Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bad experience at club champion. Nashville

48 replies to this topic

#1 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81695
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:23 PM

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says “why are you here? I doubt we can improve on these”.  Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasn’t going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here who’ve been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. I’ll never go back. Fitter was Brett

I only got to hit the F9,M5 and epic flash and 3 irons apex pro, Miura mc 501 and new level. I only got to try 2 different shafts for all the drivers. He almost didn’t let me hit the Miura’s after I said those are sweet I’ve been wanting to try those. Before I hit the miuras he said I couldn’t just pick what I thought looked cool to hit. He said those are similar to my 919’s and I won’t see any improvement in performance but probably a decline. Well he was wrong. Miuras 6 iron went 10 yds further than my 919’s lol. 188 vs 178. He ended up trying to sell me a set of mc 501’s. He also told me my kuro kage xd 60tx was a $600 shaft lol.

I hate to be one of the people on here complaining but I needed to vent and hopefully y’all have a better experience.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11829

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Perhaps you should have asked for the store manager and a different fitter?

You're the customer.  Don't pay for something that is not satisfying.

#3 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 815

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

The PXG is low spin. That’s why you asked for it but with the right shaft , weight settings you can achieve what you want. I’m not a fan of club champion. Call pxg and get fitted through them I just did and we tested so many shafts with weight adjustment. Super great experience.
PXG 0811x Gen 2 / Accra TZ6 65x
TM M3 15 degree Kuro Kage Proto 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
Taylormade MG 52,56,60 KBS tour
Mannkrafted MA/66
Titleist prov1

#4 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

View PostMatt J, on 02 February 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Perhaps you should have asked for the store manager and a different fitter?

You're the customer.  Don't pay for something that is not satisfying.
They only had two workers in the store and the other guy was fitting another guy. You’re right, I’ve contacted corporate. I paid before hand

#5 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostJojodimaggio, on 02 February 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

The PXG is low spin. That’s why you asked for it but with the right shaft , weight settings you can achieve what you want. I’m not a fan of club champion. Call pxg and get fitted through them I just did and we tested so many shafts with weight adjustment. Super great experience.

Will do. I was just taken aback by the whole experience.

#6 nikeblades00

nikeblades00

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82587
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

That's terrible. I hate the know it all condescending A-holes that seems to be so common with in club fitters. Sure there are alot of good ones but tons of jerks as well. You need to complain and get your money back.

#7 benthegolfer

benthegolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64748
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

View Post3wood, on 02 February 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says “why are you here? I doubt we can improve on these”.  Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasn’t going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here who’ve been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. I’ll never go back. Fitter was Brett

I only got to hit the F9,M5 and epic flash and 3 irons apex pro, Miura mc 501 and new level. I only got to try 2 different shafts for all the drivers. He almost didn’t let me hit the Miura’s after I said those are sweet I’ve been wanting to try those. Before I hit the miuras he said I couldn’t just pick what I thought looked cool to hit. He said those are similar to my 919’s and I won’t see any improvement in performance but probably a decline. Well he was wrong. Miuras 6 iron went 10 yds further than my 919’s lol. 188 vs 178. He ended up trying to sell me a set of mc 501’s. He also told me my kuro kage xd 60tx was a $600 shaft lol.

I hate to be one of the people on here complaining but I needed to vent and hopefully y’all have a better experience.

I had a very similar experience with the same fitter at this location. Walked in, he eyed my sticks, and then basically acted like I didn't need to be there. Wanted to do the same as you -- see how some new things / exotic offerings stacked up against what I was gaming. I ended up leaving in an hour. The putter fitting was helpful so I chalked up the $180 spent (went during the half off full bag special) to a better idea of what flat stick I should be gaming. He wasn't particularly happy when I didn't buy anything, even though nothing he put together for me was better. I am relatively consistent and I wasn't expecting a landslide by any means, but I would have been willing to purchase had something been a much better fit. It is what it is, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Taylormade M6 9.0 Project X T1100 Evenflow White 65g 6.5
Taylormade M5 Ti 14 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-8TX
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Dynamic Gold AMT Tour X100
Titleist AP2 718 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour X100
​Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08 DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM7 54.08 DGS400
​Titleist Vokey SM7 60.04 DG Spinner
Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Mid 34"
ProV1x

#8 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296925
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:eddiebigeddie
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

I’ve never been down there (Club Champion)....but I HIGHLY recommend Errol at Profectus Golf at Gaylord Springs. I did a fitting back in the fall and he was EXCELLENT to work with. We talked about my bag, where I buy clubs etc and how I’m a tinkerer with clubs. Also told him the things I “think” I know about golf which helped move things along so we didn’t waste time on things. Basically whatever I wanted to hit I could have.
Cobra F9………………………...Fujikura Atmos TS Black or Blue 6
Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…......…Project X HZRDUS Red 75
Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........….Aldila Tour Blue 85
Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)…Project X LZ 6.5
Cobra King Black (54/10)......….Nippon Modus 115
Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)........KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Odyssey MXM-V #9Ht

Bennington LQO-9
Grint...eddiebigeddie

#9 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

View Postbenthegolfer, on 02 February 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

I had a very similar experience with the same fitter at this location. Walked in, he eyed my sticks, and then basically acted like I didn't need to be there. Wanted to do the same as you -- see how some new things / exotic offerings stacked up against what I was gaming. I ended up leaving in an hour. The putter fitting was helpful so I chalked up the $180 spent (went during the half off full bag special) to a better idea of what flat stick I should be gaming. He wasn't particularly happy when I didn't buy anything, even though nothing he put together for me was better. I am relatively consistent and I wasn't expecting a landslide by any means, but I would have been willing to purchase had something been a much better fit. It is what it is, but I wouldn't recommend it.
He’s definitely in the wrong business. I would’ve bought the irons if it would’ve been a better experience. I felt so unwelcome. Guess I’m back to buying and trying off the bst

#10 Minarets

Minarets

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28043
GolfWRX Likes : 396

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

Eric wasn’t your fitter was it?
Edit: just see his name was Brett

I know Eric there and he is great.  Been doing this forever for a young guy.  He fitted me for clubs 15 years ago.   I think he is the manger but could be wrong.  I don’t know Brett. You should ask to work with Eric.  I’ve never been inside CC but i know Eric is legit and a great guy.

Edited by Minarets, 02 February 2019 - 07:59 PM.

Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
Putter: SeeMore mFGP
Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Tzoid

Tzoid

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 620

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

So you paid for a Full Bag Club Fitting and the guy felt you had clubs that are as good as anything they sell ?  That may be the case but he could have fitted you into heads and shafts that better fit your swing.  I'm guessing that's what you were trying to accomplish.

Edited by Tzoid, 02 February 2019 - 08:07 PM.

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

#12 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

View PostMinarets, on 02 February 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

Eric wasn€™t your fitter was it?
Edit: just see his name was Brett

I know Eric there and he is great.  Been doing this forever for a young guy.  He fitted me for clubs 15 years ago.   I think he is the manger but could be wrong.  I don€™t know Brett. You should ask to work with Eric.  I€™ve never been inside CC but i know Eric is legit and a great guy.
I saw Eric working with another guy and he was hitting everything I wanted to try lol.

#13 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:06 PM

View PostTzoid, on 02 February 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

So you paid for a Full Bag Club Fitting and the guy felt you had clubs that are as good as anything they sell ?  That may be the case but he could have fitted you into heads and shafts that better fit your swing.  I'm guessing that's what you were trying to accomplish.
Exactly. I was hoping to make some tweaks such as shafts, loft. Just looking for better consistency

#14 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

You are basically a formula 1 driver going into a pep boys.  Your best bet is to stick with going to Ferrari for your upgrades my friend.

#15 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

View PostBB28403, on 02 February 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

You are basically a formula 1 driver going into a pep boys.  Your best bet is to stick with going to Ferrari for your upgrades my friend.
I thought they were one of the best. Do you have any recommendations?

#16 Krt22

Krt22

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
GolfWRX Likes : 3239

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

Sucks it turnee out like that. For me the shaft fitting was the most important part.

They had me swing my gamer, tried some of the shafts they recommended, I tried some of shafts I thought I'd like. Then tried a bunch of heads. I ended up with the same iron head, much different shaft. Completely different driver shaft/head.

But putter firing was also worth the $$ alone 😂

Edited by Krt22, 02 February 2019 - 10:06 PM.

#17 BB28403

BB28403

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:09 PM

View Post3wood, on 02 February 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

My instincts say:
-someone on WRX or who reads WRX and gets what we are all about here.
-Someone who you can tell, knows more than you about the products you are interested in.
-Who responds via email, Twitter, instagram, text ...etc to your questions beforehand .

I use Chip Usher in Savannah, GA.  He is a superb Miura dealer.  He had a semi pro career I think.  He knows A lot about clubs.  Good guy
He is very good at mailing you clubs too.
I buy all my Miura irons and wedges from him.

But overall, ask around and get recommendations , I feel Like a really talented fitter would open up his own shop rather than work for a Club Champion being worked to death.

Edited by BB28403, 02 February 2019 - 10:11 PM.

#18 Shipwreck

Shipwreck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125845
GolfWRX Likes : 1607

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Screw that noise. Glad you contacted corporate and hopefully they will rectify this situation pronto. Id have had no problem telling him that if he didnt feel like he could improve what I have, maybe someone with some actual knowledge and experience would be better suited. Its not like youre Dustin Johnson walking in there asking to be specked out or something

#19 tomuch23

tomuch23

tomuch23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352927
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

View Post3wood, on 02 February 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Horrible experience. Guy looks at my bag and says why are you here? I doubt we can improve on these.  Bag: G400 lst 8.5,TS D3 jpx 919 irons. He asked where I got my gear and I said golfwrx and some retailers. He made a back handed comment about getting gear from here. I had feeling this wasnt going to be good experience. I was pumped to try the new PXG and F9 with all the buzz and thought my review could help some guys out here whove been asking for comparisons. After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO its too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldnt just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine. He seemed pissed when I told him this. I skipped hitting my wedges, 3 wood and utility iron so I could get out of there. Never felt so uncomfortable. Wasted a 3hr drive and $$$$. Ill never go back. Fitter was Brett

I only got to hit the F9,M5 and epic flash and 3 irons apex pro, Miura mc 501 and new level. I only got to try 2 different shafts for all the drivers. He almost didnt let me hit the Miuras after I said those are sweet Ive been wanting to try those. Before I hit the miuras he said I couldnt just pick what I thought looked cool to hit. He said those are similar to my 919s and I wont see any improvement in performance but probably a decline. Well he was wrong. Miuras 6 iron went 10 yds further than my 919s lol. 188 vs 178. He ended up trying to sell me a set of mc 501s. He also told me my kuro kage xd 60tx was a $600 shaft lol.

I hate to be one of the people on here complaining but I needed to vent and hopefully yall have a better experience.

Golf galaxy!
Srixon Z785 9.5
TaylorMade M1 15
TaylorMade Aeroburner tp 19/22      
Srixon Z565 5i-Aw
Cleveland Cbx 54/58
Cleveland #4 putter        
Project A/Q star tour.
Ogio Silencer

#20 johngalt312

johngalt312

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400790
  • Ebay ID:johngalt312
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

I am sure Club Champion corporate will [try to] make it right.  I have only dealt with Club Champion Chicago and Club Champion Oak Brook (HQ) and they have been/are phenomenal.  Great people, great service, great builds.  No, they are not inexpensive, but they - in my experience - do an excellent job, regardless of what you purchase from them.  Sorry to hear about your negative experience - hope that in the end it works out favorably.  And no, I have zero skin in Club Champion.

G400 Max Driver
G400 3-Wood
G400 5-Wood
i210 Irons 3-P
Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
Jani-King Towel

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Shipwreck, on 02 February 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Screw that noise. Glad you contacted corporate and hopefully they will rectify this situation pronto. I’d have had no problem telling him that if he didn’t feel like he could improve what I have, maybe someone with some actual knowledge and experience would be better suited. It’s not like you’re Dustin Johnson walking in there asking to be specked out or something
I wanted to tell him to go kick rocks but after driving so far I just dealt with it. Looking back I should’ve talked with the manager and left.

#22 indianalawnguy

indianalawnguy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124590
  • Ebay ID:armington2006
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:39 AM

Weird??? So he told you the PXG was too low spin for you??? What drivers had you hit before asking about the PXG and what kind of numbers are we talking?
Even if it was too low spin i dont see why he wouldnt let you hit so you could see for yourself!
What a let down man!

#23 GL3

GL3

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 520322
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:31 AM

That sucks!  It’s not like a full bag fitting is cheap either, plus the drive!  I hope you get your money back and then some.  Good luck!
M3 9.5 - Shaft is a continuous work in progress!
GBB Epic 13.5 - Shaft is a continuous work in progress!
TM UDI 2 17* - PX 6.5
JPX 900 Forged 4-GAP - DG X100
T7 53*
T7 56*
T7 60* - Rotational
Huntington Beach #3

#24 BMC

BMC

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108173
  • Handicap:YES
GolfWRX Likes : 3231

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine.

It sounds like you wanted to demo clubs and not be fit for what's best for you.  Not trying to be an a$$, but he was doing what a fitter does.  His bedside manner was not good.

To get the most out of a fitting, you need to let them take over, then at the end, ask to hit some clubs you like, not ten minutes in.
Callaway Epic Flash driver
Rogue 4 wood
PING i25 irons
Vokey wedges
Odyssey #1WS

#25 diablocrusher

diablocrusher

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178350
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

After reading about your experience and others at that location it appears the fitter is just one of those who doesnt want to work. Weve all worked with that guy, the one who spends more time trying to get out of doing work than actually doing it.

Telling multiple people who walked in why did you come, we arent going to do better than what you have  is pretty much saying I dont feel like going through all the different clubs with you so just hit a few and get outta here so I can go back to solitaire on the computer.

Sounds to me like a bad employee who needs to find a new line of work.

Driver - Cobra King F6
3 wood - Diablo Octane Tour
Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
Putter - Yes! Callie

#26 otw

otw

Doug Ferreri

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71548
  • Ebay ID:otw55t
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

Had the same experience at a CC.  Told the fitter what I wanted to try.  Without seeing me swing he judged my Swing Speed on my grey hair and said it would not fit me.  He gave me ultra light shafts which were duck hooking.  After 30 minutes I left with never trying want I wanted. Contacted corporate and did get a refund.

#27 Marc446

Marc446

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141083
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

Had a bad experience w Club Chump myself. Got full refund. Cool Clubs from now on.

#28 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

indianalawnguy, on 03 February 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Weird??? So he told you the PXG was too low spin for you??? What drivers had you hit before asking about the PXG and what kind of numbers are we talking?
Even if it was too low spin i dont see why he wouldnt let you hit so you could see for yourself!
What a let down man!
A g400 and a TS3 I brought with me lol. Said I hit the g400 perfect lol

#29 indianalawnguy

indianalawnguy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124590
  • Ebay ID:armington2006
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

3wood, on 03 February 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

indianalawnguy, on 03 February 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

What a let down man!
A g400 and a TS3 I brought with me lol. Said I hit the g400 perfect lol

Wow. I would have been bummed too. Chalk it up as a bad experience!

#30 3wood

3wood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

BMC, on 03 February 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

After hitting a few drivers I asked to hit the PXG, he immediately said NO it’s too low spin. The fitter was a condescending a******. I wanted to leave 10 mins into my full bag fitting. Kept telling me this was a fitting and I couldn’t just try stuff that I liked. Told him that I wanted to try the new gear that recently came out to see how it stacked up against mine.

It sounds like you wanted to demo clubs and not be fit for what's best for you.  Not trying to be an a$$, but he was doing what a fitter does.  His bedside manner was not good.

To get the most out of a fitting, you need to let them take over, then at the end, ask to hit some clubs you like, not ten minutes in.
I get that but I didn’t ask to hit certain stuff 10 min, he was being an a$$ at the start and didn’t stop. I wanted to be fit by trying everything that I thought would be good for me. That way I can leave knowing it won’t work and not have any second guesses. I would’ve never known the Miura mc 501 was the best iron for me without asking.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors