Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

EASIEST PUTTER TO AIM

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jet

jet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91125
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:21 AM

Which putter design offers the easiest aim in your opinion ?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 villa

villa

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9942
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:50 AM

I'm personally not a big fan of mallets because of the way they swing and especially not the 2-ball range but you can't dispute the fact they're the easiest putters to align. Also up there are the Bobby Grace MOI putters and the Never Compromise Voodoo series.

Are you having problems with alignment or was it just a general question?

#3 TheReptilia

TheReptilia

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9719
  • Ebay ID:thereptilia
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:52 AM

Alot of people say Ping is the best and easyest

#4 peteman29

peteman29

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10358
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

It's a question of circles or lines and which one works better for me. I used a 2 Ball dfx for about a year and thought it was easy to align but I struggled for a year with the TM Rossa Monza, it was hard to allign and was far too heavy. I now prefer a smaller blade style putter with a single straight line for allignment, I am currently playing the TM Rossa Daytona 1 cgb and I've never putted better.

#5 gslabbert

gslabbert

Senior Tour Hack !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8538
  • Ebay ID:slabbert

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

For me the 2006 Guerine Rife 2 bar mallet. It has 2 bars for sight lines, then a white line in the middle for sighting as a notch in the head that lines up with the white line to aid in setting up with the same lie angle every time.

[attachment=24105:attachment]

#6 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9000

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

i had a ping doc and it aimed pretty good, just no feel for distance outside of 15 feet.in centre shaft it aims really really well

#7 pitbull808

pitbull808

Putter Hoarder

• Marshals
  • 8,504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

I'm may be biased because this putter is in my bag, but one of the reason's I "fell" for the Del Mar 3.5 immediately was that it was so easy for me to line up.  The vertical whie line give me a better visual on the angle of the face and the horizontal for the target line.  

Posted Image

#8 abewley

abewley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 876
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

i agree with the bobby grace MOI... when my putting getts off.. i go back to my BG moi.. super easy... i would let it go if your interested.

#9 kkhere

kkhere

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1660

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:26 PM

In my opinion Nickent Pipe wins this category easily

#10 pshyeah

pshyeah

Take all you can, give nothing back. - Jack Sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7879

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

View Postkkhere, on Feb 8 2006, 05:26 PM, said:

In my opinion Nickent Pipe wins this category easily
I agree, and plus I love the way that putter feels.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Gallery_Jonathansv8_*

Gallery_Jonathansv8_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

View Postgslabbert, on Feb 8 2006, 02:38 AM, said:

For me the 2006 Guerine Rife 2 bar mallet. It has 2 bars for sight lines, then a white line in the middle for sighting as a notch in the head that lines up with the white line to aid in setting up with the same lie angle every time.

Attachment attachment

I'm going to agree with the Rife. Plus, how cool is it that it comes with a nice leather case and interchangeable weights?

#12 cmarkmyers

cmarkmyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9581

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

I really like pitbull's Del Mar putter with that 'T' alignment thing.  The Ben Hogan Bettinardi Hawk and Baby Ben putters have an alignment system like that.  Unfortunatly, I just don't like the look and size of those putters.  I messed around with one of these the other day and just could not get comfortable with it.

The Macgregor Bobby Grace putters are not bad either, I would prefer the Mini GT for its smaller size.  I putted around with one of these also but just could not pull the trigger on it.

And the Frankly Golf Frog Putters also have that, but I have never seen one anywhere so who knows how they feel.

#13 hayam

hayam

Say Yes to KoolAide.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 682
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

golfwork ..

Posted Image
picture

#14 The Big Pinch

The Big Pinch

God Bless America!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7665
  • Ebay ID:ezpincher
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:13 AM

PING G5 craze.

#15 tksputters

tksputters

Advanced

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2403

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:04 PM

View PostJET, on Feb 8 2006, 04:21 AM, said:

Which putter design offers the easiest aim in your opinion ?

Black chrome center shaft Bettinardi baby bee prototype

#16 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 2,112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:56 AM

The answer to this question varies greatly depending on the person.  There is a guy in Reedsport OR named David Edel (www.edelgolf.com) that has created the most amazing putter fitting system I have ever seen.  He has a fit cart and from this cart he can create over 10,000,000 different putter combination.  The basis of his fitting system is that players should be playing the putter that gets them aimed at the hole correctly.  The amazing thing is watching him fit someone and watching as their aim changed dramatically just by him changing the head style, the offset, hosel design, different sightlines even length and lie severly effect your aim.  It is also amazing watching someone who has been putting with an ill fitting putter drain putt after putt after putt with their correct fit putter.  He has done this literally hundreds of thousands of times and he told me that the average person is off about 13 inches on their aim on a 6 footer.  Turn that 6 footer into a 50 foot lag and the average person is now just over 10 feet off on their aim.  This is serious stuff.  I have personally watched him fit about 10 people and not 1 of them was even very close with aim on their own current putter and then within minutes of David working with them to find the right putter they are all aiming dead inside the center of the hole.  I watched a + handicapper yesterday go through a fitting they had been using the same putter for over 5 years and his aim was off about 8 inches to the left on that first test 6 footer.  (and before we did this he said his #1 putting problem was missing putts left inside 10 feet..... wonder why!)  Then after about 10 minutes David found his correct fit putter and he was aiming perfect.  He then went out on the practice green and drained 15 8 footers in a row on the spot and then proceeded to have his best putting day in years (25 putts) while shooting 69 at Bandon Trails (on greens that are VERY tough and on a course he had not played before) later that afternoon.  Bottom line is I am sure most of you guys out there think you are aimed correct and that you have a putter that fits you well.  Bottom line is 99% of you are dead wrong.
11* TM SLDR 430 TP Japan Spec w/ Project X v39
12* TM SLDR Mini Driver w/ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 65
17* Titleist 913F w/ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 75
20* Adams Pro Mini Hybrid w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 95
4-PW Scratch Handmade LCG Chocolate Blades w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 110
54* Scratch Handmade DOG grind w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 125
60* Scratch Armory Handmade SLT grind w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 125
Scratch by James Ingles Handmade Copper pear shaped mini mallet with hand engraving
Ari Techner
President/CEO
Scratch Golf Clubs
ari@scratchgolf.com

*****PLEASE EMAIL ME INSTEAD OF PM FOR A FASTER RESPONSE*****

#17 kwantfm

kwantfm

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 936

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:46 AM

Fairway Fred,

Thanks for the great post.  I'm now annoyed that there isn't a fitting centre in Australia.

#18 scottyfreak2

scottyfreak2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10266

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:48 PM

Red X the 3 sight lines help me line up.

#19 Redbird

Redbird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2051
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

For me the Never Compromise GM2 is the easiest to line up, but that could just be my eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors