Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Fun/ goofy tournament

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 cusephil

cusephil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17966
  • Ebay ID:CusePhil
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Have you guys ever played in a fun tournament where you might have to use a 7 iron for one hole, tee off from a chair on the next, and putt blindfolded on another?  I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a tournament and need some fun ideas.  Thanks guys.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 JBinAZ

JBinAZ

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58766
  • Ebay ID:Terzak

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hit a drive of off a T-ball stand.  It is hilarious, most ppl hit 6-18 inches low.

#3 Jodeew1004

Jodeew1004

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60286
  • Ebay ID:jadeew1004

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

One cool thing u can do if it is charity is sell the use of foot and hand wedges..  Like 5 dollars buys u 3 foot wedges and 2 hand wedges for the round..  So 3 times u can kick the ball and 2 time u can throw it without counting stokes that is always pretty funny..

#4 Mike_C

Mike_C

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18026
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

I played in one where you had to sit in a chair and tee off on one hole.

That was something I could have easily done when I was a kid, probably would have hit it about 240 back then out of the chair.  But in the tournament, I hit almost a trick shot.  Cold topped it, it went about 6 feet in front of me and somehow spun back just behind where I had teed it up..........  I'll never live that one down. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike_C, 02 September 2008 - 04:25 PM.

#5 Feddyvon

Feddyvon

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55615
  • Ebay ID:fed25
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

Played in a tournament last year that had a couple in-games to play.  One was a club toss.  They had an old 6 iron, and you could throw it as far as possible.  You had the option of teeing off from where it landed.  Most people couldn't find the fairway, so it was pretty amusing.  The other was a football toss, same concept.  I got lucky and threw it on the women's tee about 35 yards ahead, so we got real close on a Par 4.  This was all in a 4 man Scramble.

#6 orlandor

orlandor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10160

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

I have heard of taking the pin out on a Par 5 so the group doesn't know where the pin is until they are close. Also, I have seen the pin and cup put into a sandtrap. You can even make them tee off with the oldest persimmon clubs you can find for a hole.

#7 Nelson A

Nelson A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123446
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Once went to a Halloween tourney!

#8 tider992010

tider992010

tider992010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132592

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I do an annual golf tourney each year with tricked up holes.  We have done seval different things:  
1) was hit an illegal driver off with the other hand, if right handed, hit left and so on.
2) make an 8" cup on a par three and call it a "Big As... Hole".  
3)  One hole play back tees and next hole play front tees.
4) The best reaction was to build goal posts from PVC and make it the straightest drive, get three strokes off if   
you make the drive like a field goal.  
5) did a putting contest with hockey sticks like Happy Gilmore.  
I got the idea from another site for a Halloween Golf Tourney named "Hell Day".
This year the tourney will have a theme of "Swamp People" because we have a crawfish boil after.  Try to tie it in with Louisiana.  

#9 VinceFurnier

VinceFurnier

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126072
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I played in a tourney where we teed off with racquet balls on a short par 3. I think I hit 5 iron like 115 yards. Good fun.

#10 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1133

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Air Canon hole !

Attached Files

Edited by Kadin 25, 17 January 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
Editor Product Reviews
Product Tester/Review Panel
Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
See ya on the green...Kadin

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151201
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Here is the email I got this year around halloween

NHGC TOUGHMAN
Andy and Kevin's Revenge

"Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're going to lock me up and throw away the key..."

~  Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

2 Person Scramble
Date:11/10/2012
Time:10am Shotgun
Entry Fee:$50 public, $25 annual pass holders

Includes Cart, Green Fee, Lunch at turn, and Prizes

Format:

This will be a standard 2 man scramble with a few twists thrown in. Andy will set the course up as he chooses and all players will have to play the course as they find it. You don't have any idea what to expect from tractors on fairways, fences around greens, holes on slopes, tee boxes in unusual places, and whatever else we may think of.  This will be a handicapped event.  All participants must have a valid USGA handicap. Teams will receive 50% of their average handicap.  Partners may not be more than a 10 handicap difference.  

NO MULLIGANS
Those are for wimps!

NO WHINING
The pins will be tucked, really tucked!  And if we're lucky the wind will blow! Any whining will result in the amount of penalty Andy or Kevin deem appropriate

#12 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cross Country!!!

I really want my home course to do this.

Basically tee off on one hole, but finish on a different green. You're forced to plot your way around in a really odd way... trees, corners, etc. Maybe 6 holes or something with pars 3, 4, 5 and 6 depending on your layout.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#13 Doc420

Doc420

# SLDR Challenge

• 1,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19444
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Postfinalist, on 16 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Cross Country!!!

I really want my home course to do this.

Basically tee off on one hole, but finish on a different green. You're forced to plot your way around in a really odd way... trees, corners, etc. Maybe 6 holes or something with pars 3, 4, 5 and 6 depending on your layout.
We have done some cross country tournaments at our course, but we have 36 holes to mess with so we had a bunch of holes that were over 1000, I think the avg. distance was like 700. It was fun.
We also have done drunk night golf the day before a invitational, that was really fun. I play better short game in the dark when I can't see. no more blow chips, and pitches.

#14 Rusty88

Rusty88

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164981
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

I play in a charity event each year.

Holes include.

short par 4 tee off with pitching wedge.
5iron only
happy gilmore tee off.
worst drive hole (you have to play the worst drive)
impossible put (put the hole on a ridge)
tee off with a hockey stick
tee off on a tractor tire.
no flag
port hole (pay $5 for a shot of port then tee off using your plastic port glass on a short par 3 get ten back if your on the green)
gamble hole (pay $5 if you land on the hole you get $10 back, pick a hard par 3)

Funny thing about the $5 holes are they arent optional however if you dont participate its a $5 fine. its for charity right, and they guilt you when you win to donate it all back to charity.

im sure google will have some up there.

#15 Riogolfer

Riogolfer

Houston WRX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36044
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Greenskeepers revenge! Pins are in some nasty places and some holes are cut just big enough to fit the ball in.

Nike Covert 2.0 Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 913F 13.5* Diamana
Titleist 910H 21* Matrix Ozik
Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw Kbs Tour X
Titleist Vokey SM5 50/56/62
The "MACHINE" M2A Adjuster

#16 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188626
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Played in a scramble one time and we walked up to the tee on a par 3 and there were two sets of clubs on the tee and if you were right handed you hit left handed and vise versa but was only the tee shot the rest of the hole was regular play.

#17 hath27

hath27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207695

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Last summer I played in a 4-person best ball tournament that benefitted the local high school golf team.  It was played at a course that featured a 9 hole executive course, and a 9 hole par3 course. You could purchase mulligans for $1 each.
The 9 hole executive course play was pretty normal except for prizes for longest drive, shortest drive, closest to pin.  But when we got to the par 3 course is when it got interesting.
- tee off with a marshmallow
- roll a dice to see what club you hit with - i.e. 1=driver, 6=putter.
- hit with pawn shop (junk) club (limited selection)
- one hole we paid a high school team member to hit for us.
- another hole if we could hit closer to pin than a highschool member, we got a free mulligan to use elsewhere

#18 esketores

esketores

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120324
  • Ebay ID:Hbarrel
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I like...
tee off opposite hand
Roll the dice
Air canon
PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17 / 910h 24 & 27
Titleist 913Hd 20
Ping G15's with UST Recoils F3
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56
Protype ix #9HT putter

#19 Bitz22

Bitz22

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120887
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Played one where instead of chair, it was a toilet on plywood.  I'll post my picture when I get a chance.  Teed of with a cut-off 5 iron, you have to decide if you get on your knees or kill your back!

#20 memphishorn

memphishorn

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10524
  • Ebay ID:memphishorn
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

I have played a course that has so much water that it's very difficult to play all 18 holes with one ball. The idea is issue 1 ball to each player on the first tee and when you lose it you're done. For those who want to play with a 7 iron all the way around it's still low score wins with most holes played.

Titleist 910 D2 Kali Stiff
Exotics CB2 15* YS6 Stiff
Bobby Jones H3 21* Hybrid
Titleist AP1 4-GW S300HL
Vokey Wedges 56.11 / 60.04 oil can
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic Gun Blue

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Rusty88

Rusty88

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164981
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Similar to post above. A game played at a local comp. everyone starts off number 1. It's essentially stroke however once you have used up all your shots you pick up the ball. First group takes a marker and once the last person is finished with their handicap strokes they place the marker in the middle of the fairway. Next person or group if they beat that person pick up the marker and put it where they finish. Most people are out at hole 15-16 and the winner is usually half way down the second hole essentially making 19.5 holes. It's embarrassing If your having a bad day and your out by hole 13. Long walk back to the clubhouse. Longest I've seen is tee of own hole 4. 31 handicapper had a good day.

#22 XJared

XJared

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75475
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Posttider992010, on 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I do an annual golf tourney each year with tricked up holes.  We have done seval different things:  
1) was hit an illegal driver off with the other hand, if right handed, hit left and so on.
2) make an 8" cup on a par three and call it a "Big As... Hole".  
3)  One hole play back tees and next hole play front tees.
4) The best reaction was to build goal posts from PVC and make it the straightest drive, get three strokes off if   
you make the drive like a field goal.  
5) did a putting contest with hockey sticks like Happy Gilmore.  
I got the idea from another site for a Halloween Golf Tourney named "Hell Day".
This year the tourney will have a theme of "Swamp People" because we have a crawfish boil after.  Try to tie it in with Louisiana.  

Sounds like a lot of fun!

#23 KNGR5150

KNGR5150

• 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205967
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Played in 4 man scramble where on one par 4 they had 4 cards and each one on your team pulled a card. The cards said iehter putter, iron, wedge or wood. Whatever the card said is what you had to play for the whole hole in. Was a blast to play.

#24 Imp

Imp

Fueled

• 2,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Handicap:12.9
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostRiogolfer, on 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

Greenskeepers revenge! Pins are in some nasty places
Bah, my local 9 hole, that's any time the Yankees lose. If the Yanks lose tot he Red Sox?  :lol: Barely legal pin placement. :lol:

Played a scramble where everyone started off from the whites...

The score on the previous hole determined what you used to tee off from on the next hole.
Better than par = Tips
Par = Mid tees
Bogey+ = Forward tees

I like the idea of the pulling the card to pick a club or roll the dice. Never saw those before. Might suggest them.

--kC

RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

#25 Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69095
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Our family outing had a "screwball" green. Took a ball and put two drywall screws in from opposite poles, sticking out about half an inch. You could line it up so the screws wouldn't hit your putter face, if you caught it just right, it would roll pretty straight, but as soon as it gets a little off axis, it jumps all over the place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors