Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2009 Taylormade Burner Driver

63 replies to this topic

#1 ArchangelGT

ArchangelGT

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23718
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:53 AM

Sorry if this is a re-post, haven't been on the forum lately

[attachment=292142:TM_2009_Burner.jpg]

[attachment=292189:TP_2009_Burner.jpg]

Supposed to be out in October with a TP version in early spring

*Edit Here is one more picture, and the press release with the things people here will care about in bold

TaylorMade Introduces New Burner Driver
SuperFast and Dual Crown Technologies Unite to Deliver Distance-Enhancing Speed and Launch Conditions

Burner Driver
CARLSBAD, Calif. (August 25, 2008) -TaylorMade® Golf has introduced its next generation of Burner® drivers, the Burner and Burner TP, both developed for players who love to swing big and bomb the ball long.

The Burner bloodline runs deep at TaylorMade. The first Burner driver was introduced in 1983, and was quickly embraced by tour professionals and serious golfers alike for its remarkable blend of power and forgiveness. The Burner Plus driver followed in 1986, then came the Burner Bubble in 1995. In 2007 TaylorMade introduced a new Burner driver, which was the best-selling driver for the 2007 full year and 2008 season to date. * The Tour Burner was launched in 2008, which Sergio Garcia used to win this year's Players Championship and is the most-played driver model on the PGA Tour this year. **

The 2007 Burner driver introduced golfers to an amazing development called SuperFast technology, allowing golfers to swing the club faster to produce greater distance. The Tour Burner driver, unveiled early this year, introduced an exceptionally important performance feature: Dual Crown technology. Reducing the size of the clubhead's crown while increasing the size of the base made it possible to lower the center of gravity significantly, promoting a higher launch angle and lower spin-rate - the launch conditions that promote greater distance.

The newest Burner driver ingeniously combines the SuperFast technology of the 2007 Burner with the Dual Crown technology of the Tour Burner. The result? A driver weighing less than 300 grams that promotes faster swing speed, a higher launch angle and lower spin-rate, equaling a dramatic boost in distance. The two best distance-producing technologies in years are combined in a single high-MOI driver.

"This club is an easy-to-swing distance machine, and is a slam-dunk to appeal to every player who's ever swung hard at a golf ball," said Harry Arnett, TaylorMade senior director, metalwood category, "or every player who's ever wanted to."

Burner's high-MOI titanium clubhead also features TaylorMade's Inverted Cone Technology, imbedded into the back of a clubface that boasts more real estate (in other words, the largest) than any other TaylorMade driver. That means you can miss the center of the clubface by a lot and still make the ball go far.

Burner Driver TP

Burner is equipped with a lightweight grip and SuperFast RE*AX® 49-gram graphite shaft in X, S, R, M and L flexes. Lofts include 9.5°, 10.5°, HT (high trajectory). Available in men's right-handed and left-handed; ladies' right-handed. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $400, and it becomes available at retail starting on October 1, 2008.

For tour professionals and better players, the Burner TP (Tour Preferred) was developed, which features a slightly open clubface and a choice of SuperFast 55- or 65-gram graphite shafts in X, S and R flexes. Lofts include 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5°. Available in men's right-handed and left-handed. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $500, and it becomes available at retail starting on March 30, 2009.

* Golf Datatech 2007 and 2008
** Darrell Survey PGA Tour Driver Model Count for 2008

About Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc. dba TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company
Taylor Made Golf Company has led the golf industry's technological revolution since the company was founded in 1979. TaylorMade metalwoods, irons and putters have been used to win hundreds of professional golf tournaments around the world. In 1998, TaylorMade became a wholly owned subsidiary of the adidas Group. adidas Golf footwear and apparel is the choice of hundreds of professional golfers around the world. Learn more about TaylorMade-adidas Golf and its brands at (800) 888-CLUB orwww.taylormadegolf.com, www.adidasgolf.com and www.tmag.com.

About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around three core segments such as adidas, Reebok and TaylorMade-adidas Golf. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 33,000 employees and sales of €10.3 billion.

Edited by ArchangelGT, 26 August 2008 - 10:19 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kitsoasis

kitsoasis

fried chicken

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38807
  • Ebay ID:kitsoasis
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:56 AM

someone say cobra speed?

#3 Boba

Boba

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15566
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:09 AM

View Postkitsoasis, on Aug 26 2008, 03:56 AM, said:

someone say cobra speed?

Sorry did you say ladies model?

#4 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:40 AM

for the love of god, this is why I will not buy another TM driver. :)
Epon 153 ~ Diamana Stinger 60s
OnOff LaboSpec TS358 ~ Crazy FW 80
Nike MM Proto ~ Aerotech i95
CF Vokey ~ Fuji MCI 120
Bettinardi Tour Stock DASS BB8 Proto

#5 kitsoasis

kitsoasis

fried chicken

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:55 AM

i actually don't mind them releasing new drivers every two days
except they don't release anything i like!
enough with the triangular heads already, when will there be a R580/R7 425 replacement?

#6 silliwilli

silliwilli

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40376
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:25 AM

Someone say photoshop?

#7 xdhammerbx

xdhammerbx

Sir Shanx Alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44281
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:38 AM

this should be interesting!

#8 silliwilli

silliwilli

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40376
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:42 AM

If this is true then I am kissing goodbye to Taylor Made. No need to be changing drivers as they have pretty much maxed out the limits on drivers and so new ones are just a re hash of exisitng technology. I would have understood had they brought out the R9 with moveable weights to sit alongside the Tour Burner but to replace it after what...3-4 months is just disgusting.

#9 kitsoasis

kitsoasis

fried chicken

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:47 AM

this would appear to be the regular Burner, I guess Taylor Made wants to replace clubs after one year, rather than the customary two

#10 jgpl

jgpl

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44902
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

I have been urging people to put the boot in TM and stop buying into their hype and products for the past two years. (They do make some quality gear, but much of it is nowhere near the quality of Titleist or Mizuno). If this is true then this is the last straw. How many more gimmicks can they come up with. Somebody please call STOP

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Cameron Carter

Cameron Carter

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19812
  • Ebay ID:lisarph83

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

Very surprised in this "possible release" as I assumed the tour burner was the burner replacement but this seems to be replacing the old burner not the tour burner.

Hopeful 2009 Line

R7 CGB Max Replacement
Superquad Replacement
Burner
Tour Burner

Edited by Cameron Carter, 26 August 2008 - 07:01 AM.

#12 Lsutiger

Lsutiger

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 766
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

What a joke. That being said, I'll still probaly buy one. Mr pocketbook hates Taylormade.

#13 Jonny8

Jonny8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34844
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

actually the Tour Burner is the replacement for the Superquad, not for the Burner

#14 bearnow22

bearnow22

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9162
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

I have played Taylormade the last 6 years for woods, I am desperately waiting the Titleist 909 series to hit the shelves.  I love the look of the driver.  For a new three wood I am actually thinking of an onlder 980f or a 904f.  I like the profile of those two a lot more.  For a new hybrid it is hard to not get a 585h and put a good shaft in it.....I am still leaning towards an adams hybrid.  Hard to argue with the tour presence.

#15 ArchangelGT

ArchangelGT

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23718
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

Add an additional pic and a the press release to the original post.

#16 TheRawEdge

TheRawEdge

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5386
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

YUK....

I dont see that ugly thing knocking the old 425TP out of the bag......NO WAY.  

On the other hand.....TM has been bringing a new driver to market at least 2 times per year, for YEARS.  Why in the world are you still surprised??  Get a grip, TaylorMade doesn't give 2 shakes whether you guys want the new drivers or not.  They are gonna make them, and people will buy them.
TaylorMade R11s 440 Elements Chrome 6F4T
TaylorMade 3W-5W RBZ II Ozik Black Tie
TaylorMade 3Hybrid RBZ II Ozik Black Tie
Adams Forged XTD 4 - PW Project X 6.0
Vokey TVD 52-M TVD 58-M Project X 6.0
Rossa Itsy Bitsy Spider Super Stroke 2.0

#17 jick

jick

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1957
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

Taylor Made is clearly motivated by greed.

For Ping and Callaway, it takes them almost two years to find a design better than their Rapture and FT series drivers, respectively.  They do careful research and won't release it unless its better.

Taylormade keeps churning out products left and right, with the new one not being an improvement over the previous product.  It's just releases for the sake of releasing, to drive up sales.

The two-month old Taylormade driver which is heavily discounted will thereafter destroy any resale value the current Taylormade owners have with their drivers.  So not only is Taylormade out to artificially create high unit sales by doing constant product introduction and closeout cycles, they are also out to kill the used club market.

Meanwhile, Callaway offers rebates with their pre-owned program.  Ping's strict pricing policies protect the end consumer and gives them high resale values for their clubs.

Taylormade is just out to make a quick buck.  I understand that the ultimate motive is profit, but it seems like Taylormade's business practices and highly immoral, unethical, and a threat to the core values most societies want to instill on their youth.

No other golf brand has ever been as motivated by greed as Taylormade has.  Sooner or later, this will all get back to them and they will stand to lose it all.

#18 TheRawEdge

TheRawEdge

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5386
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

View Postjick, on Aug 26 2008, 09:15 AM, said:

For Ping and Callaway, it takes them almost two years to find a design better than their Rapture and FT series drivers, respectively.  They do careful research and won't release it unless its better.

Taylormade keeps churning out products left and right, with the new one not being an improvement over the previous product.  It's just releases for the sake of releasing, to drive up sales.

The two-month old Taylormade driver which is heavily discounted will thereafter destroy any resale value the current Taylormade owners have with their drivers.  So not only is Taylormade out to artificially create high unit sales by doing constant product introduction and closeout cycles, they are also out to kill the used club market.

Meanwhile, Callaway offers rebates with their pre-owned program.  Ping's strict pricing policies protect the end consumer and gives them high resale values for their clubs.

Taylormade is just out to make a quick buck.  I understand that the ultimate motive is profit, but it seems like Taylormade's business practices and highly immoral, unethical, and a threat to the core values most societies want to instill on their youth.

No other golf brand has ever been as motivated by greed as Taylormade has.  Sooner or later, this will all get back to them and they will stand to lose it all.

I will let you in on a little secret........99.999% of the golfing world doesn't give a RAT's A$$ about the resale value of a golf club.  Heck, old golf clubs are dumped for PENNIES at garage sales all the time.  By the way, I am pretty sure that ALL the golf companies are out to make HUGE PROFITS.....believe me, they are not in business for anything else.
TaylorMade R11s 440 Elements Chrome 6F4T
TaylorMade 3W-5W RBZ II Ozik Black Tie
TaylorMade 3Hybrid RBZ II Ozik Black Tie
Adams Forged XTD 4 - PW Project X 6.0
Vokey TVD 52-M TVD 58-M Project X 6.0
Rossa Itsy Bitsy Spider Super Stroke 2.0

#19 sbjinx

sbjinx

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54679
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

So from reading the press release, it looks like they are doing away with the Matrix, Diamana & Fuji shaft offering for the TP model? I personally like the look of the previous Tour Burners but its my 2 cents.
SLDR 460 - Fujikura Pro 63x
SLDR 19* - Fujikura TS
TM TP - CB 4-5, MC 6-PW
Odyssey Versa #7 CS
SM5 52* F & 58* K
WITB Link

#20 irish

irish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6389

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Yawn.

New cosmetics, same head.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 madaboutgolf

madaboutgolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27259
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

found this also with pics of another R 7 !!

http://www.golfsmith...taylormadeclubs
Burner superfast 2 driver 10.5
Rbz 3 wood
callaway hawkeye 5 & 7 woods
RocketBladez 4 to sw
callaway supersoft
2 ball blade / nike e33

#22 CallawaySFH

CallawaySFH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30084

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

The new drivers look amazing. As for the people on here who think that TM launches to many drivers I ask you why you continue to buy them??? I played the Burner TP for years, and hit the Tour Burner TP with the same shaft, and I continued to play the Burner. If you do not agree with the new designs then simply do not buy them. But since no one on here has hit any of these drivers then we really do not know what they play or feel like. Afterall if companies only released things after 2 years... this site would be pretty boring.

#23 shoebox69

shoebox69

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1437
  • Ebay ID:shoebox69

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

Great comment that I fully agree with.  Its either greed or a flaw in the current model that they can only remedy by releasing a new model. I was a big TM fan but now its Ping or Callaway,

Edited by shoebox69, 26 August 2008 - 01:11 PM.

#24 pbcgolfer

pbcgolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41355
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

I don't understand why you guys keep saying " IM DONE WITH TAYLORMADE!!" they make some of the best clubs out there, just because they have more clubs out there than the others doesn't mean you should not buy their clubs. If anything you should be happy because tour burner prices will go down.

#25 need2compress

need2compress

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47052
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

I just want to know why Taylormade actually has a driver called Tour Burner Tour Preferred (TP)?  You should not call something tour if you already have a TP designation. Can someone explain this ?

#26 DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan

It�s not a hill, it�s a mountain...As you start out the clim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

That's right!  Companies like TM are threatening our core values!  Down with them all.  I'm on board that's why I sold my Exxon stock after that cracked $90 a share before the summer, because enough is enough!

Now I have to get back to my cave, Osama may be calling, can someone let me know what comes first for TM's doom, sooner or later?  I'm betting later, like maybe when golf is officially declared a game not a sport by the UN, the IOC, and the World Police.  I sure hope SPECTRE doesn't catch word of this.

#27 sweeet

sweeet

sweeet EH!

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60983

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

View PostDemolitionMan, on Aug 26 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

That's right!  Companies like TM are threatening our core values!  Down with them all.  I'm on board that's why I sold my Exxon stock after that cracked $90 a share before the summer, because enough is enough!

Now I have to get back to my cave, Osama may be calling, can someone let me know what comes first for TM's doom, sooner or later?  I'm betting later, like maybe when golf is officially declared a game not a sport by the UN, the IOC, and the World Police.  I sure hope SPECTRE doesn't catch word of this.
TM is pushing it by releasing new drivers every 5 mos but I agree with DM about their doom as I honestly don't see it happening any time soon. I don't think the average consumer cares about whether TM is in it for the money.. they just want the latest cutting-edge technology driver with hyper drive and other crap that will supposedly help them drive the ball 300+ yards :) .. and that alone will profit TM for many many more years to come

#28 sabre3487

sabre3487

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22182
  • Handicap:8.0
  • Ebay ID:Sabre3487

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

I don't get why people care how often new stuff comes out.  I am a huge taylormade guy and had an R5 TP, that I have been playing for years.  I always try Taylormade equipment first before straying.  At the driving range were I teach I saw a guy hitting the rapture, and hit it.  Fell in love and bought the driver.  I have been playing it for a year now!  Have not even tried another driver since beginning of last year.  

The last driver that came out when I got the rapture was the TM 460 Superquad TP black.  
As far as the "DE VALUE" come on who cares.  Either get fitted and buy whatever driver at whatever price plays the best for you.  If new stuff comes out and you want to try that is your thing.  Be thankfull there is something that came out to try!!

I could care less if taylormade released products every 2 months, as long as the qaulity in terms of craftmanship is fine, what if this new driver does allow you to hit the ball better.

The problem is all the people on this forum that claim to hit 3 woods 280 consistently, and play xx shafts, etcc...

Why do you think most guys on tour have like 3-4 of the same drivers (as close as possible)  And when they break thier favorite they freak out!!!  

Stick with getting fitted and play that!!!!

#29 superfaced

superfaced

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51266

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Looks like the put the top of the tour burner together with the bottom of the old burner.

Personally, I like how the Tour Burner looks better, but am wondering how this one is different, if anything more than costmetic?

#30 Pdougherty

Pdougherty

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24708

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Wow....

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors