Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How do I put cash into my paypal account?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jmtbkr

jmtbkr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122982
  • Joined: 02/24/2011
  • Location:Palm Beach Gardens
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hi
It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.

Payapal and ebay are now one entity?

Now it seems you need to use an app?

Any help?

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Ping G15 5W
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Srixon Q Star

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 highergr0und

highergr0und

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Joined: 03/27/2008
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1881

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

You don't fund your PP account.  You hook your bank account or debit card up to it and when you buy something, it withdraws the money from your account.  The only time money goes into the account for a balance is if you return something or someone sends you money for something.

2

#3 jmtbkr

jmtbkr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122982
  • Joined: 02/24/2011
  • Location:Palm Beach Gardens
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

I understand that.

It used to be a convenient way to use my cash, rather than a credit card. That's what I want to do, still be able to fund it with cash.
Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Ping G15 5W
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Srixon Q Star

3

#4 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1389

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

Paypal and eBay are no longer one entity and to my knowledge paypal no longer offers the cash deposit option like you mentioned.
Titleist 917 D3 8.5° - HZRDUS Yellow 65x
Callaway XR Pro 3deep 14° - Project X LZ  
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120   
Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62- S300
Scotty Cameron X7M
RZN Platinum

4

#5 highergr0und

highergr0und

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Joined: 03/27/2008
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1881

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

View Postjmtbkr, on 07 January 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

I understand that.

It used to be a convenient way to use my cash, rather than a credit card. That's what I want to do, still be able to fund it with cash.

You could give cash to a friend who has a PP account who will then gift it back to you.


5

#6 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460084
  • Joined: 03/22/2017
  • Location:Cumming, GA
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

View Postjmtbkr, on 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Hi
It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.

Payapal and ebay are now one entity?

Now it seems you need to use an app?

Any help?

Defintley need the app.  After downloading the app and signing in.  Follow the below steps.  Very easy.

Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.

Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.
Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.

I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week.  I hate the service charge but it is what it is.  It's cash only, no credit.

Edited by CHuntsman, 07 January 2019 - 03:23 PM.


6

#7 jmtbkr

jmtbkr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122982
  • Joined: 02/24/2011
  • Location:Palm Beach Gardens
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

View PostCHuntsman, on 07 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

View Postjmtbkr, on 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Hi
It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.

Payapal and ebay are now one entity?

Now it seems you need to use an app?

Any help?

Defintley need the app.  After downloading the app and signing in.  Follow the below steps.  Very easy.

Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.

Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.
Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.

I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week.  I hate the service charge but it is what it is.  It's cash only, no credit.

Yep, that's it!
Thanks!

Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge  Heehee!!

Edited by jmtbkr, 08 January 2019 - 02:05 PM.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Ping G15 5W
Callaway X20 3-SW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Srixon Q Star

7

#8 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Ice up, son!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
GolfWRX Likes : 2245

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

View Postjmtbkr, on 08 January 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge  Heehee!!

This thread makes wayyyy more sense now.  Well done.
Hive Tour Titles: 2

8

#9 KAndyMan

KAndyMan

    JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497560
  • Joined: 03/31/2018
  • Location:MI
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

View Postceejay81, on 08 January 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

View Postjmtbkr, on 08 January 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge  Heehee!!

This thread makes wayyyy more sense now.  Well done.

I was wondering if this was some new way to launder/hide money...

9

#10 halliedog

halliedog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30624
  • Joined: 06/03/2007
  • Location:Akron OH
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 768

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

You used to be able to add cash through Coinstar machines like they have in grocery stores and the like.  Is that still an option?  I've done it before, but not for like 4 years or so.

And to OP - keep Ho'ing, and make sure you ship to work instead of home!

Edited by halliedog, 08 January 2019 - 09:24 PM.

WITB:
TM M1 8.5* w/ Aldila Rip Alpha 45.5
Ping TiSi Tec 7.5* w/ Elements Chrome 43"
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW
Nevada Golf Guy 53-08 w/ KBS Tour V X
TM "Un-Ghosted" Tour 880

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 CHuntsman

CHuntsman

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460084
  • Joined: 03/22/2017
  • Location:Cumming, GA
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

View Postjmtbkr, on 08 January 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

View PostCHuntsman, on 07 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

View Postjmtbkr, on 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Hi
It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.

Payapal and ebay are now one entity?

Now it seems you need to use an app?

Any help?

Defintley need the app.  After downloading the app and signing in.  Follow the below steps.  Very easy.

Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.

Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.
Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.

I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week.  I hate the service charge but it is what it is.  It's cash only, no credit.

Yep, that's it!
Thanks!

Now I can buy more golf stuff without the wife's knowledge  Heehee!!

Sounds like we live the same life... :drinks:

11

#12 ronnbee

ronnbee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
  • Joined: 08/29/2011
  • Location:Oakmont pa
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

can you fund xpressbet ?

12

#13 spazo

spazo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148953
  • Joined: 11/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

View PostCHuntsman, on 07 January 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

View Postjmtbkr, on 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Hi
It used to be that you went to the store and got a paypal card, gave the cashier whatever cash you wanted to deposit and then went home and entered the scratchoff code. Voila, your cash was in your account.

Payapal and ebay are now one entity?

Now it seems you need to use an app?

Any help?

Defintley need the app.  After downloading the app and signing in.  Follow the below steps.  Very easy.

Open Paypal App-Select Paypal Balance-Select Add Money-Select Add Cash-Choose from the available stores-Select Generate barcode-Show cashier barcode- Cashier scans barcode-You give them cash- Money is in account within 15 minutes and a followup confirmation email is sent.

Available stores include: Walmart, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, Walgreens, Casey's, Duane Reade, Family Dollar, Freds, Kum & Go, Kwik Trip, RiteAid, Sheetz, and Speedway.
Walmart is $3 service charge and all other stores are $3.95.

I add cash to my Paypal account from the CVS near my house at least once a week.  I hate the service charge but it is what it is.  It's cash only, no credit.
you pay $3 every week to use a non bank to hold your money? That's like $156 service charge to be in a bank.

That sounds insane.

13



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors