Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bandon Dunes Caddy Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 schwaz19

schwaz19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57103
  • Ebay ID:schwazoo
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Good afternoon
Headed to Bandon this July and have a couple of general questions regarding their caddies.
1). Caddies you have used who you recommend for a group of average golfers mid 80-90s shooters who are fun knowledgeable and donít mind taking a pictures during rounds?
2). I know the caddy fee is $100 but on average what did you pay the caddy per round?  Did you after each day or at end of your stay?
Thank you in advance.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 mallrat

mallrat

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
GolfWRX Likes : 1587

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

I average $120 per caddy but do $150 if he is awesome. That time of year I believe many caddies double bag or prefer to double bag so if you want a single you should be prepared to compensate for that. Having them double bag is not a big deal especially if you match up members in your group by distances and playing styles (donít match have him double bag for a guy who hits it 230 and slices and another hits it 280 with a duck hook).

Kent is an awesome caddy, many here recommend John the Baptist but never used him. Sven is also top notch. There is a member here (look in the Northwest sub forum) who is starting to caddy there.

#3 tad950

tad950

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510780
  • Handicap:14.8
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

Payment is due following each round. If I have multiple rounds scheduled with the same caddy, then I will give the extra tip after the final round.

We play in early spring, so single loops are the norm. And there seems to be a certain amount of resentment if one caddy in the foursome double bags, and the other two are singles. The caddy I plan on using again this year, is a retired business man, who prefers singles.

Most of the caddies at Bandon are pretty great. But I've seen a couple that just weren't very good. And one I had was a big time Prima Donna.. But I can be a hack. So m aybe she got blisters from all the bunkers she had to rake for me.

#4 johnnylongball

johnnylongball

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29601
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

I recommend Chris.  I had him this past August.  He could read a green better than any caddy I've ever had.  His personality would be a good fit for the group you described.

#5 schwaz19

schwaz19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57103
  • Ebay ID:schwazoo
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

johnnylongball, on 04 February 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

I recommend Chris.  I had him this past August.  He could read a green better than any caddy I've ever had.  His personality would be a good fit for the group you described.

Thank you. Do you happen to know Chris’ last name.

#6 johnnylongball

johnnylongball

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29601
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

Sorry schwaz I don't know Chris' last name.  And there was nothing really out of the ordinary about him I could use to describe him to help identify him (average height, build, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors