Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nippon ns pro 100

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9000
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:24 PM

Hi everybody,

I need some information on the Nippon ns pro 100 stiff shaft.I recently used a Titleist 735 with this shaft and have been using dynamic gold s-300's for years.I felt that I had greater control with the nippon shaft and that it had a higher ball flight.I would appreciate any information on it has I have been to the Nippon website and the Titleist website but cant locate this particular shaft.I will be getting a set of 735's soon and badly need any info about the shaft.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:53 PM

View Postanimalistic, on Feb 23 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

Hi everybody,

I need some information on the Nippon ns pro 100 stiff shaft.I recently used a Titleist 735 with this shaft and have been using dynamic gold s-300's for years.I felt that I had greater control with the nippon shaft and that it had a higher ball flight.I would appreciate any information on it has I have been to the Nippon website and the Titleist website but cant locate this particular shaft.I will be getting a set of 735's soon and badly need any info about the shaft.

#3 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

any help guys? ;)

#4 MR.PINCHY

MR.PINCHY

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8795
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

nippon shafts are a lot lighter, about 30 grams, or in sum cases 40 grams..

i think they are softer tip shafts, and that produces high trajectory

the 100 models are one of the heavy models, i think they have 90 and 110 also?

they are great shafts, but also expensive

so basically,

the difference with DG is the weight, and its tip stiffness, i gues

hope this help

thanks!

#5 LeftRev

LeftRev

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:12 PM

animalistic,

Do a search for Nippon shafts or Nippon 1050 or Nippon 1150.  I think you will find some comparisons and reviews that you're looking for.

I have played the 1050 shafts and find them to be a solid alternative to DG or Rifle.

Edited by LeftRev, 23 February 2006 - 10:12 PM.

#6 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:17 AM

thanks ;)

#7 tartanjack

tartanjack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10058
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:30 AM

I agree.  Have Nippon NS 1050 stiff.  While lighter and with a lower bend point than DG, they feel much tighter to me and more consistent in feel through all the irons.  Great shaft IMHO.  Won't play anything else.

#8 ramsey_steve

ramsey_steve

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3567
  • Ebay ID:Ramsey_Steve
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:28 AM

View Postanimalistic, on Feb 23 2006, 01:24 PM, said:

I recall that Nippon supplying Titleist and maybe some other OEM's with custom 'one-off' shafts. Email Chip Usher (chipaputt@aol.com) for a knowledge-based answer..

I'd assume it's somewhat similar to Nippon's stock offerings, falling between the GH 950 and GH 1050, and if so it'll be smoother and with a slightly lower kick point than Dynamic Gold SL's, True Temper's nearest equivelant.

I've bounced back and forth beween the 950's and 1050's. Love them both.

Maybe Titleist experimented with the 950 and 1050 shafts and found 100 grams to work best. Check with Chip, he's the best guy I know for Nippon info.

Steve.

#9 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

thanks ;)

#10 Blakester

Blakester

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90360
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:blakester37
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hey Animalistic - been a while since this thread has seen life, but...

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on some used Titleist 735s with the Nippon NS 100 shaft.  I currently play DG S300 and am hesitant to go to another shaft after playing PX and DG Lite for a while and wishing I never left good ole' DGS300s.

Would appreciate it if you can supply your thoughts on the 735s with the Nippons.

Thanks!

Titleist 913 D3, Axiv Black 79
Titleist 910F 16*, Axiv Black 79
Titleist 910F 19 & 21, Axiv Black 79
Titleist AP2 714, 5-GW DG S300
Nike Method 001, 35"
Titleist Vokey SM4 57, 62

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors