Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

199 replies to this topic

#61 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335269
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2281

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

View Postchadly643, on 07 January 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

I am not a machinist, but isn't the milling just a way to use a machine to do the work that Mike Taylor does by hand on a grinding wheel? He takes a forged club blank and uses his hands and a grinder to create the final shape. I'd assume TM is taking forged blanks and using a computer controlled mill to get the same results without having to clone Mike Taylor. Forging or casting is how you get the blanks, milling and grinding is how you finish the clubs. Is this accurate?

Chance are they take MT's grind, put it on a CMM, digitize profile and program a NC miller to replicate it to near exact specs and then finish sand.

I worry retail will be neutered because TW likes them heavy, tall faced and with added mass in the vertical. My hope is that they don't mess with it, in the way it was done on the 681 or get real dopey and strengthen the lofts. Offer them in S400, to true spec, I'm buying them.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 jll62

jll62

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
  • Handicap:+4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1445

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostNard_S, on 08 January 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I am not a machinist, but isn't the milling just a way to use a machine to do the work that Mike Taylor does by hand on a grinding wheel? He takes a forged club blank and uses his hands and a grinder to create the final shape. I'd assume TM is taking forged blanks and using a computer controlled mill to get the same results without having to clone Mike Taylor. Forging or casting is how you get the blanks, milling and grinding is how you finish the clubs. Is this accurate?

Chance are they take MT's grind, put it on a CMM, digitize profile and program a NC miller to replicate it to near exact specs and then finish sand.

I worry retail will be neutered because TW likes them heavy, tall faced and with added mass in the vertical. My hope is that they don't mess with it, in the way it was done on the 681 or get real dopey and strengthen the lofts. Offer them in S400, to true spec, I'm buying them.

Very few people should be playing irons built to Tiger's exact specs, and probably even less than that. What's the allure of having a limited release be exactly Tiger's specs if they're not playable by the majority of people buying them? There won't be much, if any, collector value to these.  I can understand wanting to have something that's essentially his, but most people will want to play them.

I have a set of 681T and was pleased they weren't exact duplicates of Tiger's irons because his would have never worked for me.
TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.5"
TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400
TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB

#63 bladehunter

bladehunter

I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 19831

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

View Postjll62, on 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Very few people should be playing irons built to Tiger's exact specs, and probably even less than that. What's the allure of having a limited release be exactly Tiger's specs if they're not playable by the majority of people buying them? There won't be much, if any, collector value to these.  I can understand wanting to have something that's essentially his, but most people will want to play them.

I have a set of 681T and was pleased they weren't exact duplicates of Tiger's irons because his would have never worked for me.

Youíd probably be shocked how much easier they are to hit with the beef tiger has made into them.  

I have a proto set of 681 no stamps.  They are near identical to tigers 681 proto set before the T stamp set.  Easiest blade to hit Iíve ever held.  My set was made for Matt jones.   The  resemblance ( near exact ) is undeniable.  

The reason they water them down is because itís cheaper to make. Less material and work time to make a generic shape. Same reason it takes mike Taylor to shape him a set is the same reason you wonít see the real shape come to retail.  Itís not just TM. Nike and titleist  did it too.

Edited by bladehunter, 08 January 2019 - 10:09 AM.

Ping G400 Max 9.4* Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TM 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
Bridgestone XD-H 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105x
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130 X
Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60  S400
Cameron GSS 009 1.5 beached tungsten sole weights

#64 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1009

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

Other than shafts I don't see whats wrong with his specs for most people? I'd love a set with a 50° PW
Callaway GBB Epic Forged 9.5° Diamana BF60S
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
Honma TW737 FWc 21° Vizard Type Z 70S
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
TaylorMade 2011 MC TxxxN "Onset" 4-PW DGS300
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Arm-Lock

#65 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 5443

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 08 January 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Other than shafts I don't see whats wrong with his specs for most people? I'd love a set with a 50° PW

It's not the loft specs, it's the CG properties that are considerably different than "average."

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
1 iron:  Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
SW:  Acer XB 58*, DGS300 tipped
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
(Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
   will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
Shoes by True Linkswear

#66 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335269
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2281

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

681's and T stamps are similar but T's a truer to his spec.681's left the muscle a bit lower yet they are still fantastic. Reality is most Pro's play different grind in the clubs they sponsor Rare to get same setup in retail set T's were of the exception and are perhaps one of the most valued blades offered in last 20 years. They want the P7 to be as coveted, they'll go the route of the T-stamp There's plenty of clubs out there go "rational", who needs another.

#67 jonn443

jonn443

Jonnystx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
GolfWRX Likes : 1085

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

Seems to be "testing" these TWs and the 18' GAPR once more. We'll see if one or both of these beat out the Phase Ones or his OG UDI.

Edited by jonn443, 08 January 2019 - 10:54 AM.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

#68 jll62

jll62

Major Winner

• 1,783 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 08 January 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

You'd probably be shocked how much easier they are to hit with the beef tiger has made into them.  

I have a proto set of 681 no stamps.  They are near identical to tigers 681 proto set before the T stamp set.  Easiest blade to hit I've ever held.  My set was made for Matt jones.   The  resemblance ( near exact ) is undeniable.  

The reason they water them down is because it's cheaper to make. Less material and work time to make a generic shape. Same reason it takes mike Taylor to shape him a set is the same reason you won't see the real shape come to retail.  It's not just TM. Nike and titleist  did it too.

If you hit them well, it's because your dynamics at impact match up well with the CG location in those heads. That's great for you! But if Tiger's irons were easier to hit than other blades for the majority of the target market, no company would intentionally release a version that's harder to hit. Titleist would have just been releasing Tiger's heads instead of the 681s or any other blade they released during that time.

There's nothing inherently different about the design Tiger's blades that make them cost prohibitive to produce as a retail offering (I'm not talking about making Tiger's gamers). If a company wanted to sell a Tiger blade at retail, they could setup a production line and produce them for about the same cost as they could for any other design. So why don't they? Because the CG location in these heads mean they're harder to hit for most of the players in the target market. That was my point in the post above.

Replica sets released in the past were based off the existing production line because it was cheaper to use those heads instead of spinning up an entire production run of a different design head. It has absolutely nothing to do with watering down one version because the design is cheaper to make. It was all about economy of scale as it related to their production runs.

If the P7TW are made the way we all seem to think they are, and they find their way to retail as a limited offering, then I think they'll be very close to Tiger's actual specs. The P730 design is too far away from the design of Tiger's heads to be a close enough match.
TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB

#69 csiachos

csiachos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8705
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

I think the sole actually does not have the milled grind marks.  It looks like one iron has it and the other does not, making me think it's a reflection from the wedge

#70 tbrumbeloe13

tbrumbeloe13

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323529
  • Handicap:+0.5
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

View Postcsiachos, on 08 January 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

I think the sole actually does not have the milled grind marks.  It looks like one iron has it and the other does not, making me think it's a reflection from the wedge
It looks like they do to me. Some are the new irons, but some are still the first Phase 1s that he’s been playing.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 bladehunter

bladehunter

• Advanced Members
  • 21,381 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

View Postjll62, on 08 January 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 08 January 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

You'd probably be shocked how much easier they are to hit with the beef tiger has made into them.  

I have a proto set of 681 no stamps.  They are near identical to tigers 681 proto set before the T stamp set.  Easiest blade to hit I've ever held.  My set was made for Matt jones.   The  resemblance ( near exact ) is undeniable.  

The reason they water them down is because it's cheaper to make. Less material and work time to make a generic shape. Same reason it takes mike Taylor to shape him a set is the same reason you won't see the real shape come to retail.  It's not just TM. Nike and titleist  did it too.

If you hit them well, it's because your dynamics at impact match up well with the CG location in those heads. That's great for you! But if Tiger's irons were easier to hit than other blades for the majority of the target market, no company would intentionally release a version that's harder to hit. Titleist would have just been releasing Tiger's heads instead of the 681s or any other blade they released during that time.

There's nothing inherently different about the design Tiger's blades that make them cost prohibitive to produce as a retail offering (I'm not talking about making Tiger's gamers). If a company wanted to sell a Tiger blade at retail, they could setup a production line and produce them for about the same cost as they could for any other design. So why don't they? Because the CG location in these heads mean they're harder to hit for most of the players in the target market. That was my point in the post above.

Replica sets released in the past were based off the existing production line because it was cheaper to use those heads instead of spinning up an entire production run of a different design head. It has absolutely nothing to do with watering down one version because the design is cheaper to make. It was all about economy of scale as it related to their production runs.

If the P7TW are made the way we all seem to think they are, and they find their way to retail as a limited offering, then I think they'll be very close to Tiger's actual specs. The P730 design is too far away from the design of Tiger's heads to be a close enough match.
Youíre saying the same thing as me. They didnít make them because it would cost more.

Tiger doesnít go to mike and say ď make me something harder to hit. This is too easy ď.  His irons are beefy all over. Especially the short irons.  But really everything.

#72 Stanks

Stanks

Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

I probably SHOULD NOT get two burritos when I go to chipotle, but I digress.

Telling a golfer what they should and shouldnít do when youíre not their coach or instructor is like adding gas to a fire.

Iím playing off 18. I suck. I have no reason to play blades or most any of the other clubs I use but check it out, I can and I do. Iím a glutton for hard learning because that is a way that teaches best.

The irons are a bit of a mystery and do look appealing. Everyone is curious to see what big car puts in the bag for the year and what, if anything, changes.

But donít ever tell us what we should and shouldnít do.
What a time to be alive

#73 jll62

jll62

Major Winner

• 1,783 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostStanks, on 08 January 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Telling a golfer what they should and shouldn't do when you're not their coach or instructor is like adding gas to a fire.

I'm playing off 18. I suck. I have no reason to play blades or most any of the other clubs I use but check it out, I can and I do. I'm a glutton for hard learning because that is a way that teaches best.

The irons are a bit of a mystery and do look appealing. Everyone is curious to see what big car puts in the bag for the year and what, if anything, changes.

But don't ever tell us what we should and shouldn't do.

*sigh*

Go back and read a bunch of my old posts. I always say that no one should ever tell someone else how they should derive their enjoyment from the game. If someone is a 35 and wants to play blades, by all means play blades. I'm not going to criticize someone for it.

What I was trying to get across in my post, poorly apparently, is that the specific specs of Tiger's irons, the ones mentioned in the post to which I replied (heavier, high CG, etc) do not fit even a small segment of the market. As such, I remain genuinely curious why people care that a future model matches his exact specs, as opposed to a model that is inspired by his but are more playable (hence the analogy to the 681T). If the answer is nothing more than, "I like Tiger and want to play his irons," or "They look really cool," then great. Play them.

These forums would be a lot better if everyone tried to assume positive intent when reading a post instead of immediately taking things in a negative way. I'll admit that I could have worded my post with a little softer tone, but I don't think it warranted a "don't tell me what to do" type of response.
TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB

#74 TinkerGolfMan

TinkerGolfMan

Tinker Golf Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332457
GolfWRX Likes : 375

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 04 January 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Great find!  #releasetheP7TWirons
Just like the #ReleaseTheRORS putter lmao.
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.

#75 Stanks

Stanks

Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

View Postjll62, on 08 January 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 08 January 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Telling a golfer what they should and shouldn't do when you're not their coach or instructor is like adding gas to a fire.

I'm playing off 18. I suck. I have no reason to play blades or most any of the other clubs I use but check it out, I can and I do. I'm a glutton for hard learning because that is a way that teaches best.

But don't ever tell us what we should and shouldn't do.

*sigh*

Go back and read a bunch of my old posts. I always say that no one should ever tell someone else how they should derive their enjoyment from the game. If someone is a 35 and wants to play blades, by all means play blades. I'm not going to criticize someone for it.

What I was trying to get across in my post, poorly apparently, is that the specific specs of Tiger's irons, the ones mentioned in the post to which I replied (heavier, high CG, etc) do not fit even a small segment of the market. As such, I remain genuinely curious why people care that a future model matches his exact specs, as opposed to a model that is inspired by his but are more playable (hence the analogy to the 681T). If the answer is nothing more than, "I like Tiger and want to play his irons," or "They look really cool," then great. Play them.

These forums would be a lot better if everyone tried to assume positive intent when reading a post instead of immediately taking things in a negative way. I'll admit that I could have worded my post with a little softer tone, but I don't think it warranted a "don't tell me what to do" type of response.

Itís all good bud. I have read countless posts youíve made and that one did take me aghast. Nothing personal intended or taken. Some still have that mentality of stating what should and shouldnít be done when referencing playing experience and blades and handicaps and itís yadda yadda. I donít know you to be the one that point that notion out which is why I spoke up. But Iím also a noted ďd***headĒ so there is that as well.
Here is to hoping that TM takes these posts to heart and maybe opens a market for the rors, TW, DJ, and all other TM staffers protos. I personally donít think theyíd be able to fill the orders quick enough.

What a time to be alive

#76 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • 29,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 4342

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostTinkerGolfMan, on 08 January 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 04 January 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Great find!  #releasetheP7TWirons
Just like the #ReleaseTheRORS putter lmao.

You know it:)

#77 noodle3872

noodle3872

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 901

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

If Taylormade will do a fully milled set of P730 irons for Rose and McIlroy, I don't see why they won't Tiger's irons would be any different.  From what I understand, hand grinding the sole is such a tedious process, one misstep and the iron head is garbage.  Milling the sole of an iron can be replicated time after time to exacting standards.  With TW's attention to detail, milling the soles of his irons probably yields the best results.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1ROSE.jpg

Taylormade 2018 M4 9.5į driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 15į fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 19į hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 22į hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
Mizuno MP-18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Futura 5M H17
Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
Titleist Pro V1

#78 TaylorMade Golf

TaylorMade Golf

• Sponsors
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474544
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 800

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Question - Did you guys enjoy the MeandMyGolf "Behind-the-Scenes" vlog at our photoshoot in Florida? The easter egg in the video aside, would you like to see more of this?

And on a side note, if we like a post in these forums, it generally means it's correct information. :good:
TaylorMade Golf Official Account
Est: 1979
Community: https://community.taylormadegolf.com/
Service: +1 866 530 8624

#79 jokerusn

jokerusn

nice shoes

• 4,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Handicap:8.0
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 951

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostTaylorMade Golf, on 09 January 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Question - Did you guys enjoy the MeandMyGolf "Behind-the-Scenes" vlog at our photoshoot in Florida? The easter egg in the video aside, would you like to see more of this?

And on a side note, if we like a post in these forums, it generally means it's correct information. :good:

Behind the scenes of this video?

https://youtu.be/72i8Fr-pDpo

I did see Rahm with a proto Aldila Green with graphene and Tiger with a DF.
M34609.5 Tour AD TP
M33HL Tensei CK Pro
818H219/UDI3 PX HB6
7904/Z7455-9/RTX446 Nippon
SM752F/58D/62M /DG/ KBS

Mann Rattler XL or MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link

#80 bladehunter

bladehunter

• Advanced Members
  • 21,381 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

Well. Since the only post you’ve liked is the one above with the milled heads it begs the question. Why didn’t you do this from the word go ?  You had his TGR iron specs to program off of.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • 29,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 4342

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

Ok good, now give us a release date on the P7TWs:)

#82 bladehunter

bladehunter

• Advanced Members
  • 21,381 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 09 January 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Ok good, now give us a release date on the P7TWs:)

I didnít read that as a confirmation of a TW exact copy in milled form being released.  But happy to be told Iím wrong.  Tm what say ye ?

#83 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 4759

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

How long has Tiger played a GAPR?

#84 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

45+ inch drivers are evil.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5637

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

While I personally have zero interest in a Tiger Woods model blade, or any blade for that matter, I do think it’s bordering on criminally moronic to be paying arguably the greatest player in history a huge sum of money to be part of your staff program and NOT offer a line of irons with his name on them.  I wonder if Tiger won’t allow it?

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

#85 bladehunter

bladehunter

• Advanced Members
  • 21,381 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 09 January 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

While I personally have zero interest in a Tiger Woods model blade, or any blade for that matter, I do think itís bordering on criminally moronic to be paying arguably the greatest player in history a huge sum of money to be part of your staff program and NOT offer a line of irons with his name on them.  I wonder if Tiger wonít allow it?

This man smells the smoke.

#86 hayzooos

hayzooos

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

While I personally have zero interest in a Tiger Woods model blade, or any blade for that matter, I do think it’s bordering on criminally moronic to be paying arguably the greatest player in history a huge sum of money to be part of your staff program and NOT offer a line of irons with his name on them.  I wonder if Tiger won’t allow it?

Agree with what you're saying, but splitting hairs...remember Tiger doesn't even own his own name anymore, Nike does. That's why he has TGR, Woods Jupiter, etc that are all his, but none bear the name "Tiger Woods".
PING G400 LST 8.5* Veylix Roughneck
Cobra F7 UST Elements Chrome+ 7
Callaway 815 hybrid 20* (+2) Veylix 988
Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
Odyssey MXM #1W
WITB Link

#87 hokiealumn

hokiealumn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488360
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

I for one enjoyed the video and I am looking forward to the subsequent releases the guys talked about. They teased at the end of the video they were doing a series of 5 videos and making a sort of "ultimate player" kind of thing which I thought was interesting. Honestly, I'm really just looking forward to all the Mic'd commentary they have of the players talking while filming the shoot over the course of the day.

Aside from the surprise that caught my eye, two of the more enjoyable scenes was the long drive competition between Rory & DJ and the commentary of the group asking Tiger how he controls spin with his wedge shots.

........ So after the rant, short answer is YES!
TM M3 440 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M1 15* Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
TM M1 19*
Hzrdus Red 75 6.5
TM P790 UDI 2-iron N.S. PRO Modus3 120X
Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-PW N.S. PRO Modus3
120X
Mizuno T5 51* 56* 60* N.S. PRO Modus3 120X
Evnroll ER1.2
Srixon ZSTAR XV

#88 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

45+ inch drivers are evil.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5637

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

View Posthayzooos, on 09 January 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

While I personally have zero interest in a Tiger Woods model blade, or any blade for that matter, I do think itís bordering on criminally moronic to be paying arguably the greatest player in history a huge sum of money to be part of your staff program and NOT offer a line of irons with his name on them.  I wonder if Tiger wonít allow it?

Agree with what you're saying, but splitting hairs...remember Tiger doesn't even own his own name anymore, Nike does. That's why he has TGR, Woods Jupiter, etc that are all his, but none bear the name "Tiger Woods".

Interesting thought, but not true. Thatís actually something of an Urban Legend.  Tiger Woods absolutely owns his name and can do anything he wants with it.  

If Tiger wanted to, he could certainly ALLOW TM to use his name to market a set of irons.  He obviously would get a large chunk of money to allow that.  Iím guessing It would almost surely  be in addition to whatever his existing agreement is to be on their staff.  Maybe he and TM canít reach an agreement.

https://www.snopes.c...-woods-jupiter/

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 09 January 2019 - 07:05 PM.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

#89 extrastiff

extrastiff

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512346
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

View Postliljim, on 04 January 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

He also has a Hi Toe 60* low bounce in his bag along with his regular MG 60* in the video.
Looked like hi hi toe had some taken off the heel as well
g400 lst 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
f8 13.5*, 18.5* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
testing 4 irons
forged ONE 5-6 | modus105x
p730 7-PW | tt dg X100 sl
hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | modus105x
Columbus
jumbomax tour medium grips

#90 cota0429

cota0429

Major Winner

• 2,081 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32528
  • Handicap:0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 2836

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

“Generally” = most cases

PING G400 LST Diamana LTD D+ 60 TX
Callaway Rogue Diamana LTD D+ 80 TX
Artisan VR Pro's by Mike Taylor X100 soft stepped TW Specs
SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...ked-witb-52215/

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Joshoc88

GolfWRX Sponsors