Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arccos Link

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Joker91

Joker91

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

A new belt clip device that means you don't have to keeps your phone in your pocket. It has me interested.

Kinda hope they will include it in some package with the club tags all together.

https://www.arccosgo...a7ca01300dfcf61

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Duke of Hazards

Duke of Hazards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57683
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

I wonder if this device will act as a workaround to their broken Android app.

#3 thaar

thaar

Best 3-putter in town!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197314
  • Handicap:Ugh
  • Ebay ID:thaar
GolfWRX Likes : 431

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

I'm curious whether this will have better success recording shots. My phone doesn't miss many, but it would be nice for it not to miss any with this device.

As for the Android app, what issues are you having? I have an Android and haven't really experienced any issues. Granted, I haven't used the app in a few months since golf season for us is over, but I'd be surprised if anything has changed since then.
Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
Edel E-1

#4 ogc

ogc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371561
  • Handicap:15.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

Granted I haven't used Arccos yet as I was holding out to see if anything compelling was released during the PGA Merch Sho. IMHO $60 and definitely $80 on top is sort of a lot to ask people to pay just to have a more reliable experience. Would have liked to seen this bundled

#5 pgetzen

pgetzen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160585
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

I got the email from them today and to be honest, I have gotten kind of used to having my IPhone X in my front pocket.  Not sure I want to pay to move to a clip on the belt.  But still thinking through.  Interested to hear what others think.

King Cobra F8+ Driver
King Cobra F8 3 Wood
Ping G400 Crossover 3 Iron
Ping I200 4-UW
Ping Glide 54, 58
Ping Sigma Kinloch CS

#6 res0991

res0991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 508726
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

I received the email today as well. I went ahead and pre-ordered. I havenít played enough rounds with my systems to get used to my phone being in my pocket. I also tend to check email and text while I play so I easily forget about putting my phone back in my front pocket.

$60 might be a little pricey for the add on, but Arccos won me over early on with awesome customer service - so Iíll happily contribute to their products and company.

#7 Augustok

Augustok

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435478
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

In the FAQ in that email is this “What about using the Apple Watch without my phone?

Towards the end of March we will be releasing a new Apple Watch app that will provide another no-phone-in-pocket solution for Arccos users. This will be compatible with Series 3 and Series 4 watches. ”

I think this is what I’m waiting for.  This is the year I plan to record stats and see if I can improve for a change.

#8 thaar

thaar

Best 3-putter in town!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197314
  • Handicap:Ugh
  • Ebay ID:thaar
GolfWRX Likes : 431

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

I shot a note to Arccos yesterday regarding shot detection, and this was the response I received.

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. We anticipate Link to improve things overall. It should fix any GPS issues, should improve shot detection, eliminate all battery drain issues. So while there may be a missed shot here and there it should be improved.

I'm not certain it's worth $60, but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it so I can focus more on my game rather than pulling my phone out regularly to ensure my shots were recorded.
Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
Edel E-1

#9 Duke of Hazards

Duke of Hazards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57683
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

View Postthaar, on 23 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm curious whether this will have better success recording shots. My phone doesn't miss many, but it would be nice for it not to miss any with this device.

As for the Android app, what issues are you having? I have an Android and haven't really experienced any issues. Granted, I haven't used the app in a few months since golf season for us is over, but I'd be surprised if anything has changed since then.

I don't have Arccos.  I'm an Android user and have held off on considering Arccos due to the overwhelming negative feedback on the Android app (namely battery drain, missed shots, and app crashing).  I'm not a developer, but its curious that the app could work so well for iPhone and drastically inferior for Android.   I'm glad that you've not experienced any issues but you seem to be the outlier, based on most of the online feedback in the Google Play Store and numerous golf websites.

Based on your last post quoting  Arccos' customer support team alluding to elimination of 'issues' closely matching those reported by Android users, it's possible that this new Link was a two birds with one stone solution to correct the ongoing Android app issues as well as the major complaint from all Arccos users, which is having to keep the phone in front pocket (which personally doesn't bother me, but apparently many others).

#10 pgetzen

pgetzen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160585
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

View PostAugustok, on 24 January 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

In the FAQ in that email is this “What about using the Apple Watch without my phone?

Towards the end of March we will be releasing a new Apple Watch app that will provide another no-phone-in-pocket solution for Arccos users. This will be compatible with Series 3 and Series 4 watches. ”

I think this is what I’m waiting for.  This is the year I plan to record stats and see if I can improve for a change.

If they are going to release something for the Apple Watch, that might be worth waiting for, for me as well

King Cobra F8+ Driver
King Cobra F8 3 Wood
Ping G400 Crossover 3 Iron
Ping I200 4-UW
Ping Glide 54, 58
Ping Sigma Kinloch CS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors