Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TaylorMade Tour serial numbers? How do I know for sure??

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 irnst7

irnst7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10792
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

How do I know for sure if a TM driver is tour issue? I've owned plenty of tour issued TM drivers in the past. Most have had the TXXXXX serial number with the letter C, B, or the number 2 above the serial number. Some have had two rowes of numbers, and some with no serial # at all. Has anyone seen a TaylorMade tour issue head with the number starting the number 4XXXX, and the B above? Thanks...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 irnst7

irnst7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10792

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

Thanks.R7TP_.jpg

#3 stevemac

stevemac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2945
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

just picked up a 425 TP  tour with an 8 number/letter combo and the B- :drinks:

#4 MR.PINCHY

MR.PINCHY

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8795

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

so you're saying that it isn't tour???

wow,

i almost bought this too...

this was posted on TSG BST, and made him an offer, which he liked it, but preferred cash better..

and noticed it couple days ago posted on the ebay...

lol

im confused!!!

#5 tickyboy

tickyboy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2512
  • Ebay ID:tickyboy
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

"Know your source" :drinks:

The originals started without serials, then moved to the Txxxx, Zxxxx, two serial numbers (B, C, 3B, on top of Txxxx).  I know the original r7 TP had Txxxx for retail models.  JC knows more than I do, so the Txxxx on the 425 r7 should signify tour issued.

FT Tour 8.5
9032TI 14.5
Super Hybrid 19*
T-Zoid Pro II 4-PW
MPT-4 52, MPT-11 56, 60
Futura

#6 NPVWhiz

NPVWhiz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11443
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

View Postchampx2, on Feb 7 2006, 12:20 AM, said:

View Posttickyboy, on Feb 6 2006, 11:38 PM, said:

"Know your source" :drinks:

The originals started without serials, then moved to the Txxxx, Zxxxx, two serial numbers (B, C, 3B, on top of Txxxx). I know the original r7 TP had Txxxx for retail models. JC knows more than I do, so the Txxxx on the 425 r7 should signify tour issued.

True if you go back as far as the original 510 deef face 390cc. No serial numbers, no TP badge and Titanium on the toe. There was never a retail 510 DF. The 510 TP is where it started to get confusing. Especially when some sellers were sanding off the retail serial numbers.

My 510DF had no serial number.  I haven't kept up with formats since I sold my 580XD TP, which had the (apparently) 500 Series TXXXX format (with a B).  It looked like TM was keeping with the T format, but with 5 digits and with the superscript, but I've only seen a few R7 examples.  I have no clue what they're doing with the 425 or any of the other prototypes.  

I still have an 300 Tour 8 degree head that had "89" as a serial number, clearly a non-retail head, but with at least some type of serial number.  As best I could guess, this was a very early head in the 300 Tour lifespan...it had a very early graphics YS-10 GD in it when I bought it.

#7 Ace In The Hole

Ace In The Hole

What blocks growth is ignorance.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23701
  • Ebay ID:caferacer19
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

Ok I know this is a very old thread, but I just need to clarify what is probably a stupid question. So a Tour 425 TP serial number will start with T then have numbers behind or will it actually have XXXX or are guys just using the XXX to say it could be any number? Like a serial number T44923 is tour or it is actually TXXXXX?

Thanks

#8 kamtile

kamtile

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38984
  • Ebay ID:keithmc0350
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

View Poststevemac, on Feb 6 2006, 05:06 PM, said:

just picked up a 425 TP tour with an 8 number/letter combo and the B- ;)
The first batch of 460s had all numeric serial numbers with no T ,but did have a B stamp near the ferrule . Your 425 is pulled from retail stock ,core tested and put in the tour bin .This generally happens so they have a few heads on hand with a closed face angles which a few tour players prefer .So ,is it tour ? I would say yes even though it wasnt cast with the other tour heads .

#9 Ace In The Hole

Ace In The Hole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Interesting I bought it thinking it was a retail 425, it has an early modle Fuji 757 x-flex shaft in it as well. Would I be out of line to list it as a tour issue club if I was to ever sell it.

#10 r34civic

r34civic

Fighting the two way miss

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36136
  • Ebay ID:cmoses0609

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

View PostAce In The Hole, on Jan 22 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

Ok I know this is a very old thread, but I just need to clarify what is probably a stupid question. So a Tour 425 TP serial number will start with T then have numbers behind or will it actually have XXXX or are guys just using the XXX to say it could be any number? Like a serial number T44923 is tour or it is actually TXXXXX?

Thanks

The tour drivers with have the T followed by actual numbers not XXXX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 DoubleBogeyDawg

DoubleBogeyDawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44373

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:19 PM

Saw this on FleaBay and I'm curious as to the accuracy of the this statement:

You are bidding on a very rare brand new, IN THE PLASTIC never hit a ball Taylormade TOUR ISSUE  Superquad TP head. It is a 8.5 loft and has never hit a ball.  This tour issue head has a regular serial number with the B stamp to authenticate tour van pedigree. From time to time TaylorMade tour deptartment will use some HAND PICKED regular serial numbered heads that pass the rigorous tour dept demands.... these heads are then sent to the tour van where they are COR tested by the USGA for tour use which is where they receive the circle cut in the platic on the face for testing and eventually the "B" stamp upon passage of the COR test making it ready for tour use.  Dont miss out on this rare AUTHENTIC tour head!!!

#12 jimmyv1x

jimmyv1x

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36634
  • Ebay ID:jamesv8524

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

So are you saying that a R7 Quad TP with a Txxxxx serial number is retail not tour issue?

#13 flavaflave

flavaflave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41620
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:06 AM

When in doubt, ask your seller for the serial number and run it through Taylor Made.  If it seems phishy, check it out.  They have record of all of their retail clubs.  If they find it in their computer, its not tour.  Its one way to catch the crooks out there.

#14 LONG&STR8

LONG&STR8

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28371
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

View PostDoubleBogeyDawg, on Jan 22 2008, 06:19 PM, said:

Saw this on FleaBay and I'm curious as to the accuracy of the this statement:

You are bidding on a very rare brand new, IN THE PLASTIC never hit a ball Taylormade TOUR ISSUE  Superquad TP head. It is a 8.5 loft and has never hit a ball.  This tour issue head has a regular serial number with the B stamp to authenticate tour van pedigree. From time to time TaylorMade tour deptartment will use some HAND PICKED regular serial numbered heads that pass the rigorous tour dept demands.... these heads are then sent to the tour van where they are COR tested by the USGA for tour use which is where they receive the circle cut in the platic on the face for testing and eventually the "B" stamp upon passage of the COR test making it ready for tour use.  Dont miss out on this rare AUTHENTIC tour head!!!

This seller has 2 negative feedbacks in the last 30 days and averages one a month.  I don't think TM would ever run out of Txxxxx head and would have to use a retail head. Also, if they needed a closed face they could just as easily bend it back closed just like they bend them open so I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot shaft.

Every tour head I've bought from TM has had the T followed by numbers and an inverted B etched (incuding the R7 quad TP) if it passed the COR test and no B if it didn't pass it or wasn't tested. Some of the fairway woods don't have any serial number on them. Other than that I wouldn't spend my $ and that's my $.02 which I'm putting in the bank to collect interest.

Also, keep in mind that TM and the superquads are thee most counterfeited clubs of any brand closely followed by Callaway.

#15 Ace In The Hole

Ace In The Hole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

So my older 425 TP has the T serial number but no inverted B, What does this mean?

#16 floyd

floyd

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4795
  • Handicap:+2.3
  • Ebay ID:malloryfloyd
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

I have had a few that had the "B" stamp and a retail serial number that were tour, how do I know they were tour? I have a very close friend who actually got them at a tour stop, I have had two that had the retail serial, Txxxx serial and the "B" stamp.

#17 Siwash23

Siwash23

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4332

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

View PostAce In The Hole, on Jan 23 2008, 08:00 AM, said:

So my older 425 TP has the T serial number but no inverted B, What does this mean?

It was never CT tested.

#18 Siwash23

Siwash23

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4332

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

View Postjimmyv1x, on Jan 22 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

So are you saying that a R7 Quad TP with a Txxxxx serial number is retail not tour issue?

Who said that?  The T serial number indicates tour.  A B stamp above or below that will show it was CT tested for the tour.  A retail serial number will begin with a number and have many more characters.

#19 ErichZF

ErichZF

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2077
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:ErichZF
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:36 PM