Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike Method 001 Paint Fill

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Need4spd

Need4spd

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53885
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Picked up a Method 001 yesterday and noticed that the paint fill in the sight dot, the Nike swoosh on the face, and a couple other areas is not black, but rather a dark shade of what I would call army green. From a distance you probably couldnít tell, but in the sun itís fairly noticeable.

I had one do these a few years back and Iím fairly certain the paint fill was black. Iíve also looked at just about every picture online that I can find and they all appear to be black.

Also, the thin milled line that runs the length of the sole from heel to toe (in the very center) is not perfectly straight. You wouldnít notice it at first glance, but itís definitley got some curvature to it. So all this got me wondering if this thing could be a fake.

Iíd post pics but I donít know if the color would even be that noticble in a photograph.

Thoughts?

Edited by Need4spd, 04 January 2019 - 03:38 PM.

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5į Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
Cobra KING F8 3-4 15į Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70-X
TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X  
Srixon Z785 4-AW Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S
Cleveland RTX4 54/10 & 58/9 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Odyssey O-Works #2
Srixon Z-Star XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Mitchell

Mitchell

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2251
GolfWRX Likes : 3686

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Could possibly one that came from overstock that Nike sold to various vendors like Dallas Golf- those often did not have paintfill or alignment aids so that could be added later based upon player preference.
Ping Rapture V2 9.7* Fuji 7.1
Nike Vapor Speed 2 dot 16.4* Fuji 8.1
Nike Vapor Speed 2 dot 19.2* Fuji 8.1
Cobra S3 pro combo 3-pw s400
Artisan 53* s400
Artisan 58* s400
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors