Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Did I just get real lucky with CPO?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

Was looking at drivers on CPO and came across this Rogue SZ with an Aldila Synergy BLACK shaft...figured it was prob worth a shot to see if it’s actually the highly coveted Tour Black version, fingers crossed!!

IMG_1549813977.108738.jpg

Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6282

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

Almost surely a standard synergy shaft.  It is stock for a rogue.

Anyone that put a $360 aftermarket tour shaft in a club is INCREDIBLY unlikely to sell it or trade it in with that shaft.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

2

#3 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

 Jagpilotohio, on 10 February 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Almost surely a standard synergy shaft.  It is stock for a rogue.

Anyone that put a $360 aftermarket tour shaft in a club is INCREDIBLY unlikely to sell it or trade it in with that shaft.
dont disagree, but given their great return policy worth a shot!
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

3

#4 Olde Maroon

Olde Maroon

    Playing your old gear

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198744
  • Joined: 08/17/2012
  • Handicap:Poor
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:28 PM

Did you try adding another one to see if they all say (black) or if only yours does? It might save you and Callaway some trouble if you figure out that it is just the way they classify the stock shaft in their system.

4

#5 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

 Olde Maroon, on 10 February 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Did you try adding another one to see if they all say (black) or if only yours does? It might save you and Callaway some trouble if you figure out that it is just the way they classify the stock shaft in their system.
It was the only one listed as black, there were a bunch of other ones that listed synergy without saying black, again worth a shot, it’s no sweat off my back if it isn’t, I’ll just turn around and return it

Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

5

#6 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

 Olde Maroon, on 10 February 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Did you try adding another one to see if they all say (black) or if only yours does? It might save you and Callaway some trouble if you figure out that it is just the way they classify the stock shaft in their system.
For what it’s worth mine was apparently the only one as it’s not listed as an option anymore
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

6

#7 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6282

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

I believe  the Tour Black was only made in TX flex.  It says stiff in the listing.  JT (Toll) would know.  Send him a PM.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

7

#8 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

 Jagpilotohio, on 10 February 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I believe  the Tour Black was only made in TX flex.  It says stiff in the listing.  JT (Toll) would know.  Send him a PM.
prob right, I’m not on the edge of my seat about it, if I somehow strike gold great if not as you can see from my original pic we grabbed the shaft I wanted anyway!! (If I keep it)

Edited by Bece2117, 10 February 2019 - 01:21 PM.

Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

8

#9 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

If one of the clubs on CPO has a higher priced aftermarket shaft, they will usually have a higher price.

9

#10 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3865

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

 Joker91, on 10 February 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

If one of the clubs on CPO has a higher priced aftermarket shaft, they will usually have a higher price.

51eP+YJbprL._UX522_.jpg

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

This guy seemed to miss the obvious then

11

#12 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

I'm well aware of how CPO works thanks, was just throwing out there that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, I got lucky and they messed up.....thanks to all the Captain Obvious's that told me how their site works, I'm well aware, thx guys....MODS you can close this one up, thanks
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

12

#13 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3865

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

 Joker91, on 11 February 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

This guy seemed to miss the obvious then

"Did I just get real lucky with CPO" - The title says it all. He's aware that they charge more for more expensive aftermarket shafts. He is asking if there's a chance that CPO screwed up and undervalued an exotic shaft/ mistook for stock. Or, in other words, he's asking if he got lucky and got more than he paid for. He'll find out when the club arrives, there's no way anyone here can give him an answer without seeing what he gets.
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

13

#14 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

 GoIrish17, on 11 February 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

 Joker91, on 11 February 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

This guy seemed to miss the obvious then

"Did I just get real lucky with CPO" - The title says it all. He's aware that they charge more for more expensive aftermarket shafts. He is asking if there's a chance that CPO screwed up and undervalued an exotic shaft/ mistook for stock. Or, in other words, he's asking if he got lucky and got more than he paid for. He'll find out when the club arrives, there's no way anyone here can give him an answer without seeing what he gets.
Exactly

14

#15 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 9058

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:20 PM

Damn, weather must be bad everywhere, even simple, non-contentious threads are getting chippy

Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

15

#16 cfunk11

cfunk11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352411
  • Joined: 12/18/2014
  • Location:omaha, ne
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

There can be mystical deals found in CPO. Right after the UT driving irons came out 2 appeared on the clearance single iron section. I bought them for $100 a piece and got $200 a piece trade from my local golf shop. That is the 1st and only time I have ever made money dealing golf clubs.

16

#17 augustgolf

augustgolf

    Golf with dignity

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
  • Location:Coastal NC
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 4516

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

 cfunk11, on 11 February 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

There can be mystical deals found in CPO. Right after the UT driving irons came out 2 appeared on the clearance single iron section. I bought them for $100 a piece and got $200 a piece trade from my local golf shop. That is the 1st and only time I have ever made money dealing golf clubs.

Golf has come to a position where you can make more money buying and selling golf clubs than you can by playing said clubs....

sad
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

17

#18 Sesh

Sesh

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27856
  • Joined: 04/14/2007
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:28 AM

There is a chance I once got a tc serial xr 3 wood with a diamana blue 103x in it for 115$
Rogue Sub Zero 9  hzrdus black65
Rogue 3 wood Hzrdus yellow 85
M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron Hzrdus black
4-uw i200 nippon modus
54 Vokey TVD V grind
60 Vokey TVD low bounce K
Toulon San Diego

18

#19 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 1052

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

 augustgolf, on 11 February 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

 cfunk11, on 11 February 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

There can be mystical deals found in CPO. Right after the UT driving irons came out 2 appeared on the clearance single iron section. I bought them for $100 a piece and got $200 a piece trade from my local golf shop. That is the 1st and only time I have ever made money dealing golf clubs.

Golf has come to a position where you can make more money buying and selling golf clubs than you can by playing said clubs....

sad

I personally think that is a great element of the sport.  It adds a layer of interest to the game.  You have playing the game itself and then the chase of rare variant clubs to buy and sell on a secondary market.

Great stuff

19

#20 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 8,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 6936

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

Keep us posted, B. I'm interested to see if you got lucky.

PING G400 LST 10* - PX HZRDUS Black Handcrafted
Titleist 917 F2 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80X
PXG 0311T 4-PW - DGTI AMT S400
Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
Yes! Jenny Tour
Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 kcsf

kcsf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357935
  • Joined: 01/14/2015
  • Location:Santa Fe, NM
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 686

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

 Hot Rod 71, on 12 February 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Keep us posted, B. I'm interested to see if you got lucky.

Exactly. I'm kept up at night wondering about some of these loose ends. SERIOUSLY!
G400 Green Mamba 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour HL 3w Green Mamba
Ping i500 irons
Edel 50* & 56* wedges
O-Works #7s red

21

#22 jaw2k9

jaw2k9

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157609
  • Joined: 01/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Well, didja punk.  Sorry, channeling my Dirty Harry.

22

#23 cfunk11

cfunk11

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352411
  • Joined: 12/18/2014
  • Location:omaha, ne
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

 tdk8180, on 12 February 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

 augustgolf, on 11 February 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

 cfunk11, on 11 February 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

There can be mystical deals found in CPO. Right after the UT driving irons came out 2 appeared on the clearance single iron section. I bought them for $100 a piece and got $200 a piece trade from my local golf shop. That is the 1st and only time I have ever made money dealing golf clubs.

Golf has come to a position where you can make more money buying and selling golf clubs than you can by playing said clubs....

sad

I personally think that is a great element of the sport.  It adds a layer of interest to the game.  You have playing the game itself and then the chase of rare variant clubs to buy and sell on a secondary market.

Great stuff
Unfortunately bad luck always follows good luck. I didn't have a chance to hit these driving irons because a week after I got them I fell out of a roof and couldn't golf for 2 months. I ended up trading them away before I had a chance to hit them. A true example of W.W. Jacobs "The Monkeys Paw"

23

#24 Bece2117

Bece2117

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165235
  • Joined: 02/21/2012
  • Location:Massachusetts
  • Handicap:5.0
  • Ebay ID:bece2117
GolfWRX Likes : 412

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

 deadsolid...shank, on 11 February 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Damn, weather must be bad everywhere, even simple, non-contentious threads are getting chippy
hate winter ;)
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-G
Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
Cobra F8 14.5 Aldila NV Green
Cobra F8+ 8.5 Aldila NV Green
Rife Vault 001

24



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors