Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Bang-O-Matic Titanium

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Bang-O-Matic Titanium (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:08 PM

BOM.gif

Bang-O-Matic Titanium Driver

This club is assembled with your choice of graphite shaft and grip.

First off this head is cast! Casting is 2 to 2 1/2 times more then forging and you must have a tooling made for each loft versus (1) tooling for all lofts on forgings! Is casting better then forging? No! Just more consistent! But to accomplish what we wanted to which is Flow Alignment (FA) I had to cast! What is Flow Alignment (FA)? Flow alignment direct more energy from club head to ball with less dispersion. Most Modern day drivers deliver 78% of the proper directional energy toward the ball with 22% dispersion of energy....With the unique Flow Alignment System the energy transfer is 94% directional energy! This makes for straighter and greater....! We also added a bit more weight to the hosel for draw bias and a deeper bore..The head size is 460cc although it looks more like 400cc. We wanted to optimize performance, while have it appeal to to players that dislike Great Big heads!

The finished product is Black to match all shafts - 5 coats of Gloss Black non-peel resistant paint. It will include a high quality headcover! When you see the Bang-O-Matic you will be dazzled by this type of quality in original design.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Used2BGood

Used2BGood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12479
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

I have the 401cc version of the BOM with an Aldila NV75.  This is the best combo I have ever owned to date.  Not only is this club long, it is also very consistent and accurate.  Aesthetics are very pleasing and sets up easily.  Feel is on the hollow side, which I don't really prefer but I have gotten used to it.  Sound is also on the hollow side but nice and quiet.  A well struck ball simply explodes of the face climbs high and flattens out.  Especially considering the price, this club is a flat out performer.

#3 tarheel

tarheel

Tar Heel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8319
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:09 AM

i bought one with an accuflex vs339 prototype ... loved it for 4 weeks, then swapped the shaft to an penley eta 75s, loved it for another 4 weeks, got injured, swapped it for an eta tour-s, then decided that i was wasting too much energy trying to blast it and now have an eta55s on it.

long club. agree with the hollow tin-can sound, but if you strike it dead-center, it'll just fly and fly. with the accuflex, it was a middling height flight path; max i did was 285m on a flat (maybe 1* uphill) course with the wind coming left to right (with trees lining the right fairway). so i hit a draw. it runs a lot with this shaft. great for windy courses.

with the eta combinations, the ball flight is higher, it launches quickly flies to a peak and then flattens out and usually stops dead. it gets more hangtime naturally, but is a pain with a headwind. max 290m. most go around 250-260m. the shaft feel is lively, which was what i wanted and hence chose to go with the penleys. but penley shafts are a pain to get going ... you've got to work it before it works for you.

i think a diamana or fuji 661/652/six are probably better shafts since they are plug & play types. probably only need to whack it a dozen or so times to get a sense of what the combination can do and it'll almost always play similarly.

#4 dukerudy

dukerudy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14579
  • Ebay ID:dukerudy

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

How much for just a head?

#5 testwigs

testwigs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6295

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:30 PM

Cost is in the $140 area.

#6 duckhook

duckhook

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21466
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:53 AM

I'm a little better than scratch and I've been using the 460 Bang-o-Matic for about 2 years. Accuflex Evolution S shaft. 10.5 loft.  I gained about 20 yards when I made the switch 2 years ago (from a Titleist 983).

I keep thinking I need a new driver.  I looked into the HiBore and the Rapture recently.  But the monitor and on-course testing shows I still hit the Bang a little further and a little straighter.

Unfortunately the look turns people off.  So my buddies will rip it on the range, and go back to what I consider completely inferior products like the TM drivers.

Someday it will come out of my bag...maybe for the new Titleist 907D2.  But until then, I'm sticking with what works for me.

#7 300+

300+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25562

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

I love the Bang-O-Matic!!!
I have a 6* head on a Accuflex ProLD shaft 50" total length.
This is one of my favorite head shaft combo for long drive competitions.

#8 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34298

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

only problem is with the bom that although they hit miles they break very easily

#9 nipoleon

nipoleon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38052

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Where might I find a long drive competition in Southern Ca.?

#10 marcozhere

marcozhere

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38117

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

extremeld what do you mean when you say that the BOM head breaks, i thought the head was made of beta titanium?
i have a callaway FT-i 10 deg with fuji speeder 576 reg shaft, i like this driver, i've been playing golf for 11 months now and have a lot to learn, my main problem when driving is that i tend to slice but am getting better as time goes on, i can drive about 250 yds.
i became aware of longdriving with jason zuback etc and naievely bought a king cobra speed ld f head and graffaloy epic 47 inch shaft but it was like wielding a claymore sword!!
so i sold it, but i've always fancied the bang-o-matic because it seems to be successfull in longdriving, i just dont know if i should get one?
is it not true to say that if i wanted more distance i would need to increase clubhead speed?
is it not also true to say that there is no advantage in distance by using a longer shaft (which generally are stiff flexs to x stiff or even xxx-x stiff!) if i cant swing faster than a reg flex speed?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

WHEN I SAY THE BANG O MATIC BREAKS EASILY I MEAN IT BREAKS, IT IS SUPER THIN WHICH YOU WILL SEE IF YOU BREAK IT!

I BROKE SO MUCH BANG GOLF EQUIPMENT AT THE START OF THIS YEAR I STOPPED COUNTING AT 10 HEADS NEVER MIND THE BANG STORM SHAFT!!

USE A LONGER SHAFT ITS FINE, THERE IS NO REASON WHY A SLOW SWINGER CANT HIT A MAX LENGTH DRIVER.

YOU CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT BEING FAST, YOU CAN SWING NOT HIT, THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE OF COURSE AND YOU MAY BE HOPELESS WITH A LONGER SHAFT!

I BROKE LOTS OF BANG O MATIC A COUPLE OF BANG STORM AND WITHIN SECONDS THE BANG P3 HEADS, I DID HAVE THEM ALL ON LONGDRIVE SHAFTS AND WAS GENERATING AVERAGE FOR 12 BALL SWING SPEEDS OF BETWEEN 141 AND 145MPH

AT SLOWER SPEEDS BANG I AM SURE IS A NICE CLUB, AS FOR ADDING 20 YARDS THAT IS MUCH MORE DOWN TO THE SHAFT THAN THE CLUB, NEARLY ALL DRIVERS HAVE .83 COR SO THE ENERGY TRANSFER IS IDENTICAL, THE HEAD WEIGHTS ARE MUCH THE SAME, THE SHAFT IS THE ENGINE OF THE CLUB, GET A LIGHTER SHAFT HIT IT FURTHER!

I WON A GOLF SHOW IN THE UK WITH 380YARD DRIVE WITH A STANDARD MACGREGOR DRIVER BUT I HIT THE LONGEST DRIVE WITH A REGULAR FLEX CLUB NOT THE X STIFF!! I WON BY OVER 30 YARDS

K

#12 690MB

690MB

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8785

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

View Post300+, on Apr 8 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I love the Bang-O-Matic!!!
I have a 6* head on a Accuflex ProLD shaft 50" total length.
This is one of my favorite head shaft combo for long drive competitions.

Is this driver also availible in lefthanded, and if so where can I find one?

#13 222yards

222yards

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44763

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

I have the Bang P3, Bangstorm LD shaft, 3* loft, 5x stiff shaft, and it is a really good club. I am looking for a junior long drive competition in the NE area.

#14 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

you have had your bang p3 for at least 2 weeks now - is it still whole?

the bang storm shaft is fairly rotton - many better ones available and the p3 head isnt meant for longdrive as it breaks even easier than other bang heads

#15 3putt53

3putt53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46809

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

I've been playing a TM R5 Dual TP 9.5 loft and stock Fuji shaft. Hit it plenty long but occassional wild hooks. Added heavier weights and got swing weight to D5 - hit it a lot straighter and 15-20 yards longer (avg. 275-285)
Went to a simulator a couple of weeks ago (weather in Ohio sucks right now).
Tried a BOM 6 degree with a Graman 440 shaft (S flex) 46.5" total length.
Hit the ball plenty high - straighter than the TM and had one drive carry 339. Most drives were in the 310 yard range. Swing speed avg. 110 MPH I probably hit 90 balls over the course of the next couple days with this driver and haven't seen any problem with breakage. The driver was one the owner used in LD contests in Ohio and has seen more hits than I would probably give it in a couple years of playing.
I'm planning on taking this driver to Myrtle Beach next month to see how it plays in real world conditions. If it works  - goodbye TM, hello Bang.

#16 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

m8 with swingspeed of 110mph you aint going to fly a ball close to 339yards they are just trying to SELL you a driver!

you would need to swing the club at around almost 140mph to produce a carry of 339 yards, the difference between 110mph and 140mph swings is huge.   if the machine read 110mph and the ball carried 339mph the machines numbers are complete BS and are reading 50 yards over

kenny

Edited by extremeld, 05 February 2008 - 04:19 AM.

#17 3putt53

3putt53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46809

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

I'm sure the 339 was an aberration. Swingspeed, launch angle, face angle all determine carry. The simulator was spot on on my distances with the irons I normally play as well as the woods and hybrids I normally play. One reason I want to try this driver head to head with my TM outside.
I did try this driver a week later and most drives were 290+ with a few @ 310. Did not have a particularly good swing that day.

#18 buykrux

buykrux

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49376
  • Ebay ID:buykruxxx
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

still have my BOM460
snapped a XX in it lastweek tho :russian_roulette:
great head

#19 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

swinging at 110mph you arent going to approach a 339 yard carry, to suggest you are is plain crazy.

try 270 yard carry

#20 gharlowe99

gharlowe99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64956
  • Ebay ID:cheyenepuppy

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

there is no doubt that the bang-o-matic is a very long driver off the tee. im hitting a bang with 9 degree loft,matrix firm shaft. this club is a cannon.would like to see a newer model with movible weights like some other models. might make it easier to control deaw and fade shots. i love my bang. would take a hell of a club to get me to change.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 extremeld

extremeld

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

i am sure any experience where you have to deal with Bang where you have a problem would put you off Bang quicker than you could say give me my money back.

#22 222yards

222yards

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44763

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

My bang broke a few weeks after I got it, not surprising with the 5x stiff shaft and 3 degree loft.

#23 VinceRKG

VinceRKG

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20476
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

I started wit the Bang Mellow Yellow, Good name Steve!! LOL......Not that many guys were hitting in LD for the past couple year though. A lot came back Illegal via CT testing. One guy got 5 heads taken because of High CT. Oh well.

You really hit a 5X?

#24 idrive400yards

idrive400yards

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14575
  • Ebay ID:idrive400yards
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

View PostVinceRKG, on Nov 26 2008, 12:17 PM, said:

I started wit the Bang Mellow Yellow, Good name Steve!! LOL......Not that many guys were hitting in LD for the past couple year though. A lot came back Illegal via CT testing. One guy got 5 heads taken because of High CT. Oh well.

You really hit a 5X?

Vinny,

I'm thinking he was telling a little fib there........

If you don't swing hard and fast, the Bang head may last you a little longer than the LD guys, but Kenny is right, customer service is a joke.

#25 golfsll

golfsll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8655
  • Ebay ID:golfsll

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Guys this club has been around a long time and it is hard to find a much better club for the price. i have a 10.5 with a tx90 stiff steel shaft @44.5 inches. i have had this club for nearly 5 years and the finish has held up great and no breakage. when i first started playing it the guys i played with laughed because of the size. but even with the steel shaft i hit it out there with the best of them. get some of that yea. BANG!!!!!!!

#26 smcupinya

smcupinya

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79821
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Having played a BOM 460 for years now I can honestly say it is the longest driver I have ever hit.  I also have a Cleveland XLS Tour, Callaway FT-9 iMix, Ping G10, which I go between for a little more accuracy.  I'm not saying the Bang O Matic isn't accurate, its just that I have a Accuflex VS339 XX in it and its alot of shaft.  Over the winter this club is a little stiff to get around when I can hardly feel my fingers, lol.  Having hit as many drivers as you could name over the past few years the following quote is true as day...

The Bang O Matic Driver is a flat out bomb layer.  If its distance you seek, look no further.  As always... the shaft can make or break this club so choose wisely.

Also, having a very fast swing speed I have never had any issues with my BANG face breaking.  I'm not saying if your some LDA Beast it won't break, but I have had mine for a couple years and its still going strong.  If it were to break it would take me all of 5 minutes to get another, I can tell you that much.

#27 pcourtney

pcourtney

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38639
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:peecee999
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have a 9 and 10.5 loft Driver, plus 3+ , 3 and two 5 woods, my swing speed is 107 or so in the summer, a tad less in the winter, had these woods since 2006, but always looking ( I have Titleist 910 woods as well )

Edited by pcourtney, 23 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Woods : Titleist 913D3   913FD   913HD
Irons :  Titleist AP2 Irons
Wedges :  Scor 4161
Bettinardi BB42 DASS RJB 2000 Model

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors