Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

An hour on launch monitor, how much should it cost?

trackman cost launch monitor

54 replies to this topic

#31 ewe8523

ewe8523

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446418
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

View Postbobcat88, on 04 February 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

I wish a place near me would have this option. I don't really want to rent out the simulator at Golf Galaxy or Dicks for an hour and have people around nonstop.

A golf dome does have Trackman, but they only allow access to it when getting fitted for something there. I've asked if I could just rent it out at times they didn't have fittings scheduled and they weren't open to it.

I usually just grab a couple of clubs off the used rack and tell them Iím comparing them to my current clubs in order to hit for free. It doesnít solve your concern about having people around, but at least itís free. Sometimes around 7:00 on weeknights Iím the only one in my local GG too.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Atrayn

Atrayn

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73203
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

View PostMatt J, on 04 February 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

A friend and I have floated this as a business plan.  Curious to hear others' accounts of their local market.

Interesting that the rates are similar regardless of the LM yet the monitors vary largely.  I'd like to buy a Trackman as we would use it for outside fittings in the summer, but hard to justify the added expense.

....my retirement plan:

I'm about to finally buy another house since we moved back to IL two years ago. My plan is to build a heated building outside my house that will have a Trackman, bar etc. I already have friends willing to pay for time on it next winter....I'll put in the tee/net outside this summer as well so I can conduct private lessons away from the course I currently work at.
"Someday, it may even be possible to construct some kind of machine
that will swing a golf club as well as it can possibly be done." "That is probably as close to
the perfect swing as it would be possible for human beings to get." Ben Hogan 1965 SI

2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ KBS tour S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

#33 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

45+ inch drivers are evil.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6279

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

View Postewe8523, on 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I wish a place near me would have this option. I don't really want to rent out the simulator at Golf Galaxy or Dicks for an hour and have people around nonstop.

A golf dome does have Trackman, but they only allow access to it when getting fitted for something there. I've asked if I could just rent it out at times they didn't have fittings scheduled and they weren't open to it.

I usually just grab a couple of clubs off the used rack and tell them I’m comparing them to my current clubs in order to hit for free. It doesn’t solve your concern about having people around, but at least it’s free. Sometimes around 7:00 on weeknights I’m the only one in my local GG too.

Hahaha!   Your GG must be pretty relaxed.  Mine are full of a bunch of idiots. I stopped going to my GG when they told me they were going to have to charge me “range time” to demo a used iron if I wasn’t going to buy it.

I looked at the kid thinking it was some sort of bad joke.  I Waited for the punchline.  Nope. He was dead serious.  

I told him he could take the club and shove it up his a$$.  It would be a cold day in hell before I pay to demo  a golf club in a golf shop.

I Left and didn’t go back for two years.

I have a buddy that works a 1/2 mile away..  He liked to PUTT on his lunch break.  They eventually told him they were going to CHARGE HIM TO USE THE PUTTING GREEN if he wasn’t intending to buy anything.  Fools.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

#34 bobcat88

bobcat88

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 520682
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 05 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I usually just grab a couple of clubs off the used rack and tell them I’m comparing them to my current clubs in order to hit for free. It doesn’t solve your concern about having people around, but at least it’s free. Sometimes around 7:00 on weeknights I’m the only one in my local GG too.

Hahaha!   Your GG must be pretty relaxed.  Mine are full of a bunch of idiots. I stopped going to my GG when they told me they were going to have to charge me “range time” to demo a used iron if I wasn’t going to buy it.

I looked at the kid thinking it was some sort of bad joke.  I Waited for the punchline.  Nope. He was dead serious.  

I told him he could take the club and shove it up his a$$.  It would be a cold day in hell before I pay to demo  a golf club in a golf shop.

I have a buddy that works a 1/2 mile away..  He liked to PUTT on his lunch break.  They eventually told him they were going to CHARGE HIM TO USE THE PUTTING GREEN if he wasn’t intending to buy anything.  Fools.

I get the same vibe from the guys at my GG. During the winter I'd go in a couple times a month, just to see if any new stuff had come in on trades and they'd always look angrier and angrier each time I swing by.

For starters if they had reasonable prices on used clubs, I'd probably shop there more. Stopped in for the first time in a few months over the weekend and a couple of the used M3s they had were priced $20 higher than the brand new ones they had left in stock.

#35 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

45+ inch drivers are evil.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6279

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

View Postbobcat88, on 05 February 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 05 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I get the same vibe from the guys at my GG. During the winter I'd go in a couple times a month, just to see if any new stuff had come in on trades and they'd always look angrier and angrier each time I swing by.

For starters if they had reasonable prices on used clubs, I'd probably shop there more. Stopped in for the first time in a few months over the weekend and a couple of the used M3s they had were priced $20 higher than the brand new ones they had left in stock.

Bad management, bad pay, high turnover, very little knowledge = crappy experience.  I detest the place.  

Anyone in Columbus, go to Par Golf Discount in Dublin on Sawmill.  Dan the man owns it. Small shop and he’s had it for decades and he gives a damn.  Excellent  club repair skills as well.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

#36 niscur24

niscur24

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3228
GolfWRX Likes : 826

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

I was just chatting with a buddy about this last weekend. I would honestly pay $50-75 an hour to sit on a launch monitor with my clubs/ball of choice and fit myself or see what my data looks like with current gear and shafts I have lying around. I thoroughly enjoy the tinkering but naturally like most I cannot afford the high end launch monitors for home use. Set it up, let me loose, and give me a print out of the data when I done.

Hell, I could honestly see myself using something like that several times a year.
Titleist 917D3 9.5 TS 74
Titleist 917F2 16.5 Speeder TS 8.2
Titleist 917F2 21 Rombax 8X07 Tour Issue
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW AMT
Titleist JDM Vokey TVD-R 50/54
Titleist JDM Vokey Forged 58
Some form of a Scotty

PLUS A PLETHORA OF NIKE BACKUPS

WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

#37 ewe8523

ewe8523

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446418
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:58 PM

We have two GGs in the Raleigh area (we used to have three). They are both different in this respect. Unfortunately the people at the one closer to my house are unfriendly and I dislike all of them and therefore do not shop at that store. The one further away is larger, has more used clubs, better prices, and they are much friendlier. Theyíve never given me any issues hitting clubs in the simulator.

#38 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

No place like the Sand Hills!

• 6,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 604

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

A few courses in my area (Omaha, NE) have set-up hitting bays with screens/projectors with a Trackman or Skytrak.  It's typically $25-$35 an hour...no print out...but all the results are there for you to view, obsess and over-analyze as you wait for warmer weather.

#39 Shinners

Shinners

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356665
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Do you guys have any recommendations in the Orange County area?

Edited by Shinners, 05 February 2019 - 04:27 PM.

#40 Sushiyoshi

Sushiyoshi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92737
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Any place in San Jose area?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 4rheel

4rheel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Shinners, on 05 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Do you guys have any recommendations in the Orange County area?

I haven't been there yet but hear the Olympic Golf Zone (at the Source mall in Buena Park) has sim range/stalls.  Been meaning to go check it out.  I think they are affiliated with a golf shop so you can demo clubs there as well.

#42 mister2cool

mister2cool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
GolfWRX Likes : 400

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

vietnameeh, on 05 February 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

where can I find this deal bay area CA lol

everyones charging $150+ hour, and you need to be supervised

Damn I guess I did my business model for the wrong area!!!
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

#43 bkirkley09

bkirkley09

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475662
  • Handicap:20+
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

So I am just curious but would you guys rather spend less and use a skytrak or GC2 or spend kore and use a quad or track man? Like what would you spend for an hour of each? Just trying to judge interest and actual utility of each monitor.

#44 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11824

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

Our plan was to integrate it with some other "sporting goods" concepts.  We have a full work shop of club building equipment between us, so we would do club work.  I used to be a bicycle mechanic so we would close a couple of bays and fix and sell used bicycles in the summer.  We were considering a beer and wine license deal to put some taps in and sell beer for "league" or bike mechanic teaching clinics, etc.

I don't know about selling used junior sports equipment like hockey and football stuff, but it seems that could be lucrative.  Maybe some ski and snowboard stuff as I worked in that industry for a long time.  Not too expensive to put a belt and stone in and tune skis and snowboards.  Mounting skis and boards is easy peasy too.

Seems the most lucrative models are selling very value oriented new stuff and used stuff and leaving the expensive OEM's and inventory to the more specialty stores.

I'm thinking one Trackman so we could do outdoor fittings at a local range during the summer and the other bays use something less expensive that would work as a decent SIM in the winter.

I think we could rent the space from one of the partners that owns some industrial real estate.  But, he's not going to rent it to us at a loss, and we wouldn't ask him to do that, but I think if his mortgage is paid he's reasonable about his return on some investment and some build out.  It's really a labor of love as there's just not much money in it.

#45 mikewohlwend

mikewohlwend

• 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55293
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

kdog25, on 05 February 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

MaineMariner, on 05 February 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

I live in the Pittsburgh area. As far as I'm aware, these are the only simulator options we have:

3Trak simulator - $48 per hour

FullSwing Golf e6 simulator - $36 per hour

Trackman - $42 per hour

I have no idea what those first two simulators are or how accurate they may be. Golf Galaxy has a GC Quad, but I have no idea how you go about reserving those. In fact, I'm not even sure you can? There's also a Golftec and a Club Champion in the area, but as far as I know you can't just rent out their simulators.

Cool Springs in Bethel Park have simulators available for $48 an hour.

I think it's cheaper for the heated bays with the ball tracking info outside. Been a year since I was there. So who knows

#46 enfuego

enfuego

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486146
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

About the range in Dublin, OH mentioned above... I went there when I was in town for a few days and two of us charged the same $25/person/hour to share a bay. So as a single it would be $25/hr but if there's two of you its $50/hour and you hit half as many shots.. We played a round of golf that if we booked two separate bays (which were open) would cost us $25/each and we're done in an hour. Instead it took us 2 hours and $50/each to play one round. Next time I'll just go by myself but I would think there would be an incentive to have more than one person on a bay at a time, maybe $35/hr for two people.

#47 MaineMariner

MaineMariner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510374
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

mikewohlwend, on 05 February 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

kdog25, on 05 February 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Cool Springs in Bethel Park have simulators available for $48 an hour.

I think it's cheaper for the heated bays with the ball tracking info outside. Been a year since I was there. So who knows

The "3Trak" thing is the indoor simulator at Cool Springs. I really know nothing about the technology, so I can't say if it's worth the $48 an hour.

I've used the Top Tracer (or Pro Tracer?) bays several times. I left it out of my post because I don't really whether you can call the technology a "launch monitor". I believe it's the same technology used at Top Golf facilities. I'm not 100% sold on it. I got some really messed up data a few times, mostly at the ends of my bag. Like it'd tell me I was hitting 115 yard 60 degree wedges and then 200 yard drivers and fairway woods. Maybe it was something to do with how I launch the ball, or how the machine is calibrated or something, but it seemed like it was seriously overestimating the bottom of my bag while simultaneously underestimating the top. The ball speeds seemed about right, though, so it's probably whatever math is used to calculate distances. Also, the middle of the bag seemed pretty spot on.
Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, 12.5 deg.
Srixon Z F45 4 wood, 16 deg.
Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood, 20 deg.
Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid, 22 deg.
Cleveland Mashie 5 hybrid, 26 deg.
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, 6 - GW
Cleveland CG16 54 deg.
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB 58 deg.
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S, Rosemark 1.52 grip

#48 bladehunter

bladehunter

Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20740

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

$ 50 hr for me.  Outdoor trackman.  But youíd be shocked how much you can do in an hour.  Itís about all you want at once.
Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X

Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

#49 jmtbkr

jmtbkr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122982
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

tree fiddy

Attached Thumbnails

• download (4).jpg

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Ping G15 5W
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Srixon Q Star

#50 bobcat88

bobcat88

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 520682
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

Found this on the Trackman site. You can look up locations that have a Trackman and most of the ones on the site are rentable, some are at Private Country Clubs.

https://mytrackman.com/public/locator

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 vietnameeh

vietnameeh

HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93431
  • Handicap:36.4
  • Ebay ID:vietnameeh
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:49 PM

For the Bay Area, CA folks. I found trackman rental supposedly it's $45/hour but closed for the "winter"

PM me!
Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
#vietnameeh

#52 halliedog

halliedog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30624
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

Jagpilotohio, on 05 February 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

bobcat88, on 05 February 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Jagpilotohio, on 05 February 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

ewe8523, on 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

bobcat88, on 04 February 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Bad management, bad pay, high turnover, very little knowledge = crappy experience.  I detest the place.  

Anyone in Columbus, go to Par Golf Discount in Dublin on Sawmill.  Dan the man owns it. Small shop and he’s had it for decades and he gives a damn.  Excellent  club repair skills as well.

If this is the same place I'm thinking of, my Dad used to take me there every winter while we were in town for high school basketball championship weekend @ St John's Arena and the Holiday Inn on Lane.  I was about 12 at the the time (back in very early '80s), and that place seemed huge to me!  It was like walking into an Austad's catalog if you remember those!

We usually just went to look, and he may buy some balls or other nik-naks, but around the time I was 12-13 and just starting the game, I fell in love with a Wilson 8802 they had on the used rack and he actually bought it for me - wish I still had that putter!  I'm in Akron now, but go to Columbus several times a year on business, will definitely have to hit that place up next time and see if it's the same place.
WITB:
TM M1 8.5* w/ Aldila Rip Alpha 45.5
Ping TiSi Tec 7.5* w/ Elements Chrome 43"
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW
Nevada Golf Guy 53-08 w/ KBS Tour V X
TM "Un-Ghosted" Tour 880

#53 HuskyFan

HuskyFan

• 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512054
  • Ebay ID:joale-53
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

In the Seattle area there is a place that charges $15 an hour for indoor trackman unsupervised. No option to print out your shots but you could always take pictures of the results.

#54 junkfry

junkfry

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 945
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

Man, all the bargains out there! Where I live it started at $75 an hour on Trackman a few years ago, now it's $200 for an hour. If you purchase a driver or iron set, then it goes toward the purchase. But just to try new gear..... not worth it.

#55 Dirt555

Dirt555

• 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506628
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

Skaffa77, on 05 February 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

A few courses in my area (Omaha, NE) have set-up hitting bays with screens/projectors with a Trackman or Skytrak.  It's typically $25-$35 an hour...no print out...but all the results are there for you to view, obsess and over-analyze as you wait for warmer weather.

I'm also in Omaha. What courses?

Also tagged with trackman, cost, launch monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors