Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Trip but WHERE


31 replies to this topic

#1 gcp07

gcp07

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394134
  • Joined: 09/01/2015
  • Location:Delray Beach
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Alright, I started another thread about a week ago on San Diego and a ton of people chimed in that it was more less not likely the "go to" spot for a golf trip. A few years ago we did Scottsdale and that was amazing. Great golf, good food and nice nightlife. We are coming from Florida, Can anyone recommend a good location? We are starting to look at Charleston a little but not sure what courses. Golf and some good bars are ideally what we are looking for. Thank you so much!

Mizuno JPX 900 Fujikura Speeder 661 EVO II
Titleist 915 H1 3 Hybrid 70g Diamana 18 degree
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G Nippon Modus Tour 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM6 56S
Titleist Vokey SM6 60k
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Vice Pro

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 defnotapro

defnotapro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413146
  • Joined: 02/22/2016
  • Location:TX
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:jdpelz
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

Palm Springs and Myrtle Beach are some golf heavens. Outside the box is San Antonio, staying down on the riverwalk.

2

#3 jvincent

jvincent

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37449
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
  • Location:Ottawa, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 187

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

 gcp07, on 12 February 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Great golf, good food and nice nightlife. We are coming from Florida, Can anyone recommend a good location? We are starting to look at Charleston a little but not sure what courses. Golf and some good bars are ideally what we are looking for. Thank you so much!

How much and what kind of nightlife are you looking for?  How much do you value the golf experience vs the night life?

Your answers to the above will have a big impact on the answers you receive.

3

#4 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 5398

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

 defnotapro, on 12 February 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Palm Springs and Myrtle Beach are some golf heavens. Outside the box is San Antonio, staying down on the riverwalk.

San Antonio is a decent idea. I was going to suggest Austin as the OP is from Florida and has been to Phoenix.

4

#5 Zac1321

Zac1321

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512780
  • Joined: 09/18/2018
  • Location:Carlsbad, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

what time of year are you thinking?


5

#6 defnotapro

defnotapro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413146
  • Joined: 02/22/2016
  • Location:TX
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:jdpelz
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

 golfandfishing, on 12 February 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

 defnotapro, on 12 February 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Palm Springs and Myrtle Beach are some golf heavens. Outside the box is San Antonio, staying down on the riverwalk.

San Antonio is a decent idea. I was going to suggest Austin as the OP is from Florida and has been to Phoenix.

Austin is good but I don't think it has the quality of golf that San Antonio does. If you enjoy live music that may be a big reason for Austin.

6

#7 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

Pinehurst is always a special place! Plenty of great golf courses and a good decent night scene as well.

Myrtle beach also has a lot of great golf courses, but is very spread out. Night life is solid,

To be honest Charleston does not have a lot of really good courses unless you have access to private courses. Public wise you have the Ocean Course and then a huge drop off to Osprey / Turtle / Cougar out at Kiawah. Charleston has a good amount of solid / decent courses. Nightlife in downtown Charleston will be a blast!
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Odyssey Works Red #1W S

7

#8 Luke.Sutton

Luke.Sutton

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483170
  • Joined: 09/30/2017
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Handicap:3.7
  • Ebay ID:lsutton99
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

Come to Austin for the music/bars... donít come here expecting world class golf. From my experience Iíve never found a great combination of both outside of Scotland/Ireland. Probably just as quick a flight to Edinburgh or Dublin as it would be to San Diego.

8

#9 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 5398

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

Should be about 6 hour flight to San Diego from Orlando. Iím thinking at least 10 hours to Edinburgh.

9

#10 mallrat

mallrat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1594

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:42 PM

What time of year?

Bend, OR. Really good courses of all dollar values. Amazing brew pubs but still a town and not a city. Seriously a town of 100k people and like 25 different breweries. You can do a beer paddle downtown, like an 8 person bike you peddle and stop at breweries to fill up your beers. Biggest ones are Deschutes and 10 Barrel (you can buy a pallet of beer for like $600 or something). After golf grab a couple beers, drive to the river hop in an inner tube and float for 2 hours. The good life.

Can get some awesome VRBO deals.

Adds an extra flight but fly into Salt Lake or Portland and then fly into Redmond. Best little airport in the US.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Pwood28

Pwood28

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338855
  • Joined: 09/10/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

I think the question has to be answered is the nightlife vs. golf balance.  Are you looking for a cool city to check out and you want to play some golf while you're there, or are you looking for a golf trip with something to do at night?

I have a group of buddies that takes a trip every year.  Half of us are pretty into golf and judge the trip by the courses we play and the other half want an exciting destination and wouldn't know the difference between Augusta and a dog park.  Makes planning (always my job) a real PITA.  That said, there are some good spots out there.  We did San Diego last year and had a great time.  Checked out the Scotty Cameron Gallery and played Encinitas Ranch (decent course, not great) on Friday and then stayed at the Lodge and played both of the courses at Torrey over the weekend.  The two night we were there we went to Ocean Beach and the Gas Lamp district.  

We've done the Palm Springs area twice, once in Palm Springs and once in La Quinta at PGA West.  The night life in Palm Springs is terrible, but it's non-existent in La Quinta.  Plenty of golf though.  

This year we're heading to Dallas.  Staying in the Uptown area which has plenty of good restaurants and places to go out.  Also easy to get flights in and out of.  We're looking to play at some combination of Steven's Park (pretty cool classic muni), Cowboys Golf Club (mostly due to proximity to DFW on getaway day), Old American, The Tribute, Trinity Forrest (hooping a connection comes through) and Texas Star.  There's a few other good tracks in the area as well that are getting some consideration.  

We move the city around each year and are trying to hit a few of the easy Western US cities while our kids are young.  Our list includes Vegas (expensive for good golf, but nobody can complain about the nightlife), Seattle (Once Chambers Bay is done with the replacing their greens), Bend, Phoenix, etc.
WITB (short set edition)

TM 1017 M1 440 Driver - 10.5 degree - Kuro Kage XT 75s
TM M4 Hybrid - 18 degree - GD AD Hybrid 95g
Scratch EZ1 - 4,6,8,PW
Scratch Golf - 56 Degree
Putter (Still way too many to list!)

IG:  Filmooregolf

11

#12 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2384

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

 krtgolfing, on 12 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Pinehurst is always a special place! Plenty of great golf courses and a good decent night scene as well.

Myrtle beach also has a lot of great golf courses, but is very spread out. Night life is solid,

To be honest Charleston does not have a lot of really good courses unless you have access to private courses. Public wise you have the Ocean Course and then a huge drop off to Osprey / Turtle / Cougar out at Kiawah. Charleston has a good amount of solid / decent courses. Nightlife in downtown Charleston will be a blast!

There are also others such as Wild Dunes.   A wonderful track.

12

#13 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2384

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

What time of year?  That makes a HUGE difference.

If Spring or Fall, check out the RT Jones trail in Alabama.

13

#14 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:51 AM

 Roadking2003, on 12 February 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

 krtgolfing, on 12 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Pinehurst is always a special place! Plenty of great golf courses and a good decent night scene as well.

Myrtle beach also has a lot of great golf courses, but is very spread out. Night life is solid,

To be honest Charleston does not have a lot of really good courses unless you have access to private courses. Public wise you have the Ocean Course and then a huge drop off to Osprey / Turtle / Cougar out at Kiawah. Charleston has a good amount of solid / decent courses. Nightlife in downtown Charleston will be a blast!

There are also others such as Wild Dunes.   A wonderful track.

I would not consider Wild Dunes (Links is better than Harbor) a wonderful track. It would be in the Osprey / Turtle level of courses. I am a little biased though as last time I played round took 5.5 hours.
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Odyssey Works Red #1W S

14

#15 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2384

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

 krtgolfing, on 13 February 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

 Roadking2003, on 12 February 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

 krtgolfing, on 12 February 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Pinehurst is always a special place! Plenty of great golf courses and a good decent night scene as well.

Myrtle beach also has a lot of great golf courses, but is very spread out. Night life is solid,

To be honest Charleston does not have a lot of really good courses unless you have access to private courses. Public wise you have the Ocean Course and then a huge drop off to Osprey / Turtle / Cougar out at Kiawah. Charleston has a good amount of solid / decent courses. Nightlife in downtown Charleston will be a blast!

There are also others such as Wild Dunes.   A wonderful track.

I would not consider Wild Dunes (Links is better than Harbor) a wonderful track. It would be in the Osprey / Turtle level of courses. I am a little biased though as last time I played round took 5.5 hours.

I haven't played it in years, but what I remember was quite nice.   Obviously not in the league of the Ocean Course.


15

#16 gcp07

gcp07

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394134
  • Joined: 09/01/2015
  • Location:Delray Beach
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

 Zac1321, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

what time of year are you thinking?

Around Mid to Late august
Mizuno JPX 900 Fujikura Speeder 661 EVO II
Titleist 915 H1 3 Hybrid 70g Diamana 18 degree
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G Nippon Modus Tour 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM6 56S
Titleist Vokey SM6 60k
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Vice Pro

16

#17 tommg

tommg

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125735
  • Joined: 04/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

Check out Grand Rapids or Lansing Mich. Plenty of good golf courses and great nightlife

17

#18 gcp07

gcp07

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394134
  • Joined: 09/01/2015
  • Location:Delray Beach
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

 Pwood28, on 12 February 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think the question has to be answered is the nightlife vs. golf balance.  Are you looking for a cool city to check out and you want to play some golf while you're there, or are you looking for a golf trip with something to do at night?

I have a group of buddies that takes a trip every year.  Half of us are pretty into golf and judge the trip by the courses we play and the other half want an exciting destination and wouldn't know the difference between Augusta and a dog park.  Makes planning (always my job) a real PITA.  That said, there are some good spots out there.  We did San Diego last year and had a great time.  Checked out the Scotty Cameron Gallery and played Encinitas Ranch (decent course, not great) on Friday and then stayed at the Lodge and played both of the courses at Torrey over the weekend.  The two night we were there we went to Ocean Beach and the Gas Lamp district.  

We've done the Palm Springs area twice, once in Palm Springs and once in La Quinta at PGA West.  The night life in Palm Springs is terrible, but it's non-existent in La Quinta.  Plenty of golf though.  

This year we're heading to Dallas.  Staying in the Uptown area which has plenty of good restaurants and places to go out.  Also easy to get flights in and out of.  We're looking to play at some combination of Steven's Park (pretty cool classic muni), Cowboys Golf Club (mostly due to proximity to DFW on getaway day), Old American, The Tribute, Trinity Forrest (hooping a connection comes through) and Texas Star.  There's a few other good tracks in the area as well that are getting some consideration.  

We move the city around each year and are trying to hit a few of the easy Western US cities while our kids are young.  Our list includes Vegas (expensive for good golf, but nobody can complain about the nightlife), Seattle (Once Chambers Bay is done with the replacing their greens), Bend, Phoenix, etc.

After reading this thread a little more we started leaning towards Austin BUT I think that trip is going to be defined more to the nightlife rather than the golf. We live in south Florida and the nightlife here is exceptional. The vast majority of our group are relatively serious golfers so we are looking to play memorable tracks. We are starting to lean on the idea of heading back out to Scottsdale because the courses are exceptional and Old Town cannot be beaten. The only other type of location I think we would consider is a destination with scenic courses and some decent nightlife. Nightlife is really defined to us a strip of good bars and restaurants with some good people. Don't need that club life.
Mizuno JPX 900 Fujikura Speeder 661 EVO II
Titleist 915 H1 3 Hybrid 70g Diamana 18 degree
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G Nippon Modus Tour 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM6 56S
Titleist Vokey SM6 60k
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Vice Pro

18

#19 I_HATE_SNOW

I_HATE_SNOW

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47459
  • Joined: 01/29/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 487

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:10 AM

 gcp07, on 13 February 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

 Zac1321, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

what time of year are you thinking?

Around Mid to Late august
I'd venture north to avoid the heat.

19

#20 defnotapro

defnotapro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413146
  • Joined: 02/22/2016
  • Location:TX
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:jdpelz
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

 gcp07, on 13 February 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

 Zac1321, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

what time of year are you thinking?

Around Mid to Late august

Scratch the whole idea about Palm Springs and San Antonio then if you're going in August. San Antonio might not be too bad but near the weather you find up north.
Michigan or Wisconsin would be my choice.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Goiter

Goiter

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171530
  • Joined: 03/27/2012
  • Location:Green Bay, WI
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

 defnotapro, on 13 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

 gcp07, on 13 February 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

 Zac1321, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

what time of year are you thinking?

Around Mid to Late august

Scratch the whole idea about Palm Springs and San Antonio then if you're going in August. San Antonio might not be too bad but near the weather you find up north.
Michigan or Wisconsin would be my choice.

Be careful in Wisconsin :)

Without further ado, the Top 20 heaviest drinking cities in America, and the corresponding percentage of adults that drink excessively in them:
  • Appleton, WI – (26.8%)
  • Oshkosh-Neenah, WI – (26%)
  • Green Bay, WI – (25.6%)
  • Madison, WI – (25.5%)
  • Fargo, ND – (25.2%)
  • La Crosse – Onalaska, WI – (25.1%)
  • Fond du Lac, WI – (24.6%)
  • Ames, IA – (24.4%)
  • Eau Claire, WI – (24.3%)
  • Mankato-North Mankato, MN – (24.2%)
  • Wausau, WI – (24.1%)
  • Sheboygan, WI – (24%)
  • Missoula, MT – (23.8%)
  • Grand Forks, ND – (23.7%)
  • Racine, WI – (23.5%)
  • Janesville-Beloit, WI – (23.4%)
  • Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI – (23.3%)
  • Lincoln, NE – (23.3%)
  • Iowa City, IA – (23.2%)
  • Corvallis, OR – (23.2%)


21

#22 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2384

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:07 AM

 gcp07, on 13 February 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

 Zac1321, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

what time of year are you thinking?

Around Mid to Late august

In mid to late August I wouldn't go anywhere south, southwest or east coast.  I would go to Colorado, Wisconsin or Michigan.  Lots of wonderful courses in each state.  And by August, the snow will have melted.

22

#23 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2384

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

 Goiter, on 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:


Be careful in Wisconsin :)

Without further ado, the Top 20 heaviest drinking cities in America, and the corresponding percentage of adults that drink excessively in them:


Well, when it's too cold to play golf for about 9 months of the year who can blame them for drinking excessively?

And BTW, "excessively" is in the eye of the beholder.

23

#24 Goiter

Goiter

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171530
  • Joined: 03/27/2012
  • Location:Green Bay, WI
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

 Roadking2003, on 13 February 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

 Goiter, on 13 February 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

Be careful in Wisconsin :)

Without further ado, the Top 20 heaviest drinking cities in America, and the corresponding percentage of adults that drink excessively in them:


Well, when it's too cold to play golf for about 9 months of the year who can blame them for drinking excessively?

And BTW, "excessively" is in the eye of the beholder.

Look up Lewis Black drinking in Wisconsin

Edited by Goiter, 13 February 2019 - 10:22 AM.


24

#25 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 2310

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

Off the beaten path:

Albuquerque

TONS of new breweries open, and your $$$$ will go so incredibly far.

Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Cleveland TA milled 1i


Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they've done wrong,
and how they've hurt me so.

25

#26 jefftomahawk

jefftomahawk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4309
  • Joined: 08/03/2005
  • Location:Macomb township, Michigan
  • Ebay ID:chaoscomplete
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

Northern Michigan, golf, brew and wine

26

#27 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 2310

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

 defnotapro, on 13 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

 fore_life, on 13 February 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Off the beaten path:

Albuquerque

TONS of new breweries open, and your $$$$ will go so incredibly far.

We went in July last year. Wasn't nearly as hot as I would have thought it would be. Guess the monsoon winds that time of year help cool it off. There are some good courses there but will have to drive quite a bit if you want to play more than 3 or 4.

Here's a couple we played

Paa-Ko Ridge
http://travelinggolf...w-all-27-holes/

The Canyon Club
http://travelinggolf...buquerque-trip/

UNM is fantastic and close, Iíll give you that you might have to drive a little bit traffic is so light and itís freeway to any other course(twin, Santa Ana, cochiti). Staying in old town scottsdale would prob be more of a PITA as far as driving to courses IMO
Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Cleveland TA milled 1i


Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they've done wrong,
and how they've hurt me so.

27

#28 Ryan3773

Ryan3773

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494220
  • Joined: 02/21/2018
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

If youíre coming to Wisconsin the golf is world class, but the brewery tours and beer culture is amazing as well. Downtown Milwaukee has more brewery tours (beer included) than you could fit in a month

28

#29 BirdieRoll

BirdieRoll

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148279
  • Joined: 11/23/2011
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

For August, an easy call: MI, MN, or WI or a combination.

29

#30 Chanceman

Chanceman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403162
  • Joined: 11/17/2015
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

The mosquito count might be a factor.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors