Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sore elbow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 allen walls

allen walls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53341
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

I'm right handed and my elbow/tendon is sore on my right arm on the outside, everything I've read about golf elbow says it occurs on the inside of the elbow so does this mean this pain i'm feeling is not golf related and due to something else? Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,630 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 2918

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

On the outside of the elbow it is lateral epicondilytis, or "tennis elbow". It is a repetitive stress injury. I ice mine, wear a forearm strap, and switched to graphite shafts. You should get it checked out to be sure.
Mizuno MP 630 10.5º Claymore MX60 F5
TM JetSpeed 17º Diamana 83x5ct
TM TP MB's 3-PW SteelFiber i95
588 RTX CB 52º/58ºMiyazaki C Kua 95
TM Spider Blade 38"

#3 Kell178ly

Kell178ly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61936

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

I agree it does sound very similar to tennis elbow. You probably need to adjust your form in your swings. I had this similar problem, but it was a constant ache in my forearm during and after I finished playing. I would do simple arm stretches and exercises, but they didn't seem to help. A friend suggested I take Recovsport by Stolle Wellness and it really decreased the length of time of my soreness. It also helped my stay energized throughout the game, the walking tended to wear me out by only the 6th hole! Anyway hoped this helped.

#4 pocketfulladoubles

pocketfulladoubles

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37984

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

You're not hitting off mats at the range are you? Great way to hurt yourself. Stick to grass.

#5 blade_man

blade_man

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47994
  • Ebay ID:napaman
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Might try sensicore inserts, fairly cheap and easy to install. It will take some of the shock off your elbow and arms.

#6 mgc

mgc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32090

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

I had the same problem - my physio told me that elbow problems can be helped by strengthening your wrists, I guess when your wrists are strong they take more of the stress.

I got a "rubber donut" at a fitness store and you squeeze it, just like a tennis ball. These disks come in different resistance levels to match your strength. I've been doing about 5 minutes a day on the donut and my elbow problems have gone away.

#7 weten2

weten2

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35955
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

I have tennis elbow on my left elbow (right handed) from golf.The ortho doc gave me a cortizone shot which helped only for 2 weeks and the pain came back. I'm 59 and have had mine for 10 months. It is finally healing. I haven't been religious with all the therpy, however feel the following helps: soft thicker grips (Winn DSI), good arm brace (Bandit, online), soft icepad with compression elevated for 30 minutes at a time, reverse curls with very light weight helping the weight up and full weight going down. The doc thinks the tennis elbow is caused from a fault in my swing or lack of flexibility.
Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors