Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Hills Wet Dog Food PSA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:21 AM

If you feed your dog Hills Wet Dog Food the FDA recalled 20 different kinds due to high levels of Vitamin D.

Just FYI

Protect the pups

Edited by BB28403, 06 February 2019 - 01:21 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11827

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

Sending a bunch back to Chewy.com this week.  Sad, Hills is usually quality.

#3 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11827

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

My dog had a rough couple of weeks and now we're wondering if it was the Hill's?

He already has renal issues and many of the symptoms he already had so we think the recalled food made him worse.

He's better now, and that's what's important, so if you have an older dog be careful with this recall.

#4 padget

padget

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249594
  • Ebay ID:padgeta
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Good looking out!

Our dogs food was one of the ones listed but fortunately not part of the recall due to the date it was made.

Would have been a real kick in the ;$@ to go through the whole process this dog has been through to get to the right food only to end up hurting it with it as well. She’s older but healthy and had slowed down eating so we started feeding her whatever to just to get her to eat. I figured her last years she deserved to eat some people food and table scraps occasionally. What a mistake! Our dog ended up having pancreatitis and after a few weeks of us being careless with her diet we ended up in the emergency vet all night and then another week with her normal vet for monitoring. It wasn’t pretty, she was violently ill. Now she is on the chicken and Hill’s I/D wet food diet and eats like a horse for the most part. We thought we were helping and being kind but boy did we feel guilty and stupid when we found out.

Thanks again and the best to everyone and their pups.

#5 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

I just do not understand how the Vet’s office sell this stuff and some of it actually makes the pets sick.  I had a uncle who fed his dogs collard greens and sweet potatoes as well as did doggie acupuncture and pool therapy when a vet said the dog would never walk again.  Well the dog walked again!

Crazy what nutrients can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors