Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any American Made golf balls?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 307golf

307golf

Powder River, Let'er Buck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20944
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Are any golf balls American made?  I know Titleist used (?) to make their balls in Mass but I've read that their production is moving overseas.  I think Bridgestone makes balls in Georgia, but I'm not sure.  Also, as to the ownership of the ball companies...  Fortune brands owns Titleist and I'm curious as to whether Fortune brands is an American company.  You get the idea.

If anyone knows any/all of this info, or even where to look, I'd appreciate some help.

Let's try to make a list:

Srixon -- Japan
Titleist -- USA
Bridgestone --
Callaway --
Taylormade --

Thanks,
307golf

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 inertiamonster

inertiamonster

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43497
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Srixon -- Japan
Titleist -- USA
Bridgestone -- Japan/USA
Callaway -- China/USA
Taylormade -- China/USA

#3 SaltytheSlicer

SaltytheSlicer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65424
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

The Cally Tour i and Tour iX have Made in America printed on the Box.  I think ProV1s do as well.  I also thought the TaylorMade TPs were made in the US, but can't remember for sure.

#4 inertiamonster

inertiamonster

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

View PostSaltytheSlicer, on Jan 6 2009, 01:19 PM, said:

The Cally Tour i and Tour iX have Made in America printed on the Box. I think ProV1s do as well. I also thought the TaylorMade TPs were made in the US, but can't remember for sure.

Apart from Srixon and Bridgestone, if it's urethane you can usually assume it's made in the US, if it's surlyn there's a chance it's made in China or elsewhere in Asia.

#5 mcshooter

mcshooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70315
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

from what ihfo i find wilson zip is us made and the 50/50 is japan. the pinnacle balls are us as is most top flights, the gamer and freak are not, most lower priced titelest and not us only the provs . sixrons and bridgestones are all foreign made.

#6 2overpar

2overpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47897
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

have to correct you there - Bridgestone/Precept surlyn product is made in US - urethane product is made in Japan.

#7 stp

stp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1385
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have been to the Callaway ball factory on a tour. It is in Carlsbad, unless they moved it.

#8 inertiamonster

inertiamonster

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

View Post2overpar, on Jan 14 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

have to correct you there - Bridgestone/Precept surlyn product is made in US - urethane product is made in Japan.

Correct on Bridgestone, however I know that some Precept balls, specifically the MC Lady and Laddie, are made in China.

#9 inertiamonster

inertiamonster

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

I have been to the Callaway ball factory on a tour. It is in Carlsbad, unless they moved it.

They have one in California, but most production is still done in the Top Flite facilities in Chicopee, Massachusetts.

Edited by inertiamonster, 14 January 2009 - 12:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors