Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Spieth back to old Driver


85 replies to this topic

#61 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
  • Joined: 10/06/2016
  • Ebay ID:Aronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View Postlowheel, on 30 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostAaronwilson_95, on 29 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostJ13, on 29 January 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostJoeJoeJoeUrBoat, on 14 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

I just think Speith had a great year and a half where he couldn't miss putts. He peaked very early, still has some wins in him... But nothing like what he was in 2015. He doesn't dominate the game in any category anymore. As soon as his putter cooled down, so did he.

Exactly.  Speith is super streaky with the putter and as a result will be a guy that wins a tourney here and there and maybe a major.  His swing is not good enough to win a big tourney with a mediocre putter and that's just a fact.
For a guy who's went 26-4-23-2-23 strokes gained tee to green In His career I'd say his swing is plenty good to win

Yeah but facts are lazy ;). his situational play has cost him in the last 12-16 months. hes had plenty of opportunities and didnt pull victories out. He'll grow from that. Guy has the heart of a lion. Could have mailed it in on sunday after starting bad (+3) but grinded back to even. hes on the cusp in my opinion

True you know as well as I do how anyone at that caliber it’s not a golf swing issue 99% off the time , it’s upstairs


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 6018

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

View PostAaronwilson_95, on 30 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

View Postlowheel, on 30 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostAaronwilson_95, on 29 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostJ13, on 29 January 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostJoeJoeJoeUrBoat, on 14 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

I just think Speith had a great year and a half where he couldn't miss putts. He peaked very early, still has some wins in him... But nothing like what he was in 2015. He doesn't dominate the game in any category anymore. As soon as his putter cooled down, so did he.

Exactly.  Speith is super streaky with the putter and as a result will be a guy that wins a tourney here and there and maybe a major.  His swing is not good enough to win a big tourney with a mediocre putter and that's just a fact.
For a guy who's went 26-4-23-2-23 strokes gained tee to green In His career I'd say his swing is plenty good to win

Yeah but facts are lazy ;). his situational play has cost him in the last 12-16 months. hes had plenty of opportunities and didnt pull victories out. He'll grow from that. Guy has the heart of a lion. Could have mailed it in on sunday after starting bad (+3) but grinded back to even. hes on the cusp in my opinion

True you know as well as I do how anyone at that caliber it's not a golf swing issue 99% off the time , it's upstairs

Exactly. The difference in mental edge at that level is insanely tiny. One upswing/ uptick in that and you have a guy who wins 4-5 times a year, one small blip and a winless season happens.Spieth is still learning and dealing with expectations and it doesnt seem like hes the type to shy away and make statements like rory did about being content and what not. Look at justin rose. it took until he was what 31-32-33 to figure out how to be elite and to stay there.Extremely driven elite ball striker who improved the other aspects of his game so much that he became #1 in the world. I will worry about Spieth when hes not factor in majors.He almost won 2 last year without his best stuff. that tells me alot about his heart, resilience and talent.hes battling 3-4 bad holes a tourney now that he never did before. hes bright enough to figure out how to eliminate those.

2

#63 bblack_91240

bblack_91240

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482698
  • Joined: 09/24/2017
  • Location:Central PA
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:bblack_91240
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

He seemed like he was going to be vintage Spieth at Torrey except, like the post above, for a few bad holes. He was even all over the place on Saturday I believe it was. Still put a good round together.

Edited by bblack_91240, 30 January 2019 - 10:21 PM.

WITB
TaylorMade M3 460 9.5° - Fujikura Speeder Motore TS 7.2X
TaylorMade M3 3wd 15° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X
TaylorMade M3 5wd 19° - Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 8X
Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron (19°) - Matrix Ozik Black Tie HM4 105X (Sans 5wd)
Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
Nike Engage Wedges
52° Square
56° Square
60° Dual Sole
TaylorMade Spider Tour Putter 35"

3

#64 Pent08

Pent08

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335339
  • Joined: 08/21/2014
  • Location:TX
GolfWRX Likes : 307

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

Considering that Spieth is a feel player and that clubs change in appearance only, I'd say it's a wise decision.

4

#65 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3549

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

When is he next due to tee it up? Figure as a past winner at Pebble that he will be there.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

5

#66 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 571

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:26 AM

View PostHoly Moses, on 12 January 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 12 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 12 January 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 12 January 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thought that it was interesting to see Jordan Speith went back to his old driver to start the year.

I thought he took the TS2 out last year after one tournament because it wasn't skinny enough http://www.golfwrx.c...ieth-2018-witb/

Just hard to believe with how much hype has been given towards the new Titleist drivers and they can't get him to stick with it.

He'll get into it in the next few months. Spieth is a little slow to change into the new equipment. Either way, Titleist won this week's driver count, ball count, and iron count. They've gotta be really happy no matter what driver Spieth is playing.

They write 100,000 checks for each.  When you spend a fortune you win... I guess???

Geico spends 1 Bill a year on advertising

6

#67 KrazyTrain18

KrazyTrain18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207177
  • Joined: 10/15/2012
  • Location:West Coast
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1263

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

View PostMattyO1984, on 31 January 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

When is he next due to tee it up? Figure as a past winner at Pebble that he will be there.

If he's not playing Pebble then I'd have to imagine he's playing Riviera.  Traditionally he hasn't played much of Florida so unless that changes he would have a lean lead up to Augusta.
915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
712U 2I (DG S300)
714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)

7

#68 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3549

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:54 AM

View PostKrazyTrain18, on 06 February 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

View PostMattyO1984, on 31 January 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

When is he next due to tee it up? Figure as a past winner at Pebble that he will be there.

If he's not playing Pebble then I'd have to imagine he's playing Riviera.  Traditionally he hasn't played much of Florida so unless that changes he would have a lean lead up to Augusta.

He's teeing it up. That he is playing might be enough for me to bring myself to watch it even though for every Spieth shot, there will be 10 from Bill Murray to have to suffer through.
Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

8

#69 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20659

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostJ13, on 29 January 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostJoeJoeJoeUrBoat, on 14 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

I just think Speith had a great year and a half where he couldn't miss putts. He peaked very early, still has some wins in him... But nothing like what he was in 2015. He doesn't dominate the game in any category anymore. As soon as his putter cooled down, so did he.

Exactly.  Speith is super streaky with the putter and as a result will be a guy that wins a tourney here and there and maybe a major.  His swing is not good enough to win a big tourney with a mediocre putter and that's just a fact.

How many strokes off do they give now for pretty swings ??

Edited by bladehunter, 06 February 2019 - 07:51 AM.

Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

9

#70 CheckJV

CheckJV

    Male Model

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93640
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostBB28403, on 06 February 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 12 January 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 12 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

View PostHoly Moses, on 12 January 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 12 January 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Thought that it was interesting to see Jordan Speith went back to his old driver to start the year.

I thought he took the TS2 out last year after one tournament because it wasn't skinny enough http://www.golfwrx.c...ieth-2018-witb/

Just hard to believe with how much hype has been given towards the new Titleist drivers and they can't get him to stick with it.

He'll get into it in the next few months. Spieth is a little slow to change into the new equipment. Either way, Titleist won this week's driver count, ball count, and iron count. They've gotta be really happy no matter what driver Spieth is playing.

They write 100,000 checks for each.  When you spend a fortune you win... I guess???

Geico spends 1 Bill a year on advertising

Exactly. The equipment surveys mean nothing until they normalize the data for dollars spent. Of course that will never happen because the manufacturers will never disclose how much cash they are spending on pay to play contracts.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 bobcat88

bobcat88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 520682
  • Joined: 01/17/2019
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:39 AM

Spieth is all over the place right now. I always liked to see him playing well, but there's a serious consistency issue there.

11

#72 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2165

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

12

#73 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 2291

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:15 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Danny Choo might be right.  :taunt:
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

13

#74 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3549

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Danny Choo is that you?
Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

14

#75 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2165

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

View Postgvogel, on 06 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Danny Choo might be right.  :taunt:

Not sure who Danny Choo is, I'm just sharing what Hank said about 2 years ago. I didn't agree with him at the time, but so far he's been pretty accurate.

Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

15

#76 SurfDuffer

SurfDuffer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123677
  • Joined: 03/05/2011
  • Location:A long Par 5 from the Atlantic Ocean and a long Par 3 from the Bay.
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 13 January 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

This thread is funny. He didn't " go back " to the 915.  He never left it. He used the TS something for 3 rounds.  And drove it poorly even for his standards.  There's no switch back.  It was a test that failed.

I play the same 915.  Its hard to fathom a better set up.  If its not broke................

Edited by SurfDuffer, 07 February 2019 - 09:00 AM.

_____________________________________________

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
Titleist 690mb 2-P  6.0PX
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
SeeMore FPG Putter

16

#77 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20659

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Going to be fun calling Haney out when this slump clears.  

His putting wasn’t the only stat he was best or near best at.  His iron play was superb until this slump.  His sand saves , birdie percentage etc top notch until this slump.  To act as if the putting was just propping up a bad game is just not so.   Just go look at the stats for yourself.

This slump has a few root causes.  And when they come to light it’s going to make sense.  He is trending upward wait and see.

Edited by bladehunter, 07 February 2019 - 11:34 AM.

Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

17

#78 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2165

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 07 February 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Going to be fun calling Haney out when this slump clears.  

His putting wasn't the only stat he was best or near best at.  His iron play was superb until this slump.  His sand saves , birdie percentage etc top notch until this slump.  To act as if the putting was just propping up a bad game is just not so.   Just go look at the stats for yourself.

This slump has a few root causes.  And when they come to light it's going to make sense.  He is trending upward wait and see.

I hate to be in the position to defend Haney, but I'm not sure Haney is discredited if Spieth fixes his game and gets back to his old form.  Hank still called for the slump when everyone thought he was unstoppable.  Hank singled out his putting because it was so far beyond the rest of the Tour, he didn't think it was sustainable.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

18

#79 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20659

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 07 February 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 07 February 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

View Postnew2g0lf, on 06 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I fear Spieth is lost mentally, he's thrashing to place blame on something but the reality could be that those first few years he over achieved and now he's lost his edge.  Haney called it at least 2 years ago, and while I'm no fan of Hank's I'm impressed that he went against the masses and said Spieth wasn't as good as his performance had indicated.  He felt Spieth was winning due to his putting making up for other weak parts of his game and the level of his putting wasn't sustainable.  He was right, Spieth lost his touch with his putter and he's struggled to find wins.

Going to be fun calling Haney out when this slump clears.  

His putting wasn't the only stat he was best or near best at.  His iron play was superb until this slump.  His sand saves , birdie percentage etc top notch until this slump.  To act as if the putting was just propping up a bad game is just not so.   Just go look at the stats for yourself.

This slump has a few root causes.  And when they come to light it's going to make sense.  He is trending upward wait and see.

I hate to be in the position to defend Haney, but I'm not sure Haney is discredited if Spieth fixes his game and gets back to his old form.  Hank still called for the slump when everyone thought he was unstoppable.  Hank singled out his putting because it was so far beyond the rest of the Tour, he didn't think it was sustainable.


I’m not sure calling for the possibility of a slump for a tour pro who was on top of mt Everest qualifies Haney as smarter than a 5th grader.     You could say the same about any pro playing.  The game is made of ups and downs.  He’s not doing anything except selling whatever snake oil that is on the commercials for his show.

Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

19

#80 sheppy335

sheppy335

    TMAG Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh PA
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 831

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

I will also say this Haney likes to hear himself talk. He is nuts if he thinks Spieth has the yips.

TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM M2 Tour 15  Kuro Kage
TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 bandrz

bandrz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167841
  • Joined: 03/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 744

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

Y'all can hate on Haney all you want.  I love his show.   His recent assault on the USGA has been pretty fun, actually.  

oh yeah, Spieth is tied for the lead

21

#82 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Gillette can kiss my a**...Look for your razors to arrive back i

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 20659

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

View Postbandrz, on 07 February 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Y'all can hate on Haney all you want.  I love his show.   His recent assault on the USGA has been pretty fun, actually.  

oh yeah, Spieth is tied for the lead

Just give him a popsicle and all will be well.  I’ll be shocked if after Jordan wins again if he doesn’t go on radio and give himself credit for his “ tough loving” Jordan through this.  The guy is a carnival barker. Nothing more.
Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X


Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

22

#83 md1m

md1m

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 313547
  • Joined: 05/07/2014
  • Location:Central Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:14 AM

View Posttexcrom, on 12 January 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

Titleist is #1 driver being played this week. Don’t think they are concerned.

I pay more attention to the #1 driver played by guys who aren't required to use a certain driver.
Clubs are fluid

23

#84 bandrz

bandrz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167841
  • Joined: 03/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 744

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 07 February 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Postbandrz, on 07 February 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Y'all can hate on Haney all you want.  I love his show.   His recent assault on the USGA has been pretty fun, actually.  

oh yeah, Spieth is tied for the lead

Just give him a popsicle and all will be well.  I'll be shocked if after Jordan wins again if he doesn't go on radio and give himself credit for his " tough loving" Jordan through this.  The guy is a carnival barker. Nothing more.

liked for working "carnival barker" into the conversation.  well done!

24

#85 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3549

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

For what it is worth, the TS3 was in the bag yesterday and today...looks like it is working well enough thus far.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

25

#86 bigeasy

bigeasy

    Bigeasy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3724
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:In the heart of Dixie
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 340

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

He might need to go a draw based driver or set up!
Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
Taylormade M1 19* hybrid
Ping I 25 4-PW ZZ65 cushin
Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 S Grind 59* DGS300
Ping Redwood Piper Black
Bridgestone B330, Srixon XV, TP5, Prov1
USGA Handicap 6.2
PURE GRIPS


USA! Love it or leave it!

26



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors