Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

King Cobra II Oversize Irons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mshain81

mshain81

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65921
  • Ebay ID:mshain81
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

Found this ad on craigslist.  Selling for $35.  The description says they are knockoff but I think the lady doesnt realize that King Cobra is a model name for Cobra irons.  I went to the PGA value guide and found them, compared them to the pic in the ad and they look identical.  

Do any of you know if "King Cobra" is suppose to be a knock-off brand like she stated or is she misinformed and I'm about to snag a great deal?  Thanks in advance.

Mike

http://tucson.craigslist.org/spo/907574982.html

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 headz51230

headz51230

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59414

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

The bottom left IQ shaft would be the graphite shaft these were fitted with .The pics of the clubs on the left, top and bottom, are the real deal, but the top right pic of all of the clubs are completely different set altogether. Just look at the hosel and you can see the difference (the KKII clubs have a very definitive hosel shape)

Other than that KKII oversize are legit Cobra clubs that were made around 2000-2002. I still have a set that have the infamous Apollo "Hump" shafts.

#3 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68672
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

i wonder if she is using pics of an actual set for illustrative purposes, too.  My father has a knock-off set called "King Snakes" that are very close to the real thing down to the font used etc.

#4 mshain81

mshain81

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

Headz,

Yes I do see that the top right pics are different.  You can see some sort of writing on the bottom of the heads that doesnt appear in the 2 left pics of the real KKII's.

Fore Man,

I have heard of King Snakes being knock-offs of the KKII's but she didnt mention King Snake.  

From what I've heard, King Snake was pretty darn good anyway so I might pic these up and try them out.  $35 seems decent.  Just waiting on her to reply back to my email and hopefully I'll meet her before the end of the week and check them out.

#5 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

yeah, my father really likes his... so much that he calls them his Cobras, lol.

even if they were knock-offs..... you won't find anything 1/2 way decent for $35.

good luck!

#6 mshain81

mshain81

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:13 PM

your dad has KKII's or King Snakes?

I agree though, $35 seems like a steal to me even if they arent real.

#7 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

Dad has Kings Snakes... but my bro has the King Cobra II's w/ steel shaft.  He bought them used from a friend for $85 i think.

#8 headz51230

headz51230

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59414

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

mshain81, on Nov 6 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

Headz,

Yes I do see that the top right pics are different. You can see some sort of writing on the bottom of the heads that doesnt appear in the 2 left pics of the real KKII's.

I guess I just don't see why the person would list 3/4 pics that are KKII's, including a close up of the IQ shaft, and then the one pic as something completely different.

#9 Fore_Man

Fore_Man

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

i dont' see why either, BUT the pic at lower left is a 3 iron.  And she says she's selling a 4-PW set.  So that leads me to believe that maybe she's showing what they are a knock off of. ???? Just a guess.

#10 mshain81

mshain81

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:49 AM

Well hopefully we'll see if she ever replies back to my email.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors