Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Mizuno FLI-HI

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Mizuno FLI-HI (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinon Count!

1. 5 (Best) (36 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. 4 (16 votes [28.07%])

Percentage of vote: 28.07%

3. 3 (1 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

4. 2 (1 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

5. 1 (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

Introducing the new FLI-HI utility long iron, designed to replace difficult to hit long irons and to bridge the gap between fairway woods and the iron set. Now, Mizuno combines the distance and trajectory of a fairway wood with the accuracy and control of an iron in the all-new FLI-HI utility iron. Featuring a redesigned face shape, a new forged material in the face and neck, and the next generation of CORTECH face design, the easy-to-play FLI-HI utility long irons generate a high, controllable trajectory for soft landings and consistent distance control.

The new FLI-HI is easy to play from any where on the course, delivering high, controllable and precise shots.

Mizuno Fli-Hi II Features:

* Grain Flow Forged 4135 high strength steel in the face and neck for a more solid, soft, consistent feel, with maximum durability.
    * Re-positioned CORTECH design utilizes three distinct face thickness to deliver consistent distance control and feel across the entire face.
    * New Face Shape: Lower profile face and a lower toe which in turn aids in lowering the COG. A Thicker Top Line inspires confidence at address. Increased off set help square the face at impact.
    * Cavity back design with Hollow Technology construction positions weight away from the face for increased forgiveness and a higher launch.
    * Re-designed bounce and sole design for consistent ball striking ability.
    * Hi-tech stainless steel back shell provides precise COG placement for a high, easy launch.
    * Modified U-Grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum play-ability in all conditions.
    * Mirror satin chrome finish for a classic Mizuno appearance with the exceptional durability of chrome.

Attached Images

• mizflihi.jpg

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 lysaght68

lysaght68

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8702
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

Mizuno Fli-Hi II 21 degree with Nippon 950 stiff.

This club is ideal as a long iron replacement.  Unlike many wood shaped hybrids, for me the loft equates to similar distances as comparably lofted long irons that I've owned but with much more forgiveness and playability out of the rough.  I had mine built to the same length as the 3-iron would be in my set if I had one.  The feel is slightly firmer than my MX-23's but much softer than cast irons I've owned (the face is forged of a slightly stronger material than the normal Mizuno iron forgings).  I had an 18 degree version last year and the only thing I didn't like about it was the stock steel Fli-Hi Sensicore shaft, I had the stiff version and it felt soft with no pop to it.  The only possible negative that I can think of is that some low handicappers might not prefer an iron-like club with a bit of offset and thicker topline.  If you want a lightweight steel shaft, the Nippon 950 ($10 upcharge) feels infinitely better than the stock steel offering.  If you love the TT or Rifle steel shafts in your current irons, Mizuno can most likely build one with that shaft installed because their custom department offers most of the high end steel shafts.  Also unlike most hybrids, this head is lie adjustable to allow for an iron-like custom fit.

I rate it a 5.
Rapture V1 10.5 BB
Rapture V1 14
G15 2,4,5,6 HY Recoil 95
G15 7-LW CFS
Karsten TR B60

#3 Diesel

Diesel

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20859
  • Ebay ID:ckneasel
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

Has anyone tried the new cut muscle Fli-Hi's...?

#4 LongballShaw

LongballShaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20545
  • Ebay ID:kenliz

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

I just got my Fli-Hi cut muscle 18* 2 iron last week and LOVE it.  The design gives it a great sweet spot for a 2 iron type club.  It easily carries 20 yards further than my 3 iron Callaway X-tour.  Workability is great as I can fade, draw, straightball and drive low with subtle set up changes.  In my first round with it on my shortish, narrow course I used it 8 times and put myself in great position on 7 occasions.  For the money, its a great buy.

Ken

#5 lefty92

lefty92

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24353

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

Has anyone played the MP FLI-HI?

#6 Big Al

Big Al

I like my coffee BLACK, just like my metal!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1472
  • Ebay ID:phyco_biker_al

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

View Postgolfercody, on Mar 23 2007, 08:08 PM, said:

No I haven't, but I just bought one and will let you know how it goes??
Al

#7 lefty92

lefty92

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24353

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

View PostBig Al, on Mar 23 2007, 03:07 PM, said:

View Postgolfercody, on Mar 23 2007, 08:08 PM, said:

No I haven't, but I just bought one and will let you know how it goes??
Al
Great, thank you.

#8 bladenomore

bladenomore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26268

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

I have the 21 & 24 degree Mizuno MP FLIHI Cut muscle utlity Iron to replace my 3 and 4 iron. They are really good, gets up the ball really quick and it seems to hold the line in the wind and lands softly. Great club to use off the tee too.

#9 Pigboy

Pigboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29285

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Any thoughts on how this would be with rifled shafts?  I currently have rifle 5.5s in my MP60s.  
thx

#10 golfebj

golfebj

Golfebj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4903
  • Ebay ID:golf.ebj

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

I just picked up the the MP Fli-Hi Cut Muscle utility and it's a great club.  Easy to hit off the tee and while it gets up it doesn't balloon which is great awesome for windy conditions.  Didn't try to much fairway stuff thus far because I haven't played/practiced in several weeks and we're still in the dating phase.   :partytime2:

I may reshaft it and I have 6.0 shaft that I can put in to match my irons but I may just leave the DGSL S300 in it.  Balance felt really good so don't fix what's not broken right?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 nikkidad

nikkidad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38631

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:58 PM

I have a 21 degree with the stock stiff graphite. Such a nice club off the tee, fairway or rough. A classic GI hybrid.

#12 d0n

d0n

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34814

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

This is a review of the MP Fli-Hi 3i w/ s300 shaft.  I got this club a week or so ago.  This club is very long and low.  Off the deck from the fairway it flies low but carries 220 w/ 20-30 yards of roll.  If I go after it I can see carry distances in the 240-250 range but risk a mishit.  I'm getting the same distance results off the tee as I am off the deck.  It's very straight and shot dispersion is much better than the clk version.  I have the clk versions (17*, 20*, 23*, 26*) but their accuracy is no where near these MP's.  The MP version is just as easy to hit as the CLK but the MP is much easier to draw and the ball flight is considerably lower.    From the ruff, the MP seems to do better the CLK. Carry distances are about the same between the CLK and MP but the MP rolls much further though there's no way I could carry any kind of obstacles with the MP.   This is a very good hybrid!

#13 lbhitter

lbhitter

BadaPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2346
  • Ebay ID:LBHITTER
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

I just got a Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4 Iron 24* loft and love it.  I hit it farther than my Adams Pro Idea 23* hybrid, which I thought was great.  These are pleasing to the eye, super forgiving, and very accurate.  What's not to like?

LB
Ping G25 Diamana Blue
Ping G25 3w Diamana Blue
Callaway Steelhead 5w
Ping i25 Steelfiber
Ping Ketsch
Tour Gorge 50, 56  Eye2 60 / DGS200

#14 scottyallanb

scottyallanb

Berkley High School Golf Coach

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18537
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

I have a 24* MP Fli-Hi Cut Muscle and to me it is a life saver!! Replaced the 3 and 4 iron in my bag. Great club on those short par 4's of the tee and dont see in leaving the bag any time soon. Had the older versions and they were nice also. I installed a rifle 6.0 and am looking for a 21*.

Scotty B

#15 Chile Guy

Chile Guy

Chile Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21137
  • Ebay ID:rudolph1golf

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

I have 3 and 4 Fli Hi Cut Mucsle Hybrids replacing irons of the same designation.  I bought both with DGS 300 stiff shafts and found them difficult to hit.  I had reshafted the MP57 irons with a set of Flighted Rifle 6.0's (5 thru PW) and found it really helped with the irons.  I had the 3 and 4 shafts left over from the shaft set and thought "Why Not?"  Both clubs really came to life.   It never occurred to me to try the Rifle hybrid shaft and so far I am very pleased with the results.  I have always been hybrid inhibiited finding hybrids that don't look like irons and sort of look like 1904 woods don't perform for me. I have tried a great number from the major manufacturers  including the Ben Hogan models, Taylor Made, Nickent, Adams and so on.  I always have been a pretty good iron player and so the MP's set up like my irons and I have found this to be most beneficial in hitting them with confidence which improves a players shot quality.  I have found the MP's not so workable like my irons, but straight and boring flight 205 yds. for me with the 4 is nice in windy New Mexico.  The three is a really good option off the tee on shorter narrow par 4's or long par 3s.  Very nice clubs with Mizuno forging quality shining through.  I like the way they look like irons.  My playing partners were shocked to see that they were indeed hybrids.  Had them fooled for a few holes.

Edited by Chile Guy, 30 May 2008 - 01:59 PM.

The Chile Guy

#16 kwijyboy

kwijyboy

Just a hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33898
  • Ebay ID:kwijybo1
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

I have just bought a 21 degree Fli Hi from Global golf.  I was not sure if I could hit it well considering it is a muscle back and a low lofted iron.  I hit it today and it has a great sound and the ball goes very straight and far.  Not as high of a ball flight when compared to my MX-19 4 iron, but surprisingly easy to hit and it goes very straight.

My only question is that if I use this club, do I lose the "get out of the rough" feature of traditional hybrids?

I have also ordered a single MX-950 3 hybrid off the bay.  There will be competition between the 2 for the hybrid spot in my bag.

#17 Mizzy Two Plane

Mizzy Two Plane

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71045
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

I bought my MP FLI-HI 21* with the stock graphite shaft stiff about two weeks ago and I love it.  Granted we are still in the honey
moon phase.  This club is replacing my mp 67 3 iron at the moment.  After three rounds of golf in Colorado when the average temperature was 45* and the wind was blowing a steady 17 mph I can say that this club does not balloon anymore than my current three iron into the wind.  The FLI-HI does launch significantly higher (similar to a short iron for me).  The stock graphite feels firmer than it plays in my opinion but I don't have any numbers to back that up.  This club wants to go straight when hit.  I had a hard time hitting   a small draw with it.
Mizuno MX 700
Cobra bio cell + 14.5 and 18.5
MP 67 3-PW
Vokey SM4  52/8 and 58/12
WITB Link

#18 TheIronChef

TheIronChef

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68473

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I bought an MP FLI HI 2i. Damn it's hard to hit. The feel is very close to MX 25, so it's not bad. But it's about as hard to hit as a MX 25 3 iron. I would recommend this to single digit hcers only.

#19 brandon nebel

brandon nebel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121016

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

View PostTheIronChef, on 12 June 2009 - 10:40 PM, said:

I bought an MP FLI HI 2i. Damn it's hard to hit. The feel is very close to MX 25, so it's not bad. But it's about as hard to hit as a MX 25 3 iron. I would recommend this to single digit hcers only.

i have heard a ton of mixed thoughts on this club. several people on ebay selling them claiming theyre hard to hit then people raving about them in here. im torn on what to do. i was looking at the mx-100 as well. i like the face of the mx-100, looks like an iron witht he body of a hybrid. what do people think about the mx-100 compared to the MP fli hi

#20 spires1020

spires1020

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136480
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

I purchased a 21 degree to replace the 3-iron in my MP-60 set. I did not find it easier to hit, and the hollow feeling of the club didn't help. Aside from the looks of the club, I can't say anything really great about this club.

Callaway RHT 9.5 | Mizuno MP Ti 16.5
Nike VR Pro PC 3 | Nike VR Pro Blade 4-P
Nike VR Forged 52-56-60 | SC Cal Del Mar

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Jack Pearsall

Jack Pearsall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125708
GolfWRX Likes : 270

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I have the MP Fli Hi cut muscle at 24* and 21* and a '10 MP Fli Hi at 18*

The CM version is a little heavier, even though it is hollow. It isn't a bad thing that they are a little heavier than a regular iron, or the '10 version. I have one with a proj X 5.5 and one with DG R300 (24*). Because of the shafts, I tend to swing a little smoother with these clubs, which is always a pretty good idea with long irons. I swing them as I would a long iron/fairway wood with a low take back and a sweeping the ball approach. The ball flight is mid to mid low depending on what I am attempting. The 24* degree flies higher, both because of the higher loft but the DGR300 is a softer, higher launching shaft than the projx, even at 5.5.

the '10 MP Fli Hi is lighter, less bulky and has a thinner top line than the CM version. A tidier clubhead.
The ball flight is low, boring. I have to throttle myself back with these as I am usually hitting into a specific spot like a green.

All are great wind clubs, or just long iron replacements. They aren't as easy to hit as a hybrid, but you cant hit most hybrids and get them to do what these do - stay lower, under the wind.

really, for me, these are wind clubs, as I play on very windy courses and keeping the ball low is essential.
Titleist 909DC 9.5*
Taylormade 300 Series 15*
Srixon ZR-UTI 18*
Srixon Z-TX 3-PW
Odyssey XG #3
Zodia 52*, 56*

#22 Nudga

Nudga

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117905
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

I got the 24* Fli-Hi with a NVS Aldila shaft (4 iron Replacement), and I find I can hit the ball with confidence and its does seem to go higher and land softer than my 4 Iron.
I'd recommend one.
Adams FAST 12 #1
Cleveland Mashie #3
Titleist 909h,
Cleveland CG Red 4-PW
Eidolon 52 / Callaway JAWS 58cc
Yes! Bella

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors