Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

KEKOA- Same Bag (Quick GG Review pg. 11)

Scratch Scotty Cameron Tour Timeless Don White Jeff McCoy

326 replies to this topic

#301 DTXgolfer12

DTXgolfer12

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 361333
  • Joined: 02/06/2015
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:+0.5
  • Ebay ID:guitarchad1983
GolfWRX Likes : 2312

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

nice stuff. Might have to try some scratch irons sometime

New driver coming soon
Titleist 915f Diamana blueboard 80x
Titleist 816H1 Motore speeder tour spec 9.8x
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW KBS tour 130x
Vokey SM5 tour chrome 52,56,60
Bettinardi inovai 3.0 center shaft

TM R15 TP with Speeder 757x
TM M2 3 15* with Kuro Kago silver TiNi 70x
TM R15 black 21* hybrid with speeder 77x
TM UDI 3 iron with Aldila RIP tour 105x
Mizuno MP4 4-P with KBS tour 130x
Mizuno MP t5 black wedges 52,60
Odyssey protype #2

WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#302 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1352

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

What's new?  How do you clean or wipe down your no1s?  I've got about 45 rounds on mine and wear isn't anything out of the ordinary, should make it through 125 and the season.  Haven't cleaned them once yet and they need it bad.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

2

#303 keith723

keith723

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16361
  • Joined: 07/15/2006
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

You have a lot of great gear man - good stuff
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Aldila RIP Alpha 60
Callaway Epic 15*, Fubuki K 70
Callaway Apex Hybrid 3/20*, Aldila RIP Alpha 85
Callaway Apex Pro 2014 (4-PW), KBS Tour-V 110
Adams MB2 50* (GW), DG S-300
Callaway MD4 54S, 58S, DG S-300
Bettinardi Signature Series 8, 35"

3

#304 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

Had some script to burn and picked this up.  Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

M2_1.JPG

M3_2.JPG

M5.JPG

4

#305 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1608

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

Keep hitting them straight, Jose!!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 Tour Issue M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 Tour Issue M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: Open
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* DG 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB DG Wedge
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester 34", First of Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34", Garage Columbus 34
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

5

#306 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

    Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Joined: 12/24/2006
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

NICE...glad to see your ho'ing ways haven't slowed down!

6

#307 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

Been in a driver funk for a while. This thing has promise from the looks of it. Plan to test it at the range before putting my shaft of choice in



image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7

#308 keith723

keith723

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16361
  • Joined: 07/15/2006
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

I just watched Bubba absolutely destroy a drive on the 14th at TPC Scottsdale last Saturday with the new G.  501 yd par 4 and I think he hit a 9 iron in to the elevated green.

What's been your driver shaft of choice lately?  Diamana D+ 70 has been solid for me - I would think it would pair up well with the G.  Have you hit that shaft lately?

I like the new Ping headcover, btw...very nice
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Aldila RIP Alpha 60
Callaway Epic 15*, Fubuki K 70
Callaway Apex Hybrid 3/20*, Aldila RIP Alpha 85
Callaway Apex Pro 2014 (4-PW), KBS Tour-V 110
Adams MB2 50* (GW), DG S-300
Callaway MD4 54S, 58S, DG S-300
Bettinardi Signature Series 8, 35"

8

#309 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:11 AM

View Postkeith723, on 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just watched Bubba absolutely destroy a drive on the 14th at TPC Scottsdale last Saturday with the new G.  501 yd par 4 and I think he hit a 9 iron in to the elevated green.

What's been your driver shaft of choice lately?  Diamana D+ 70 has been solid for me - I would think it would pair up well with the G.  Have you hit that shaft lately?

I like the new Ping headcover, btw...very nice

Ive always like the feel and characteristics of gd shafts. I have a di and mt right now.  I hit about 50 balls with the G tonight and this thing in going in the bag right away paired with the gd mt.  I cant compare the g to the g30 but this thing is super forgiving, which is what i need right now as i work the kinks out of my swing.

9

#310 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

    Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Joined: 12/24/2006
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

So jealous that you get to hit range balls...I'm in a winter wonder-hell right now.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#311 double or triple?

double or triple?

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

View Postkekoa, on 09 February 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

View Postkeith723, on 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just watched Bubba absolutely destroy a drive on the 14th at TPC Scottsdale last Saturday with the new G.  501 yd par 4 and I think he hit a 9 iron in to the elevated green.

What's been your driver shaft of choice lately?  Diamana D+ 70 has been solid for me - I would think it would pair up well with the G.  Have you hit that shaft lately?

I like the new Ping headcover, btw...very nice

Ive always like the feel and characteristics of gd shafts. I have a di and mt right now.  I hit about 50 balls with the G tonight and this thing in going in the bag right away paired with the gd mt.  I cant compare the g to the g30 but this thing is super forgiving, which is what i need right now as i work the kinks out of my swing.

You can expect a text from me about you're experience on the range. I'm really interested in switching over to a Ping driver of the XR 16 doesn't work out.

11

#312 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 February 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postkekoa, on 09 February 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

View Postkeith723, on 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just watched Bubba absolutely destroy a drive on the 14th at TPC Scottsdale last Saturday with the new G.  501 yd par 4 and I think he hit a 9 iron in to the elevated green.

What's been your driver shaft of choice lately?  Diamana D+ 70 has been solid for me - I would think it would pair up well with the G.  Have you hit that shaft lately?

I like the new Ping headcover, btw...very nice

Ive always like the feel and characteristics of gd shafts. I have a di and mt right now.  I hit about 50 balls with the G tonight and this thing in going in the bag right away paired with the gd mt.  I cant compare the g to the g30 but this thing is super forgiving, which is what i need right now as i work the kinks out of my swing.

You can expect a text from me about you're experience on the range. I'm really interested in switching over to a Ping driver of the XR 16 doesn't work out.

I think you need to try the Ping no matter how the XR does.  For me personally I wasn't a fan of the XR and know that after just a few balls.  I really wish I had the regular G and the SF on trackman to compare.

12

#313 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1352

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

View Postkekoa, on 09 February 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 February 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postkekoa, on 09 February 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

View Postkeith723, on 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just watched Bubba absolutely destroy a drive on the 14th at TPC Scottsdale last Saturday with the new G.  501 yd par 4 and I think he hit a 9 iron in to the elevated green.

What's been your driver shaft of choice lately?  Diamana D+ 70 has been solid for me - I would think it would pair up well with the G.  Have you hit that shaft lately?

I like the new Ping headcover, btw...very nice

Ive always like the feel and characteristics of gd shafts. I have a di and mt right now.  I hit about 50 balls with the G tonight and this thing in going in the bag right away paired with the gd mt.  I cant compare the g to the g30 but this thing is super forgiving, which is what i need right now as i work the kinks out of my swing.

You can expect a text from me about you're experience on the range. I'm really interested in switching over to a Ping driver of the XR 16 doesn't work out.

I think you need to try the Ping no matter how the XR does.  For me personally I wasn't a fan of the XR and know that after just a few balls.  I really wish I had the regular G and the SF on trackman to compare.

Missing the ball right?  Both will be easier to turn over and a couple 100 rpms higher but not too bad.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

13

#314 Mikey Town

Mikey Town

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187388
  • Joined: 06/19/2012
  • Location:So Cal
  • Handicap:Work
GolfWRX Likes : 2228

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

View Postkekoa, on 09 February 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

Ive always like the feel and characteristics of gd shafts. I have a di and mt right now.  I hit about 50 balls with the G tonight and this thing in going in the bag right away paired with the gd mt.  I cant compare the g to the g30 but this thing is super forgiving, which is what i need right now as i work the kinks out of my swing.

Don't overlook the MJ, bro.

I don't think I've ever had a better driver combo than the G30 LS and AD MJ that's in my bag right now.

I haven't hit another driver... not even a demo... in the last 6ish months.


Good luck with the G!
TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
WITB Link

14

#315 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:27 AM

Here she is. Cannot wait to get it on the course. The mt gave me a much more piercing flight than the stock shaft

@ mikey- i might need to pick up an mj for backup. :)



image.jpeg


15

#316 Beastmode Broker

Beastmode Broker

    Canadian AF

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105306
  • Joined: 03/24/2010
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 1565

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

time for a photo shoot
your pics are always so awesome

get on it STAT ;)

16

#317 cdauks07

cdauks07

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109440
  • Joined: 06/13/2010
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

I like the look of the M1, and love their head covers. Did you not like how it hit?
Titleist 915D3 8.5
Titleist 915f 15
Titleist 915hd 20.5
Titleist t-mb 20
Titleist ap2 714 4-pw
Titleist Vokey sm5 54 58
Odyssey Black Series

17

#318 GravityWell

GravityWell

    The Dude

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Handicap:Pi
GolfWRX Likes : 2090

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

View Postkekoa, on 10 February 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Here she is. Cannot wait to get it on the course. The mt gave me a much more piercing flight than the stock shaft

@ mikey- i might need to pick up an mj for backup. :)



Attachment image.jpeg


That looks cool
TaylorMade M3 Tensei White
TourEdge 3W CBX HZRDUS
TaylorMade M3 3h
TaylorMade 730
Vokey SM6 V Oil Can 54 Black S400
Vokey SM6 K Low Bounce 60 Black S400
Bettinardi BB29

18

#319 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

For anyone considering a trip to see George Gankas aka GGswingtips, I thought I would post a quick review of my lesson on Saturday.  Like many have mentioned, GG basically asks for a quick recap of your game ie. index, strengths, weaknesses, and what you want to improve on.  He goes on to make sure you have at least a basic understanding of ballflight laws.  I thought I did, until he started explaining things with 3 allignment sticks and some chalk on the mat.  Once he moves on to some of the trackman numbers, my head was spinning.  lol

Personally, I've played some of the worst golf in my life during the last year.  Some moments of greatness, but overall, really bad golf.  I told George that my biggest weakness was my driver.  His first reaction, was lets get it fixed right now.  Instead of taking driver swings right away, I wanted to get warmed up with some 6 irons and George was fine with that.  He started recording and after two shots we went back to his computer.  Three glaring issues he saw right away: 1).  My posture.  George wanted me to stand up taller and have my butt cheeks almost over my heels.  That felt really...really weird to me.  In looking at all of the vids on IG, most of the guys are doing exactly that.  GG used Adam Scott as a reference point saying that most people says he has the best posture in golf, but George thinks otherwise.  2). My grip was too weak and I was coming through impact with a slightly open face.  This was interesting because right around the time I tried to make my grip more neutral is when my game kind of went downhill.  When I was playing my best golf, my go-to shot was a draw, but literally overnight when I changed my grip, I could not hit a draw to save my life.  3).  He thought my 6 iron swing speed was way too low for someone of my size.  

On to my driver.  Again, I hit about 3 driver all of which were high, weak floaters to the right.  GG moved his camera to a face on angle and again took me back to his computer for an assessment.  Three primary issues again: 1). I was setting up over the ball with little or no spine tilt.  2). I wasn't releasing the driver properly.  I would old it off at impact and chicken wing it.  3. Too much early extension/goat humping. 4). Once again, driver speed was way low in his opinion at 97.  For the time being here is what GG wants me to do/feel with the driver.  First off, play the ball just inside of the left heel.  Second, I need to set up behind the ball at about 173*.  During my BS, he wanted me to feel like I was standing up with a huge/wide turn.  At the BS, the feeling he wanted was to squat and hit up on the ball/while also staying back.  After about 5 swings, the new move started feeling almost nature.  Much more powerful and the ball was drawing again without me trying to alter the club face angle or path.  I was just trying to hit the ball as hard as I could.  

I actually played the next day at a local country club and hit the driver the best I have in what seems like forever.  I also sent GG a video for check-up, which he very quickly game me his opinion on.  

Pro's and Cons of a lesson with GG.  Just my opinion of course.

Pros:
- GG flat out knows the swing and can find a fault very quickly.
- He's a really cool guy and genuinely wants to see each player get better and play the best golf they are capable of.
- He goes non-stop for the full hour.  I've been to instructors before where I've only had maybe 20 minutes max of real instruction.  I actually would have like to do do a 2 hr lesson.

Cons:
- Expensive (For Me)
- For the price, I though for sure range balls would be included. They aren't
- For me his facility is pretty far.  I'm about 65 miles from the range and it took me over 2.5 hrs each way.  Ughhh.

Edited by kekoa, 25 May 2016 - 05:29 PM.


19

#320 buckeye88us

buckeye88us

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47187
  • Joined: 01/27/2008
  • Location:University Park, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the lesson review with GG!
I'm going out there soon for a few lessons.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#321 double or triple?

double or triple?

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:56 PM

I'm getting strokes next time we tee it up. Haha. Glad you're getting headed in a positive direction kekoa.

21

#322 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1418

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Haven't really tinkered at all for a long while, but can't wait to give the M4 a whirl.  I'm also working on a new set of irons so stay tuned.

IMG_4160.jpg

22

#323 QMany

QMany

    #TheWRX

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113894
  • Joined: 08/30/2010
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:+1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 5425

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

I'm looking forward to hear what you think! I'm really intrigued with the TM heads. I am tipping a few Tensei Pro Blue and Pro White 70Xs to compare Epic and M3/M4 head-to-head.
Currently in #TheWRX...

Callaway GBB Epic (9°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 70TX
Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Callaway MD3 (50° 54° 60°) DG S400 TI
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Srixon ZStar XV

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram

23

#324 aquanaut1968

aquanaut1968

    Tully...

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137617
  • Joined: 08/25/2011
  • Location:St.Louis.Mo.
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:22 AM

Love the Ping G ...Solid driver...
tully1968

24

#325 MikekiM

MikekiM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415850
  • Joined: 03/15/2016
  • Location:San Diego, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Wow.. Had no idea you were such a club ho..  Great choices.

Taylor Made R15
Ping G25
Titleist T-MB
Titleist 716 CB
Titleist Vokey SM6
Evnroll ER2
Chrome Soft X

25

#326 Jab3384

Jab3384

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318427
  • Joined: 06/02/2014
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:??
GolfWRX Likes : 217

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

Good looking sticks... Looking forward to the M4 review.

But I can't believe GG makes you buy the range balls!!

26

#327 double or triple?

double or triple?

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:30 AM

Nice pick up man. Looking forward to seeing which way you go with irons

27



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors