Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Grafalloy Introduces ProLaunch Axis

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8549
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

The ProLaunch series has been one of the most successful shaft lines of the last 5 years.  The ProLaunch Blue and Red shafts have provided club fitters around with the world with an option to fit all of their customers.  For top end club fitters Blue and Red have become synonymous with the high and low launch conditions they provide, respectively.  For 2009 we have upgraded the ProLaunch family by incorporating Smart-Ply technology, first used in our ultra high performance Axis shaft to create the ProLaunch Axis Red and Blue.  
Smart-Ply technology utilizes ultra thin layers of unidirectional graphite in cross shaft orientations to stabilize the golf shaft, increasing the efficiency in energy transfer from the golfer to the ball and reducing off plane bending to keep the head on line for increased accuracy.  Smart-Ply provides a marked improvement over other visual material technologies used for stabilization, such as trendy weaves.  Traditional box weaves are bulky and distort the fibers, reducing their effectiveness by up to 40%.   Newer quadraxial weaves, while attractive and lighter in weight, have only a fraction of the stabilizing fiber volume of Smart-Ply and often utilize colored aramid or glass fibers, which are far softer than graphite fibers.  When asked about weaves, Neal Haas, Director of Composite Design commented, “While weaves are aesthetically attractive and provide the appearance of being high performance, they are actually quite ineffective when compared to Smart-Ply”.    Haas adds, “The original Axis design was the longest shaft ever developed by Grafalloy; all early indications show that the addition of Axis technology to the ProLaunch family has provided the same performance boost”.
Available in December 2008, Grafalloy ProLaunch Axis Red and Blue will provide the launch conditions the golfing world has come to expect from the ProLaunch family with the increased performance of an Axis shaft.  The sub 60 gram Blue series will be available in senior, regular, stiff and extra stiff flexes while the 63 gram Red while be available in R-X flexes.  MSRP $150  

ProLaunch_Axis_Red_HI.jpg

ProLaunch_Axis_Blue_HI.jpg

ProLaunch Blue Axis Flex Tip Dia. Length Tip Torque Weight Flight
UPLAXBLUE633WX X .335 46.0 3.0 4.0 60 High
UPLAXBLUE633WS S .335 46.0 3.0 4.0 58 High
UPLAXBLUE633WR R .335 46.0 3.0 4.0 58 High
UPLAXBLUE633WA A .335 46.0 3.0 4.5 58 High

ProLaunch Red Axis
UPLAXRED633WX X .335 46.0 3.0 3.8 63 Low
UPLAXRED633WS S .335 46.0 3.0 3.8 62 Low
UPLAXRED633WR R .335 46.0 3.0 3.8 62 Low

WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TM golf guy

TM golf guy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2827
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

Can't wait to try the Red Axis. The original Axis is one of my favorite shafts. Long and straight.

#3 schlebrock

schlebrock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11688
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

I wonder why Grafalloy continues to use the ProLaunch name for their recent shaft launches?  :fool:

First, the ProLaunch Red & Blue Tour Design and now this? It would seem to me that if they are trying to break into the better players market then the ProLaunch name is going to scare people away, regardless of the performance of the shaft.

Oh well, I'm sure that they put more thought around this than I did so I wish them luck.

Edited by schlebrock, 21 November 2008 - 05:05 PM.

Ping G25 9.5° | Fujikura Speeder 757
Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5° | UST Attas T2
Titleist 913H 21° | Aldila Tour Green
Ping G25's 4-UW | KBS Tour-V
Vokey TVD SM4 54°S, 58°K | KBS Tour
Ping Craz-E Scottsdale TR

#4 robb01

robb01

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67754
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

View Postschlebrock, on Nov 21 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

I wonder why Grafalloy continues to use the ProLaunch name for their recent shaft launches?  :fool:

First, the ProLaunch Red & Blue Tour Design and now this? It would seem to me that if they are trying to break into the better players market then the Pro Launch name is going to scare people away, regardless of the performance of the shaft.

Oh well, I'm sure that they put more thought around this than I did so I wish them luck.

It certainly is confusing

#5 bloodredsun

bloodredsun

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 1,805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22235
  • Ebay ID:bloodredsunfootie

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

TTS, how do these differ from the Tour Concept version of the Prolaunch Red/Blue? The TC version of the Red is an absolute killer in fairway woods.

#6 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

View Postbloodredsun, on Nov 21 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

TTS, how do these differ from the Tour Concept version of the Prolaunch Red/Blue? The TC version of the Red is an absolute killer in fairway woods.

The Tour Design are the exact Red and Blue strucutres with Axis/Smart Ply technology added. The new shafts are slightly different profiles (can tell by the specs).  A wider of range of players will fit into the new shafts also where as the Tour Design are basically for the stronger players.

These will eventually replace the Tour Design shafts as the TC Program shifts to focus on prototype parts in the upcoming year.

TTS
WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

#7 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

View Postrobb01, on Nov 21 2008, 05:03 PM, said:

View Postschlebrock, on Nov 21 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

First, the ProLaunch Red & Blue Tour Design and now this? It would seem to me that if they are trying to break into the better players market then the Pro Launch name is going to scare people away, regardless of the performance of the shaft.

It certainly is confusing

I would think it is less confusing given that there is a lot of brand recognition in the ProLaunch name and everyone knows Blue means high launch and Red means low launch. It's a lot easier to gain immediate acceptance when you have that brand strength. Why do you think Fujikura continues to put out "Speeder" shafts and Graphite Design sticks with "Tour AD?" UST=ProForce

We don't find better players shy away from ProLaunch either. There are plenty of tour players playing both ProLaunch Blue and especially ProLaunch Red and there isn't a better player than a Pro.

TTS

#8 playmuch

playmuch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43638
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Those shafts look nice.

#9 ballzo

ballzo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39747
  • Ebay ID:BallzoAuctions
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

Those look real nice and I hope to try one of them when they are available. While you are here is there a chance you could give us spin characteristics of all the current grafalloy offerings? I'm a big grafalloy fan.

#10 cbm

cbm

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17825
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Looks good but pretty hi tourque for a better players shaft isn't it? Also 63 grams is the heaviest weight offering?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 bambooluv

bambooluv

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15866
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

TT, in the pictures attached the numbers next to the flex can I assume these do not correlate to their weight class? I see a 70 on the blue. I cannot wait to try the red out.

Pete

#12 bloodredsun

bloodredsun

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 1,805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22235
  • Ebay ID:bloodredsunfootie

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:42 AM

View Postcbm, on Nov 22 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

Looks good but pretty hi torque for a better players shaft isn't it? Also 63 grams is the heaviest weight offering?
As TTS mentioned, better players have the Tour Concept versions of the Prolaunch Red and Blue that we looked at earlier this year on Bag Chatter - http://www.golfwrx.c...d-shaft-review/

These TC versions have lower torque and also come in a 75g+ weight

#13 ShoxTP

ShoxTP

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2518
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

I play a prolaunch platinum, and it too has the smartply tech. VERY good shaft very smooth and stable, if it is any indication of the new offerings then i would expect great things!

#14 Brando5105

Brando5105

Putter Hoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45657
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

i hope its as good as the orginal Axis
Callaway Alpha Pro 8.5* Kiyoshi Black75x
Big Bertha Pro 14* Fuji 8.3TS X
Apex Pro 2-PW C-Tapper X
MacDaddy 50/54/60 C-Tapper S
Machine M20
WITB Link

#15 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

View Postbloodredsun, on Nov 22 2008, 07:42 AM, said:

View Postcbm, on Nov 22 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

Looks good but pretty hi torque for a better players shaft isn't it? Also 63 grams is the heaviest weight offering?
As TTS mentioned, better players have the Tour Concept versions of the Prolaunch Red and Blue that we looked at earlier this year on Bag Chatter - http://www.golfwrx.c...d-shaft-review/

These TC versions have lower torque and also come in a 75g+ weight

Spot on Martin.

And torque ratings above 3.5 are more the norm these days. Look into the specs of a lot of high end shafts (excluding Accra) and you'll see higher torque ratings. The technologies we are all using take care of what torque used to do so it's being bumped up for better feel.

TTS

#16 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

View Postbambooluv, on Nov 21 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

TT, in the pictures attached the numbers next to the flex can I assume these do not correlate to their weight class? I see a 70 on the blue. I cannot wait to try the red out.

Pete

Pete,

The image I had of the Blue was a 70g that you'll find in the new Adams fwy line. The retail parts are both in the 60's and will have 60 in the logo.

TTS

#17 joey3108

joey3108

Proud sponsor and pioneer of golfwrx

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

B,

Great addition to your line up ! :)

#18 the hawk

the hawk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6089
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Is it me or do these torque #'s seem high!  I tried the Adams Speedline 3 wood and there seemed to be quite a bit if torque in my 110mph swing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors