Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

and best lowball offer so far


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips?  smh

fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 bigmoneyp

bigmoneyp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106403
  • Joined: 04/16/2010
  • Location:Midwest
GolfWRX Likes : 494

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

View Postg-off, on 06 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips?  smh

New grips cost more than $80 so not exactly sure what you mean. I'm not saying your price was wrong bc obviously I don't know your price or the condition if your grips.

2

#3 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 756

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

I had an item listed here a few days ago for $115.  15 min after listing guy PMs me an offer of $40.  Normally I ignore lowballs, but had to reply to that one.
PING 4 Series
PING i20 10.5*
TaylorMade M2'16 18*
PING G25 23*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
Cameron Newport, PING G2 Tess
Srixon Q Star Tour

3

#4 Payton1020

Payton1020

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350239
  • Joined: 11/30/2014
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Handicap:12.5
  • Ebay ID:NA
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

View Postbigmoneyp, on 06 January 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

View Postg-off, on 06 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips?  smh

New grips cost more than $80 so not exactly sure what you mean. I'm not saying your price was wrong bc obviously I don't know your price or the condition if your grips.

Plenty of grips out there for well under $80, just sayin'.
COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black & F7+
ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
CALLAWAY X HOT 4-PW SS-85, APEX Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag

4

#5 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 805

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:35 AM

If grips are nice and the right size that’s a plus. I always change grips so I dont really care about grips. He just needed a reason for the lowball

Tour Issue M4 8.9 Aldila Rogue 130MSI 70TX proto
TM M3 15 degree Kuro Kage Proto 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
Taylormade MG 52,56,60 TI S400
Mannkrafted MA/66
Titleist prov1x

5

#6 Colej

Colej

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162677
  • Joined: 02/13/2012
  • Location:Hamilton, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:18 AM

View PostPayton1020, on 07 January 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

View Postbigmoneyp, on 06 January 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

View Postg-off, on 06 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips?  smh

New grips cost more than $80 so not exactly sure what you mean. I'm not saying your price was wrong bc obviously I don't know your price or the condition if your grips.

Plenty of grips out there for well under $80, just sayin'.

Plenty of really good grips for under $80that was just a excuse.

6

#7 br61

br61

    3x Hackin' Hall of Shame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49
  • Joined: 04/18/2005
  • Location:SW Missouri
  • Handicap:+1.3
  • Ebay ID:br-61
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

I've been selling clubs online for over 20 years, that is most common excuse in asking for a big discount due to potential buyer having to regrip the set of irons that I have listed. I change grips too often so they're often close to new.

Sometime, I will offer to take my grips off whenever it's feasible and sell them for around $40-50 or so less but I never hear back from them. Not once.
A bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0
Titleist 917F2 18*(17.25*) Diamana D+ 80 x-stiff
816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
Tour B X-CB 4-PW PX 6.0
TM Bronze MG 52* & 56*, Hi-Toe 58* & 60* ATV Modus
Bobby Grace LFI 45"

7

#8 stealthrt91

stealthrt91

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104856
  • Joined: 03/15/2010
  • Location:East Coast, USA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 06 January 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

I had an item listed here a few days ago for $115.  15 min after listing guy PMs me an offer of $40.  Normally I ignore lowballs, but had to reply to that one.
I'm the same way, never respond to low balls offers unless it's borderline offensive.  I don't get mad though, usually say something like 'aw shucks, already got an offer X amount higher' which most of the time is true anyways haha.
M4 D-Type 10.5* - NV 2KXV 65 Green
M4 Tour 15* - X-Tortion Copper 60
M3 19* - X-Tortion Copper 60
M3 21* - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype
P790 - DG105
Milled Grind Bronze 55.12 - DG105
Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60.ATV - DG105
Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback

8

#9 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 604

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

The educated buyer does the research and knows what the market will bear as does the educated seller..........  Then some will be clueless and think their stuff is worth
much more than market prices.  I have been wanting to find some shafts that Nippon discontinued and one eBay seller has a few used , Cut and in ok shape but they
are asking full NEW Retail price.  I messaged them with an offer that I think is reasonable and they lower the price a few bucks.  How can a seller continue to list items
for 6 months and pay listing fees over and over ?  I thought eBay charged each time you list ?

           On Topic I list clubs with "Like New Grips"  and do not factor them into the listing price. If the buyer doesn't want them I really don't discount because as others said
it's an excuse to chisel down the price.    I also leave $ 20 bucks or so in my asking price to negotiate.
Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

9

#10 VNutz

VNutz

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
  • Joined: 10/31/2010
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 3092

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostTzoid, on 07 January 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

The educated buyer does the research and knows what the market will bear as does the educated seller..........  Then some will be clueless and think their stuff is worth
much more than market prices.  I have been wanting to find some shafts that Nippon discontinued and one eBay seller has a few used , Cut and in ok shape but they
are asking full NEW Retail price.  I messaged them with an offer that I think is reasonable and they lower the price a few bucks.  How can a seller continue to list items
for 6 months and pay listing fees over and over ?  I thought eBay charged each time you list ?


Ebay doesn't charge insertion or listing fees anymore. They still will charge for certain aspects of a listing, like listing in multiple sections or sponsored listings or something, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some circumstances they might charge for listings, but for the most part they get all their fees out of final sales number.

But an educated seller would know that...  I kid, I kid. :lol:


OP, it's just par for the course on ebay nowadays. People think there's no harm in trying for making multiple lowball offers and seeing who might be willing to sell quick. Usually those types are the ones who then turn and list items at inflated prices and just let them sit. Know what you've got, know your general price range and eventually someone will come along.

Edited by VNutz, 07 January 2019 - 11:39 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 WhereIsDetroit

WhereIsDetroit

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510230
  • Joined: 08/16/2018
  • Location:Metro Detroit
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

You get 50 free listings a month and and usually eBay's rotates a bundle of more free ones to active users.

11

#12 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 392

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

View Postg-off, on 06 January 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

got an offer on a set of irons on the bay almost half of asking price, reason being the grips aren't that nice and buyer would offer more if irons had better grips, I guess this is like asking $80 more for new grips?  smh

Why don't you show us the listing and the offer so we can determine if it is indeed lowball?
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

12

#13 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

13

#14 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 392

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

View Postg-off, on 07 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240

Judging my completed and sold listings of similar clubs, I'd agree that it is indeed lowball.
I do find it funny that the person is picking on the Karma grips. Surely they are cheap grips but decent, as I have them on my practice clubs. You should reply that for the price he offered, Karma is the best he\she should have.

On second thought.. just block and move on. All kind of idiots on the internet and it's not even worth the time you spend on this thread.. LOL
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

14

#15 VNutz

VNutz

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116888
  • Joined: 10/31/2010
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 3092

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

View Postmister2cool, on 07 January 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

View Postg-off, on 07 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240

Judging my completed and sold listings of similar clubs, I'd agree that it is indeed lowball.
I do find it funny that the person is picking on the Karma grips. Surely they are cheap grips but decent, as I have them on my practice clubs. You should reply that for the price he offered, Karma is the best he\she should have.

On second thought.. just block and move on. All kind of idiots on the internet and it's not even worth the time you spend on this thread.. LOL

This is where the auto decline feature is best utilized. Set a bottom price that you'd be willing to consider, and anything below is automatically declined. Then when the listing is over go through the low ballers, chuckle at the offers, and determine if you want to block them or not.


15

#16 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 805

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Well you can solve that by putting the lowest offer you will take and not deal with the low ballers anymore
Tour Issue M4 8.9 Aldila Rogue 130MSI 70TX proto
TM M3 15 degree Kuro Kage Proto 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
Taylormade MG 52,56,60 TI S400
Mannkrafted MA/66
Titleist prov1x

16

#17 aceofclubs

aceofclubs

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164519
  • Joined: 02/19/2012
  • Location:Coopersburg, PA
  • Ebay ID:299alot
GolfWRX Likes : 246

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Not necessarily a low ball but had a guy make a total of 8 offers but wouldn’t pay an extra $4 for me to accept his offer.
It was for a single Mizuno 4 iron from an older set, so something pretty specific that the guy was in search of. He was in the UK and i told him I wanted $50 shipped for it. Over a few days he made a total of 8 offers, up to $46.
Ebay handles international shipping, but i feel like theres a little more risk shipping that far. And i knew i would sell it eventually so I wouldn’t budge.
I dont know how you lose a club over $4.
Driver: Cobra LTD w/Even Flow Blue
Fairway: Cobra F6 3 wood
Hybrid: Titleist 913H
Irons: PING iE 1  MODUS 3 105
Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
Putter: This area intentionally left blank

17

#18 rynobucket

rynobucket

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43807
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Within the last week, I had a fairway w/upgraded shaft listed at $55, the same club with stock shaft are listed and selling for about $45. I got an offer for $35 with the explanation that he did not think the upgraded shaft would work for him so didn't feel he should have to pay for it since he'd probably replace it.

18

#19 overtona

overtona

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16680
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Madison, AL
  • Ebay ID:oneo99
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

View Postrynobucket, on 08 January 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Within the last week, I had a fairway w/upgraded shaft listed at $55, the same club with stock shaft are listed and selling for about $45. I got an offer for $35 with the explanation that he did not think the upgraded shaft would work for him so didn't feel he should have to pay for it since he'd probably replace it.
Tell him that you will remove the shaft. ���

19

#20 rynobucket

rynobucket

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43807
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

View Postovertona, on 08 January 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Tell him that you will remove the shaft. ���
It was easier to decline offer with no explanation.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 juggernaut0629

juggernaut0629

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290277
  • Joined: 01/04/2014
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

View Postbr61, on 07 January 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

I've been selling clubs online for over 20 years, that is most common excuse in asking for a big discount due to potential buyer having to regrip the set of irons that I have listed. I change grips too often so they're often close to new.

Sometime, I will offer to take my grips off whenever it's feasible and sell them for around $40-50 or so less but I never hear back from them. Not once.

Love this, great idea
Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

21

#22 snapier

snapier

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3710
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Scottsdale, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

View Postg-off, on 07 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

the listing is wishon sterlings 5-gap regular apollo shafts, new karma grips apparently they are a problem listed for $395, offer was for $240

Last month, before Christmas, brand new sets (5-GW) of King Cobra F7 one length irons were selling for less than $250 shipped.

22

#23 snapier

snapier

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3710
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Scottsdale, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Postrynobucket, on 08 January 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Within the last week, I had a fairway w/upgraded shaft listed at $55, the same club with stock shaft are listed and selling for about $45. I got an offer for $35 with the explanation that he did not think the upgraded shaft would work for him so didn't feel he should have to pay for it since he'd probably replace it.

One person's upgrade is another's downgrade.

23

#24 MooJersey

MooJersey

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473982
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 06 January 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

I had an item listed here a few days ago for $115.  15 min after listing guy PMs me an offer of $40.  Normally I ignore lowballs, but had to reply to that one.

This is why I list on eBay almost exclusively now lol.  Guys seem pretty tight on these boards.  Had listed a brand new PX HZRDUS yellow here, non HC.   Guy offered me $40 shipped.  I pretty much LOL’d.
Cobra F8+ Driver
TEE EX10 Beta 3W (15*)
Ping G 3H (19*)
Ping G 4H (22*)
Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM7 50-12 F

Vokey SM7 56-12 F
Odyssey Works 2-Ball

24

#25 MooJersey

MooJersey

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473982
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

View Postaceofclubs, on 08 January 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Not necessarily a low ball but had a guy make a total of 8 offers but wouldn’t pay an extra $4 for me to accept his offer.
It was for a single Mizuno 4 iron from an older set, so something pretty specific that the guy was in search of. He was in the UK and i told him I wanted $50 shipped for it. Over a few days he made a total of 8 offers, up to $46.
Ebay handles international shipping, but i feel like theres a little more risk shipping that far. And i knew i would sell it eventually so I wouldn’t budge.
I dont know how you lose a club over $4.

Had a guy who wouldn’t pay an extra $5 on an item recently.  Guess they really didn’t want the item that badly lol....

Cobra F8+ Driver
TEE EX10 Beta 3W (15*)
Ping G 3H (19*)
Ping G 4H (22*)
Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM7 50-12 F

Vokey SM7 56-12 F
Odyssey Works 2-Ball

25



1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    ATAlxndr

GolfWRX Sponsors