora

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59076
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

MoaningM, on Jan 9 2009, 06:23 AM, said:

funkyfedora, on Jan 9 2009, 04:58 AM, said:

Cheers Funky,

There's a lot of 1 Iron love out there, not so much from me at the moment just got back from playing 9 holes, and did nothing but hit a low hook with it this morning, the putter is definately on it's way out, hit the first 3 greens and ended up 3 over thro 3, actually hold a good 4 footer in that an all!

I know the feeling of the low hook... I think you have enough putters to try out... Good luck finding one.

#22 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

pingstuff.jpg

Here is the gear in the Ping bag:-
Zing
Anser
Anser X
Anser Scottsdale Beni
Anser Redwood
Anser Ti
Anser 2 Becu
Pal 6 Becu
B60 Becu
Karsten
69BC
Scottsdale Anser numbered reissue
1A Numbered reissue anniversary
Karsten Numbered reissue Anniversary
2 Iron Becu
1 Iron

And a Taylor Made TPA XVIII for some reason

I think I need to sell some clobber....!

Edited by MoaningM, 20 February 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#23 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

Here are a few more of my problem addiction......

pingline.jpg

Edited by MoaningM, 20 February 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#24 wentorf11

wentorf11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66051

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Very nice, keep the pic coming.  They help me deal with the 6-8" of snow thats falling right now. :cry:

Edited by wentorf11, 09 January 2009 - 05:07 PM.

#25 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
GolfWRX Likes : 1165

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Nice bag. I have an Eye 2 BeCu 2 iron that I put in the bag every once in a while. The putter pics are awesome! BeCu B60 is the best Ping ever made IMO lol.

Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Adams Speedline Fast12 LS 9.5°
Titleist TS2 16.5°
Mizuno CLK 19°
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
Titleist Pro Platinum Mid Sur

#26 Brando5105

Brando5105

Putter Hoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45657
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

wow. thats one great collection....
Cobra Bio Cell + 661 speeder
Big Bertha 3w Fuji 8.3TS X
Apex Pro 2-PW C-Tapper X
Satori wedges
Machine M20
WITB Link

#27 schneck1977

schneck1977

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2630
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

Very nice putter collection.  I see a B60 up on the wall that is screaming for a new home :)
Driver: Taylor Made M4 D-type
FW: Taylor Made M3 3HL
HYB: PING Rapture V2 20*
HYB: PING Crossover 4I
Irons: Adams CB2 5I - PW
Wedges: PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*SS  54*SS  58*WS
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

#28 84425

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68610
  • Ebay ID:jurren
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

nice pictures and great collection.
I love the look of a 69bc and hope to find one oneday.
same goes  for the 1A and the B60 becu.
that ping karsten putter looks nice too. Never seen that
before. Im adding that to my list as well ;-)

Again, thanks for posting these pictures. Just out of
curiousity what's your favorite putter?

#29 MoaningM

MoaningM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

84425, on Jan 10 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

nice pictures and great collection.
I love the look of a 69bc and hope to find one oneday.
same goes for the 1A and the B60 becu.
that ping karsten putter looks nice too. Never seen that
before. Im adding that to my list as well ;-)

Again, thanks for posting these pictures. Just out of
curiousity what's your favorite putter?

69BC there is a strange one - it's been cut down from a long putter (they are made in 2 styles short and long) I also have a Croquet version for the 69BC model which is odd to say the least!

Favourite, difficult to say but probably favourite head shape is the Pal2, used one for 10 years or so, and not even sure now why I stopped using it! I also love the 8802 style putters, very stylish!

Attached are what I am using now.... Anser 4 is out and the betti is in! Have to see if she behaves!

betti_back.jpg

betti_sole.jpg

betti_face.jpg

#30 birdieputt

birdieputt

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62423
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Great collection of putters, i think my dad would do anything to have such a vast collection of BeCu putters.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors