Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

"Sponsorships" for Junior Golfers?


36 replies to this topic

#31 BertGA

BertGA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500442
  • Joined: 04/29/2018
  • Location:Georgia
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

I mean, if you canít win golf tournaments, win the sponsorship contest.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 leezer99

leezer99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1324

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:15 AM

Can't wait to see this movie.
Attached File  1548825341247.jpg   94.67K   13 downloads

2

#33 BertGA

BertGA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500442
  • Joined: 04/29/2018
  • Location:Georgia
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostBertGA, on 28 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

I mean, if you can’t win golf tournaments, win the sponsorship contest.

And just like that, Rickie won! Just in time to make my post look silly.

I did see him tossing underwear out to the crowd on 16 Saturday. That was priceless.

3

#34 ChipNRun

ChipNRun

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253750
  • Joined: 06/01/2013
  • Location:St. Louis area
GolfWRX Likes : 397

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

I know that college golfers can get discounts on golf equipment. Can any college coaches explain details - and rules - on this?
What's In The Bag *...

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
  or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
Wedge:  Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +  
MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |   
Putter:   Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
Bag:   Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball:   Calla SuperSoft
   * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
   ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.

4

#35 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 2049

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:20 AM

View PostChipNRun, on 07 February 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

I know that college golfers can get discounts on golf equipment. Can any college coaches explain details - and rules - on this?

Im about 98% positive college players get free equipment.  Ucla is sponsored by TM. They get whatever they want.

Correct me if Im wrong.


5

#36 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7649

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:01 AM

View Postkekoa, on 07 February 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

View PostChipNRun, on 07 February 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

I know that college golfers can get discounts on golf equipment. Can any college coaches explain details - and rules - on this?

Im about 98% positive college players get free equipment.  Ucla is sponsored by TM. They get whatever they want.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Often the college buys the clubs for the kids.  But someone is paying for it unless itís for a top player.  NCAA rules prohibit players from receiving clubs directly from a manufacturer like juniors can.

6

#37 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 2049

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 07 February 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

View Postkekoa, on 07 February 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

View PostChipNRun, on 07 February 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

I know that college golfers can get discounts on golf equipment. Can any college coaches explain details - and rules - on this?

Im about 98% positive college players get free equipment.  Ucla is sponsored by TM. They get whatever they want.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Often the college buys the clubs for the kids.  But someone is paying for it unless it's for a top player.  NCAA rules prohibit players from receiving clubs directly from a manufacturer like juniors can.

Thanks.  That's why is said 98% sure. :)

I was exchanging DM's with a marketing guy at TM and asked about his thoughts on young kids and some type of club deal.  He said 8-11 too young and highly unlikely unless they know somebody.  12 and older very possible if the kid is a stud.

7



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors