Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Cushman Custom Putters

cushman putter custom socal

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 entourage2

entourage2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80253
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Always been the type of guy that shy away from big putter companies (i.e. Scottys and Odysseys).

My eye definitely gravitated to the handmade putters of these smaller places like Byron Morgan.  My current gamer is the Byron Morgan 615 head.

Recently, I had the opportunity meet a young guy by the name of David of Cushman Golf. I got to talk with him (cool guy btw) and convinced to me to get one of handmade sticks. Just wanted to share some picture he's been sending me through the process.  

I thought it was pretty unique with those horizontal lines on the bumpers. Love that antique looks with the bluish tint on the sole.

Just wanted to give a shoutout and share my putter to everyone here. And to support all these small business owners that actually take the time to put the smallest detail into these handmade putters.

Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1429.JPG
  • IMG_1428.JPG
  • IMG_1430.JPG
  • IMG_1431.JPG
  • IMG_1432.JPG

Edited by entourage2, 07 February 2019 - 07:13 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

Lefty with occasional game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 1121

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

View Postentourage2, on 07 February 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Always been the type of guy that shy away from big putter companies (i.e. Scottys and Odysseys).

My eye definitely gravitated to the handmade putters of these smaller places like Byron Morgan.  My current gamer is the Byron Morgan 615 head.

Recently, I had the opportunity meet a young guy by the name of David of Cushman Golf. I got to talk with him (cool guy btw) and convinced to me to get one of handmade sticks. Just wanted to share some picture he's been sending me through the process.  

I thought it was pretty unique with those horizontal lines on the bumpers. Love that antique looks with the bluish tint on the sole.

Just wanted to give a shoutout and share my putter to everyone here. And to support all these small business owners that actually take the time to put the smallest detail into these handmade putters.

I follow them on IG and generally like the stuff they post. The finish and milling are both gorgeous. Enjoy your new putter!

Edited by 1puttTUT, 07 February 2019 - 08:34 PM.

Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
Cobra forged TEC 6-GW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
TP Mills Trad II roundneck

#3 entourage2

entourage2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

View Post1puttTUT, on 07 February 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

View Postentourage2, on 07 February 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

I follow them on IG and generally like the stuff they post. The finish and milling are both gorgeous. Enjoy your new putter!

Yeah, I started following him too. He was really easy to work with too. I just can't wait to get it and use it as my next gamer.

With his name on these putters, he will only deliver it perfect. This is the type of craftsmanship you can't get from big box companies.

LOVE IT!

#4 chadly643

chadly643

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83337
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

Looks like you found a true craftsman. Congrats!

#5 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 3,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
GolfWRX Likes : 2141

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

David does great work congrats on the putter!

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

#6 ChristopherMcDonald

ChristopherMcDonald

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314501
  • Ebay ID:mcbainer019
GolfWRX Likes : 948

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

Beautiful putter and pricing seems very competitive
Posted Image King LTD Posted Image Rogue 95 MSI
Posted ImageRBZ 3 Wood Posted ImageVS Proto by You 85
Posted Image2007 Burner 5 Wood Posted ImageSerrano 75
Posted Image Pro A12 3 Hybrid Posted ImageRip'd VS Proto 80
Posted Image XTD Tour 5-GW Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
Posted Image Tour Issue 1018 56* Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300
Posted Image Tour Issue 1018 60* Posted Image Dynamic Gold S300
Posted Image Cameron & Crown 5MB
Posted Image Duo

#7 entourage2

entourage2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:46 AM

View PostChristopherMcDonald, on 08 February 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Beautiful putter and pricing seems very competitive

Agreed. Pretty competitive compared to similar putters.

Plus for the flat price we pretty much added all the bells and whistles (ie scalloped neck, lines on bumper, and asked what kind of stamping). Pretty cool IMO too many places now charge an arm and a leg for the “add-on” menu.

#8 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 390922
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:tj_cutshaw
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

tttt.jpg
ttt.jpg
ttt.jpg
ttt.jpg
I too am a proud Cushman Golf supporter and customer. I was drooling over all of the handmade customs in Instagram when I stumbled upon Cushman. I dm'd him with a few questions and got an immediate response (try that with the other well known guys). He even sent me a special link for black friday pricing and we were off. I had a ton of questions and requests and Cushman Golf was more than happy to make them come true. I even ordered a bag tag and the awesome divot repair tool. I received numerous pictures along the way and my putter was finished in the exact time it was promised. The pictures literally didn't to the putter justice. It is so damn beautiful and putts like a dream. I went with the big cat LH and had a few custom options added. I get so many compliments on my putter and I am already thinking about a mallet now and I will for sure be going with Cushman Golf again. His prices are way too cheap fpr the product that you get. The only thing I need now is my Cru custom headcover with the Cushman logo on it. It should be here next week and I will be sure to add pics.
LH Taylormade M5 (going in for a shaft fitting soon)
LH Ping G stretch Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
LH Callaway XR 19 deg Project X xstiff (old reliable)
LH Mizuno MP 25 4-pw DG x100
LH 50, vokey sm5 black
LH Haywood Satin 56 (bent to 54)
LH Callaway MD3 58 black
LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 and Bradley Putters custom Luna
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf

Cru desinged custom headcovers

#9 entourage2

entourage2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 09 February 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I too am a proud Cushman Golf supporter and customer. I was drooling over all of the handmade customs in Instagram when I stumbled upon Cushman. I dm'd him with a few questions and got an immediate response (try that with the other well known guys). He even sent me a special link for black friday pricing and we were off. I had a ton of questions and requests and Cushman Golf was more than happy to make them come true. I even ordered a bag tag and the awesome divot repair tool. I received numerous pictures along the way and my putter was finished in the exact time it was promised. The pictures literally didn't to the putter justice. It is so damn beautiful and putts like a dream. I went with the big cat LH and had a few custom options added. I get so many compliments on my putter and I am already thinking about a mallet now and I will for sure be going with Cushman Golf again. His prices are way too cheap fpr the product that you get. The only thing I need now is my Cru custom headcover with the Cushman logo on it. It should be here next week and I will be sure to add pics.

Nice looking putter!! Couldn’t agree with you more about the communication along the way. Can’t wait to get mine!

#10 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Very nice.. really like the neck.  What's his pricing like?  Thanks

Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:32 AM

Found the pricing.  Very fair for the 2 "stock" custom offerings
Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

#12 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

Rookie

• 38 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

View Postentourage2, on 10 February 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 09 February 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Nice looking putter!! Couldn’t agree with you more about the communication along the way. Can’t wait to get mine!
You're going to love it. I have been a mallet guy for a while and thought I might struggle with the blade but I swear its easy to line up and gives you the best feel. I no longer blow putts by the hole and my confidence has grown tenfold. David is a magician and it won't be too long before he blows up like the mannkrafted and lamb's of the world.
LH 50, vokey sm5 black
LH Callaway MD3 58 black
LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 and Bradley Putters custom Luna

#13 entourage2

entourage2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:40 PM

View PostLionGolfer, on 12 February 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

Found the pricing.  Very fair for the 2 "stock" custom offerings

I don't think he's limited to what's just on his website because i think the pricing was the same and it was a carbon steel putter.  I was following his IG and noticed he also has some copper putter.  Def worth shooting him a message.

#14 Circaflex

Circaflex

Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
GolfWRX Likes : 413

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

That's a nice looking stick; I'll check out their website.
#Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
GHIN: 2719293

#15 ChronicSlicer

ChronicSlicer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444562
GolfWRX Likes : 741

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Dude makes some nice/different stuff, prices are even good compared to the other "boutique" custom guys. His prices just go to show how much people overpay for the other guys products.

#16 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

Rookie

• 38 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

I had the boys down at Cru golf design me a custom headcover for my Cushman because it deserves something like this. I know David is working with a few companies on design of his own (which I will buy once he gets them) but I just couldn't wait. I played again this past Sunday on some slippery greens and only had 26 putts. I seriously can't understate how much I love this putter

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1691.jpg
  • IMG_1690.jpg
  • IMG_1689.jpg

LH 50, vokey sm5 black
LH Callaway MD3 58 black

Also tagged with cushman, putter, custom, socal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors