Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Proudest/best day of your golf career

32 replies to this topic

#31 Forward Observer

Forward Observer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194852
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:43 AM

The day I walked with my daughter in one of her junior tournaments.  She was 12 or 13 at the time.  Temps were in the low 50s, the wind was 15-20 and it was spitting light rain.  The other girls in her group looked miserable. As she was carrying her bag up the hill to the green on this one hole, she turned to me and said, "I LOVE this game!".  Warmed my heart.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 USAF Retired E7

USAF Retired E7

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381628
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

May 2011, watching my son qualify for state by finishing 3rd out of 74 players in his sectional round in 30 mph winds.
M2 Driver, 16 Degree and 19 degree
PXG 0311 4-Pw
Vokey 50 and 56
Odyssey O Works #7, red

#33 Petethreeput

Petethreeput

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146815
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 726

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

1. Walking with dad all over Scotland playing golf. Old Course was the special course.
2. Maybe not the proudest, but most memorable for sure. I bought a putter and took my 2 y/o with me. We were there for about 45 minutes and my child was angelic as I tested putters. Ended up buying a first run S.C. Futura which I still have in the bag. To reward my child we stopped at a c-store and we bought big ice cream sandwiches. We get home about 10 minutes later and my child is covered in ice cream. My wife exclaims, My god! How much did that thing cost? (Looking at the putter). My child says, A dollar.
My wife still thinks I was coaching the response, I think she was talking about the ice cream sandwich. Regardless, it is still a mystery to my wife, but 16 years later it may be moot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors