Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Epic Flash Launch Party | 2019 Callaway Golf Products | Video | Carlsbad, CA


75 replies to this topic

#31 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 jholz

jholz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151611
  • Joined: 12/19/2011
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.

While this is an important distinction to make, I'm not sure World Wide Golf Shops gets Sergio Garcia there. Seems like Callaway had to be a consenting and supportive partner on some level.
Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

2

#33 mrmikeac

mrmikeac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481854
  • Joined: 09/14/2017
  • Location:Waterford
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I’m selling potato’s.
That is all.
Carry on....
Driver: Titleist TS2, Kuro Kage Black Dual Core 50 Stiff
3 Wood: Exotics CBX, HZRDUS Red 65 6.0
3 Hybrid: Exotics EXS, 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
5-PW: Srixon Z785, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #9 34”
Ball: Taylormade TP5

3

#34 SirHoselRocket

SirHoselRocket

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59870
  • Joined: 07/07/2008
  • Location:Over Yonder
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.

But are they? Think about how many followers these “Instagram famous” or influencers have....Callaway and every OEM needs more people to buy their stuff. So getting a guy like a Brodie Smith who has 990 thousand followers talking about a Callaway product just opens them up to a broader audience. Same thing with the wacko Bob Menery who has over a million.....and most middle aged golfers aren’t paying attention to Instagram anyways....the target is millennials. Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s a circus.....and even better no Callaway employee was wearing any branding....which Doesn’t make sense to me....but I’m no marketing expert. And here we are talking about it. And they still have the traditional ad’s going for the “middle aged” audience....just my two cents.

4

#35 CircleC29

CircleC29

    Eat,Drink,Golf,Repeat...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299360
  • Joined: 02/28/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

View Postmrmikeac, on 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I’m selling potato’s. That is all. Carry on....

Are they Tour Issue though?

Contents of bag subject to change.

5

#36 BlkNGld

BlkNGld

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7518
  • Joined: 11/08/2005
  • Location:Northern California
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

All of this has been going on forever, and in lots of areas way before and better than golf does it.

At the end of the day, they do it because it works.   When it stops working, or the cost of it outweighs the benefit, they'll stop doing it.

6

#37 jholz

jholz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151611
  • Joined: 12/19/2011
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

View Postmrmikeac, on 09 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I'm selling potato's.
That is all.
Carry on....

Selling Potato's what?

If it's his '68 Camero with the 350, you know I'm gonna be all over it...

Edited by jholz, 09 January 2019 - 04:23 PM.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

7

#38 kcsf

kcsf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357935
  • Joined: 01/14/2015
  • Location:Santa Fe, NM
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 08 January 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Where the heck was Phil?

Skiing.
G400 Green Mamba 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour HL 3w Green Mamba
Ping i500 irons
Edel 50* & 56* wedges
O-Works #7s red

8

#39 kcsf

kcsf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357935
  • Joined: 01/14/2015
  • Location:Santa Fe, NM
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

View Postreider69, on 09 January 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Social Media/Youtube/TV/Movie personalities do not influence me.  After watching that video I am now taking out the Callaway Xforged 64 degree wedge out of my bag.  Fail.

Your post is rich with irony.
G400 Green Mamba 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour HL 3w Green Mamba
Ping i500 irons
Edel 50* & 56* wedges
O-Works #7s red

9

#40 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostSirHoselRocket, on 09 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.

But are they? Think about how many followers these "Instagram famous" or influencers have....Callaway and every OEM needs more people to buy their stuff. So getting a guy like a Brodie Smith who has 990 thousand followers talking about a Callaway product just opens them up to a broader audience. Same thing with the wacko Bob Menery who has over a million.....and most middle aged golfers aren't paying attention to Instagram anyways....the target is millennials. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a circus.....and even better no Callaway employee was wearing any branding....which Doesn't make sense to me....but I'm no marketing expert. And here we are talking about it. And they still have the traditional ad's going for the "middle aged" audience....just my two cents.

I just don't see that type of audience running out to stores to buy a $529 driver.  What it does do is make your brand look like less of a golf brand to the people who are willing to drop over $500 on a driver.

I don't really care if they shoot a commercial or pay a bunch of people I've never heard of and don't care about to hang out on the range but calling it an Influencer Release Party just gnaws at me.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 double or triple?

double or triple?

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostSirHoselRocket, on 09 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.

But are they? Think about how many followers these "Instagram famous" or influencers have....Callaway and every OEM needs more people to buy their stuff. So getting a guy like a Brodie Smith who has 990 thousand followers talking about a Callaway product just opens them up to a broader audience. Same thing with the wacko Bob Menery who has over a million.....and most middle aged golfers aren't paying attention to Instagram anyways....the target is millennials. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a circus.....and even better no Callaway employee was wearing any branding....which Doesn't make sense to me....but I'm no marketing expert. And here we are talking about it. And they still have the traditional ad's going for the "middle aged" audience....just my two cents.

I just don't see that type of audience running out to stores to buy a $529 driver.  What it does do is make your brand look like less of a golf brand to the people who are willing to drop over $500 on a driver.

I don't really care if they shoot a commercial or pay a bunch of people I've never heard of and don't care about to hang out on the range but calling it an Influencer Release Party just gnaws at me.

but like i said earlier, is that what callaway called the event or is that what the OP entitled the video for work? he's not affiliated with callaway at all.

11

#42 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

    Go CUBS!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Franklin, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

I think it's stupid,,, usually not my cup of tea, but lately I have thought about jumping in the lottery on SNKRS...

12

#43 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostSirHoselRocket, on 09 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Postdelmer, on 09 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postdouble or triple?, on 09 January 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

the irony of this thread is pretty funny. Before anything was officially announced about Flash, guys were grabbing pitch forks and torches because one PGA tour player said he gained 4 mph Ball speed switching and all of the sudden that was the expected gain that everyone was supposed to see but wasn't so the product was garbage and only hype.  Also unless i missed it somewhere, the OP and worldwidegolf Shops are the only ones calling this an "influencer launch party".

I was thinking the same thing because it would surprise me if Callaway actually wanted to be known as the company who throws and Influencer Launch Party.  This whole thing just screams Kardasian and reality TV and I'm pretty sure that isn't the crowd that Callaway wants to be lumped in with.

I get marketing hype but at one point when you're trying to sell to a bunch of middle aged golfers you need to keep it a little bit classy.

But are they? Think about how many followers these "Instagram famous" or influencers have....Callaway and every OEM needs more people to buy their stuff. So getting a guy like a Brodie Smith who has 990 thousand followers talking about a Callaway product just opens them up to a broader audience. Same thing with the wacko Bob Menery who has over a million.....and most middle aged golfers aren't paying attention to Instagram anyways....the target is millennials. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a circus.....and even better no Callaway employee was wearing any branding....which Doesn't make sense to me....but I'm no marketing expert. And here we are talking about it. And they still have the traditional ad's going for the "middle aged" audience....just my two cents.

I just don't see that type of audience running out to stores to buy a $529 driver.  What it does do is make your brand look like less of a golf brand to the people who are willing to drop over $500 on a driver.

I don't really care if they shoot a commercial or pay a bunch of people I've never heard of and don't care about to hang out on the range but calling it an Influencer Release Party just gnaws at me.

but like i said earlier, is that what callaway called the event or is that what the OP entitled the video for work? he's not affiliated with callaway at all.

I think you're right.  It looks like Roger Dunn and the OP's company just kind of did their own thing.  I would be furious if I were Callaway.  It makes their brand look like it's for a bunch of clowns.  I've got a bag full of Callaway gear and after breaking down and watching parts of the video it made me cringe.

13

#44 Jungleland

Jungleland

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445486
  • Joined: 11/02/2016
  • Location:Tampa, FL
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:44 PM

I could give about crap about D List celebrities I've never heard of, Callaway jumped the shark on this one.  Just finding a lot of what they do to be a turn off the last few years and there was a time I was the ultimate Callaway fan boy.

14

#45 rkelso184

rkelso184

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513948
  • Joined: 10/08/2018
  • Location:Armidale
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:10 AM

Eric's one was alot better. Showed how relaxed and fun the day was


15

#46 cardoustie

cardoustie

    haha, we don't play for 5's

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Joined: 09/09/2008
  • Location:Tasmania to Canada
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 7581

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Hope the new macdaddy PM comes in 62*. ... is a coppery finish asking too much?
Ping G400 LST 11.0* Oban Revenge Green 65x
Ping G400 3w 13.9* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 55x
Ping G400 5w 16.9* Oban Isawa Red 65x
Callaway Apex 3h 20* Matrix MFS Orange 85x
Callaway Apex 4h 23* Matrix Altus Red 92x
Ping Rapture 5 - PW UST PF 95s
Ping Glides wrx 50, 54 and 59* Steelfiber 125s
Piretti Matera Elite (torched)

16

#47 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

View Postcardoustie, on 10 January 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Hope the new macdaddy PM comes in 62*. ... is a coppery finish asking too much?

You better keep hoping.  They're already on the website and you're getting a 60 or a 64.

17

#48 iamthebeard

iamthebeard

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250350
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

View PostJackStraw2, on 09 January 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Kudos on the video, that's just cool.

No kudos to Callaway though. "Influencer event" lol they gonna start selling overpriced hoodies and shoes now too? Saw the guy rocking the Malbon jacket, so it wouldn't surprise me if Callaway is trying to go all "hypebeast" to get some buzz around this product. At any rate, kind of an epic fail trying to be cool.

Well, it was Malbon himself. So I think he can wear his own gear

18

#49 iamthebeard

iamthebeard

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250350
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Heaven forbid a golf company that tries to do something different.

Yet, let's have our company pros ™ unzip some travel bags and go "wow, so good" and pretend to be surprised. like they do year after year.

19

#50 dwh24

dwh24

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514984
  • Joined: 10/23/2018
  • Location:Grand Prairie, Tx
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Club looks good. Hate the color combo.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Evenflow T1100 6.5
Taylormade M2 (2016) Atmos Black 8TX
Titleist 818h2 19* Fuji Atmos Black 9X
Titleist AP2 716 (4-P) X100
Titleist SM7 50/8 F X100
Titleist SM6 56/10 S X100
Titleist SM6 60/10 S X100
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Custom (34")
ProV1x #24

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

View Postiamthebeard, on 10 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Heaven forbid a golf company that tries to do something different.

Yet, let's have our company pros ™ unzip some travel bags and go "wow, so good" and pretend to be surprised. like they do year after year.

You're right.  It's so much better to have an NFL wide receiver and a Pro Surfer telling us how great the new Callaway product is.

Let's reverse this.  How fast would Phil Mickelson get laughed off the planet if Rip Curl brought him in to an "Influencer Release Party" to tell a bunch of surfers how great their new boards are?

I think it's telling that they could only sucker one staffer into showing up.  Sergio looks like it's about the last place in the world he wants to be.

Edited by delmer, 10 January 2019 - 02:21 PM.


21

#52 MKPAPA

MKPAPA

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500802
  • Joined: 05/03/2018
  • Location:Long Beach, California
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

I was really hoping the whole "Influencer" thing died with 2018
Nike JDM Vapor Flex - GD MJ-6s or Vapor Flex 440 - PX LZ 60 6.0
Nike Vapor Flex 3wd - PX LX 70 6.0
TI Nike Vapor Flex 5wd - Diamana Ion RedBoard 73 s
TI Nike Vapor Flex 3hy - Matrix Black Tie Tour issue something something
Nike theOVEN Vapor Pro Combo 3i - DG s300 (shaft pending)
Nike JDM Vapor Pro Combo 4i - Nippon 950GH S (shaft pending)
Nike JDM Vapor Pro 5i-Pw - DG s200
Nike Engage Square Sole 52° & 56° - Engage Dual Sole 60° - Tour Issue DG s200
Nike Unitized Tiempo - Method 001 Ryder Cup - Method Origin B2-01 "Naked"
Nike RZN Tour Platinum/Black
Nike Hyperadapt Bag


http://www.golfwrx.c...8#entry18016998
WITB

22

#53 kmay__

kmay__

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493118
  • Joined: 02/09/2018
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

If you watch Erik Langs video he speaks with Amanda and she specifically says, don't call it a "Influencer" event. (they aren't fond of the term) They address the crowd as "Creators" from what I've seen.

For me seeing a bunch of people from different backgrounds hanging out in a relaxed atmosphere hitting balls and having fun seems great. It did not influence me to either buy Callaway products, nor did it turn me off of them. Sure makes the company seem fun and open to new ideas though. Don't see how that could be a bad thing.
2017 M2 9.5*
Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
PING G30 4 22*
Cobra S3 5-PW
Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
MD3 PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant

23

#54 blakehall

blakehall

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86777
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
  • Location:Green Bay, WI
  • Handicap:4.1
  • Ebay ID:wiblakehall
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

There was an Instagram video of Hashtag Chad talking to the group as the party got started.

I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of "You're all here because we admire your work, and you create cool stuff. We're obviously excited of what we're putting out this year, and wanted to invite you to come check it out and do what you do."

Am I going to buy a new driver because a wakeboarder recommends it? Absolutely not.

Is it cool for a company to try something new, and say "here's our stuff, let us know what you think"? I think it's pretty refreshing actually.

Then again, I'm on the old-end of the millennial generation.
Posted Image Rogue SZ, 9* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.5
Posted Image Rogue 15* 3W Project X EvenFlow Blue 75g 6.5
Posted Image X-forged UT 20* KBS Prototype hybrid
Posted Image 4-PW Epic Pro Project X LZ 125g 6.5
Posted Image MD4 49*S, 55*S, 60*C Project X LZ 6.0
Posted Image Toulon Garage Rochester / Atlanta
Posted Image Chromesoft X

24

#55 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 665

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

lol at the old boomers in this thread getting mad and yelling at clouds.

This is part of the future of golf and golf marketing. You've all been bitching and moaning in the 'why is golf dieing' threads...You want your sport to survive? You want younger people?

Well, this is how you sell to the 15-35 crowd. It's just ONE of the ways, to be clear. Not everyone will respond to it, but being so daft as to say this is some sort of 'Idiocracy' type marketing phase of the future is asinine.

This is a video of people having fun and enjoying themselves. It's not even specifically a marketing piece for Callaway FFS.

And this is coming from someone who hates music on the golf course.

Edited by third-times-a-charm, 10 January 2019 - 04:02 PM.

Long Live Nike

25

#56 delmer

delmer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516392
  • Joined: 11/14/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 10 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

lol at the old boomers in this thread getting mad and yelling at clouds.

This is part of the future of golf and golf marketing. You've all been bitching and moaning in the 'why is golf dieing' threads...You want your sport to survive? You want younger people?

Well, this is how you sell to the 15-35 crowd. It's just ONE of the ways, to be clear. Not everyone will respond to it, but being so daft as to say this is some sort of 'Idiocracy' type marketing phase of the future is asinine.

This is a video of people having fun and enjoying themselves. It's not even specifically a marketing piece for Callaway FFS.

And this is coming from someone who hates music on the golf course.

I'm 36 and nothing in that video appeals to me.

26

#57 MKPAPA

MKPAPA

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500802
  • Joined: 05/03/2018
  • Location:Long Beach, California
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 10 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

lol at the old boomers in this thread getting mad and yelling at clouds.

This is part of the future of golf and golf marketing. You've all been bitching and moaning in the 'why is golf dieing' threads...You want your sport to survive? You want younger people?

Well, this is how you sell to the 15-35 crowd. It's just ONE of the ways, to be clear. Not everyone will respond to it, but being so daft as to say this is some sort of 'Idiocracy' type marketing phase of the future is asinine.

This is a video of people having fun and enjoying themselves. It's not even specifically a marketing piece for Callaway FFS.

And this is coming from someone who hates music on the golf course.

Really? you think this wasn't for the sake of marketing? Do you know what the cringey word "influencer" even means?
Nike JDM Vapor Flex - GD MJ-6s or Vapor Flex 440 - PX LZ 60 6.0
Nike Vapor Flex 3wd - PX LX 70 6.0
TI Nike Vapor Flex 5wd - Diamana Ion RedBoard 73 s
TI Nike Vapor Flex 3hy - Matrix Black Tie Tour issue something something
Nike theOVEN Vapor Pro Combo 3i - DG s300 (shaft pending)
Nike JDM Vapor Pro Combo 4i - Nippon 950GH S (shaft pending)
Nike JDM Vapor Pro 5i-Pw - DG s200
Nike Engage Square Sole 52° & 56° - Engage Dual Sole 60° - Tour Issue DG s200
Nike Unitized Tiempo - Method 001 Ryder Cup - Method Origin B2-01 "Naked"
Nike RZN Tour Platinum/Black
Nike Hyperadapt Bag


http://www.golfwrx.c...8#entry18016998
WITB

27

#58 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 665

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostMKPAPA, on 10 January 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 10 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

lol at the old boomers in this thread getting mad and yelling at clouds.

This is part of the future of golf and golf marketing. You've all been bitching and moaning in the 'why is golf dieing' threads...You want your sport to survive? You want younger people?

Well, this is how you sell to the 15-35 crowd. It's just ONE of the ways, to be clear. Not everyone will respond to it, but being so daft as to say this is some sort of 'Idiocracy' type marketing phase of the future is asinine.

This is a video of people having fun and enjoying themselves. It's not even specifically a marketing piece for Callaway FFS.

And this is coming from someone who hates music on the golf course.

Really? you think this wasn't for the sake of marketing? Do you know what the cringey word "influencer" even means?

I assure you I'm qualified to speak about marketing. Yes, I hate the word influencer as well.

This wasnt part of Callaways marketing plan for the products, It's an off-shoot planned by a separate people.
Long Live Nike

28

#59 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

    Go CUBS!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Franklin, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 10 January 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

lol at the old boomers in this thread getting mad and yelling at clouds.

This is part of the future of golf and golf marketing. You've all been bitching and moaning in the 'why is golf dieing' threads...You want your sport to survive? You want younger people?

Well, this is how you sell to the 15-35 crowd. It's just ONE of the ways, to be clear. Not everyone will respond to it, but being so daft as to say this is some sort of 'Idiocracy' type marketing phase of the future is asinine.

This is a video of people having fun and enjoying themselves. It's not even specifically a marketing piece for Callaway FFS.

And this is coming from someone who hates music on the golf course.

No, it's just dumb,, much like the YouTube Drama Video's.

29

#60 jimb6golf

jimb6golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135116
  • Joined: 08/03/2011
  • Location:Eastern MA
GolfWRX Likes : 398

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 08 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Watched on EALs channel. Looked so fun. Wish it was a much longer video.

And it was just on Golfholics channel as well.  Looks like a lot of fun and a great way to get exposure.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors