Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 1 votes

Pending TaylorMade Announcement


703 replies to this topic

#31 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20660

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Question Iíve got is where the $ is going to come from?

Edited by bladehunter, 13 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 940

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Maybe they’ve partnered with General Electric to introduce a lightzier light bulb....hence, lighting up the industry????
Ping G400 Max 9, Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade M3 3HL, Tensai Blue 7X
Callaway Apex 20, KK 8X
TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Ping Tyne, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

2

#33 00steven

00steven

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484428
  • Joined: 10/15/2017
  • Location:Northern MI
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

View Postgetitdaily, on 13 January 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Brooks or Spieth or Champ...

These are the only ones to justify the wording.
Driver: Taylormade R15
3 Wood: Taylormade M2
3 Hybrid: Nike Covert 2.0
4-PW: Titleist AP1
Wedges: 52/56 Titlest SM5 60 Titlest SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

3

#34 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 917

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

View Post00steven, on 13 January 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 13 January 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Brooks or Spieth or Champ...

These are the only ones to justify the wording.

Someone who gets it...finally

4

#35 duffer987

duffer987

    $1300+ for Cally irons?!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Joined: 09/03/2012
  • Location:Canadian in California
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 7139

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostDNice26, on 13 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Maybe they’ve partnered with General Electric to introduce a lightzier light bulb....hence, lighting up the industry????
Ha! I was thinking lightbulbs too, lol.
But if I was to take a left-field punt I'd say the NCAA or an NCAA conference... maybe the 'light' of the PAC-12?


5

#36 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2709

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

When did I miss that Rickie playing a TM ball is the worst kept secret?
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

6

#37 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

    Bourbon Neat

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:SE
GolfWRX Likes : 805

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

View Post00steven, on 13 January 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 13 January 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Brooks or Spieth or Champ...

These are the only ones to justify the wording.

Thomas, Finau? They would also fit the wording. Not saying either would switch, but if we are just tossing around huge names..

7

#38 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2709

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

Iím guessing itís Woody Austin.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

8

#39 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20660

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

Maybe Langer ?
Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

9

#40 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    The GOAT

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 23957

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:59 PM

If it was Tom Gillis he would've already tweeted it

Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Tustin Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 838

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

Probably going after a long bomver  then release a bunch of markings to say their still the longest driver in golf.

11

#42 BMC

BMC

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108173
  • Joined: 05/18/2010
  • Location:The South
  • Handicap:YES
GolfWRX Likes : 3213

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Tiger and Rory couldn't keep Nike equipment afloat.  So, why should any of us care about this topic?
Callaway Epic Flash driver
Rogue 4 wood
PING i25 irons
Vokey wedges
Odyssey #1WS

12

#43 Vardon Grip

Vardon Grip

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75258
  • Joined: 02/14/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

In an all world make up call: They sign El Tucán as their LATAM rep for, hmmmm, something north of $3k?

13

#44 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4881

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

If Rickie is the spokesman, does this mean Taylormade is getting into financial services, mortgages and insurance? He does a lot more ads for that than golf equipment.
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

14

#45 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
  • Joined: 11/05/2016
  • Location:Middle of somewhere
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

View Postjll62, on 13 January 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

View Posttoc, on 13 January 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Rickie would fit the description but not for just playing the ball.  Brooks is awesome but I don't see him being a guy that really moves clubs, Spieth is more marketable despite his recent struggles.  Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's a lady like Lexi.  My extreme dark house prediction is jack nicklaus.

When I was at TaylorMade for their 2019 product launch, they made a big deal about how they see themselves as a ball company now. Signing a big name player to a ball/glove deal absolutely fits within that sort of statement. It doesn't have to be any more than ball for someone like Rickie to be a big deal.


View PostGoGoErky, on 13 January 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm betting it's Rickie and then we will see some others signed to ball deals or other non traditional TM contracts but Rickie will be the first domino

Edit: btw Rickie isn't on titleist your page as a ball guy anymore and hasn't been for about a month

That's my speculation, as well.

Wouldnít be surprised to see Sneds get some sort of deal for a ball too


15

#46 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
  • Joined: 11/05/2016
  • Location:Middle of somewhere
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

View PostSoCalTitleist, on 13 January 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Rickie is the Face of Cobra , I think they would hold on to him for dear life .  Plus he doesnít  fit the description .

Cobra doesnít make a ball and he never wore puma gloves.  TM is changing how they do business and getting Rickie on a ball/glove deal will be huge

16

#47 dbleag

dbleag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
  • Joined: 02/12/2006
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 1031

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Maybe they signed The Club Pro Guy.

Cool beans for him if so.

17

#48 toc

toc

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263080
  • Joined: 07/10/2013
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 1946

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Light up the industry just doesnít sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isnít anything new thatís for sure!
Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool:  metal
Ball Marker: quarter
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

18

#49 clemsontiger

clemsontiger

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63527
  • Joined: 08/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Patrick Reed?

19

#50 CheckJV

CheckJV

    Male Model

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93640
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Before anybody starts any crazy rumors I am not signing with TaylorMade.

I wonder if TaylorMade is buying Sears?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 wkndhack

wkndhack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425792
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 381

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

It's Fleetwood.
Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
Bettinardi QB8
Srixon Q-Star Tour

21

#52 Showtime9

Showtime9

    MonsterHeel

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496882
  • Joined: 03/22/2018
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:Showtime2111
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

Could be Club Pro Guy?

22

#53 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 2515

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostFrom_Parts_Unknown, on 13 January 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day.  This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before.  Please stay tuned.  You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet.  We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf.  We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,


David Abeles
CEO TaylorMade Golf"


So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else?  Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now?  And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter.  I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff.  Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending?  What a joke.  Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.  

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

23

#54 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20660

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 13 January 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

View PostFrom_Parts_Unknown, on 13 January 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day.  This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before.  Please stay tuned.  You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet.  We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf.  We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,


David Abeles
CEO TaylorMade Golf"


So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else?  Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now?  And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter.  I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff.  Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending?  What a joke.  Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.  

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

Aha !  Goood question.
Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

24

#55 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
  • Joined: 11/05/2016
  • Location:Middle of somewhere
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

View Posttoc, on 13 January 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

Light up the industry just doesnít sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isnít anything new thatís for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldnít light up the industry?  Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company


25

#56 Asiangolfer1995

Asiangolfer1995

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152137
  • Joined: 12/24/2011
  • Location:Orlando, FL
  • Handicap:+2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

I have three guesses:

Tommy Fleetwood: (11 Club Deal with golf ball)

Rickie Fowler (Ball/Glove Only Deal)

Patrick Reed (8 Club Deal, w/o golf ball)

26

#57 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215077
  • Joined: 12/09/2012
  • Location:Carlsbad, California
  • Handicap:+2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostAsiangolfer1995, on 13 January 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

I have three guesses:

Tommy Fleetwood: (11 Club Deal with golf ball)

Rickie Fowler (Ball/Glove Only Deal)

Patrick Reed (8 Club Deal, w/o golf ball)

I think it will be all three in the same announcement.

27

#58 herdman

herdman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134989
  • Joined: 08/02/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 239

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Tommy Fleetwood is a great golfer, but not a huge splash. Fowler? FOr a ball or glove deal? Nobody would really pay attention.

The CEO wrote:  a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before

They already have Rory. And, Tiger (the biggest name in golf in a generation).

It has to be someone outside of golf.

It has to be someone who would light up the industry. Who would light up the industry. Well, an athlete who lights it up. That means a basketball player. That means a basketball player who golfs and is recognizable. A current golfer is not going to be bigger than Tiger.

That either means one or two people. Steph Curry or Michael Jordan.

I am not sure they can afford Michael Jordan. But, you never know. That leaves Curry.   Curry is the probably the second most popular Current basketball player in the world right now just behind Lebron James. I don't think Lebron James is known for golfing.

Curry is trying to get a PGA tournament going or sponsor it.

My guess is Curry.

28

#59 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
  • Joined: 11/05/2016
  • Location:Middle of somewhere
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

View Postherdman, on 13 January 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

Tommy Fleetwood is a great golfer, but not a huge splash. Fowler? FOr a ball or glove deal? Nobody would really pay attention.

The CEO wrote:  a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before

They already have Rory. And, Tiger (the biggest name in golf in a generation).

It has to be someone outside of golf.

It has to be someone who would light up the industry. Who would light up the industry. Well, an athlete who lights it up. That means a basketball player. That means a basketball player who golfs and is recognizable. A current golfer is not going to be bigger than Tiger.

That either means one or two people. Steph Curry or Michael Jordan.

I am not sure they can afford Michael Jordan. But, you never know. That leaves Curry.   Curry is the probably the second most popular Current basketball player in the world right now just behind Lebron James. I don't think Lebron James is known for golfing.

Curry is trying to get a PGA tournament going or sponsor it.

My guess is Curry.

Fleetwood would be a big snag for the euro market. Rickie playing a tp5 ball would be easy to market the switch from titleist and dig at the #1 ball.

Isnít Steph curry already under some ambassador deal with Callaway?

29

#60 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 2361

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

Having Fowler endorse the TP5 would be a big get. Tiger shills on tv for TM and B'Stone, so why not Fowler for Puma and TM?

PING G400 Max 10°
PING G400 16.5°
PING G400 hybrid 19°
PING i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway XHP 5-AW
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns 9306
Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors