Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anybody using a bullseye putter? Tell me about it?

42 replies to this topic

#31 wazandnic

wazandnic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18664
  • Ebay ID:wazandnic
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:48 AM

View Posteverlast08, on Aug 24 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

i just bought this.....    :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

If you just bought this... why is it still for sale? Do you mean just put an offer in on this?

But that is a beauty! Butch is a big big fan of the Bullseye!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 wazandnic

wazandnic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:52 AM

View Postwhateverworks, on Aug 25 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

Tiger has a Cameron Tour Bullseye now SC made with a becu insert in it he uses to practice with...

This is true... back when Tiger was using a TeI putter Butch had two Bullseyes made with the BeCu insert for Tiger to practice with... I don't think he still uses it though! Pic below... the ultimate Bullseye IMO!  :)

Attached Images

• TW_Bullseye.jpg

#33 wazandnic

wazandnic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

View Posteverlast08, on Aug 24 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

nice collection waz....  

i want the black one.

Thanks mate... that is the Classic III, Scotty's take on the Bullseye prior to signing with Titleist. There was only 150 of these made... I have 2, one is mint and the one shown has been refinished but gamed a couple of times... actually had it for sale on Ebay just recently as decided I only needed one, but had no bids!  :)

Waz

#34 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 4766

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

The putter in my avatar is my backup Bullseye, I have another in my bag that is exactly the same minus the bullseye logo on the back.  I have always loved bullseyes, except that the old Rueter designs were mostly too light.  I found this current putter at a proshop one day lightly used, and just like the look.  I have found that it helps my short putting tremendously, with my old anser putter that I used for 15 years I was always a great lag putter but poor short range putter.  Now I am the best putter I know making 4 and 5 footers.  I really like the alignment and the feel of hitting one pure, much like people who play blades.  Also the weight of this putter is great, very heavy, keeps my storke smooth.  

I just personally think that having a simple non offset blade with no gimicks is so much easier to line up than a 3-ball or Spyder or whatever is trendy.  I also think that needing a putter with a high MOI is laughable, I mean if you can't hit a putter on the sweetspot you have serious issues, IMO.

As you can see my gamer is getting a little beat up, might be getting close to send it back for a re-finish, but the sweet spot is still in good shape, so I am in no hurry.  I kind of like making putts with a old beat up looking blade, while everyone else is missing with $300 works of art and high tech contraptions.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo_112307_004.jpg
  • Photo_112307_003.jpg

Edited by dlygrisse, 25 August 2008 - 08:12 AM.

Callaway GBB 11.5
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway X Hot2 9 wood
Ping G 4-U
Miura 53 Y grind
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO x4

#35 everlast08

everlast08

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57054
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

no, i didn't buy it. the seller wanted too much.

Edited by everlast08, 26 August 2008 - 10:37 AM.

#36 Hansch99

Hansch99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52240
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

I'm on a big Bullseye kick right now.  I've had an old brass Acushnet Offset Flange in my closet for years, and not too long ago I pulled it out just for fun.  I was quite impressed with how easy it was to line up, how smooth it stroked (very smooth for a relatively light head compared to modern putters), and how soft it felt.  In fact, that 20-year-old putter felt so good and gave me so much confidence that it knocked my C&L out of the bag.

Never content enough to stop putter shopping, I added a 2002 Scotty Cameron 33/350 Platinum Heavy Flange Bullseye to my collection, and I think it's going to be my gamer once I lengthen it a couple of inches.  It's even softer than the brass Bullseye, and the extra weight and alignment dot help me get the ball on line better.  It has pretty much the same general look as the brass Bullseye, and it helps stave off the comments from playing partners--and all us Bullseye players have heard them--to get a real putter and return the Bullseye to the mini-golf course.  

I think one of the main virtues of the Bullseye is that it's pretty much center-shafted, but it also has toe flow.  With the sweetspot just a hair inside of the shaft, you get what I've always considered to be the main benefit of a center shaft: more control.  But for those of us who don't have a S-B-S-T stroke, the Bullseyes still have about 5 o'clock toe hang for the flanged, offset models (the standard blades hang straight down, and provide even more toe flow), and that helps the putter release through the ball.

#37 taylawayist

taylawayist

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168927
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 SvenOlsen

SvenOlsen

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 315411
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

View Postjhd12, on 17 June 2008 - 10:15 PM, said:

I own about 15 putters. 14 of them are late model (last 2 or 3 years) high cost, high tech, names you would recognize that claim to be state of the art engineered, designed, and manufactured. Believe me, if I listed them you would recognize every single one.  Hand made, inserts, exotic materials, moi, weights, balanced, special shafts & grips and on and on - you get the picture.

But I putt the best with a 15 year old, no tech, no name bullseye putter that looks like it was stolen from the local miniature golf course. This thing couldn't have cost more than $10 when it was new 15 or 20 years ago. Truly no tech - not even an alignment line.

Anyone else using a bullseye as your go-to putter? What are you using? Have you tried the new (non-bullseye) stuff?
Yessir - I have played for nigh on 50 years - started as a kid of 14, and I still have my first putter - a Bull's Eye. Over the years I have tried many putters, but alway went back to my trusted BE, and since I developed a "soft spot" for those beautiful putters, I am the extremely proud owner of "about" 17 of them.

On slow greens the best version is with the flange - but my home course sports something like concrete greens during most of the season, and the BE gives me superior control.

#39 super20dan

super20dan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139761
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 659

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

i have never understood why this putter is so popular. the only putter desighn i wont use is a bullseye.
73 hogan apex

#40 oldschoolrocker

oldschoolrocker

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126943
GolfWRX Likes : 3721

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Never leave home without one.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 rekalj

rekalj

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194518
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

I picked one up the other day and messed around with it.  Standing over it, I couldn't help thinking about a SeeMore.  If your aim is correct with this, the shaft will hide the heel just as a SeeMore shaft hides the red dot in their alignment system.

#42 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 771

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Here is mine...........

Posted Image
Ping i15 8° - Whiteboard 73x
Adams Super LS 13.5° - Whiteboard 73x
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95s
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper 120
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper 120
Cobra Tour Trusty 50° - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 55° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

#43 Lowtech2

Lowtech2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422236
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:Lowtech2
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

View Postjhd12, on 17 June 2008 - 10:15 PM, said:

I own about 15 putters. 14 of them are late model (last 2 or 3 years) high cost, high tech, names you would recognize that claim to be state of the art engineered, designed, and manufactured. Believe me, if I listed them you would recognize every single one.  Hand made, inserts, exotic materials, moi, weights, balanced, special shafts & grips and on and on - you get the picture.

But I putt the best with a 15 year old, no tech, no name bullseye putter that looks like it was stolen from the local miniature golf course. This thing couldn't have cost more than $10 when it was new 15 or 20 years ago. Truly no tech - not even an alignment line.

Anyone else using a bullseye as your go-to putter? What are you using? Have you tried the new (non-bullseye) stuff?

I only have 8 putters. �� The bullseye I game is the brass one with a circle sc. Evidently Scotty Cameron in addition to the silver bullseye line also did a take on a the classic brass bullseye. Mine also says Reuter Design. Another reason I think the putter is popular is the crimped flexible shaft. It contributes to the feel that the bullseye is reknown for

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors