Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Grint! Tour Season 3: Race To Sand Hills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

My Girl Duffners

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6168

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

Hey everyone!

I am super jacked about this upcoming season. The first two were so much fun and this year should be better. As of now, I do plan on having an actual outing this year! A small stay and play for 3 days or so in the sand hills of NC. Now in order to do this, I will need a realistic headcount in order to make it happen. The sites will be Tobacco Road, Tot Hill, and a third option possibly. It will more than likely be in the warmer season (thinking possibly August or September). If we can get at least 8 people that would be awesome, but if we can get 12 or so, we can certainly do something pretty cool. Especially with how the app can do live scoring/tournaments and what not. Any way!

If you would like to be a part of this year's tour please send me a PM. Even if you were a part of it last year please do this. If I don't get a PM I am going to clear those who do not. Please include your First and Last name, Grint ID, and location. This will help us make sure the right person is added.

Here are the general guidelines for the Club and Events:

1. All members must be golfwrx members interested in fun monthly events to unite us across the the country.

2. Honesty on scoring is a must!  We are depending on you to be honest, and for you to realize that you are not and never will be a professional golfer.  We think you're cool though, which counts for something.

3. You may play from any tee you desire, but again, please be honest and choose the tee you normally would/should play.

4. Keep score to the best of your ability according to the rules of golf when posting your monthly event scores. This is for fun, but please no mulligans, try to putt everything out, etc.

5. You may use only one combined 9 hole scores for events. The other recorded round of the month must be 18. Again, be big boys and girls and do this with integrity. No reason to cheat the system.

6. Rounds must be elected event rounds before the round begins (via app. If you do not know how to choose this, please ask!). Do not quit tracking halfway through because you feel it's not going well.

7. Players need to track stats along the rounds through the app. Tie-breakers are dealt with stats such as putts, GIR, FIR, Grints, etc.

8. The chairman and vice chairman (DarthMaduro/CigarNate) have the right to put in place any new rule/regulation they see fit to keep the club happy and running smoothly.

9. There will be Two Events a month that are compiled of one round each. Season runs from March-October (16 total rounds). Events will start the first day of the month and run to the last day of the month. The highest 8 rounds will be dropped and lowest 8 rounds will be used for scoring. Scoring will be total score for the year.

10. If posting Event Rounds here with pictures/scores, please try to remember to state what event it is and which round (ie: March/Round 1)

11. Have fun!!

DISCLAIMER: This club has in no way shape or form any endorsement, agreement, or formal association with the GolfWRX website, its staff, or its sponsors.

To post combined 9 hole rounds.

1. Log onto the Grint online (not phone app)
2. Click scores tab/link up top
3. Click Add Score in the Top Right Corner
4. Click Combined 9 hole score option
5. Now choose courses and 9s you played for each score card
6. Be sure to click on Club event from the Drop down menu
7. Fill Out Score card with scores and stats
8. Click Club Tournament Score (above submit button)
9. Submit score
10. Upload Score cards pictures

Forever Changing at this point.......

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 cbrwn425

cbrwn425

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415218
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

PM sent, excited to participate again and hopefully play a lot more golf in 2019 than I did in 2018.

#3 Sam_Wise11

Sam_Wise11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485418
  • Handicap:1.4
  • Ebay ID:hallmasa
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Interested! PM sent
Driver - Callaway Rogue SubZero 9* w/ Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g
4 Wood - Callaway Rogue 17* w/ Graphite Design AD GP 8x
Utility - Srixon U65 20* w/ Graphite Design AD DI 95x
Irons - Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100 - +.5", 2* up
Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 4's 52*S/56*S/60*C w/ True Temper X100 Black Onyx Tour - +.25", 2* up
Putter - Odyssey 3T
Ball - Taylormade TP5

#4 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

Serial Shanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 3753

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

PM sent.  Not sure what my Grint ID is though...

Would love to participate in a meet-up but NC is a long way from CA so not sure if that'll be realistic for me.  

Thanks Papa J for putting this together again.
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

#5 jatrain

jatrain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234643
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

PM sent.

#6 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

My Girl Duffners

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Gentlemen,

Trip has been set up! I am trying to see if maybe one more round could be added, but will see. Now with this being the first ever live event of our Tour, it is smallish. I am trying to test the waters and see how much interest goes with this one. If we can at least get people here, then we can try and make them a little better each time. I'm willing to put in the work to plan these things, but it's up to yall to commit and actually do it. Now onto the details,

Event: WRXWeb Tour Championship 2019
Dates: August 23/24, 2019
Courses: Mid-Pines and Tobacco Road
Cost: $320 per person
*Cost includes one night stay at the Best Western, one round of golf at each course, and entry Fee (this fee will cover some type of comp. either prizes/skins/etc)
Format: Still Deciding. If we get even numbers and at least 8-10, then maybe a team format could be done...... Will be handicapped though appropriately.
Prizes: working on it, but just so yall know, the prizes won't have to do with who wins or loses. It is about fun

Obviously don't need a firm answer now, but I want people to mark it down and look at trying to make it happen. I will bump this post every now and then to remind yall. If I don't have enough people to sign up before a certain date, it won't be happening.

Attending:
1. PapaJohick

#7 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296925
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:eddiebigeddie
GolfWRX Likes : 400

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

Thanks Papa for all you’ve done for this Tour!  I would love to get to this event, but with the date chosen I’m a firm out...anniversary that week and would be divorced if I went :(
Best of luck getting it going though.
Cobra F9 (10.5)…………………….Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 6
Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…...............Project X HZRDUS Red 75
Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5)............…...Aldila Tour Blue 85
Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)...…..Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM6 (54/14)............……….Nippon Modus 115
Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)............KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Odyssey MXM-V #9Ht

Bennington LQO-9
Grint...eddiebigeddie

#8 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

My Girl Duffners

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

View Posteddiebigeddie, on 19 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Thanks Papa for all you’ve done for this Tour!  I would love to get to this event, but with the date chosen I’m a firm out...anniversary that week and would be divorced if I went :(
Best of luck getting it going though.

haha ya better not plan a golf trip for that weekend :)

That's ok though. Hopefully this goes well and we can do this more than once a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors