Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

BagBoy Putter clip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Travel RN

Travel RN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64273
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Does anyone know if the bottom piece/ holder for the Putter clip on a BagBoy NXO Clip Lok bag will hold an extra large grip?  I have a Super Stroke grip on my putter and I am thinking about getting this bag.  I emailed BagBoy customer service, but didn't get a reply back.   Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 d0n

d0n

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34814

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'm not sure about the Clip Lok bag but I confirmed with my buddy who has the revolver, and it WILL fit in the revolver.  He said it will also fit in one of the main tubes in the top (by where the other clubs go.)  Apparently one of the club slots/tubes is extra wide.  I have a revolver too but I've never put a fat grip in it.  

Also just a little FYI, that external putting clip on the revolver (not sure if it's the same as the one on the Clip Lok) is not the most secure holder.  It was great in the beginning but after it got a little use, it dropped my putter on a bumpy off road session in the cart.  I drilled a hole in the top clip and ran a zip tie through it for a security measure.  I made a 4" circle with the zip tie so  the putter could easily slide in and out of it.  Now if my putter comes loose the zip tie loop will catch it and keep my putter safe.

**EDIT**  Found a little better picture at GolfSmith's site.  It doesn't show the bottom but the top external putter grip is the same (or similar clipping style) as the revolver.  Be careful, you could have the same problem as I reported above with the top clip letting the putter slip out.

Edited by d0n, 26 August 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#3 Mr Putts

Mr Putts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33729

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

View Postd0n, on Aug 26 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

Also just a little FYI, that external putting clip on the revolver (not sure if it's the same as the one on the Clip Lok) is not the most secure holder.  It was great in the beginning but after it got a little use, it dropped my putter on a bumpy off road session in the cart.  I drilled a hole in the top clip and ran a zip tie through it for a security measure.  I made a 4" circle with the zip tie so  the putter could easily slide in and out of it.  Now if my putter comes loose the zip tie loop will catch it and keep my putter safe.

I have the revolver and had a problem with the putter clip as well, but a different one.  There are 2 putter clips (one on the left and one on the right).  Each putter clip has two slots in them, designed to snugly hold the cart bag strap and they sit a little high.  You have to pull the strap UP to fit in the right strap, then across the bag to the 2nd putter clip, then pull it down a few inches to the strap buckle on the cart.  I decided I was tired of doing this, so I just pulled the strap across my bag, like you would with any bag.  Turns out the putter clips can pop off from the top.  Eventually the cart strap pushed the putter clip high enough that it slipped off, my putter ended up in the fairway, and I found out about it when I reached the green.  It just slid right back into place, no problem.

The moral of this story is you have to use the cart strap slits on the putter clip.  The revolver is a very nice cart bag, I highly recommend it, a really great idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors