Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dogs on the course?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Habrownlee

Habrownlee

Habrownlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 522478
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Our club is dog friendly a lot of the members take their dog to the range or back deck with them. The only requirement is good behavior on both owner and dogs part. My wife runs our 2 dogs every day with her cart while her overweight weiner rides beside her on seat. The other two both small dogs are well behaved and generally stay with the cart she gives them a few minutes when they stop and sniff and claim territory lol and she has even gotten them trained to poop in the woods lol.  Our dogs are small and we pick up after them. Anyone have any thoughts as far as dogs on course?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Kaysquare

Kaysquare

Puppyluv

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76012
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1770

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

I think well-behaved dogs should be allowed, they are far better than ill-behaved children (& adults).  My course(s) do not allow dogs. but I've found that people who'd like to have their dogs with them on a course, more often than not, have super well-behaved dogs.  I have taken my dog on the course with me (in the cart) & no one's ever known. It's late in the day, no one else around, & my dog doesn't even whine when Ieave him in the cart while I putt, & he doesn't pay a bit of attention to the deer & any other wildlife on the course.

#3 Here comes the Boom

Here comes the Boom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291121
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Played with a local on the New course at St Andrews and his dog ( Golden  retriever ) walked with us for 18 holes ..... never barked once !!!

#4 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63801
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

My course is ok with it. We have had members in the past who would have their dogs ride around for the round, maybe let them off the cart once every few holes so they can run or chase a squirrel. We have a guy now that comes out in the evening and lets his jack russell fly around the course chasing squirrels and running after his cart. I have zero issue with it.

My dogs on the other hand, cannot come to the course. My little dog would run away chasing squirrels and my big one would wind up in the lake swimming after the geese or trying to play with the alligator.

#5 gambit

gambit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
GolfWRX Likes : 876

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:27 PM

I've seen it a few times at my regular rotation of courses. I love dogs so it doesn't bother me at all. I'm waiting for one that will get my ball out of the water hazard tho.

Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

#6 portsider44

portsider44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244187
  • Handicap:12.7
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

As a dog person don’t mind it proving they are behaved.

Personally not sure I could stay focus on the shot and the dog.  I already have enough swing demons to add keeping track of the dog.
Mizuno jpx. 900 driver 661 stiff
Titleist 910 3H
Mizuno JPX 825 4-gw project X 5.0
Hogan Apex GW 50 bent to 52
Mizuno ,jpx 58 sw
Odyssey o works Tank 1
Ball , Srixon zstar or zstar vx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors