Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

eBay/USPS purchase in the process of going wrong


53 replies to this topic

#1 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

I bought a set of irons on eBay that were shipped out over a week ago.  They were advertised with USPS Priority shipping and insured.  The sent them Parcel Select.  That's 2-8 days according to the PO and since they didn't show up today we're outside the 8 day window.  The seller doesn't seem too worried about communicating me so I called USPS and they said they won't open an investigation and try to track down where these are until 14 days after they were sent.  The last scan was a week ago so I don't have a whole lot of hope that these will get here.

The rub is the set I bought is 5-P so I went ahead and bought a 3 and 4 iron to match (They got here already) so I'm really just wondering if anyone has had any luck or can recommend a number I call to try to track down the package.

I know I'm protected with PayPal and eBay but now that I've invested in the 3 and 4 iron I'm really hoping to try to track down the missing USPS package.

BTW The seller told me in a message that he purchased insurance but USPS confirmed that the package is not insured.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 VNutz

VNutz

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
  • Joined: 10/31/2010
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 3087

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

I had the same thing a few weeks back. Bought a driver before Christmas, advertised as USPS Priority shipping, but sent out via Retail Ground, the new term for Parcel Select. Eventually after 2+ weeks of little to no tracking updates they showed up. So be patient, you should be ok. It's frustrating and annoying but at this point there's not much you can do. You can call USPS but it's not like they're going to fast track the process just because you asked. Best of luck.

2

#3 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostVNutz, on 10 January 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I had the same thing a few weeks back. Bought a driver before Christmas, advertised as USPS Priority shipping, but sent out via Retail Ground, the new term for Parcel Select. Eventually after 2+ weeks of little to no tracking updates they showed up. So be patient, you should be ok. It's frustrating and annoying but at this point there's not much you can do. You can call USPS but it's not like they're going to fast track the process just because you asked. Best of luck.

I kind of figured this was one of those just sit around and wait for a couple weeks situation but I was hoping someone found a way to get USPS to actually do something.  That is probably the definition of wishful thinking.

3

#4 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Tustin Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 817

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

the entire USPS is slow right now,, i have relatives barely receive Christmas cards .   Bought a club last month on ebay priority mail from georgia to california and it took 2 weeks with no movement.

4

#5 goondawg

goondawg

    RIP my buddy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36279
  • Joined: 08/02/2007
  • Location:TN
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

View Postdelmer, on 10 January 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostVNutz, on 10 January 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I had the same thing a few weeks back. Bought a driver before Christmas, advertised as USPS Priority shipping, but sent out via Retail Ground, the new term for Parcel Select. Eventually after 2+ weeks of little to no tracking updates they showed up. So be patient, you should be ok. It's frustrating and annoying but at this point there's not much you can do. You can call USPS but it's not like they're going to fast track the process just because you asked. Best of luck.

I kind of figured this was one of those just sit around and wait for a couple weeks situation but I was hoping someone found a way to get USPS to actually do something.  That is probably the definition of wishful thinking.

USPS would do something if it was sent priority or express. As of now,  your beef is with the seller and not usps.


5

#6 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

View Postgoondawg, on 10 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 10 January 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostVNutz, on 10 January 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I had the same thing a few weeks back. Bought a driver before Christmas, advertised as USPS Priority shipping, but sent out via Retail Ground, the new term for Parcel Select. Eventually after 2+ weeks of little to no tracking updates they showed up. So be patient, you should be ok. It's frustrating and annoying but at this point there's not much you can do. You can call USPS but it's not like they're going to fast track the process just because you asked. Best of luck.

I kind of figured this was one of those just sit around and wait for a couple weeks situation but I was hoping someone found a way to get USPS to actually do something.  That is probably the definition of wishful thinking.

USPS would do something if it was sent priority or express. As of now,  your beef is with the seller and not usps.

USPS will do something after 14 days.  Now it's kind of on both of them because they are outside of the 2-8 day delivery time but I'm not holding my breath for either party to do anything.

6

#7 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

    Hall of Fame

  • Marshals
  • 5,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40610
  • Joined: 10/09/2007
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
  • Handicap:3

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

You'll get them before long BUT seller deserves a neutral feedback at best!

7

#8 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

They were advertised as Fast and Free and since they didn't arrive by the guarantee date eBay hooked me up with a $5 credit.  I can't wait to go on a shopping spree with it.

Isn't that a great guarantee?  If your $800 set of irons don't show up we're going to graciously give you a $5 credit to use on our site.  That's mighty generous of them.

8

#9 BMC

BMC

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108173
  • Joined: 05/18/2010
  • Location:The South
  • Handicap:YES
GolfWRX Likes : 3120

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

5-PW for $800?  You could have bought local and got fitted through a pro for less than that.

That said, hope you get them soon.
Nike Vapor Pro driver
PING Rapture OG 3 wood
Cleveland CG2 irons 3-PW
Vokey wedges
Odyssey #1WS

9

#10 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5645

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

This summer I sent a shaft to a guy in Nashville form Columbus 3 day priority mail that tracking actually said was delivered in 3 days.   It wasn’t.

He actually got it 5 weeks later.  Total mystery.  It just showed up one day. The great black hole of USPS ate it and spit it out a month later.

Wait a little longer before you panic, but it is the sellers responsibility to get it to you no matter what.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

I'm heading out of town next Thursday so I've got my fingers crossed.

USPS is really convenient because they'll pick up for free and they're generally cheaper but I think I'm going to be a FedEx guy from now on.

I like the USPS policy of they won't open an investigation until 14 days after the ship date.  They want to wait for the package to get good and lost before they open the investigation up.

11

#12 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3818

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

You don’t buy online much, do you (especially eBay)? This is par for the course. Sometimes things take way longer than you expect, sometimes they show up tomorrow. If you plan on buying online then watching tracking like you’re watching a tv show, you’re going to give yourself ulcers.

edit - It is crappy they advertised Priority (Fast & Free), then delivered via slowest & cheapest possible. Make sure and ding them on your feedback. I have a feeling I know who the seller is, but you should seriously share them here so as to warn others of this mild bait and switch.

Edited by GoIrish17, 10 January 2019 - 10:02 PM.

Winter Bag:
Driver: Ping G400 LST Evenflow Black 65
Fairway: SLDR 15° Fujikura Fuel 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 iron Accra Fx 300H
Irons: Adams CB3 satin 5-pw Recoil 110 Prototype
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48°, 54°, 60° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

12

#13 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

    Hall of Fame

  • Marshals
  • 5,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40610
  • Joined: 10/09/2007
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
  • Handicap:3

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

View Postdelmer, on 10 January 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I bought a set of irons on eBay that were shipped out over a week ago.  They were advertised with USPS Priority shipping and insured.  The sent them Parcel Select.  That's 2-8 days according to the PO and since they didn't show up today we're outside the 8 day window.  The seller doesn't seem too worried about communicating me so I called USPS and they said they won't open an investigation and try to track down where these are until 14 days after they were sent.  The last scan was a week ago so I don't have a whole lot of hope that these will get here.
The rub is the set I bought is 5-P so I went ahead and bought a 3 and 4 iron to match (They got here already) so I'm really just wondering if anyone has had any luck or can recommend a number I call to try to track down the package.
I know I'm protected with PayPal and eBay but now that I've invested in the 3 and 4 iron I'm really hoping to try to track down the missing USPS package.
BTW The seller told me in a message that he purchased insurance but USPS confirmed that the package is not insured.

View PostGoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

You don’t buy online much, do you (especially eBay)? This is par for the course. Sometimes things take way longer than you expect, sometimes they show up tomorrow. If you plan on buying online then watching tracking like you’re watching a tv show, you’re going to give yourself ulcers.
This is the issue.

13

#14 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3818

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostBuzzkill, on 10 January 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 10 January 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I bought a set of irons on eBay that were shipped out over a week ago.  They were advertised with USPS Priority shipping and insured.  The sent them Parcel Select.  That's 2-8 days according to the PO and since they didn't show up today we're outside the 8 day window.  The seller doesn't seem too worried about communicating me so I called USPS and they said they won't open an investigation and try to track down where these are until 14 days after they were sent.  The last scan was a week ago so I don't have a whole lot of hope that these will get here.
The rub is the set I bought is 5-P so I went ahead and bought a 3 and 4 iron to match (They got here already) so I'm really just wondering if anyone has had any luck or can recommend a number I call to try to track down the package.
I know I'm protected with PayPal and eBay but now that I've invested in the 3 and 4 iron I'm really hoping to try to track down the missing USPS package.
BTW The seller told me in a message that he purchased insurance but USPS confirmed that the package is not insured.

View PostGoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

You don’t buy online much, do you (especially eBay)? This is par for the course. Sometimes things take way longer than you expect, sometimes they show up tomorrow. If you plan on buying online then watching tracking like you’re watching a tv show, you’re going to give yourself ulcers.
This is the issue.

Agree, I was editing my post as you were correcting me
Winter Bag:
Driver: Ping G400 LST Evenflow Black 65
Fairway: SLDR 15° Fujikura Fuel 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 iron Accra Fx 300H
Irons: Adams CB3 satin 5-pw Recoil 110 Prototype
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48°, 54°, 60° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

14

#15 Matt J

Matt J

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 11632

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Weird, I got a package via USPS today that wasn't supposed to be here until next Monday.

Bad luck OP, hope it works out!


15

#16 2bGood

2bGood

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91033
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Rock Star From Mars
  • Handicap:3-8
GolfWRX Likes : 3183

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

Edited by 2bGood, 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM.


16

#17 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1957

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

View Post2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
Titleist AVX

17

#18 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3818

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

View Postnsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

View Post2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.
Winter Bag:
Driver: Ping G400 LST Evenflow Black 65
Fairway: SLDR 15° Fujikura Fuel 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 iron Accra Fx 300H
Irons: Adams CB3 satin 5-pw Recoil 110 Prototype
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48°, 54°, 60° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

18

#19 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1957

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

View PostGoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

View Postnsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

View Post2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.

The point is that when the Post Office delivers the package per instructions, which is usually to LEAVE the package, their responsibility is DONE. As is the P.O. insurance coverage.

Should the buyer then somehow not GET the package, HE is on the hook. The seller and the P.O. have both fulfilled their obligations and, at least as far as eBay is concerned, relieved themselves of responsibility.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Edited by nsxguy, 10 January 2019 - 11:52 PM.

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
Titleist AVX

19

#20 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3818

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

View Postnsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

View PostGoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

View Postnsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

View Post2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.

The point is that when the Post Office delivers the package per instructions, which is usually to LEAVE the package, their responsibility, and therefore the insurance bought by the seller, is OVER.

Should the buyer then somehow not GET the package, HE is on the hook. The seller and the P.O. have both fulfilled their obligations and, at least as far as eBay is concerned, relieved themselves of responsibility.

Forewarned is forearmed.

And I’m sure he posted this so he could be made aware of any other possible things to worry about, that really have little relevance to his current situation. But whatever, I’ve contributed (positively or negatively) enough in this thread that I don’t care much about.

Winter Bag:
Driver: Ping G400 LST Evenflow Black 65
Fairway: SLDR 15° Fujikura Fuel 70
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Driving Iron: Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 iron Accra Fx 300H
Irons: Adams CB3 satin 5-pw Recoil 110 Prototype
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48°, 54°, 60° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Payton1020

Payton1020

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350239
  • Joined: 11/30/2014
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Handicap:12.5
  • Ebay ID:NA
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:11 AM

They'll get there, f-ing relax.

Shipped a shaft out Priority to Chicago last Friday, posted delivery expected Monday, Monday item delayed. That status stayed until Wednesday when it showed up in Desmoines Iowa, then yesterday said expected delivery Saturday, then changed to delayed. This morning it's 34 miles from Chi-town so we'll just wait. The buyer has sent me several messages worrying that I'm ripping him off. STFU and wait, I don't run USPS or even work for them, FFS.

You guys that don't have much experience with shipping can be a pain in the a**. I paid for Priority and have zero recourse so RELAX!!!

Edited by Payton1020, 11 January 2019 - 06:11 AM.

COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black & F7+
ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
CALLAWAY X HOT 4-PW SS-85, APEX Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag

21

#22 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

 Payton1020, on 11 January 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

They'll get there, f-ing relax.

Shipped a shaft out Priority to Chicago last Friday, posted delivery expected Monday, Monday item delayed. That status stayed until Wednesday when it showed up in Desmoines Iowa, then yesterday said expected delivery Saturday, then changed to delayed. This morning it's 34 miles from Chi-town so we'll just wait. The buyer has sent me several messages worrying that I'm ripping him off. STFU and wait, I don't run USPS or even work for them, FFS.

You guys that don't have much experience with shipping can be a pain in the a**. I paid for Priority and have zero recourse so RELAX!!!

I've got over 1K feedback rating on eBay, I have experience with shipping.  Basically the point of this thread for me was to see if anyone had any experience talking to USPS about a situation where your shipment hadn't been scanned for over a week.  I've seen packages a day or two late but I've never sent nor received a package that went over week between scans so sorry for my ignorance.

My issue and your issue also aren't the same.  I paid for Priority and he shipped Select.  We're sitting at 9 days now when the original ETA was 2 days.  There's also no scan this morning so it's not showing up today.  If it were a day or two late no big deal but it's over a week late so when should I stop STFU FFS in your opinion?

Edited by delmer, 11 January 2019 - 09:28 AM.


22

#23 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

 GoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

 GoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

 2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.

The point is that when the Post Office delivers the package per instructions, which is usually to LEAVE the package, their responsibility, and therefore the insurance bought by the seller, is OVER.

Should the buyer then somehow not GET the package, HE is on the hook. The seller and the P.O. have both fulfilled their obligations and, at least as far as eBay is concerned, relieved themselves of responsibility.

Forewarned is forearmed.

And I’m sure he posted this so he could be made aware of any other possible things to worry about, that really have little relevance to his current situation. But whatever, I’ve contributed (positively or negatively) enough in this thread that I don’t care much about.

No problem, just because I don't have much feedback here doesn't mean I don't understand how the Post Office works.  I'm no Cliff Clavin but I've sent a few packages in my days.

23

#24 Payton1020

Payton1020

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350239
  • Joined: 11/30/2014
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Handicap:12.5
  • Ebay ID:NA
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

 delmer, on 11 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

 Payton1020, on 11 January 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

They'll get there, f-ing relax.

Shipped a shaft out Priority to Chicago last Friday, posted delivery expected Monday, Monday item delayed. That status stayed until Wednesday when it showed up in Desmoines Iowa, then yesterday said expected delivery Saturday, then changed to delayed. This morning it's 34 miles from Chi-town so we'll just wait. The buyer has sent me several messages worrying that I'm ripping him off. STFU and wait, I don't run USPS or even work for them, FFS.

You guys that don't have much experience with shipping can be a pain in the a**. I paid for Priority and have zero recourse so RELAX!!!

I've got over 1K feedback rating on eBay, I have experience with shipping.  Basically the point of this thread for me was to see if anyone had any experience talking to USPS about a situation where your shipment hadn't been scanned for over a week.  I've seen packages a day or two late but I've never sent nor received a package that went over week between scans so sorry for my ignorance.

My issue and your issue also aren't the same.  I paid for Priority and he shipped Select.  We're sitting at 9 days now when the original ETA was 2 days.  There's also no scan this morning so it's not showing up today.  If it were a day or two late no big deal but it's over a week late so when should I stop STFU FFS in your opinion?

I apologize. Guy was already messaging me at 6am this morning. Was a little worked up. USPS doesn't give a sh*t. They just say that nothing's guaranteed. I don't understand why we have to pay extra for Priority if it's not guaranteed. I shipped a putter to Wisconsin 1 time, Priority, took it 17 days, same sh*t.

Edited by Payton1020, 11 January 2019 - 10:13 AM.

COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black & F7+
ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
CALLAWAY X HOT 4-PW SS-85, APEX Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag

24

#25 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

 GoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

 2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.

The point is that when the Post Office delivers the package per instructions, which is usually to LEAVE the package, their responsibility is DONE. As is the P.O. insurance coverage.

Should the buyer then somehow not GET the package, HE is on the hook. The seller and the P.O. have both fulfilled their obligations and, at least as far as eBay is concerned, relieved themselves of responsibility.

Forewarned is forearmed.

This is correct but it's kind of hard to blame a seller if someone steals a package off your porch and if you're worried about that either ask the seller to request a signature or alter the delivery instructions and go pick it up at the PO.

Luckily I live in a nice area and I have a Ring doorbell.  Some sort of video doorbell should be on the top of every club ho's list.

Edited by delmer, 11 January 2019 - 12:28 PM.


25

#26 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1957

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

 delmer, on 11 January 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

 GoIrish17, on 10 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

 nsxguy, on 10 January 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

 2bGood, on 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Does the insured thing matter as a buyer? If the package is lost you have to collect your refund from the seller. The buyer has nothing directly to do with the insurance payment. With eBay/paypal the buyer is already insured.

No, but as the buyer you'd better be home or have someone there to accept the package otherwise they leave it there on the porch (or wherever) if there's no signature required.

And once they do that it is the buyer who will suffer if it disappears.

This post is step one to this thread devolving into a tangent about which carrier sucks the worst or least thread. I’m sure the OP really wants to read that he should sit on his front porch for the next couple weeks waiting for the mailman. That should help him.

The point is that when the Post Office delivers the package per instructions, which is usually to LEAVE the package, their responsibility is DONE. As is the P.O. insurance coverage.

Should the buyer then somehow not GET the package, HE is on the hook. The seller and the P.O. have both fulfilled their obligations and, at least as far as eBay is concerned, relieved themselves of responsibility.

Forewarned is forearmed.

This is correct but it's kind of hard to blame a seller if someone steals a package off your porch and if you're worried about that either ask the seller to request a signature or alter the delivery instructions and go pick it up at the PO.

Luckily I live in a nice area and I have a Ring doorbell.  Some sort of video doorbell should be on the top of every club ho's list.

I understand that. I think I said as much. The seller is off the hook once the package is marked "delivered" in the USPS system. From that point on it's on the buyer for an "item no received".

I must have had 2 dozen packages delivered to my new home in the last 18 month. Never a worry. Quiet neighborhood and the street in front is not only 100 feet from my door but it's not a through/city street.

Not the case for everybody though. Glad you're in a similar position.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
Titleist AVX

26

#27 augustgolf

augustgolf

    Golf with dignity

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
  • Location:Coastal NC
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 4228

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

Why is it that people can't fathom having an item shipped to a location where they might actually be someone there to receive it???

A business - a friend - a neighbor who sits home all day.

I have been on the wrong end of a shipping problem, where it was dropped off by the carrier as requested, to the proper address. Buyer contacted ebay/PayPal and stated they never received it, altho I provided proof of delivery.

Wanna guess how it ended???

Correct - I was forced to swallow the loss, since the buyer actually never received the item. So, I had to ship another item to them, but this time I required them to decide on either signature, or delivery to their place of work.

I can't be scammed twice in a row.

OP - eventually, you'll get either the item or a refund. Unfortunate that this is the new normal.
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

27

#28 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 864

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

RELAX. Where do you see anything about 2-8 days guaranteed delivery? Nothing is guaranteed. It's all ESTIMATED delivery. Priority is even estimated 2-3 days but NEVER guaranteed. Also, shipping is business days.

Ding the seller with a negative for slow shipping after you get your stuff. It will come. USPS Retail could be two weeks or more. Where did it ship from and where is it going?

28

#29 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

 thevaporz, on 11 January 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

RELAX. Where do you see anything about 2-8 days guaranteed delivery? Nothing is guaranteed. It's all ESTIMATED delivery. Priority is even estimated 2-3 days but NEVER guaranteed. Also, shipping is business days.

Ding the seller with a negative for slow shipping after you get your stuff. It will come. USPS Retail could be two weeks or more. Where did it ship from and where is it going?

When would you suggest I take action?  It's now been over a week from the last tracking scan.

Also did I ever state I though there was a 2-8 week, I mean day guarantee?  No but at what point do I try to hunt the package down?  2 weeks from the last scan?

I've messaged the seller twice, once when I noticed he sent it snail service when he advertised Priority, and once after the eBay "Guaranteed Delivery Date" came and went.  I'm happy to do the leg work to try to hunt the package down which is the reason why I reached out to you guys to see if anyone has had any success in doing so or knew which department within USPS I might have luck with.

If I'm acting irrationally in your mind and need to relax then I apologize.

Edited by delmer, 11 January 2019 - 12:59 PM.


29

#30 thevaporz

thevaporz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 864

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:11 PM

 delmer, on 11 January 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Also did I ever state I though there was a 2-8 week, I mean day guarantee?  No but at what point do I try to hunt the package down?  2 weeks from the last scan?

I've messaged the seller twice, once when I noticed he sent it snail service when he advertised Priority, and once after the eBay "Guaranteed Delivery Date" came and went.  I'm happy to do the leg work to try to hunt the package down which is the reason why I reached out to you guys to see if anyone has had any success in doing so or knew which department within USPS I might have luck with.

If I'm acting irrationally in your mind and need to relax then I apologize.

I understand you're ticked, I would be too. Show me your ebay transaction where it says anything about guaranteed delivery date/time frame. And it's not from the date you purchased.

The package isn't lost. It's just slow. You said you purchased a week ago? Wait another week I bet you it shows up.

Did you do all this stuff already? https://www.usps.com...issing-mail.htm

I recommend signing up for the Informed Delivery service which will email you tracking updates and alerts for packages sent to you.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors