Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

UST SR3 shaft


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

I recently just purchased a Nickent 4DX Draw with a stiff flex UST SR3 shaft. It hasn't arrived yet and I was trying to find the specs for this shaft online.

Why doesn't UST list this shaft on their page? Was this just created for Nickent, or is it in other drivers as well?

Also which is really odd Nickent list on one of it's pages for a different driver that the shaft is FUJIKURA SR3. http://nickentgolf.c..._se-specs.shtml

But on another page as UST. http://www.nickentgo...pr-070306.shtml


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MatrixcMan

MatrixcMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1138
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

Your links reference two different drivers.

The shaft in your driver is made by UST.

#3 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostMatrixcMan, on Oct 9 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Your links reference two different drivers.

The shaft in your driver is made by UST.


I know that the links are for 2 differnt drivers and I even stated that in the orginal post and the reason is because from Nickents new site it doesn't list the specifications for the driver I'm buying. But I really highly doubt that both Fujikura and UST both make a SR3. And you failed to even answer the questions I asked. Not trying to be an A$$ here but your post had no value you didn't even answer my questions.

#4 slahitou

slahitou

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18810
  • Joined: 09/03/2006
  • Location:Buenos Aires / Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

Shaft is made for Nickent, so it wont be listed in any of the shaft manufacturer website.

Regarding specs, the SR3 is a mid/low kick with torque around 4/5*, quite spinny IMO, bot the Nv and V2 are much better stock options  for the better player in the 4dx driver.

#5 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

View Postslahitou, on Oct 9 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

Shaft is made for Nickent, so it wont be listed in any of the shaft manufacturer website.

Regarding specs, the SR3 is a mid/low kick with torque around 4/5*, quite spinny IMO, bot the Nv and V2 are much better stock options for the better player in the 4dx driver.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give it a whirl and see how I like it. I bought this from GPP for a great price and it was the only shaft option they had. I have the stock V2 in my 3DX so if I don't like the feel of this I will change it out.


#6 MatrixcMan

MatrixcMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1138
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

View Postlwbj, on Oct 9 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

View PostMatrixcMan, on Oct 9 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Your links reference two different drivers.

The shaft in your driver is made by UST.


I know that the links are for 2 differnt drivers and I even stated that in the orginal post and the reason is because from Nickents new site it doesn't list the specifications for the driver I'm buying. But I really highly doubt that both Fujikura and UST both make a SR3. And you failed to even answer the questions I asked. Not trying to be an A$$ here but your post had no value you didn't even answer my questions.


You first referenced one driver and then another driver in your post. One can easily imply that you have little knowledge of the club if you reference different two clubs. Most posters would reference only the excat club they have in question. You reference confusion between UST and Fujikura shafts. Why on earth would you refernce another driver other than the one you bought? It would help if your post was clear and concise to the exact issue at hand. It's time you grow up and avoid the smart A$$ refernces to others when they try to assist. Better yet, contact the OEM direct for  a response. Of course you will have to a have a specific question....

Edited by MatrixcMan, 09 October 2008 - 02:58 PM.


#7 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostMatrixcMan, on Oct 9 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

View Postlwbj, on Oct 9 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

View PostMatrixcMan, on Oct 9 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Your links reference two different drivers.

The shaft in your driver is made by UST.


I know that the links are for 2 differnt drivers and I even stated that in the orginal post and the reason is because from Nickents new site it doesn't list the specifications for the driver I'm buying. But I really highly doubt that both Fujikura and UST both make a SR3. And you failed to even answer the questions I asked. Not trying to be an A$$ here but your post had no value you didn't even answer my questions.


You first referenced one driver and then another driver in your post. One can easily imply that you have little knowledge of the club if you reference different two clubs. Most posters would reference only the excat club they have in question. You reference confusion between UST and Fujikura shafts. Why on earth would you refernce another driver other than the one you bought? It would help if your post was clear and concise to the exact issue at hand. It's time you grow up and avoid the smart A$$ refernces to others when they try to assist. Better yet, contact the OEM direct for a response. Of course you will have to a have a specific question....

That's the point I was making YOU didn't assist a darn thing, you added no value at all and still didn't. I listed them both because they were BOTH from Nickent, thought maybe someone would know if it was a misprint or if infact FUJIKURA actually made a SR3 as well. But thanks to user like slahitou I got the answer I was looking for. YOU read right past my questions and went straight to my "ALSO" statement. Learn to read and comprehend before you open you mouth.

Edited by lwbj, 09 October 2008 - 03:29 PM.


#8 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

I have the Nickent 4DX SE (all black) and it's shafted with a SR-3 stiff flex (65gr's/3.5* torque/mid kick) but this is the Fujikura model. I'm quite sure the "SR3" is Nickent's doing and various manufacturers produce there version for them.
Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#9 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

View PostBig Ben, on Oct 9 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

I have the Nickent 4DX SE (all black) and it's shafted with a SR-3 stiff flex (65gr's/3.5* torque/mid kick) but this is the Fujikura model. I'm quite sure the "SR3" is Nickent's doing and various manufacturers produce there version for them.


Thanks for the info, I thought maybe it was a misprint on their website, having two different brands, branded with the SR3.  

Do you like this shaft, head combo? I'm a little concerned with the UST SR3 being 4/5 on the torque. Guess I'll see how it performs for me. But I'm afraid I may be looking for a new shaft.

#10 slahitou

slahitou

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18810
  • Joined: 09/03/2006
  • Location:Buenos Aires / Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

The Fuji SR3 is a little lower in torque and spins a little less as well.  

The Fuji was made for the SE 4dx only, just to make the Special Edition a little more appealing with the shaft showing the Fujikura logo.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the info slahitou.

#12 Coach Ritz

Coach Ritz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32213
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:West Palm Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

I have found what works for me in the 4DX SE was a Harrison Saga 60S tipped 1/2 ".  I had a Pershing 65 as well as the stock Fuji in it.  The driver now seems to be dialed in for me.  My dispersion is less with the Saga if I do not catch it quite right, but when I nail it in the screws it just goes.  My swing speed is in the 97-104 range.   Just adding to see if I can help in all.  The Saga was a 50 dollar shaft. Best 50 bucks I have spent.

#13 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:01 PM

I use the SR3 in my hybrids and thy are fine, definately not a V2 but it get the job done for the hybrid.  The V2 upgrade is worth every penny for the Nickent drivers.

#14 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks guys.

I got the V2 in my 3DX and loved it. I recently gave that driver to my son so I purchased this driver from GPPgolf and the only option they advertised was the UST SR3.

I have a swing speed of 105-108 last time I had it checked , but unfortunatley I catch quite a few off center. So I need a pretty forgiving shaft, and from what I have read I may not get that with the SR3.

What would you guys suggest for me to get as far as torque and I'm wanting a lower ball flight as well?

#15 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

I play a V2 mainly because the torque is low at about 2.6-2.7*.  That helps prevent sidespin and keeps the ball straighter, and my ss is around yours at 102-105 on average.  The ProLaunch Red is also a good shaft for a lower ball flight.


#16 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thanks NCNickentGuy,

Just another question, You wouldn't happen to know where I could pick up a SuperMag from would you?

#17 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

View Postlwbj, on Oct 13 2008, 04:16 PM, said:

Thanks NCNickentGuy,

Just another question, You wouldn't happen to know where I could pick up a SuperMag from would you?
Used or new?  I am willing to sell mine for $150, it has a stiff V2 standard shaft, not the HMOI-V2.  It is cut to 44", but only used about 5-6 rounds, my natural fade is tough with this club.  I am about 10-15 yards longer with this driver but about 15% less on fairways.

Brand new is tough right now...edwin watts maybe.  DO NOT BUY ONE FROM BHM GOLF!  I will do some digging for a new one.

#18 slahitou

slahitou

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18810
  • Joined: 09/03/2006
  • Location:Buenos Aires / Florida
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Supermag just went down in price for october, if you want to pick one up make sure to custom order it with  Tour launch V2, Nv, Vs proto, etc, those shatfs will make the club much better for your swing.

#19 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

View Postslahitou, on Oct 13 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

Supermag just went down in price for october, if you want to pick one up make sure to custom order it with  Tour launch V2, Nv, Vs proto, etc, those shatfs will make the club much better for your swing.
Definately heed this advice and get the HMOI out of there fast!

#20 lwbj

lwbj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48953
  • Joined: 02/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

I have looked up and down on the web and haven't been able to find the Supermag new.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#21 Billytgolf

Billytgolf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108741
  • Joined: 05/29/2010
  • Ebay ID:billytgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

How did you end up liking the SR3 shaft?  I have them in my 4DX pro irons and like them.  I am wondering if a hybrid shaft would work in an iron as I have the 3 and 4 irons without shafts and some hybrids with the SR3 shafts.

Thanks,
'Bill




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors