Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Diamana - blueboard & whiteboard

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59360
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

Just curious on how these shafts feel to those who use them.  I have the SS for a stiff/x-stiff shaft, but I dislike the feel of super-stiff shafts.  

Are these shafts super stiff?  I would love to be able to test these out, but since they are so pricey they aren't exactly easy to find in the demo racks at my local Golfsmith/Golf Galaxy store.  Does anyone know the frequency (cpm) of these shafts?

The price of these shafts alone make me feel they are targeted for low handicappers - and are thus 'players shafts'.  I would hate to order one at the price of a new driver only to find out that they didn't have the feel I like.

I'm currently playing a Prolaunch Red - which I really like the feel of.  My only complaint is the ball-flight can get a bit too high at times.

Thanks....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tomg1969

tomg1969

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37110
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

They are both very smooth......far smoother than the ProLaunch Red that your using now. The Whiteboard is the smoothest tip stiff shaft that I have played.

#3 fkim011

fkim011

Official Club Whore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23178
  • Ebay ID:fkim011

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Blueboard is pretty darn smooth. The whiteboard is just a bit broader but it still is noticeable.

#4 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the responses...

Smoother than the PL Red?? I'm not saying I don't believe it - but this shaft is very smooth.

Which actually brings up another question. Do manufacturers make shafts differently (specs, frequency, etc) when they are offered as a stock option for a big-name driver (Ping, TM, etc) than they do for the after-market? I guess what I'm asking is my PL Red that came in my G10 driver the same PL Red that I would get if I had ordered it alone from Golf Galaxy or another place? The reason I ask is the PL Red is supposed to be a low-launch shaft. Lower launching than the original Graf Blue (not the PL variety) that came out years ago. I hit that Blue lower than I do this PL Red in the same loft head.

I've heard great things about the blue/white boards - but they are just so expensive. I wish they were easy to test before buying - I'd pay the price if I knew it was right for me.

Edited by O-For-20, 08 July 2008 - 01:31 PM.

#5 schlebrock

schlebrock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11688
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

View PostO-For-20, on Jul 8 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Smoother than the PL Red?? I'm not saying I don't believe it - but this shaft is very smooth.

Which actually brings up another question. Do manufacturers make shafts differently (specs, frequency, etc) when they are offered as a stock option for a big-name driver (Ping, TM, etc) than they do for the after-market? I guess what I'm asking is my PL Red that came in my G10 driver the same PL Red that I would get if I had ordered it alone from Golf Galaxy or another place? The reason I ask is the PL Red is supposed to be a low-launch shaft. Lower launching than the original Graf Blue (not the PL variety) that came out years ago. I hit that Blue lower than I do this PL Red in the same loft head.

I've heard great things about the blue/white boards - but they are just so expensive. I wish they were easy to test before buying - I'd pay the price if I knew it was right for me.
The PL Red is generally not considered a smooth shaft. So, if you like the PL Red you may really love (or hate) the Whiteboard. It's about as different as a shaft can be in terms of feel from the PL Red IMHO.

As far as your question regarding aftermarket vs. OEM shafts, it depends on the company. The PL Red that you're hitting in your G10 is the real deal. The PL Red in Adams drivers has different specs from what I've heard.

Also, your higher launch may very well be the loft in the G10 and not the shaft. The PL Red is definitley a lower launch, lower spin option than the Grafalloy Blue but the G10 heads are notrious for being about 1-2 degrees higher than it's stated loft. Therefore, if you're hitting a 10.5 degree G10 driver you may very well be hitting a 12.0 degree in actual loft.

Edited by schlebrock, 08 July 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Ping G25 9.5 | Fujikura Speeder 757
Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5 | UST Attas T2
Titleist 913H 21 | Aldila Tour Green
Ping G25's 4-UW | KBS Tour-V
Vokey TVD SM4 54S, 58K | KBS Tour
Ping Craz-E Scottsdale TR

#6 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

View Postschlebrock, on Jul 8 2008, 02:18 PM, said:

The PL Red is generally not considered a smooth shaft. So, if you like the PL Red you may really love (or hate) the Whiteboard. It's about as different as a shaft can be in terms of feel from the PL Red IMHO.

As far as your question regarding aftermarket vs. OEM shafts, it depends on the company. The PL Red that you're hitting in your G10 is the real deal. The PL Red in Adams drivers has different specs from what I've heard.

Also, your higher launch may very well be the loft in the G10 and not the shaft. The PL Red is definitley a lower launch, lower spin option than the PL Blue but the G10 heads are notrious for being about 1-2 degrees higher than it's stated loft. Therefore, if you're hitting a 10.5 degree G10 driver you may very well be hitting a 12.0 degree in actual loft.

Interesting comments...thanks. Good to know my PL Red is the real deal.

It does feel smooth to me - and when I say smooth I guess what I mean is it feels like it has snap without being too whippy or too stiff. But it may be because I've been used to playing with a 44" shaft (V2) in a Callaway X Tour - the 45.75" length may be the reason it feels smoother to me.

I did know about the real lofts vs labeled lofts of the G10 - so I got the 9* (labeled). I'm guessing it's really a 10 - maybe 10.5 (which is fine).

My SS averages @ 107. I've just read so many glowing reviews on the blue board and white board (red too - but I think blue or white would be better options for me) that I'm dieing to try them out. I'd just prefer to try before I buy - and in this case I haven't found it too easy to do that.

Edited by O-For-20, 08 July 2008 - 02:46 PM.

#7 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1656

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

I dont think the original Graf Blue is higher launch/spin than the ProLaunch Red.  The ProLaunch Blue is higher launch/spin than the Red but not the original solid blue shaft from a few years ago.  I had the original Blue in an old 983K and it was the stiffest, boardiest, lowest launching shafts that I've ever play.  And I've used Whiteboard, protopype, and loved the VTLT in a 500 Tour around the same time.
915D2 8.5- Black DI-8
915F 16.5- Rombax P95
712U (4), AP2 (5-PW)
Vokey 50, 55, 60
Cameron GoLo N5
WITB Link

#8 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

View PostDizzub, on Jul 8 2008, 02:50 PM, said:

I dont think the original Graf Blue is higher launch/spin than the ProLaunch Red. The ProLaunch Blue is higher launch/spin than the Red but not the original solid blue shaft from a few years ago. I had the original Blue in an old 983K and it was the stiffest, boardiest, lowest launching shafts that I've ever play. And I've used Whiteboard, protopype, and loved the VTLT in a 500 Tour around the same time.

According to Grafalloy it's supposed to be:
http://www.grafalloy...falloy/blue.asp

Posted Image

http://grafalloy.com...rolaunchred.asp

Posted Image

I've played the Blue in stiff and an X-flex. The X was basically a tree trunk - not good. I did hit the stiff ok but, like I said, lower than my current PL Red. But, like as been pointed out, I was playing a 460cc Cleveland Launcher head in the Blue and the G10 now (perhaps a degree higher in loft).

Edited by O-For-20, 08 July 2008 - 03:36 PM.

#9 Walkin36

Walkin36

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122104
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Love my Diamana! It is Red, but I thought I would add my thought on these. I have hit the ProLaunch Red, and have had 2 different drivers with the ProLaunch Blue in them. (all Stiff Flex, btw) The feel of the Diamana at contact is a completely different world. I, like you, was hesitant to spend the money on a high-end shaft, but I am a believer now. It is unfortunate that they are such a niche product that most stores do not have the demo's for you to hit. Does your local store have the imix line in yet? Our Golf Galaxy does and they have the Diamana's in the fitting station. I know it won't be your G10 head, but will give you an idea of the feel.  

#10 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

View Postcarogers1, on Jul 8 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

Love my Diamana! It is Red, but I thought I would add my thought on these. I have hit the ProLaunch Red, and have had 2 different drivers with the ProLaunch Blue in them. (all Stiff Flex, btw) The feel of the Diamana at contact is a completely different world. I, like you, was hesitant to spend the money on a high-end shaft, but I am a believer now. It is unfortunate that they are such a niche product that most stores do not have the demo's for you to hit. Does your local store have the imix line in yet? Our Golf Galaxy does and they have the Diamana's in the fitting station. I know it won't be your G10 head, but will give you an idea of the feel.

I'm not sure if the I-mix is in my local store yet - I'll have to check that out.  

Just curious - what made you go with the red board?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 stub

stub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56617

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

if you want to try a diamana WB or BB find a stockist wid the nike 360 fit system they have diamana shafts almost as standard and you can slot them into any nike head.

#12 phi482

phi482

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45380
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

I have hit the Blueboard in the Ft-5 head at Golf Galaxy.  They have all the shafts from the iMix cart.  My SS is 110 and I loved the Blueboard 73x.  I have just replaced everything in the bag this year so the chance I have of putting one in my D2 is slime and none.  Well unless I get a divorce....
PING G25
Titlesit 913Fd
Titleist 712 4-P
Vokey 50 SM5 - 54 TVD-M - 60 TVD-M
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3

#13 Walkin36

Walkin36

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122104
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

The Red just fits my swing I guess. I don't try to over-power the ball, I just try to focus on tempo and this shaft responds well to it. I still have a fairly decent SS at 100ish. It launches the ball on a higher, boring ball flight which I like. It is very long for me and is just an overall great shaft.

#14 odshot68

odshot68

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30735
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

I play the blueboard in my driver and fairway woods.  These are extremely smooth.  Unlike many shafts that feel boardy or let you down when you jump on it this shaft can handle anything and feels smooth.  I play an X and it feels like a soft X.  I have never hit the red, but I have hit the white in a driver.  The whiteboard was definitely harsher and produced a lower ball flight.  I couldn't handle the shaft.  Note:  Tiger plays the white...if its any indication.   With the I-mix and the OEM soon releasing fitting carts with shafts and heads they will be readily available for the average consumer to try.  As far as comparisons to the Prolaunch Red or V2...both have completely different feel and I hated both of them.  The closest shaft for comparison would be a VS Proto 70 or 80.  Not the cheap OEM 65 or lighter shaft.  Even then, the blueboard is much smoother than the VS.  Just my opinion, many others would agree with this!!!
Titleist 915D2 8.5 D+ 70 Stiff
Titleist 915Fd D+ 80 Stiff
Titleist 915h 18 D+ 100 Stiff
TM MC 4-PW C-Taper Stiff (2 deg strong)
Titleist TVD M-grind, 50/56/60 DG TIS400
2014 Scotty Cameron Fastback Select

#15 w7n23j

w7n23j

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9230

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

but the G10 heads are notrious for being about 1-2 degrees higher than it's stated loft. Therefore, if you're hitting a 10.5 degree G10 driver you may very well be hitting a 12.0 degree in actual loft.
Definitely.  My supposedly 9* G10 digitally measured 10.3* in loft.

Edited by w7n23j, 18 July 2008 - 03:18 PM.

#16 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

View Postodshot68, on Jul 18 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

The closest shaft for comparison would be a VS Proto 70 or 80. Not the cheap OEM 65 or lighter shaft. Even then, the blueboard is much smoother than the VS. Just my opinion, many others would agree with this!!!

Interesting - thanks for this comparison!

I almost bought a 16* Idea Pro hybrid this year - I absolutely loved that shaft (VS Proto S-80) when I tested it out.  If it's similar to that - I may be thinking about the correct shaft for me.

#17 sweeet

sweeet

sweeet EH!

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60983

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

View Postschlebrock, on Jul 8 2008, 03:18 PM, said:

I can agree with that. The PL Red is not a smooth shaft at all. Add to the fact that the Whiteboard is entirely different, you may hate or love the Whiteboard depending on how it feels to you.

#18 WillyPlay

WillyPlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59564
  • Ebay ID:WillyPlay
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

I play the The TP Burner 10.5 degree stiff flex Diamana White Board.  I came off a variety of shafts in my driver before going to the WhiteBoard.  I have to admit, as a golf professional, clubfitter, and teaching professional.  The $ needed to invest in the White Board was worth every cent.  The shot dispersion is tighter, distance increased, and the ability to work shots high, low, right, left, etc....it is amazing.  

I think you will see a definite improvement over the shaft you are playing currently.

#19 O-For-20

O-For-20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

How do I know if White or Blue is better for me?

#20 Blackfinn

Blackfinn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56284

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

I've hit the ProLaunch Red, BB & WB in a Ping G10. - side by side for hundreds of balls.  Both BB and WB are smoother than the ProLaunch IMO; the BB feels the smoothest.  Also hist Aldila VS and DVS in the same club head, and the DVS feels very similar to the BB.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors