Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Stop standing to close

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DDG61

DDG61

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480246
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

Played for 20 years standing to close to ball.  As you can presume this has lead to a vertical swing with climbing hands.  PlayEd from a 7-12 HC over this period.

Last three rounds were 79-81 and today a 95.  Length has always been a strength of my game but never consistency. When it goes bad I’m totally lost.

I’ve been told by multiple reputable PGA professionals that I need to move away from the ball and I agree.  Problem I have is moving away and swinging as I have for 20 years leads to thin bullets to right field as it should.

Understand it would help if I include video and will ASAP.  Question is are there any swing thoughts or drills to change (flatten?) my swing to work with new set up?

Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 mikpga

mikpga

www.mikedeitersgolf.com

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303