Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2019 USA Solheim Cup Team Predictions

lpga let solheim usa

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AWinfortheAges

AWinfortheAges

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468490
  • Joined: 05/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

USA Solheim Cup Team Standings as of 01/05/2019

In via Rolex World Ranking: Cristie Kerr & Michelle Wie

RANK   NAME    SOLHEIM CUP POINTS
1   Lexi Thompson 265
2   Jessica Korda   232
3   Danielle Kang    227
4   Lizette Salas 220
5   Nelly Korda 218
6   Marina Alex 199
7   Brittany Lincicome 172
8   Austin Ernst   169
9   Megan Khang   167
10 Angela Stanford 161
11 Cristie Kerr 157
12 Brittany Altomare 154
13 Jennifer Song 138
14 Angel Yin 130
15 Michelle Wie 128
16 Jacqui Concolino   122
17 Amy Olson    121
18 Ryann O'Toole 110
19 Stacy Lewis   103
20 Ally McDonald 90
21 Lindy Duncan    89
22 Mo Martin 86
23 Annie Park    84
24 Emma Talley 68
25 Jane Park 62

Any early predictions on who makes the team? Who should be captain's picks?

I think Stacy Lewis will play herself into the top 8. If not she's a captain's pick. Gerina currently has 17 points. I wonder if she and Stacy may be inclined to skip this year since they are new moms and the event is not in the US. I'm rooting for Megan Khang to maintain or improve on that 9th place standing.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7246

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

If, as you say, Stacy and Gerina are disinclined to play overseas I would think they will not qualify for the team anyways. Too many events are off US soil.
TM M3 440 10* Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
TM M2  5w 18* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8S or Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester flow neck H5/ Toulon Rochester stock

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

2

#3 llewol007

llewol007

    4KidsGolfer

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211323
  • Joined: 11/15/2012
  • Location:San Jose, Ca
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 878

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

Dont matter who is on the team. Just as long as my feisty Cristie Kerr is on there. I am all good.
2017 M1 TI 10.5 Evolution II 661X
2016 M2 HL Evolution II 757X

3

#4 ChronicSlicer

ChronicSlicer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444562
  • Joined: 10/23/2016
  • Location:WPA
GolfWRX Likes : 623

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

I don`t see players 1-6 going anywhere,maybe not in that order, but they will be there. I could see Angel Yin and Ryann O`Toole making a run at it, depending on the play of Cristie Kerr, Brittany Lincicome, and Angela Stanford.

I just hope Princess Paula, is NOT playing unless she deserves to play..I`m not a fan of the " Well it`s Paula, we have to have her on board"

4

#5 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 7246

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

I would expect Megan Khang to continue to move up a bit and Wie will be there, if healthy. Always a big IF with Michelle.

TM M3 440 10* Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
TM M2  5w 18* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8S or Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester flow neck H5/ Toulon Rochester stock

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

5

#6 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 25207

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Amy Olsen has been steadily improving. I expect to see her jump a number of spots.

Emma Talley will be in her second season, so she'll likely move up.

6

#7 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 2479

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

View PostChronicSlicer, on 06 January 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don`t see players 1-6 going anywhere,maybe not in that order, but they will be there. I could see Angel Yin and Ryann O`Toole making a run at it, depending on the play of Cristie Kerr, Brittany Lincicome, and Angela Stanford.

I just hope Princess Paula, is NOT playing unless she deserves to play..I`m not a fan of the " Well it`s Paula, we have to have her on board"

Only 1 American player had more points than Princess Paula in the 2017 Solheim Cup.

Edited by North Texas, 07 January 2019 - 01:53 PM.


7

#8 ChronicSlicer

ChronicSlicer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444562
  • Joined: 10/23/2016
  • Location:WPA
GolfWRX Likes : 623

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 07 January 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostChronicSlicer, on 06 January 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don`t see players 1-6 going anywhere,maybe not in that order, but they will be there. I could see Angel Yin and Ryann O`Toole making a run at it, depending on the play of Cristie Kerr, Brittany Lincicome, and Angela Stanford.

I just hope Princess Paula, is NOT playing unless she deserves to play..I`m not a fan of the " Well it`s Paula, we have to have her on board"

Only 1 American player had more points than Princess Paula in the 2017 Solheim Cup.

I understand she performs well at the event, but I also believe you should have to earn a spot on the team. It`s a shame when fan favorites who have been playing poorly get chosen over someone who has out performed them. Essentially I`m not a fan of the captain`s pick.

8

#9 AWinfortheAges

AWinfortheAges

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468490
  • Joined: 05/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

View PostArgonne69, on 07 January 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Amy Olsen has been steadily improving. I expect to see her jump a number of spots.

Emma Talley will be in her second season, so she'll likely move up.
I was thinking the same thing about Amy Olsen.

9

#10 Raving Shanker

Raving Shanker

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465832
  • Joined: 05/01/2017
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:47
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

I am more worried about the European team, and just hope it's a semi-interesting competition.

I'd prefer to see the International Crown go annual!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 25207

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostRaving Shanker, on 12 January 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I am more worried about the European team, and just hope it's a semi-interesting competition.

I'd prefer to see the International Crown go annual!

I think match play tends to even things out a bit.

11

#12 18majors

18majors

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132784
  • Joined: 07/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostArgonne69, on 13 January 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostRaving Shanker, on 12 January 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I am more worried about the European team, and just hope it's a semi-interesting competition.

I'd prefer to see the International Crown go annual!

I think match play tends to even things out a bit.

Yes, world No. 400 could beat world No. 1 in an 18 hole match play; but that isn't the original intention of Solheim Cup.
Women's golf needs a Jack Nicklaus, who changed Ryder cup from Great Britain & Ireland to Europe.  Something should be done.

12

#13 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 25207

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Given that the SC is already U.S. vs. Europe, what would be the next logical step? Add Australia and New Zealand? Add Asia?

I believe the International Crown is already on its way to surpassing the SC in quality of competition.

13

#14 18majors

18majors

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132784
  • Joined: 07/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Argonne

You're right, from the rivalry standpoint; it doesn't make sense to add other continents.
International Crown is a team tournament; not intense rivalries; may be the annual Korean LPGA vs. KLPGA will be the rivalry event of the year for some of us.

14



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors