Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Why do pro's mark their balls?


37 replies to this topic

#1 Shandy G

Shandy G

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32232
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:St. Petersburg, Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

I just wondering.  There are a ton of people spotting for them.  They only play in groups of two or three.  And they normally hit it on or around their target area.  So why mark the ball?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 daughterscameron

daughterscameron

    Don't touch the Kitty!! (The Doll House) MB, SC

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10596
  • Joined: 01/27/2006
  • Location:The Litter Box
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Because it makes a great commercial. :D  :D

#3 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

I have often wondered the same thing...probably just from habit.

#4 obsessed_golfer

obsessed_golfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6021
  • Joined: 09/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

Don't they need to positively ID their ball in the rough?

#5 Chairman7w

Chairman7w

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29144
  • Joined: 05/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

Yes, per USGA Rules.


#6 Tmiller72

Tmiller72

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30047
  • Joined: 05/28/2007
  • Location:The Mountains of North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

Not every group has of spotters and each player is responsible for being able to identify their own ball.  It would be easy to find a ball that is the same brand and number as yours and it turns out to not be your ball.

#7 kklick

kklick

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8151
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

rule 6-5 ball.   the responsibility for playing the proper ball rests with the player. each player should put an identification mark on his ball.

#8 macglock

macglock

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15355
  • Joined: 06/08/2006
  • Location:alberta, canada
  • Ebay ID:macglocklen
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?

#9 OrangeBlood

OrangeBlood

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53782
  • Joined: 04/15/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

I wish we could order balls with whatever number on them we wanted. I didn't realize how cheap it is to have balls personalized. Something I will be doing here soon.

Does anyone know of a aftermarket marking system that you can create your own personalized balls?

#10 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 imsocrabby

imsocrabby

    inflammatory. in all the right places.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21026
  • Joined: 10/27/2006
  • Location:on the back range, ATX.
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 14 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?


i actually witnessed a ball search that resulted in the player's caddy finding the players ball....but it was from the previous round the day before.  he lost the ball the day before...same hole...same shot....lost ball.  same brand ball, same number, same marking....different color mark.  never found the ball and he had to go back to the tee for the second day in a row and re-tee.


i have also shown up on a tee box, went to show my competitor my ball and realized that we had the exact same ball with the exact same identifying mark.  i changed my mark after that tournament.


i learned as junior golfer to always mark my ball.  i always do...even if it's just a fun trip around...always.

#12 Tmiller72

Tmiller72

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30047
  • Joined: 05/28/2007
  • Location:The Mountains of North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 14 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?

All it will take is hitting the wrong ball in a tournament 1 time and you will start marking your ball.  It's actually pretty silly that you don't do that.  You are just asking for trouble.  Just put a dot or a line on it, it's not hard.  :D

Edited by Tmiller72, 15 June 2008 - 07:31 AM.


#13 hi voltage

hi voltage

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19816
  • Joined: 09/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

 King Bogey, on Jun 14 2008, 11:03 PM, said:

I wish we could order balls with whatever number on them we wanted. I didn't realize how cheap it is to have balls personalized. Something I will be doing here soon.

Does anyone know of a aftermarket marking system that you can create your own personalized balls?

Sharpie?

#14 R Stones

R Stones

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9406
  • Joined: 01/06/2006
  • Location:Mint Hill, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 14 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?


Thats what the sharpie Dennis puts in youre gift pack is for. I played champ flight for 3 yrs. And I played with a guy at Stonebridge who hit 2 tee shots the same pllace problem was both balls were same # and marking. I always but 2 dozen at a time 1 thru 8 mark them all then put them in sleeve in order, I only keep 2 sleeves in bag so when I grab one there in order.

#15 imsocrabby

imsocrabby

    inflammatory. in all the right places.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21026
  • Joined: 10/27/2006
  • Location:on the back range, ATX.
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

stones.....that's meticulous.  +1

i usually toss a bunch of new balls in the bag.  beginning of round i identify and mark my ball.  if i ever have to use a second ball, i use a different number with the same mark or same number different color mark.  

guess it all depends on what i have.


#16 xan_user

xan_user

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54358
  • Joined: 04/23/2008
  • Location:Sonoma / Mendocino
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

If I could win several hundred thousand dollars with my ball, you better believe i'd mark it.
"Please accept my resignation.
I donít care to belong to any club that
will have me as a member".

#17 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

 R Stones, on Jun 15 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 14 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?


Thats what the sharpie Dennis puts in youre gift pack is for. I played champ flight for 3 yrs. And I played with a guy at Stonebridge who hit 2 tee shots the same pllace problem was both balls were same # and marking. I always but 2 dozen at a time 1 thru 8 mark them all then put them in sleeve in order, I only keep 2 sleeves in bag so when I grab one there in order.
Hitting a second tee is really the only problem...I just make sure to hit a different number.  With every other ball in play at a tournament with a marking it is safe for me to say that my marking is the unmarked ball.

#18 imsocrabby

imsocrabby

    inflammatory. in all the right places.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21026
  • Joined: 10/27/2006
  • Location:on the back range, ATX.
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 15 2008, 09:34 AM, said:

 R Stones, on Jun 15 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

 NCNickentGuy, on Jun 14 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

 macglock, on Jun 14 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

pretty sure its a rule in tournament play to have a personal marking?
I am pretty sure that it is not a requirement to mark your ball.  I play in an amateur tour and have never marked a ball in my life, and never will.  Identifying your ball does not have to be by a personal marking.  Heck, I know my ball in a tournament because it is the only one not marked.  My last event the guy in the same cart as me was playing the Bridgestone e6 idential to mine, but his was marked.  I guess better safe than sorry, but how often am I going to be searching for an e6, or any other ball, in the rough with many of the same kinds of balls there.

And even if the pros are looking for a ball in a 20' x 20' area, how many Titleist #whatever would you expect to find there?


Thats what the sharpie Dennis puts in youre gift pack is for. I played champ flight for 3 yrs. And I played with a guy at Stonebridge who hit 2 tee shots the same pllace problem was both balls were same # and marking. I always but 2 dozen at a time 1 thru 8 mark them all then put them in sleeve in order, I only keep 2 sleeves in bag so when I grab one there in order.
Hitting a second tee is really the only problem...I just make sure to hit a different number.  With every other ball in play at a tournament with a marking it is safe for me to say that my marking is the unmarked ball.


i understand what you are saying....but...


....how many times in a given round have you found other people's balls?  last year during the texas women's open, we tee'd off on 9 and one of the lady's missed left...deep rough.  i get up to a ball....we're looking for a Titleist ProV1, #3 with a red dot above the 3............it's a Titleist ProV1 #3...no dot.


some unlucky chick never found her un-marked ball.  and thanks to my playing competitor marking hers, she avoided a penalty.


to each their own i guess.

#19 Pinhy

Pinhy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57439
  • Joined: 06/07/2008
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

plus it is fun to come up with a unique mark that is personal to me, and then sit down on a sunday afternoon with a final round on tv and "color" like I did when I was a kid, only instead of crayons and coloring books, I have a sharpie and golf balls.

#20 cojogolf

cojogolf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21794
  • Joined: 11/14/2006
  • Location:Columbus, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

For me it is almost like a superstition thing when marking my ball. May sound funny but maybe it is the same way with the pros??? I have marked mine since I started playing and it feels like there is something missing when I dont. Plus it helps to make a line for putting alignment


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Calif_Mulligan

Calif_Mulligan

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42675
  • Joined: 11/24/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Why don't the pro players get personalized balls with their names? Just like Tiger has on his?  Or how everyone can order personalized balls.

I wonder if everyone is running around in the rough on #13 on Torrey Pines trying to find Tiger's lost ball.

Edited by Calif_Mulligan, 18 June 2008 - 02:11 PM.


#22 mcputter

mcputter

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29978
  • Joined: 05/28/2007
  • Handicap:0.5
  • Ebay ID:rmholer
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

 kklick, on Jun 14 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

rule 6-5 ball.   the responsibility for playing the proper ball rests with the player. each player should put an identification mark on his ball.

The real question should be, why doesn't everyone play by the USGA (& R&A) rules and mark their ball?

Edited by mcputter, 18 June 2008 - 03:23 PM.

Adams 9015D 9.5 Diamana BB
Adams 5050 14.5 Fuji Pro95
Adams Super LS XTD 19,  Pro Mini 23
Adams CB1 5-9PW ZZ65
TM Black 52, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

#23 DaveyH

DaveyH

    Major Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21108
  • Joined: 10/29/2006
  • Location:Wales
  • Ebay ID:holein405
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

its a requirement in many competitions over here in the u.k

#24 sidewinder

sidewinder

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20202
  • Joined: 10/03/2006
  • Location:San Jose, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

 mcputter, on Jun 18 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

The real question should be, why doesn't everyone play by the USGA (& R&A) rules and mark their ball?
Neither the USGA nor the R&A require that a ball be marked. It is a recommendation, not a rule.

S-

#25 mcputter

mcputter

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29978
  • Joined: 05/28/2007
  • Handicap:0.5
  • Ebay ID:rmholer
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

 sidewinder, on Jun 19 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

 mcputter, on Jun 18 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

The real question should be, why doesn't everyone play by the USGA (& R&A) rules and mark their ball?
Neither the USGA nor the R&A require that a ball be marked. It is a recommendation, not a rule.

S-

If your golf ball is not marked, how can you positively identify it?

Adams 9015D 9.5 Diamana BB
Adams 5050 14.5 Fuji Pro95
Adams Super LS XTD 19,  Pro Mini 23
Adams CB1 5-9PW ZZ65
TM Black 52, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

#26 mjc694

mjc694

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31139
  • Joined: 06/08/2007
  • Location:Boston Ma
  • Ebay ID:mjc6942003
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

A year or so ago i teed off on the 3rd hole at a local cc in a member guest tournament, and hit my, ever so famous, duck hook squirter to the left in heavy rough.  a few minutes later I give up the ball for lost, and move on to the next hole.  

on the 5th hole i drove my ball into the 4th fairway, on the right (can anyone say military golf?).   I go down to my ball, identify it, by my mark.  Not too hard to distinguish, i mark with an irish flag, and a shamrock.....pretty clear.  Hit my shot to the 5th green, and get yelled at by a guy playing the 4th.  "YOU HIT MY BALL!!!"

"hold on there genius!" I reply, so smugly, "that was MY ball!!  I know because it was a bridgestone b-330 with an irish flag, and a shamrock.  How do you like THOSE apples?"

"thats what i was playing!!"  he says.  "I found it on the 3rd hole!!!"

D'OH!!!  

So now after 5 holes in a tournament im effectively out of 2 of them, and this was WITH marking my ball!!  

That story aside, are you aware that if you dont mark your ball you can be penalized?  

This is one scenario.  2 players using the same ball with out markings both tee off to a blind par 3 green.  WHen arriving at the green they discover that they are both playing the same ball, one is in the hole, and one is 6 inches from the cup.  Who gets credit for the hole-in-one?  Neither player.  

Correct me if im wrong, but that is reason enough for me to mark my balls, and from the afforementioned day forward I have also endeavored not to lose them.

#27 Baconator

Baconator

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38188
  • Joined: 08/25/2007
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

 mjc694, on Jun 19 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

A year or so ago i teed off on the 3rd hole at a local cc in a member guest tournament, and hit my, ever so famous, duck hook squirter to the left in heavy rough.  a few minutes later I give up the ball for lost, and move on to the next hole.  

on the 5th hole i drove my ball into the 4th fairway, on the right (can anyone say military golf?).   I go down to my ball, identify it, by my mark.  Not too hard to distinguish, i mark with an irish flag, and a shamrock.....pretty clear.  Hit my shot to the 5th green, and get yelled at by a guy playing the 4th.  "YOU HIT MY BALL!!!"

"hold on there genius!" I reply, so smugly, "that was MY ball!!  I know because it was a bridgestone b-330 with an irish flag, and a shamrock.  How do you like THOSE apples?"

"thats what i was playing!!"  he says.  "I found it on the 3rd hole!!!"

D'OH!!!  

So now after 5 holes in a tournament im effectively out of 2 of them, and this was WITH marking my ball!!  

That story aside, are you aware that if you dont mark your ball you can be penalized?  

This is one scenario.  2 players using the same ball with out markings both tee off to a blind par 3 green.  WHen arriving at the green they discover that they are both playing the same ball, one is in the hole, and one is 6 inches from the cup.  Who gets credit for the hole-in-one?  Neither player.  

Correct me if im wrong, but that is reason enough for me to mark my balls, and from the afforementioned day forward I have also endeavored not to lose them.

That really stinks, but begs the question of what yahoo plays a ball they just found in the middle of a tournament? Apologies in advance to any such yahoos reading this post :clapping: .

#28 GolfTitan

GolfTitan

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27827
  • Joined: 04/13/2007
  • Location:New Cumberland PA
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

2 stroke penalty for hitting the wrong ball.  I've done it once, because I was in knee-high grass, but trust me...not a mistake you want to make.

#29 R Stones

R Stones

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9406
  • Joined: 01/06/2006
  • Location:Mint Hill, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:42 PM

 mcputter, on Jun 19 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

 sidewinder, on Jun 19 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

 mcputter, on Jun 18 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

The real question should be, why doesn't everyone play by the USGA (& R&A) rules and mark their ball?
Neither the USGA nor the R&A require that a ball be marked. It is a recommendation, not a rule.

S-

If your golf ball is not marked, how can you positively identify it?


K.J. Choi had that problem last year somewhere, I can't remember where but the problem was I think the day before he had lost a ball in the smae place.

#30 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
  • Joined: 05/06/2007
  • Location:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

 mcputter, on Jun 19 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

 sidewinder, on Jun 19 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

 mcputter, on Jun 18 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

The real question should be, why doesn't everyone play by the USGA (& R&A) rules and mark their ball?
Neither the USGA nor the R&A require that a ball be marked. It is a recommendation, not a rule.

S-

If your golf ball is not marked, how can you positively identify it?
I know my golf balls like they are my children.  I can identify them from the location of the cart-path markings, no need to mark them with a sharpie.  Again, it is not a rule and I have never marked my ball with a sharpie and never will.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors