Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Otey Crisman Putter?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 henaryg

henaryg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59724
  • Ebay ID:henaryg
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

I was given an old, hickory shafted Otey Crisman putter from my grandpa and when I look online I cannot find any information on it. On the bottom it says it is a 720HB, but nowhere can I find information about that model. Can someone help me out? Thanks. I am trying to upload a photo, but it is not working so if you would like to see what it looks like let me know.

Attached Thumbnails

• Otey_Crisman_Putter.JPG

Edited by henaryg, 13 July 2008 - 08:30 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Blues Golfer

Blues Golfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40921
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

I still have mine, similar but not the same as yours.  They were fairly popular.  I used mine on bent grass greens because it was light, and had great feel.  When I moved to the south where most greens are bermuda, I shelved it.

#3 henaryg

henaryg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59724
  • Ebay ID:henaryg
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

So is there really a 720HB model of Otey Crisman putters?

#4 DoglegRight

DoglegRight

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21253
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

I had a conversation with a small mom and pop shop owner this afternoon about old Otey's like yours. The owner has a personal collection of over 750 Otey's from the 40's to 60's. I didn't catch his name, but he runs a small golf shop in Montgomery, Alabama where I was on business today. The number to his shop, "Just Golf", is (334)-274-1000. I'm sure he could educate you as much as you're willing to listen when it comes to putters from that era. I was hoping he might have some old TP Mills, but no luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors